It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President Says No War With U.S., Israel!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Hmm, funny, I haven't seen ahmadinejad invading any other countries and murdering tens of thousands based on lies. I haven't seen Iran planting their flag on foreign soil and trying to set up permanent bases of the countries they are illegally occupying. But I have seen the Bush admin do it. You tell me "don't be foolish" like you know he's spreading propaganda, and yet the one's accusing him of being the aggressor are the ones that currently have us in a 5+year war with PEOPLE WHO DID NOTHING TO US. And neither has IRAN.

So you saying "don't be foolish" = right back at you. Use some common sense.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

Fair enough. You are correct about Ahmadinejad not fooling around in other countries' business, unlike 'our' government [because I'm sure you'd agree that the US gov. an extension of corporate interest, period, in 2008].

Furthermore, you and I appear to be disagreeing on the point of whether Ahmadinejad means what he says. Yet we both seem to have NO doubt that politicians LIE.

I concede the point to you, DD, because I recognize that you are not the enemy. Like me, you are merely doing your due diligence to find Truth with a capital 'T', without blindly [and dumbly] falling in line behind the company line we're force-fed here through the MSM, as well as the government, the schools, the churches, the medical industry, and so on and so forth, ad nauseum, in our diseased society.

It frustrates me, and it frustrates you, and it frustrates millions of thinking people as well. Let's hope these millions are caring people as well.

Excuse my incendiary posts prior. It certainly was nothing personal. I support your continued quest for Truth, my fellow human being. Godspeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Star for your post friend. My main hope is that enough people become tired of these endless barbarisms that they FORCE these few in "power" to stop this crap. We have all had enough of these conflicts. They do nothing but drain our countries dry. The only folks who seem to NOT desire peace are the gov and Elitists, who profiteer from these interests. Thanks for your post.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

ya iran has been peaceful for 1000 years. i guess the iran-iraq war that lasted 8 years with almost 1 million casualities isnt a big deal or anything

The Iraq war has nothing to do with Iran. It was America whu attacked.

Really its soooo disturbing hearing some yanks talk here. No offence to the intellegent ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Iraq invaded with the blessing of the USA

The two nations severed diplomatic relations in June 1980, and sporadic border clashes increased. On September 17, in a statement addressed to the Iraqi parliament, Saddam Hussein stated that "The frequent and blatant Iranian violations of Iraqi sovereignty...have rendered the 1975 Algiers Agreement null and void... This river...must have its Iraqi-Arab identity restored as it was throughout history in name and in reality with all the disposal rights emanating from full sovereignty over the river." Iraq launched a full-scale invasion of Iran on September 22, 1980. Iraq's pretext was an alleged assassination attempt on Foreign Minister Tariq Aziz in southern Iraq, which Saddam Hussein blamed on "Iranian agents", in one of his speeches.

and even when iraq used chemical weapons against them:

www.nj.com.../specialprojects/mideaststories/me1209.html

www.commondreams.org...

www.thestar.co.za...

they didn`t reply in kind;

and i know its wiki but theres alot of citations actually:

en.wikipedia.org...

including the infamous rumsfeld picture with Hussein

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is the risk of conspiracy forums. You know, i am up for a good conspiracy like the next guy. and i cannot say that the bush admin didn't want to go to iraq for "other" reasons. but the lying part is untrue (at least, the lies are no more or less than what we can expect based on the horrible ethics displayed by just about every president). no need to debate it, other than to say that reporting what you are told is not lying. a lie is told when you know it to be untrue. and the whole "he should have known" thing doesn't pan out, as the whole world believed the same intel that bush got.

that notwithstanding....this is a flip flop by irans prez for two big reasons:

1. the ayatollahs have been exerting pressure on him to tone it down. there are multiple interviews and reports (search ATS, i have seen a few around here) that discuss the apparent dissention internally, and that the ayatollahs are concerned that he is getting "too big for his britches". they also realize that his sabre rattling rhetoric is not winning them any support, or giving them any diplomatic leverage. which leads me to the next point:

2. iran is going to the table with the Eu, under a US sanction. talking smack right now would make that meeting useless and a waste of time. they have much to gain. he has already built his capital by his aggressive statements. now its time to play his hand and see what he can get from it.

besides, iran is not in that bad shape. given that his mouth is a big reason for oil increases, he has played his hand fairly well thus far...at least, from his perspective.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well this is not going to help them they just test launched 7 missles? looks like it just got a little more real

www.msnbc.msn.com...

its funny all three sides are like theres no war in the future what is everyone talking about while in the background missles are firing from Iran, Isreal is doing bombing exercises and the US is setting up missle defense systems
no war then why all the preparations from all sides?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Well first I dont have wet dreams of bombs going off in Tehran. I need not know who Dana P is, and why should I if she is crazy as you claim and just wants war? Maybe I should question you about why you even listen to her? I dont have time to listen to people full of BS let alone research them. I still dont think you have read my posts because if you did you would realize I dont want war with Iran not even close. I do NOT buy into the war propaganda on foxnews or any other new agency either. ALL I AM SAYING is in order to go to war BUSH needs to convince the American public that their is a legitimate reason. If Iran were to suspend its uranium enrichment program BUSH would NOT have that reason anymore and thus the American people would not buy in to it. Iran KNOWS that Bush is crazy and will not hesitate to launch a preemptive strike. SO it would seam reasonable to me that if IRAN did NOT want war they would just play the game and suspend their nuclear program so there is no longer a legit reason in the American MSM. Is it so hard to understand??????? And when I say "legit" to the American people I mean the people who actually think that the BS in the MSM is FACT. I know it is NOT!

