It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is tired, and no one knows why.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+101 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Unusual one this, but definitely a "current event" of the "other" variety.

I'll qualify my position by saying I'm not sure if its a local thing to me, or something more widespread, but fascinatingly - it could tie into this thread.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone I come across at the present time, from friends and associates, through to work colleagues and even people who's conversations I hear in the street all seem to be saying the same thing, that they are tired and run down, and have no idea what they've done to cause it.

So, firstly, is anyone else experiencing this in other parts of the world, and if so what do you think its down to? Atmospheric effects, weather conditions, missing time and being out of sync (as alluded to in the thread I linked) some kind of virus, global conciousness or something even more sinister?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well im probably just speaking for my self on this one, but as of about the last 4 days i have been feeling overly tired. not so much sleepy tired, but like lazy tired. i just want to sit and relax and im too lazy to get out of bed.

I usually stay up really late because its easier for me to run my business that way with the daytime traffic in my city, so i usually wake up around 1PM, but 4 days ago i slept nearly 13 hours till 4:30... Totally bizarre! but to be honest it was raining and darker than usually. but still thats just odd for me to sleep that much and especially that late.

maybe its just the summer heat. its awfully hot here in the US. in central Texas we have had like 2 strait months of 95F or higher in a row.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You are more easily conquered when you are tired. Plus it cuts down on the loss of life because you are too tired to fight.

If you were lean, healthy, and fired up...the fight against the conquest would be rather bloody and possibly throw a wrench into the conquest

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Funny you should say that but I know that here in London we are all saying the same thing, Every one I bump in to is saying there real tired lately,

You ask someone how they are and you tend to get the response "Feeling kind of tired” And then you are like "Yes me too" then it leads to the comment of "Everyone’s feeling like this at the moment"

I put it down to weather, Conditions this year have been up and down, 1 day hot another cold, Rain, wind, then blazing sun,

It’s funny as I feel more tired in the day than I do at night; it seems to pass in the evening,

I also wonder if its down to the stress we are feeling in the UK, Fuel prices, food Crisis, ect ect maybe we are all over thinking and its causing us all stress,

I will be interested to hear others thoughts on this as well,

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
People are waking up fast... waking up to the monotony and the lifelessness in their daily routine. I would say it's a combination of awakening consciousness, and as is the nature of reality, the dual opposing force of awakening pushing back even harder.

Gas prices, anyone? Media doom and gloom, anyone? More war, anyone?

I am experiencing the same thing, as well as everyone I know. It's definitely a time of change... kind of like lactic acid building up in the metaphoric muscles of the collective unconscious. Tearing down the old weak muscle of the soul and building new, stronger muscle.

Interesting times, my friends!!! Be aware!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up! I ALWAYS feel tired. i feel tired now and i didn't drink at the weekend and had more than enough sleep. It's just something I am used to. I even went to the doc's because it can be a sign of diabetes but I am perfectly healthy.

I think it might just be due to the general everyday living of the modern world. We aren't living as nature intended and we have a lot of stress (especialy now) related to money and have to constantly stay focused on work etc. Even relaxing is difficult for a lot of people because apart from sitting in the garden (which some of us don't have) everything costs.

We are constantly planning ahead instead of living for the day... Stress makes you tired... stress is abundant.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Im guessing its pressure in the atmosphere, which gives these type of symptoms. I have been feeling tired lately! Its not good realy as i have so many things i would like to do, like go walking in the countryside at night by moonlight with girlfriend, and watch stars and have a romantic meal!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Ryan Lloyd]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I know one thing...Im about to drag my tired butt to the gym because I know from experience that when I work out..weights and cardio, my systems fire up, big doses of testosterone floods my system and I'm rather hopped up and a little on the grumpy side.

Try to fight it people

sty

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the diet with overloaded artifficial taste, flavours, colours etc can be a factor in this . Also the air polution could make ppl tired too. Try to shift towards green organic food for a clean-up , mixed with 2-3 green teas a day.And sleep at least 8 hours for several days . Things should be changed then..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus1111
I know one thing...Im about to drag my tired butt to the gym because I know from experience that when I work out..weights and cardio, my systems fire up, big doses of testosterone floods my system and I'm rather hopped up and a little on the grumpy side.

Try to fight it people

Love the gym! Gonna go this weekend get my muscles begging for mercy

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think it's a number of things accumulating. People are stressed and don't understand how, despite working more than ever with better technology their lives are getting economically harder (this is because they are being ripped off by the capitalist parasite class). People are under attack from more pathogens and higher toxicity levels, some due to social engineering black ops so as to remove oposition for fascism, some just due to the rundown of the industrial system which has always discarded enviromentalism for the most part. People are weaker due to a worse diet, based on processed and possibly irradiated foods that hold little or no nutritional value and throw people in a paradoxical overweight starvation, with high fat levels and low sugar and vitamin levels and no fiber to help digestion. People are chemicaly intoxicated by a pharmacologically intense medical system, which saturates healthy systems in it's efforts to treat unhealthy systems, throwing people into a downward spiral healthwise. People are suffering from weaker immune systems due to vaccination programs that are not living up to hype and I think are actually making us weaker, if not transmitting long term diseases to us. This last point ties in with the social engineering black ops, as I suspect we are under a concentrated dumbing down process by those among us who see themselves as feudal lords and want to bring back the peasant class by destroying the middle class, which would give us things like toxic vaccines and chemtrails, all under pretext of global climate calimity and health issues, ie problem, reaction, solution. Lower oxygen levels from deflorestation or just higher CO2 levels could have an effect too, but this one needs some study, as some people say the earths flora as a whole is thriving, which would make sense due to global warming opening up more land and high CO2 levels stimulating plant growth, compensating to a degree deflorestation in south america and africa.

