It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by illegal mexican
reply to post by Bombeni

my brother and sister were born here. as of right now it they are citizens whether you like it or not. the older one was born three years after my mom came here. my mom didnt "wait on the border". i think that parents that do that are wrong. saying there are politicains working to get something fixed isnt a valid argument. politicains work all the time to get laws passed so it isnt really a newsflash.

fine though. ill play your game. in the constitution it says

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to ANY PERSON within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

do you know what ANY PERSON means? it doesnt mean just blacks and whites. it means ANY PERSON

Please don't quote from the American Constitution, that is going too far, you have no right to even be here much less throw MY constitution in my face. www.diggersrealm.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

with the current law, any one that has entered the US illegally cannot change there own immigration status by there own doing. that is why i am stuck. it has to be the applicants immediate family (spouse, children, parents if one is above 21).

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I wish some here who zare playing the game of ' Lets just ignore the Mexican Problem" to go online to some of the border newspapers and read whats realy going on. El Paso and other border towns have to have armed police guards in they're hospitals because Mexican police officers who have been shot by the drug cartels can't get help in Mexico because the drug cartels are shooting Dr's who give aid to Mexican police. They are threatening the editors and reporterson this side of the border for printing stories about whats happening. If people don't do some research of they're own on the real problem of our southern border, we are going to have the same problems they have in our cities north of the border. They have taken over the local governments and take no prisoners in they're quest to controll the drug trade north of the border. Wake up folks, the MSM ain't telling you the whole story. Its MUCH worse than you think!!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What bothers me about illegal immigration, and this is what I think the cruxt of the problem is is this.

E pluribus unum- out of many, one. not e pluribus , pluribus. Which is my problem with non assimilating entities. they believe in the latter. Come here but refuse to learn the common language, everybody should accommodate them but they don't reciprocate by even trying to follow our laws or even be respectful. hey america is one big free ride, lets abuse and disrespect the country that is saving our rears. Sorry but not all culture belongs in a different country. I can't go live in china and expect to act like an american. I'll get thrown in jail. I would have to assimilate and act like a chinese person. follow their customs and laws.

Also, mexicans have to quit with all this la raza stuff. you are mexicans not a friggen race!!!! yeah and americans are a race, and so are ummm....people from thailand? not exactly. Stop tying to pretend that you are so special that you don't have to be american to live here. this is america, you have to assimilate. you are not entitled to everything america has to ofer just because you are a human being. get real. you have to be a citizen some one who is into e pluribus unum. not e pluribus pluribus.

my grandparents assimilated a few generations ago when they came here. and because they assimilated they live in nice neighborhoods with class and decency not in little barrios.

folks if it wasn't working in your country and you fled here because of it than why would you perpetuate the same cultural problems here? it's just stupid. and they wonder why people look down on them?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

i took the constitution when i was in 8th grade and my past senior year. so i know what is in it. the constitution is for the people of the united states. its in the preamble

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by illegal mexican

with the current law, any one that has entered the US illegally cannot change there own immigration status by there own doing. that is why i am stuck. it has to be the applicants immediate family (spouse, children, parents if one is above 21).

I am guessing that you are eighteen. So your mother brought you over the border illegally when you were a baby? She is the one who made you "stuck." Not that I don't have empathy for you personally, but the hard truth is that your predicament is your mother's fault.

Do you not have any legal relatives that could do this for you? Or could have adopted you perhaps, when you were a child?

Couldn't you go back to your home country for a while, to apply for legal recognition here in the States?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Funny this thread should re-surface at now of all times. I thought long and hard about posting this, but I want to show some of you what anger and frustration I am feeling right now about this very topic.

Friday evening one of my dearest and oldest childhood friends lost his life.

Obituary and memorial

He was only 35 years old and one of the kindest, most geuninely friendly people that I have ever known. He was loved by everyone who met him. Always a jokester, always smiling, always had time to stop and say hello and make you feel welcome. He wasn't a big wigs son or one of the priveledged class, he was just a carpenter and a decent man.

He was murdered by an illegal outside of a pizza restaurant, stabbed in the chest and left there to bleed to death. All in a small town in VA, population maybe 8,000, so quiet there had not been a single murder in almost a decade. My friend lived there his entire life, born and raised there, and had probably been to that establishment over 1,000 times.

Why did the illegal stab him? Because the illegal had blocked an entire exit point with his car, and since he did not speak any English he misunderstood when my friend asked him to move his car and he became hostile. Before anyone could intervene who spoke spanish, the guy had pulled out a knife and buried it into my friends heart.

The police still are having trouble even identifying the assailant, and are even speculating now that he may be a part of MS-13.

This s*** has got to stop. We have all backed away into a corner and allowed this to go on for so long that soon decent, law abiding, native residents will not have anywhere to back away to.

