It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whipnet

Just curious about your drive by illegals everyday. Did you actually check their papers or did you just assume because they all looked Mexican?
Your mother gives good advice. Mine taught me the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well as hilarious as I find this I honestly can't say I am surprised to see Mexicans doing a u-turn.. says a lot about what's going on in the US now don't it ? ie:

I used to want to live there too

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There may be a good many US citizens following their lead......I have read in the recent past about retirees that have moved to 'retirement communities' in Mexico because their pension checks go much farther there.....

With the price of gas where it is, many US citizens, even those well off enough to have hired help.....(gardeners, landscapers and such that tend to be illegals that can be underpaid and hired without benefits or the tax paperwork involved for US workers)......have felt the pinch...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Good...I am visiting in the Mexican city of El Paso..this was a city of Texas, no more...press 1 for English...come visit El Paso and this will show you what immigration does to an American city. Everything is free to anyone who swims across the boarder, free medical...free foodstamps..free housing..free SSI Social Security...free college..free its all free, all you need is to be an illegal immigrant.
Press one for English...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I live in Oklahoma and we had a law go into effect last November. There is no high unemplyment here now, in fact one of my favorite fast food restaurants closed down due to lack of help. Also I live in condos and we have had a hard time finding a lawn maintenance company now with enough workers to do the job in one day. Now it is hit and miss, they will do one section one day, the other the next. But I can live with the grass being a little taller. www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Good, I hope they all leave in an accelerated pace. They freeload off American taxpayers and then throw it in your face. They won't learn English or obey the laws. They think they are entitled to everything because they wash toliets and mow lawns. We can do without the 3rd world freeloaders and use our taxes for roads and uncrowded schools for once.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
Oh yes, for the guy in Gresham, he's lying through his teeth. The crime rate among illegals (other than the fact they are here) is MUCH LOWER than it is among legals.

Care to back that up with any research?

I know for one fact that at least one in five California prisoners is an illegal alien. If there are only 12-20 million illegal immigrants in the country, that means they comprise about five per cent of our population. Obviously, California has more illegals than most states, but I still think these statistics are shocking.

Also, these open-borders types who want to claim that illegal immigrants have a lower crime rate than Americans are ignoring one convenient little fact - in most cases, police aren't even allowed to check on a crook's legal status. There are MANY illegals being picked up for various serious crimes every day who are getting booked in the same manner as anyone else would be.

You've got to remember, these people use stolen identification documents (which in itself is a major crime) in order to live here. Heck, the idiots running the government here in Oregon think it's a good idea to let the illegals have drivers licenses and even VOTE!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've had 3 cars stolen in the past 10 years. Last time I caught him in the act, it was a mexican. THe cops told me mexicans are leading the car theft ring here in Tulsa, or were, a lot of them left Okla. last November when the new law went into effect. I don't know why other states are not enacting it. Also, a mexican turned in front of me last August and totaled my car, got out of his, stood around a couple minutes then took off running. The car belonged to a Jose Menendez or something, but it was uninsured, the cops wouldn't even pursue looking for the owner. The cops told me it happens everyday in Tulsa, that an illegal mexican gets in a wreck and runs from the scene. Cop told me they come over here, pool their money enough to buy one car and insurance, then 10 of them drive it, and they don't know how to drive! Insurance runs out after 30 days. Oklahoma is leading the way, you should contact your local politicians and insist they enact the same laws Oklahoma has.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Let it rest Quimosabe.. That was so long ago.. You weren't around when the "whites' took over this country. You are here now, so why not let us have our say in the illegal immigration issues that are here today.. I have a little video that pretty much sums up your argument.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Oklahoma targets illegal immigrants with tough new law

Weeks of protests, rallies, lawsuits and candlelight vigils failed to stop a new state immigration bill -- HB 1804 -- from becoming the law in Oklahoma.

Vigils like this one in Tulsa, Oklahoma, last week were unable to stop a tough new immigration law.

1 of 2 The law went into effect Thursday and is intended to make life difficult for illegal immigrants in Oklahoma.

Its authors say they're sending a very clear message: If you're an illegal immigrant, you are not welcome.

"I'm convinced illegal aliens will not come to Oklahoma, or any other state, if there are no jobs waiting for them." said state Rep. Randy Terrill, a Republican and the law's author.

"They will not stay here if there are not taxpayer subsidies and they certainly won't stay here if they ever encounter one of our fine state and local law enforcement officials," he added. "They'll be physically detained -- until they're deported."

The new law restricts the ability of illegal immigrants to obtain government IDs or public assistance. It also gives police authority to check the immigration status of anyone arrested, which can lead to deportations.

It doesn't stop at illegal immigrants. The law also makes it a felony for U.S. citizens to knowingly provide shelter, transportation or employment to illegal immigrants.

The message has been received loud and clear. Many in Oklahoma's Latino community say people are staying home, fearful police will arrest and deport them.

"They're afraid they're going to get deported. They're just afraid," said Alex Yoguez, a juice store owner who relies on Latino customers for her business to survive.

Yoguez said her business is normally filled with customers. "We are down 50 percent just today," she said Thursday, the day the law went on the books.