ALSO here is a nice quite from Iran a country that you say "does not want war."

"Our hands are always on the trigger and our missiles are ready for launch," the official IRNA news agency quoted Gen. Hossein Salami, the air force commander of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Star for your post friend. My main hope is that enough people become tired of these endless barbarisms that they FORCE these few in "power" to stop this crap. We have all had enough of these conflicts. They do nothing but drain our countries dry. The only folks who seem to NOT desire peace are the gov and Elitists, who profiteer from these interests. Thanks for your post.

Now THIS is you and I both taking that proverbial 'high road'...together...

Talk about 'the road less traveled'.

Glad to join you on the journey, DD.

The inherent obstacle in this 'western' [now global] civilization is that while, I agree, we [the people of the world] have indeed had 'enough of these conflicts', we are also, for the most part, increasingly pushed down into submission by the very force that got the Elite to where they are in the first place--namely, their boundless avarice.

Pushed down by the litany of lies that are propagated upon us by fools--either the corrupt ones who feel that the high-point of man is his ability to rationalize the most abhorrent and destructive behavior with his relativistic intellect, wholly ignoring the in-born human trait of compassion, or the fools who shill for these sick people on top of the pyramid of power in our world.

I suppose that my initial shot, however misguided it may have been, was me projecting [or is it transferring? my psychobabble vernacular is atrophying, thankfully] my own frustrations with myself for buying into the elephant and donkey crap we're force-fed via the MSM, et al., for years and years.

So lately I've realized, however painfully, that I, too, have sheepishly bought into the global scam. Yet I don't want to continue to hold America responsible for ALL of it, because, well, I am an American citizen.

And I am just as responsible as the next American guy or gal for this society we're a part of. Because we still do have a Constituion, and we still are our brothers' keeper, and I still believe that, somehow, Love trumps all.

Before I start trying to stick daisies in rifle barrels, however, I recognize that there must be a middle way [minus the religious connotation], between brow-beating those Elite who wouldn't even charitably give a half a s#i#, about our concerns, unless of course their P.R. guy recommended it, and on the other extreme, Pollyana-ism.

In other, fewer words, our walking around with unmitigated, however understandable rage serves no purpose except to keep us down, which is just where they want us. Ignoring it is, well, ignorant, and we all know ATS' stance on ignorance.

Bottom-line, brothers and sisters, and I have to swallow my in-borne male pride to say this, it is scary. I am afraid.

Yet I also KNOW that the opposite of fear is Love, insofar as Love even having an opposite.

F fear, if you will. It is an entirely temporary emotion, like all the other ones...and it will pass. Love, goodness, God [again, minus the religiosity], the Universe, the Field, call it what you will, continues.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wiz4769
Well if he really means this, then its time to stop ALL nuclear work being done and cooperate 100% with inspections. If he does this I will believe him and will not even think about Iran again or at least until the next ordeal comes up.

why? That's like telling somebody they can't use gasoline anymore because it can be used to make napalm. friggen stupid.

not "you're stupid," just a stupid situation.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by WinoBot]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

ya iran has been peaceful for 1000 years. i guess the iran-iraq war that lasted 8 years with almost 1 million casualities isnt a big deal or anything

Do you even know how the original Iraq / Iran conflict happened? I guess you don't. Heres a small refresher:

Brief synopsis:

On September 22, 1980 the Iraqi army invaded Iran at Khuzestan, precipitating the Iran-Iraq War. The attack took revolutionary Iran completely by surprise. Saddam Hussein's forces made several early advances, by 1982, Iranian forces had pushed the Iraqi army back into Iraq. Khomeini sought to export his Islamic revolution westward into Iraq, especially on the majority Shi'a Arabs living in the country. The war then continued for six more years until 1988, when Khomeini, in his words, "drank the cup of poison" and accepted a truce mediated by the United Nations. Tens of thousands of Iranian civilians and military personnel were killed when Iraq used chemical weapons in its warfare. Iraq was financially backed by Egypt, the Arab countries of the Persian Gulf, the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact states, the United States (beginning in 1983), France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, and the People's Republic of China (which also sold weapons to Iran). There were more than 100,000 Iranian victims of Iraq's chemical weapons during the eight-year war. The total Iranian casualties of the war were estimated to be between 500,000 and 1,000,000. Almost all relevant international agencies have confirmed that Saddam engaged in chemical warfare to blunt Iranian human wave attacks; these agencies unanimously confirmed that Iran never used chemical weapons during the war.