My heart is filled today with anger and sadness and a sense of betrayal by a system that would allow such an animal to sneak into this country to exploit and kill at will. If this can happen in my tiny home town it can happen anywhere, and the next time it could be your loved one.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

i realize that it was my moms decision that put me in this predicament. i do have cousins and uncles that came here pre-1980 and became citizens. but with 9-11, immigration has been greatly restricted. IF the immigration office accepts your application you have to pay and then you get in line to wait for citizen ship. i think you have mentioned this before. all my memories are here and i cant imagine living in a country that i dont know.

also I AM NOT FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. it does need to stop because it is getting ridiculous.

if its any help, blackops, im sorry for your friend and offer my condolences.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Blackops I offer my condolences. Illegal mexicans have no citizenship, so they are loose cannons. They feel they can do anything as long as they don't get caught in the act, because they don't really "exist" in the USA, they are entities more or less, with no fingerprint data or anything already in place to track them down. Oklahoma put in a law last November that made it a felony to be here illegally, to hire an illegal, to rent to an illegal, the list goes on. Thousands and thousands of them left within a few days. Other states have got to get serious with their laws and then enforce them.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Illegal Mexican, you and your siblings might need to rethink your future----

A BILL
To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to deny citizenship at birth to children born in the United States of parents who are not citizens or permanent resident aliens.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SEC. 2. PURPOSE.

It is the purpose of this Act to deny automatic citizenship at birth to children born in the United States to parents who are not citizens or permanent resident aliens.

SEC. 3. CITIZENSHIP AT BIRTH FOR CHILDREN

www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

IF the immigration office accepts your application you have to pay and then you get in line to wait for citizen ship.

Just like everyone else. Why should you get bumped to the front of the line? I have family from both Italy and Ireland who had to wait many years, and went through much hardship to be granted legal status and eventually citizenship. I'm not talking ancient history here either. This is actually still ongoing. So why should you get to go ahead of my family, who have done what they need to do?

Please don't misunderstand me. I really do empathize with your position. But you are not special.

You are a victim of crime, and that crime is illegal immigration. You are an ironic example of how terrible the crime really is.

[edit on 7/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My condolences on your loss. This unfortunatly, is not an isolated incedent.
It takes an average of 5-8 years to obtain a visa to come here in some countries. Then you have to wait alot longer to qualify to be a citizen here. No illegal should be allowed to jump the line for qualified LEGAL folks with skills we need here. This just to justify some guys lawn gets mowed for a cheap price or run a restaurant.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Blackops, my deepest sympathy to you and to all of the people who lost such a wonderful soul.

I don't understand why illegals cry poverty. They come here, are overweight, drive gas guzzling vehicals, have nice clothes own their own homes, have cable television, expensive cell phones, computers etc. How do you come here as a poor person and live better than than most of us legal citizens???

I have always loved people no matter what their race, no matter where they are from, but we are talking ILLEGALS here. Soooo much has changed here in America, it doesn't even feel like America anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

what im trying to say is that i have been here all my life. i graduated with the class of '08. this year i would be in college. do any of you know any seniors from high school? well i grew up with them ever since. alot of them were my friends. i would be going to college this fall semester. my whole life is here. its what i have known. now until a few years ago, ignorance was bliss. now that i see, people are angered (some i would agree with) with everyone of their kind. its like its my fault im here. i beleive that i could barely talk at the time. so i couldnt even decide if i went. i would have told my mom to keep me in mexico and feed me less. i would have started out life in a place i would know. somewhere where everyone doesnt blame you for what "the guy that was mexican but they cant identfy" stole or for the gang member that killed their friend. but no some guy thinks that i should go back and see if i could get back (no offence). im a regular person. i believe in alot of conpiracies. i like music. (any one got that new little wayne CD). i dislike fox. buy stuff with paypal on ebay. i like the ps3. i have gone to public schools. i was a quite kid that knew all the answers in the back. i never judge anyone. i could read fast at a young age. the only things in school that i didnt surpass the expectations was in english. i loved to do math more compared to most students. i even learned some french. i was the one that was stupid enough to actually try to learn. not alot of people know that i am an illegal alien. i dont have to hide it but i try not to tell people. a person that "trys to come" to the US to get a fresh start is right in doing so, if they do it legally. those that do it illegally are cheating the system. but i already have had my start. i have all the qualifications to go to college but i dont have a ssn.
what about people that just waste their opportunity? my cousin was born in here. his dad is a legal resident. i grew up with him. he could have gotten his licence but decided not to. he has been pulled over at least 7 times. he is not sure if he is going to graduate at all. he knows gang members. associates at times. he gets in fights. he has stolen things. so in all this im the one with the label "the criminal?".
i dont know if you people (well most of you) have read anything i have posted in the last three pages but you might want to at the very least skimmed them.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

That is a terrible thing. I extend my condolences as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I feel for you, I really do. But this isn't about you having all the qualities of a good citizen. This is about your mothers very bad decision. You aren't the only kid to grow up having to pay for the bad decisions your parents made.

