It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
...we don't need "Federal Laws" to deal with the illegals.

Actually, we do...It's one of the Constitutionally-delegated responsibilities of the National Government (I don't like referring to them as the "Federal" Government anymore, because it's not what they're supposed to be: A "Federal" government is strongly linked to Corporate Power, where a National Government is not).

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4:
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

But it is the responsibility of the Executive Branch to enforce the Laws, even if it means within the government itself, because no one is allowed to place themselves above the Law.

Article 2, Section 3:
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

However, since the President has not been "faithfully executing the laws," then it will be up to Congress to Impeach him & the Judiciary to indict him.

Article 2, Section 4:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

It would just depend upon which crimes that Congress can Impeach for...And this Section pretty much covers any type of crime whatsoever, including the failure to perform as bound by Oath of Office.

Article 2, Section 1, Clauses 8 & 9:
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Notice that the Oath takes effect just before the President sits in the Oval Office for the first time & continues until he should step down for any reason.

However, since the government itself refuses to "clean house" on its own initiative, the States should. Enforcing Immigration Laws is not expressly forbidden to the States, so they do have that same Power as the National Government. After all, the Powers enumerated (listed) in the Constitution for the National Government are the only Powers they can be allowed to exercise & only for "acting in pursuance of" the Constitution itself...The States are given a more "generically broad" spectrum of Powers that the National Government is not allowed at all.

Article 1, Section 10, Clauses 1, 2 & 3:
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Amendment 10:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

If that fails, it's up to the People to "clean house," either through the use of the 1st Amendment Right to Petition for Redress of Grievances or, should that fail (& it has been failing for the past couple of decades or longer), the 2nd Amendment Right of the People to own & bear Arms.

Since it would be impossible for the People to restore Constitutional order to our nation without understanding what it actually says & means, I suggest we all read it before posting opinions about what we think it means. I always keep a copy of it on hand every time I log into ATS...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

To LLoyd45/Soldier of Misfortune I say "here,here" (I think that's what the Brits say when they agree to comments in Parliament) to your keen observations about the critical illegal immigrant situation in the U.S.
The media has kept saying that there are 12 million illegals here; try 30 to 40 million and that would be closer. Not all of them are going back home. On the contrary, many stay doing basic jobs (and I salute them for that) but they also get into trouble with criminal activity to survive (car-jacking, convenience store hold-ups, etc.)
Now we have a political candidate who wants us to learn Spanish (the language of the lower class coming here) when we should be learniing Mandarin or other Chinese dialects - as they are our competition in this global economy which only promises to get bigger. Go figure. The bottom line is that America is in a well planned case of "deep do-do"!
(I like your avatar too - defiant and colorful)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky Don't Worry There Frenchie , They're headed your way next . Then we'll see if you change your tune around . And I Can Survive In The Forest's Quite Well By The Way !

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

llegal immigrants are like a plague of locusts.. They contribute nothing, yet take everything. They strip an area bare of all it's resources, then move on to greener fields.

One thing apparently that they do contribute however, is that they represent a group of "non-whites" who people can start to hate via pushers of right wing propaganda. This way, it distracts everyone from the real menace that is at the heart of our failing economy and that is incompetent leadership at the very top of the Federal Govn't., and a stupid war based on lies that has cost us trillions of dollars...oh and the tax cuts for the wealthy that the rest of us are all paying for! But, back to the hating of minorities, this way the working class (everyone who is not in the upper 5%) has some direction other than at the very ones who are doing the oppressing, to aim their angst at...God, some of you people will fall for anything.

And the guy who started this thread, wow...I'm not trying to be an a-hole, but what a hideous avatar...have you stopped to think what the stars and bars represented back in the day? Yeah, the Civil War was fought by the poor and it was over the Northern elites who were in disagreement with the Southern elites. Unless you are an elite, what the hell are you doing supporting that bogus crap? Huh? Or do you just want to stir up trouble over race issues? Of course that helps the elites as well...if you look at history there have continuously been efforts to keep the various minority groups isolated and in disagreement with one another, and this also, for your information, includes working whites as well, lest they get together, organize, and stand up against the elites in mass numbers.