Sorry for the wall of text, but there's a lot to it imo.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well i have tryed to make some big changes in my food ect, I now each fresh food cook everything from scratch, i dont have any packet meals, Drink more water, Work out, Have more Vegs, ect ect,

Im trying to regain what it was they say our bodys used to be like before the fast meals ect,

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Everyone is tired. No one knows why.

Count me in. My health stinks (as usual) but this past week my energy took a real nose dive. Serious nose dive. Like I'm ready to fall asleep all day long.

It could be me (I have a laundry list of health problems), but this excessive fatigue is very new.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
An athlete trains for an event, but in general cannot remain in peak performance for an extended time..... cells have to replenish and repair and then she or he works with their sights on the next event.

I wonder if being in a constant state of readiness for who-knows-what doesn't wear us down sometimes.

Probably time for me to resorted the already sorted stackable boxes and packs of survival goods [again], test the water, oil the handtools, make a coupla more rolling boxes to garden in. Usually puts my mind at ease that we're doing all we can to mitigate things.

On a related note, has anyone noticed any particular change in the haziness of the air? I used to go out nearly every sunset and take photos, in pursuit of the green flash (got four good shots of them). For the last two months, or maybe a tad longer, the sun has set into a haze so thick I loose sight of the sun long before it touches the horizon. I would normally chock this up to something seasonal, however us being avid stargazers in an area with almost no light pollution, I can say that the "seeing" at night has been terrible..... again, kinda hazy. Probably unrelated to the thread, but it FEELS related.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I live in Ontario Canada, and everyone I've talked to here, including myself and my family, is feeling it too Nef.
The summer used to give me energy..not so this year. I try to keep active..but I wind up taking a nap half way through the day.
I even changed my diet, and it didn't help.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Now this is weird. The last 4 days I've slept more than I ever have in my entire life.

over 11 hours 4 days in a row!! I work out, I eat right, but I just can't get out of bed.

I should mention I've been living in a van with no AC all summer and just got back home where a bed was waiting for me, I've also had a small cold and have been off work.

Regardless though, its the waking up part that I've never found so hard.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I honestly haven't noticed it here (Northwest US) but then again, I work nights and I have been like a zombie for the last 6 years. I would probably think that something was wrong if I wasn't tired all the time.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Two thoughts come to mind, the first is your location? Is it winter where you are? I know where I am the weather has been cold, wet and pretty demoralising, It doesn't make me want to do anything but stay inside and be lazy.

The second thought I had makes me think about a part of the plot from the movie Serenity:

A holographic recording from Dr. Caron, a regretful Alliance scientist, explains that the Alliance attempted to bring peace to the population by filling the atmosphere with a drug designed to suppress aggression.

Could it be something similar?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Physically tired is one thing. I've noticed everyone around me is horribly mentally tired. They are feeling an emptiness, a monotony that doesn't feel normal anymore, like they are WAITING and the suspense just gets bigger and bigger, like something's about to happen (most people are pessimistic about it... I guess you can't blame them for being so), and reality just seems weaker than it used to.

I know I especially have been living in a mental fog for the past two or three years... not that my memory is bad, but just like I don't seem as attached to my perception as I used to... and that alone makes me tired because it means I have to try extra hard to even care about trivial things like money, job, finishing community college, getting my own place, finding a mate to settle with...

All I really wanna do is play music constantly, and even THAT is strained because it seems like everyone is so flaky lately. Me and my bassist have been looking for a drummer for about a year and a half now. Four guys have flaked on us. We're good musicians. I'll give you an example if you'd like. We're damn good at what we do, and we just can't understand why everybody is pulling away.

Yeah, on top of the tiredness of people... everyone except for a couple of close friends seems to be experiencing like hyperactive ignorance, selfishness, and just unabated super heightened apathy... like all the sudden this year, it's gone from 5 to 11 (this one goes to eleven, okay?). I rarely see anyone I hung out with a year ago anymore. Everyone is quite literally running away.... but from what??? They can't escape themselves. What kind of insanity is this?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Two thoughts come to mind, the first is your location? Is it winter where you are? I know where I am the weather has been cold, wet and pretty demoralising, It doesn't make me want to do anything but stay inside and be lazy.

The second thought I had makes me think about a part of the plot from the movie Serenity:

A holographic recording from Dr. Caron, a regretful Alliance scientist, explains that the Alliance attempted to bring peace to the population by filling the atmosphere with a drug designed to suppress aggression.

Could it be something similar?

Yeah... except the drug in real life is designed to make everyone a paranoid selfish apathetic buttmonkey.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join