It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is tired, and no one knows why.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"As someone else said, the lethargy lifts a little at night, as if we get a second wind... so I have not been able to go to bed before 2 or 3 AM and then need a granny-nap by early afternoon."

Very familiar!

Also pondering if it's an idea to have some kind of Google Maps mashup where everyone feeling exceptionally/permanently tired in the last few weeks can push a push pin on the map near their general location.

But it's getting late and I'm finally getting sleepy, so grabbing the opportunity I log off

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I would say success NOT corn syrup is why people are fat in the US.
Most of us don't have to work with our bodies every day. We have a life style our grandparents would have killed for, easy/safe/comfortable.
Sure many may put in longer hours, but those are at the office not in the field.
People tend to forget that fat was once a sign of the successful man. A tanned person was a common field laborer and jeans were for the working poor.
Along with lack of physical labor is the growth of various foods. Everything from restaurant to grocery store has exploded with a variety of choices. Quite a few of those choices are ease of use.
Ease of preparation for the busy person.
A couple fo things to keep in mind
1. Big Pharma has created medications for issues that MAY not be there. This doesn't even address the effectiveness of medications.
That makes me question whether obesity is the problem it is claimed to be. Studies have shown that overweight people live through serious illness or prolonged hospital stay better than thinner ones. A recent study also questioned if cholesterol was a factor in heart disease. It seems that many people with high levels of cholesterol never develop heart disease.
Reminds one of the margerine is better than butter debacle.
2. We have been sold an artificial image as to what is healthy. Stick like models and starved actors are not reality. There are questions about if their is a bias toward thinner body type whites than fuller body type minorities.
Frankly the reading on the whole issue of just what constitutes a healthy body type is amazing.
3. Wealthier people have more time to exercise than poor working class people. Yes they have more money and can substitute purchased care for them selves and their offspring. How many McDonalds employees have a personal trainer?

Returning to the topic of tiredness, it seems to exist across geographic areas. That strikes me as limiting the impact of food, drink, and various cultural phenomena like excessive working hours.
We can also remove co2, just not strong enough at this point, from consideration. Probably barometric pressure as well.
What is left? Chemtrails? Magnetic influence from the sun? Other factors affecting us as a whole and not area specific?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Stress !
While most Americans are either ignorant of the facts or are in denial that their
country is crumbling all around them.

all the national parks sold off
last week they sold the Chrysler building off to Dubai

It's all for sale , And Americans cant seem to grasp that their isn't a pot to pea in, in America that isn't for sale.

By now the most astute Americans must be catching on that the demise of America is at hand.
I mean there must be at least a few Americans that are catching on
by now that the gig is up the NAU is upon you.

the signs are all there even if most live in denial

STRESS will kill you, or at the least make you weary and left with that burnt out feeling.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

My dog's been depressed lately. (Honestly, he's mopey sad plastered to the couch) even when I say let's go for a walk or play. All he wants to do is sleep which isn't like him (he's a pointer).

I also noticed that there's not as many birds in our area as a few years back.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Good point about organic food.

Now, how about natural soap.

Your skins is your largest organ and most soaps you buy at the store have parabens, artificial fragrances, propylene glycol, synthetic preservatives, imidazolidinyl urea and DMDM Hydatoin, mineral oil and isopropyl alchol and other stuff that can make you sick.

Soaps or other beauty / bath care products that have the above mentioned stuff can trigger heart palpitations, joint pain, allergies, depression, headaches, fatigue, dizziness and loss of sleep.

There are lots of very nice natural soap makers out there that make really super soaps at affordable prices.

I've been trying to eat and groom with only organic products and I have noticed I do feel better then before.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
www.ithyroid.com...

Originally posted by Susan1727
I was feeling very tired and my doctor had me checked for Epstein Barr (Mono). While I was getting my blood drawn, the lab tech told me that this past Thanksgiving, there was an epidemic of Mono in our are (mid-ohio valley) and the public was never told. My test came back positive for Mono. I am 53 and I have NEVER had Mono.

This reminds me of something - about 3 years ago I had mono and it floored me for 6 months. I had to take off work for 3 months and still had a hard time after that.

The fatigue now is sometimes on par with that. I don't know.