In all seriousness, enrole in a history course at your local University or pick up "A People's History of the United States 1492 - PRESENT" by Howard Zinn, and become a part of the informed sector of society.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by skyshow]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
the whiteman is the first immigrant, just more violent than mexican ones

this thread is full of racists

this thread really shows that racism is ignorance, because there's a hell of alot of ignorant people in this thread who think they are natives

Go see a psychiatrist, you are having an identity crisis, you seem to be under the impression that you are not an immigrant

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by illegal mexican

Dear Illegal Mexican girl: I don't know where you live but illegal mexicans go the emergency room for even the flu and minor things, because Hospitals are forced by law to treat every person who comes thru the door, they cannot require them to pay, and the illegal mexicans never DO pay. Over 100 hospitals in California alone have had to close entirely because of this problem, they can no longer afford to stay open because of the financial drain of illegal mexicans, Florida faces the closure of 51 hospitals. Here is a good article with a 2-minute video that lays it out. I am fine with mexicans who come here legally thru immigration, but everyone else is a criminal imo.

www.diggersrealm.com...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

this thread really shows that racism is ignorance, because there's a hell of alot of ignorant people in this thread who think they are natives

Go see a psychiatrist, you are having an identity crisis, you seem to be under the impression that you are not an immigrant

Hey can't you get your brain around the fact that Americans have no problem with people who immigrate to the US LEGALLY? It is the 3 million per year who cross over illegally that we have a problem with. We don't need Mexico's criminals. Every one of them who comes illegally is a criminal.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

How ignorant can you be dude? Do you know how many of those immigrants work with unregistered social security cards and when it comes to tax time they can't file for any of the money they get taken out of their pay checks? Well, guess who keeps all of that money? Hmmm, it's definitely not you nor me. The government has the ability and the power to conduct mass deportations throughout the country but they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. The government is going to turn a blind eye as long as they continue to receive all of that unclaimed money.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by LLoyd45

How ignorant can you be dude? Do you know how many of those immigrants work with unregistered social security cards and when it comes to tax time they can't file for any of the money they get taken out of their pay checks? Well, guess who keeps all of that money? Hmmm, it's definitely not you nor me. The government has the ability and the power to conduct mass deportations throughout the country but they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. The government is going to turn a blind eye as long as they continue to receive all of that unclaimed money.

Well sorry to rain on your parade, but the illegals figured out long ago to claim the max. number of deductions on employer pay. You can claim as many as you want, anyone can, but of course if you are a legal taxpayer you pay later. The mexicans claim 5 or 6 dependants and what is held from their pay doesn't amount to diddly squat.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

i dont know if they ever taught you about generalizations and stereotypes when you were in school but i learned when i was in 2nd grade. i never in my life have taken advantage of laws that provide services like these to the public. statistically, you are correct. many illegal immigrants do come to the us to take advantage of such services, and those are the criminals. however, the key word there is many.

reply to post by Bombeni

people do try to claim the max but alot of times they get busted if they are here long enough. again, i have never participated in this fraud and i find it repulsive. also ANYONE can become a legal tax payer. to report taxes though, you need to have a ssn OR an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). but this isnt something that happens left and right. also please do not use "the mexicans" to generalize. not all mexicans are illegal and most dont even commit this kind of fraud.

i had a look at that website. i made me realize how much i dont like people that come to this country illegally by there own will . i have noticed that even in my own town, near chicago, there are alot of illegal immigrants that do ruin it for the rest of us. they have DUIs, join gangs and some do resort to violence to get the things they need(i have been here for 17 years).