Latino supporters are up in arms about the way the state now views illegal immigrants who have been here for many years.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Every single one of your ancestors that came to America . Under today's standards would be "illegal aliens"

Your all a bunch of racist bigots. The Mexicans are not killing an entire race of people off for there land .

I'm Indian . It's too bad we didn't have the power/"laws" to treat your people this way .
What an ironic world we live in .

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

Wrong!!! Oldest human remains on North America are from the Iberian Penn - in others words Euro decent...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by plug_pray

...but why dont you link up some of the other types of crimes commited by other races such as serial killing?....how about that?

Because that's not what we're talking about here. What we can talk about related to the topic is the thirty percent of our prison population, which our tax dollars pay for, that is made up of illegal immigrants who should never have been here to commit their crimes in the first place. Of course that doesn't include any unsloved crimes commotted by illegal either.

Off topic, I happen to know a serial killer, if you're interested to know about that, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The law also makes it a felony for U.S. citizens to knowingly provide shelter, transportation or employment to illegal immigrants.

The only exception I might make here is in the case of providing shelter. If the person is not profiting by doing so, I don't think it should be as serious a crime. A misdemeanor even perhaps, but certainly not a felony.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by Bombeni

The law also makes it a felony for U.S. citizens to knowingly provide shelter, transportation or employment to illegal immigrants.

The only exception I might make here is in the case of providing shelter. If the person is not profiting by doing so, I don't think it should be as serious a crime. A misdemeanor even perhaps, but certainly not a felony.

Hi ---- what that law is referring to is renting to illegals. A lot of properties became vacant due to this new law, which is good because they will rent a house then have 25 people live in it. They monopolize 2 or 3 blocks with the cars to one home.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Renting to illegals should be a felony. I would also go along with forfeiture of property, as if they were a drug dealer.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i understand were alot of people are comming from when they speak on their ideas on immigration. i grew up here and heard many arguments all the time.
but it is not black and white.
I absolutly hate when someone says "just send them all back to mexico". what about the illeagal living here that got here with there parents. what choice did they have? if you didnt know me you wouldnt know i was illegal. but i never tell people so they dont critize me. i try to hide that fact. i have been here for 17 years. im 18 now thouh. i speak english spanish and a little french. but you want me to go back to a place i have never known?
people shouldnt generalize. i grew up here. "they break laws". yea sure the peson working in mcdonalds, your landscaper, the guy selling popsicles are all in par with your local drug dealer, a sex offender and even serial killers (sarcasm). i cant even go to college. what about the argument "they freeload." that is another generalization. i sprained my foot when i was in school. for fear off going to the hospital and people finding out i am "illegal", i just went home. to this day i still have pain in my foot. but hey, according to some all "they" do is take advantageous off oppertunity.
what i do want to get to is the actual topic. many "illegals" have it hard here in the us. sure i guess you can blame them for coming here. but i had no choice. this country is all i have known. i currently live in a 1 bed room apt. with my brother sister step dad and my mom. my step dad and my mom are leaviing to mexico in a few years. my little sister and little brother were both born here so they are set. but me as of right now, i am working as a dish washer for a local family owned buisness. it is harder than most of you could imagine.

to OP-i had my own thread but it was moved to the trash bin. sorry to get off topic

[edit on 11-7-2008 by illegal mexican]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by illegal mexican
i have been here for 17 years. im 18 now thouh. i speak english spanish and a little french. but you want me to go back to a place i have never known?

Thank your illegal parents or whoever it was who took you here for the situation you are stuck in.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

So they flooded in to get Jobs..

And when the economy goes upside down..

They run away.

May I ask.. who the hell wants these peoples as American Citizens? .. They flee their own problems at home to leach of us, and they flee here when the going gets tough.

No doubt they can ride out the economy in Mexico's economy with their US Dollars. (funnily dropping in value everyday) .. European countries better watch out when Mexicans show up at their ports looking for jobs and a better currency!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wrong, wrong, wrong -- we don't need "Federal Laws" to deal with the illegals. We simply need the states to assert their rights under the bill of rights. Just as Oklahoma has done, cities and states just need to stand up for themselves and not look to "Big Brother" who has no such authority to intrude in the states affairs. The Fed can advise and help coordinate what the states choose to do if the states want them to. That's as much as the Fed should be good for.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Actually, this is one area that the federal government should be responsible for. Protecting our International borders is a national security issue. We can't rely on all 50 states to act upon measures to keep illegal immigrants out of the country. Until very recently, only a few states really had to deal with large illegal immigrant communities - those which share a border with Mexico and of course states like New York which include large metropolitan areas. The problem is, once an illegal gets in the country (and it is impossible to keep them all from slipping in), it doesn't matter if all the border states have strong anti-illegal immigration laws in place. All it takes is enough sanctuary states and cities providing a place for these people to live and work and they'll keep pouring in, straining federal resources, abusing American citizens and providing a national security threat all the same.

So, as much as those dolts in the Senate want to avoid their responsibility by hiding behind the claims that this is a states rights issue, the federal government needs to clamp down now.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join