reply to post by poet1b

So, all those numerous times when Iran invaded India, that wasn't war?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Maybe I'm missing something. Iran and India have always had great relations. In fact:

India says waging war on Iran is unacceptable

Iran - India relations

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The “war on terror” is the mega-lie, from which all the other lies flowed—about weapons of mass destruction, aluminum tubes, mobile laboratories, Nigerian yellowcake, and Saddam Hussein harboring al Qaeda. The mega-lie brought torture, suspension of habeas corpus, domestic spying, cronyism and no-bid contracts, destruction of video tapes, outing an undercover CIA agent, “rendition,” murder and rape by contract U.S. mercenaries, and so on beyond counting.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Thats not the point. The point he is making is that you ignore Iranian propaganda as truths and the American side as all lies. That is biased and your opinion is subjective. You just dont like America, its easier for you to admit it. Please stop blaming America for all the worlds problems.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The “war on terror” is the mega-lie, from which all the other lies flowed—about weapons of mass destruction, aluminum tubes, mobile laboratories, Nigerian yellowcake, and Saddam Hussein harboring al Qaeda. The mega-lie brought torture, suspension of habeas corpus, domestic spying, cronyism and no-bid contracts, destruction of video tapes, outing an undercover CIA agent, “rendition,” murder and rape by contract U.S. mercenaries, and so on beyond counting.

Saddam did have Yellow cake. They just sold it all to Canada to be processed for power generation. I guess the Iraqi government is lying too.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Exactly. There are LOTS of idiots on here that will believe ANYTHING the Iranians say but dismiss ANYTHING the Americans say. You cannot have a forum and debate intelligently with people like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's all propaganda from both sides. The US says this to their people, Iran says that to theirs. All glam and no show. There will be no war, just a big "reality" tv show on CNN.

We test missles, they test missles. We practice wars games, they do it too. I don't know what's being said on Iranian news, but I'll bet it's the same propaganda that the US tells their ppl "we're all winning" yadda yadda yadda...next channel!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

But would you agree that his comments are completely unacceptable? Stating that you want nuclear power only for peaceful purposes while at the same time saying Israel will be whipped off of the map are very contradictory. Maybe he won't nuke Israel if he has the bomb, but how can you be sure unless you can tell the future. To make it as if this guy is such an honest guy amazes me. This is the same guy who came to Columbia University and said that gays don't exist in Iran. He is living in his own lie.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I live in the US and I feel I'm more agreeable Iran at this point... If you want to take a look at track records per attacks on other countries, America isn't doing so hot right now..... Here are the 2 options Iran has at this point 1) Stop their nuclear program completely so there could be peace for a little while until we look for another excuse to attack them while they're defenseless or 2) Let them continue their program so when people do decide to attack them for their own agenda then they could be ready for a defensive strike...... Either way it does not look good but that's the way the world works, so we'll have to deal with it for now.... Only was I can see myself putting trust into my country again is if they can break away from Israel somehow, which is something I know will never happen, so all trust is lost in my government....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated6
I live in the US and I feel I'm more agreeable Iran at this point... If you want to take a look at track records per attacks on other countries, America isn't doing so hot right now..... Here are the 2 options Iran has at this point 1) Stop their nuclear program completely so there could be peace for a little while until we look for another excuse to attack them while they're defenseless or 2) Let them continue their program so when people do decide to attack them for their own agenda then they could be ready for a defensive strike...... Either way it does not look good but that's the way the world works, so we'll have to deal with it for now.... Only was I can see myself putting trust into my country again is if they can break away from Israel somehow, which is something I know will never happen, so all trust is lost in my government....

How about a third option. How about suspending, but not permanently and letting the IAEA truly verify. I don't hear them saying anything about stopping permanently, just to have the proper monitors set up. I guess them secretly working on nuclear studies for 20 years is cool with you, but I'm not so good with it. I would like some verification that no rogue nukes are going to come from them personally, especially with their rhetoric. Not that the US rhetoric is more correct, I am just extremely uncomfortable with the Iranian president "Bob's" comments about Israel. Why does Iran even care about Israel in the first place as it wasn't persian land taken. Its all a dog and pony show IMHO.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
So you think if Iran was open about their nuclear program and went through with all the proper channels it would be ok for them to develop them?? I highly doubt it...... Iran hasn't attacked any other country in how many years? What makes you so scared of rogue nukes? If there's anyone you should be worried about having nukes, it's Israel, I guarantee they have their finger on the red button and are waiting for the day to use it... Israel has hatred towards most middle eastern countries and are not afraid of them, except Iran which they know they could not win a war against without the help of big brother USA....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Iran doesnt HAVE to attack anyone directly because they use their proxy's Hezbolla, Hamas, Islamic Jihad etc to carry out their dirty work for them. If Iran does in fact develop the big one, they may not even be the ones to use it directly. Im sure Nasrallah would love to use one for them. That is the connection that a lot of folks do not see, or do not want to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join