In the end, every opportunity you have had has been at the expense of children who were already here, who never got the chance. Kids who got stuck in the crappiest most useless public schools because increased taxes forced their parents out of their homes, and into the worst neighborhoods.

Why should you get to college, when I had to drop out so I could earn enough money to eat?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
fine though. ill play your game. in the constitution it says

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to ANY PERSON within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

do you know what ANY PERSON means? it doesnt mean just blacks and whites. it means ANY PERSON

Please don't quote from the American Constitution, that is going too far, you have no right to even be here much less throw MY constitution in my face.
Actually, the Constitutional Clause quoted merely says that this is a Power prohibited by any State...Which is good common sense. What you should not get angry about is that this particular clause only says that the State cannot violate the Powers that are delegated to the National Government (ie: the Feds), just as the Feds aren't supposed to jump beyond the limitations of their own Constitutionally-delegated Powers (even though they do so far more frequently than can be tolerated).

The key phrase in the Clause quoted above is "within its jurisdiction." Since Illegal Aliens aren't subjecting themselves to be "under jurisdiction" of State or Constitutional Law...At the very least any & all illegal aliens are already committing Criminal Trespass. If they would only be willing to obtain some form of legal status, there would be no problem.

Oklahoma put in a law last November that made it a felony to be here illegally, to hire an illegal, to rent to an illegal, the list goes on.

And all of this you've mentioned is well within the US Constitutional Laws of Immigration...Oklahoma has not violated any Constitutional restrictions over State Powers in this matter. You've no reason to get angry about anyone "throwing it in your face" because, by doing so, they've merely confirmed your own position!

BTW, the so-called "anchor baby policy" has been mishandled as far as Law Enforcement goes...Parents must first obtain National Citizenship through Immigration Services before any new-born can be given automatic citizenship. Originally intended, the law that states this was meant to prevent foreign diplomats & dignitaries from giving birth to American Citizens. Such parents (including illegal aliens) still fall under the jurisdiction of their foreign nation & as such, any child of theirs born on US soil is still a Foreign National.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Well I'm just going to ask: I know the Constitution says if you are born in America you are a citizen. Are these children of illegal immigrants considered Americans? Do they have some type of legal status because they were born here? If they have an American birth certificate, does that automatically give them a SS number?

And if this bill passes which is supposed to not allow citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens, will those children be considered illegal aliens just as their parents are?

Lastly, why aren't they being deported in larger numbers?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Now that's the billion dollar question isn't it. I blame our own government more than I do the illegals who come here to be exploited.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

If they have an American birth certificate, does that automatically give them a SS number?

I'm not sure about anyplace else, but here in Chicago things have changed recently concerning SS numbers. When i was born you had to go down to the social security office and apply for a number, and you didn't need one unless you wanted to work, it was the same way when my sons were born. My grandchildren were born 7 years ago and now they automatically request a SS number for the child at the hospital when the child is born.

I don't think that the hospital guestions wether or not the mother is here legally or not, and i believe that's part of the problem. The hospitals should be required to verify whether or not the mother is a US citizen and if she is not the birth certificate should reflect that.

Here is a main reason why this crap of automatic citizenship angers me. One of my friends (who was born here & so were her parents & her grandparents came here legally) has an aunt that is from Mexico, A few years back her aunt would come here every time she was pregnant to "visit" family. She would wait until she was in her 3rd or 4th month and then she would come for one of her "visits". When she would come over here she would immediately apply for and receive welfare benefits, which included cash, food stamps & a medical card all at the expence of the American tax payers. Her children were born here (all FIVE of them) at the expence of the American tax payers and are now all considered American citizens.

Shortly after every birth she would pick up and go back home to Mexico where they live very well, they are by no means poor and struggling over there as her husband is the MAYOR of the town that they live in and they have a BIG house and a lot of land. Her sole purpose in coming here was so that her children would be American citizens and the American tax payers could foot the bill for her medical care during pregnancy and the birth of her children. Must be soooo nice for them to have a country to come to that will do that for them. You see it's not just a problem with the illegals that live here, there are also those that come just to have their babies and then go right back home, and there are quite a lot of them that do that.

They're not being deported in larger numbers because it serves our goverments purpose to help corporate america by supplying them with illegal workers. Our goverment stopped caring about it's people long ago, all they care about now is the elitest corporations.

It really amazed, me when they were having all those big rallys and marches to suppot the illegal immigrants and change our policies concerning them, to se that these people actually believe that they are entitled to any rights in this country. And that they were threatening the politicians with not voting, excuse me but when did illegals earn the right to vote ? Why do our politicians, that recieve their paychecks from our money, give two s***s what any ILLEGAL thinks ? If they want to come here they need to do it legally !

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join