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American… There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” - Theodore Roosevelt (from the very homepage that you have recommended from the video)

i personally love teddy roosevelt. i did my last major project in 4th grade about him. i love it in this country. its the only thing i have known.

also i am not even a mexican girl. prove how much you (notice i didnt say all of you) assume things.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by illegal mexican]

[edit on 15-7-2008 by illegal mexican]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
"Many are saying that the taxpayers should not have to support the children of illegal immigrants, but I believe they are just “American” kids. As many shared their opinion about this matter, I would like to share mine about the current status of the students, not their parents’.

Unlike their parents, they grew up in US just like the “lawful” children going through k-12. These children are not aware and should not resposible for the parents’ decision that is causing this disaster. They are Americans (even if some would not admit it) because they lived in US and will be living in US to support the community.

The youths who would graduate from the US colleges will not do harm to America. If America desires to educate only the students of legal status who also has parents of the same, then k-12 public education should be banned altogether so they would not have false hopes. If this can’t be done, then college education should be openned to them.

Althought the illegal immigration today is a huge problem in US, there were several waves of immigration in US history. Please remember that the young generation should not suffer for this problem as they will become
the next America. These students will not go away or leave because US is their home. Choosing to exclude them from college education will affect the future of America.

Some might say this is going too far (as it is just about should NC tax payers provide illegal immigrants for college education or not), but this is the same problem we’re having all over the US.

So these people should not be labelled as “illegal immigrants” but American students who will become American citizens to support America. Their parents might not have abided the law, they might have not paid taxes. But the 2nd generation will. Is it right to bar them from education just because the students are the children of illegal immigrants?

Although the parents are responsible for the problems, the children should not be rejected because of their parents’ illegal status. If they did not have any choice when their parents made a decision to come to US, then why should they have to pay?

The important thing to notice is that the youths who are sons and daughters of illegal immigrants are labelled the same with their parents. The term illegal mean “in violation of law.” So the parents did, but did the kids violate the law? by being born here? Is illegality supposed to be passed down to their children?

As I was reading this post, I had so many questions rising up and down within me. I understand that many are angered and uncomfortable because of the illegal immigrants. But the children? What will become of them? So if it isn’t our problem we ignore it?

I hope that we see the complexity of this problem and come up with a rational answer within ourselves.

HK" sorry if this breaks anything copyright but i want to show what i feel. here is the like to the original artical. there are several good arguments on both sides and this was one of the comment. chronicle.com... c-community-colleges-will-not-admit-illegal-immigrants-after-all

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Since this is the Official raciest thread, I'll take a turn...

I noticed a bumper sticker that said...

"If I'd known it would be like this, I'd picked my dam own cotton."

I hate everyone equally.... Color doesn't matter to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Every single one of your ancestors that came to America . Under today's standards would be "illegal aliens"

Your all a bunch of racist bigots. The Mexicans are not killing an entire race of people off for there land .

My ancestors would not be illegal aliens, as they came here legally in the very late 1800's. They also assimilated into this culture, and even learned the english langauge. Back then you had to take your oath of citizenship in english, no translaters for them. They also didn't kill anyone for their land, they worked hard and paid for it.

I don't have a problem with immigrants mexican or any other race, what i have a problem with is ILLEGAL immigrants.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05

Yeah sounds kinda like what the "whites" did to us when they came to this country .Hell atleast there native to this continent . You guys just "conquered" it.............. Ironic much?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

Actually the whites that were born on this continent were just as native to it as the mexicans. Don't forget that the mexicans were not the natives either, they are a mixture of the native indians and the spanish people that conquered the land along with the slaves that they brought with them. So if you want to be technical mexico didn't originally belong to the mexicans either.

Niether my ancestors or myself conquered anything, my ancestors just "legally" immigrated here and i was born here, 3rd generation

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Not true, actually the indians immigrated here long before the white man did.

If you are born in this country then you are a native, if you move here from another country then you are an immigrant. I was born here, so i'm a native, my great grandparents moved here from another country, so they were immigrants, see the difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by metro
The real question you all should be asking yourself is who is going to wash your dishes, build your houses and cook your food?