Has anyone checked out the vitamin D link to this epidemic? The over use of sunscreens leads to less vitamin D formed in the body. Vitamin D helps the thyroid gland, which in turns can determine our energy level.

www.ithyroid.com...
That link talks about it. Maybe it's worth checking out.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Hi I wanted to respond. I too have felt exhausted. Everone I meet complains of tiredness..
I have no appetite so Iv'e been making myself eat,because I forget to eat.I find I have had sudden heat bursts and my electrolytes get off and I feel heatsick,So I lay down and drink some watter with a bit of salt and sugar in it.
I feel weak,and sore my muscles ache. I don't eat alot of junk either and I force myself to walk for excercise.
The strangest most extreme of these things is happening to my cat. He is an older cat, but in a matter of DAYS he has aged ALOT more. Now,He is very lethargic,he is apathetic,he isn't himself at all..And his spine has become strangely promenant, his fur looks ragged ,he hasen't lost any weight still a bit pudgy , he's eating,drinking water hitting the catbox, but it is like he got old overnight.My other two cats also sleep alot more too.For me I look very young for my age but my body feels so old. I ache and I feel tired I think something is going on.What I have no clue.But it feels like crap.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

That's really odd. I live in LA and have been sleeping like crazy for the last 3 weeks as well, which is very unusual for me.

Same exact timeframe.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
IT is all about ACIDOPHILIOUS . It will save you years of pain //

dont get the $2 stuff -- Buy the expensive kind (1 Billion + organism formula) about $17 USD in Rite Aid pharmacy.

do an intestine flush, and then OD on Acidophilious like 5 pills a day// you will be a new person in 2 days...

en.wikipedia.org...

From personal experience, many of us are partially toxic from intestinal yeasts, organism and food additives.--

ALL MY WOES HAVE VANISHED !! TRY ACIDOPHILIOUS..

6 months ago I was a shell of a man dying on my couch - now i speed pedal my bike on the trail 10 miles a day, end of story..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hmm..

I'm not stressed, have a fun job with great colleagues, I work 4 days / week a.t.m.
I eat healthy, only biological, no fluoride in the water, I avoid anything with artificial sweeteners like the plague, haven't touched coffee in 2 years, the only sugar I get is in pastry, jam and chocolate (haven't had used 1 sachet of sugar in 1 year in other form..)
Drinking plenty of water, get plenty of vitamins and minerals (veggies + fruit) with an extra dosage of magnesium and vitamin C.

I'm just back from 4 weeks of one of the greatest and most relaxed vacations I have ever had and I'm still feeling _lethargic_.

Typing this simple message takes effort. The thing I'd want to do most is to rest my head on my desk, close my eyes and just 'gather energy'.

Residing in W. Europe for the last couple of years.

I'm totally confused about what the cause could be!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for reading my post. lol.

I am listening to all these posts saying some weird stuff like cell phones are the cause of it. The FCC they require hardware manuffactors/coponents to be first tested and also study the effects on health before it gets approved to be in the market. I know this since I am currently starting a gaming business trying to make a game console and know alot about computer topic, I am no top expert but i do know a thing or 2.

Ya I try using organic foods and also herbs, I don't use soap bars anymore I use certain herbs and make my own little soap. It's nothing but mixes or oils.

ever since I went herbal soap ect which I make at home a liquid type soap I can feel clean and I do get more energetic now. I am now just struggling to get organic foods because their expensive and I don't have much cash so I mostly go to the local grocery store ending up buying those chemical infested foods.

I am saying that I know I am somewhat right. My dad told me a story that when he came from pakistan to america for the first time and married my mom, he was in the winter in the snow with no jacket and had just regular clothes and also slippers he didn't feel sick or anything not even weak at the time he was very fit and never got sick. After a year or 2 living in the U.S he started to had on pounds slowly and got tired, and he then first time experienced the flu. this was 2 years after he came to america.

My dad told me that after about 10 years he went back to pakistan for a visit and his mom bought a organic chicken and my dad ate that and told me that just the smell of it made him hungry and after he ate it he felt energetic.

my dad has many experience and know for a fact it's our food. Now I think since 1995 pakistan started importaing foods from america and also the pesticides and adaped to U.S farm policies which pakistan usally follows now . Now they see a growth of mental illness and many other problems.

The pesticides here weakens our immune system this is why if you go to a 3rd world country like pakistan or mexico you will get diarreaa because your immune system can't handle the amout of bacteria in the water.