Well lets see
, washing my dishes and cooking my food
hhmm i wonder, oh i know that would be the same person that does it now, ME.

As far as building my house a union worker, regardless of their race they will be LEGAL workers, not illegal.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Oh, more anti-white racist generalisations!

You call yourself "ModernAcademia", yet resort to the - oft-repeated - generalisation that the "History of Europeans in America" consisted of little more than whites whipping their black slaves to do the work they were too lazy to do, and hunting "injuns" in their spare time.

And which "violent whitemen" are we talking about:
The half of early white immigrants that were indentured servants?

Ad Hominem.

1. "Native" is a relative term:
The Native Americans - if you go back far enough - settled America through a land-bridge in Siberia. Hardly a case of "springing out of the soil".
2. You have not even attempted to refute the arguments proving that white settlers in what is now the United States weren't "illegal", or even, "immigrants".

Really now.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Man this thread's been heated. Thanks very much for the comment on my "hideous" avatar. You are entitled to your opinion, although I don't see how insulting an avatar is related to the topic.

I think the truth, when it comes to "illegal freeloaders", is that there are simply MANY, MANY who take advantage of the "anchor baby" loop-hole, and are more than happy to collect a free check every month. And imagine this, the check of free money gets LARGER with every offspring you produce!! Imagine that, in essence, our government is paying/rewarding people to jump the border and reproduce as much as they possibly can!!

This is a pretty amazing concept. I believe that there might be an ulterior motive for the government to appeal to third world countries, to just come over and start reproducing for a paycheck. I don't believe that many of the ones I speak of really come over here to 'give the kid a chance for a better life'. Otherwise, the kid would already exist when forced over the border, be shoved into school to take advantage of that, while both parents worked to set a good example of how to provide for ones' self and NOT freeload.
Instead, you have them coming here TO reproduce for the paycheck.

I really believe that the problem, is most legal Americans who come from generations of legal citizen Americans, are educated enough to understand that it costs money to raise kids. We have American citizens now refusing to have any children, and getting 'fixxed', so as not to contribute to overpopulation, or go broke having to feed the things.

Americans being too intelligent to reproduce leads to a problem for the government. They seem to want a LARGER population than Americans will provide. Which is why illegals can come over here to simply be 'professional' breeders.

I have NO problem with the legal immigrants who are granted green cards to come out here and pick fruit every year. Or whatever jobs legal immigrants are granted the green card to do. Hell, if it wouldn't hurt American laborers, I wouldn't even be the least bit bothered by illegals doing construction and all that. But it seems like there ARE Americans who work the jobs that the government tells us we NEED illegals here to do.

Long rant... Guess my point, is that I don't like the breeder-illegals who come over here for the tax dollars. The ones who want to work, I don't blame them for that. I just wish the government would stop businesses from hiring an illegal over an American citizen.
THEN we could truly figure out if there are simply not enough able Americans to do all the work that needs done, and what work Americans simply won't do... And in which case, they should be able to keep doing that whole green card program.

The system is broken, and people are getting hurt from all sides. Can you really blame an American who can't find a job, for being resentful?? People come from other countries and get what they want, while we've been here all our lives, and this is all we know.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Attention Illegal Mexican "Person" --

If I were king, every illegal mexican AND their illegal offspring, regardless of age---whether they are still minors or have reached 21---should be deported immediately. Thank God Oklahoma has enacted legislation to run these criminals out of the state. Sorry but I have no financial responsiblity or otherwise to the offspring of people who illegally cross over our borders. If you want my respect, get your illegal self the double-hockey-sticks outta here, apply to Immigration to come to the USA thru legal measures. YOU are a criminal.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I have no problem with our government giving them a "free" education, as long as they give my children one and give me one while they are at it! Why should I put out 50-100k for school and let the children of illegals have it for free? Are you crazy? By the way, a goodly portion of my family was here earlier than most as I can almost find records of my Apache heritage.

reluctantpawn

[edit on 15-7-2008 by reluctantpawn]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join