I do really think it's our food that is the problem and I do think the people that sell the pesticides knows about this but the farmers of america dosen't so only the pesticides company knows this and the people that helped get it approved by the feds they know about this.

today I try to stay away from fast food resturants because I would get very tired that I would have to sleep for like 4 hours and also my stomach would hurt it would fell like I ate a rock, it fells heavy.

the best thing I am trying to do is make a organic garden in my backyard to grow fruits and vegitables. I know this wont solve anything since I can't get a good supply of fruit and vegies for a whole year but I guess it helps at least some what.

people should read about the pestifcides that farmers are required to spray. You should read about why go organic. Really look at the products that you use on a daily basis their toxic.

my dad tells me if you grow fruit and you spray pesticides no ant or bugs or anmals would eat it and he said the reason they have stronger sense and could tell it's posin, if it's posin for them then it must be toxic for us.

my dad dosen't spry any chemicals on the lawn and we are the only ones that does this in our area and we get alot of animals in our back yard bunnies, squirls, even cats. We notice that they would come to our backyard to eat and they always show up around 6:00pm.

I am just saying what I think makes more sense then microwaves in the air trying to control us or make us weak and sick. Yes megnetic stuff has a impact on our health and could also contribute to our sickness but it's not the only thing that does.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
reply to post by ofhumandescent

the best thing I am trying to do is make a organic garden in my backyard to grow fruits and vegitables. I know this wont solve anything since I can't get a good supply of fruit and vegies for a whole year but I guess it helps at least some what.

That is the best solution, of course.
But if you can't get "organic" vegetables and fruit, at least soak them for a few minutes in cool or lukewarm (not hot) water with sodium of bicarbonate. It won't make them "organic", of course, but it will make them a lot cleaner and safer to eat.

Very good post.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ummmm...i really hate to be trite. This is nothing new...my grandparents spoke of this-it happened in their day as well. There is probably some science behind to some extent but its better known as "THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER".

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Stress, uncertainty of the future with war and gas prices as they are, plus we go against the natural rythym of sleep and wakefulness by staying up past dark and sleeping past sunrise. The heat will fatigue us as well. Lack of excersize will cause fatigue and difficulty sleeping, or the quality of sleep. Personally, Ive been having a lot of nightmares because of my financial problems.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
My impression of this thread and the general depletion many are feeling hasn't just started this last month or so as to qualify as "dog days of summer" fatigue.

I know many people, young and old who just don't have the get up and go that used to be a natural part of living.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think that everyone is being subjected to too many extremity at once. Or maybe it's that there's too much procrastinating by everybody. Maybe everyone is tired because they are overworking to make a living in these hard times.

As you can see, there's a wide selection of causes; not that I'm saying that this isn't an interesting thread. If anything, multiple possibilities makes it all the more interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My goodness 29 pages of replies!! I tried to read through it all, but was just too impatient LOL.

My take is that we're all tired because of the way we treat ourselves. Nowadays to make ends meet people are working longer hours and sometimes second and third jobs. Lots of us are in debt, adding tons of stress, which is tiring in itself.

The kids have to be shuffled from Dance on Monday, soccer on Tuesday, swimming Wednesday etc etc etc. we eat crappy processed food (if we have time to choke down a meal between jobs/kids, breathe in nasty polluted air, and stay up all hours of the night on internet forums.

I think I covered it all

Michelle

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

you must checkout chemtrails on'' youtube-broadcast yourself'' and so-on,also planet X.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129

My take is that we're all tired because of the way we treat ourselves. Nowadays to make ends meet people are working longer hours and sometimes second and third jobs. Lots of us are in debt, adding tons of stress, which is tiring in itself.

this doesn't cover it for me at all. my job right now is the least stressful its ever been. not in debt at all, not much stress (certainly less than any other time in my life).

i've eaten better lately than in a long, long time. so this organic food bull# doesn't fly either. yes, i'm sure organic food is better for you but since i haven't bothered with it in decades and am eating better now than ever, either the food has gotten much worse (doubtful, everyone would be feeling it not just a relative few) or its not the cause at all.

i haven't drank softdrinks much in the last 2 years. here and there, but not nearly as much as i used to years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

There's not really much to this that isn't cursorily obvious - people have tripled their productivity since 1970, but make less wages in real terms. People are working more, sleeping less, and eating worse. Now, add the stress of the ongoing wars of conquest and submission, the banking problems, employment problems, and general economic stresses, on top of a collapsing government and civil society, and the emergence of a violent police state, and it's really no wonder why people are feeling tired - because They. Are. #ing. Exhausted. We are wrapped in layers and layers of heavy chains, metaphorical, physical, and mental, and until we throw off these chains, we will not have the rest we need and deserve.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join