It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeHawt
Mexico will soon have a higher standard of living than the US, US is a nation of mass consumption bottom feeders. US dollar will brake and you all will be in soup lines

WOW!
I find this to be an insult and an ignorant comment. I find this very offensive as I am a HARD WORKING AMERICAN.

The generalized attacks against people don't serve anything except to spread blind hatred.

I really hope you take some time to learn about which you are talking so you can realized what you've just stated is wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I take exception to you saying that my people have caused this. First, I may be a Mexican, but I am American first.

My sincere apologies then. Perhaps it is you who should be most offended by illegal immigrants and the damage they are doing.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Second, I served MY country in a moment of war and would do it again and again.

On a side note, I think any foreign nationals who serve honorably should be granted citizenship. Period.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
The real question you all should be asking yourself is who is going to wash your dishes, build your houses and cook your food?

This is the same empty headed thinking that our beloved president has expounded on more then one occasion

You're basically saying that illegal immigrants are "doing jobs Americans won't do".....

I have news for you. I work in the construction business and illegal immigrants are taking jobs away from hard working LEGAL RESIDENTS.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All I'll say is "Yippie Yippie Yaye!"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

"Our space"? Are you beyond just being an earthling? Are you a God?

who are you?

-the smartest Mexican ever

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I apologize for not reading every single post in this thread as my time is limited. I have read enough replies to see that they are no different from the ones of other forums on similar topics.

Illegals are breaking the law, stealing our social security numbers, our identities, our jobs. There is a double standard here where illegals are allowed to break the law and American citizens would go to jail for those crimes. Insane!!!

Illegals are NOT taking jobs that the American citizens don't want. They are making good wages in decent places while citizens are being turned away. This I know as a fact as I have seen it. This is wrong!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickrollz
Last I heard it was 12 Million. And since when do we take the Mainstream Media seriously? This whole anti immigration campaign was pushed on us by them.

Actually, I'd say that this is one of those rare instances that the public pushed an issue on the mainstream media and forced them to address it. Remember, it was regular Americans finally getting pissed off about our porous borders and letting the media and their representatives in government know that stopped the amnesty bill last year and put this issue on the front pages.

And even if it is only 12 million (that's always the low end estimate), that's a dozen times higher than the illegal population was in the 70s. I'd say that's a pretty big problem.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rickrollz

I think that is called not having the skills to do the same work. If you have superior skills, you will be hired.

No, if you will do the job for less you will be hired. It doesn't take much skill to wash dishes. Or are you going to argue that someone from India who barely speaks English is more qualified to answer customer service questions for English speaking Americans?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You lament not getting the McDonald job and have that oh well attitude toward the manufacturing jobs that are going overseas.

Not so. I am very concerned about the exportation of jobs. But that is not the topic here. What IS the topic, is the fact that now that those higher paying jobs have been sent overseas, I can't even get a lower paying job because we have been overrun by illegals. Not to mention the fact, that places like Mickey D's would be paying a higher rate if it weren't for the illegals who are content to work for minimum wage and stuff thirty workers into an apartment.

I don't know about you but I can't afford to feed my family off the pay that I would get from Mickey D.

This much is true. So why would you advocate the depression of the mean wage through illegal immigration?

You can do something, petition Congress to bring back those high paying jobs that dwarf Mickey D's pay by at least 2 to 1.

I have done my part politically, and it has gotten me nowhere. I have spoken with Senators and Representatives. I have wasted my time voting. None of that has put food on my table, or brought back a living wage.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
On a side note, I think any foreign nationals who serve honorably should be granted citizenship. Period.

At first, I wholeheartedly agreed with this idea, but when I thought it over more it occurred to me that such a policy isn't really a good idea. To start with, why should we even allow foreign nationals to serve in our armed forces? That's a national security risk. While I suppose we could need them as translators and spies in extreme cases, they would have to pass a rigorous background check.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for the link. I will indeed look it over, but in the end, it's nearly an impossible thing to prove. Years ago I worked for a guy who owned a chain of video stores. He literally out a sign by the side of a main road that said "now hiring white people." Despite all the complaints, and the fact that he did only hire white people, he was never held accountable.

The system defends business, not the worker.

More recently I managed a store where the unwritten policy was to not let employees take a lunch break. Despite numerous official complaints, the "policy" is still in place today.

I could go on and on with the examples. I have been both employer and employee, so I know the drill all too well.

And aside from all of that, I don't have the time to sue someone anyway. I need to eat, TODAY.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

I see your point, but that is really another whole can of worms. For now, it is official policy for the armed forces to allow foreign nationals into their ranks. And frankly, I can't think of a better way to earn citizenship.

EDIT to add: I have heard some effed up stories from friends of mine who served with Mexicans, who really got the shaft. A few of them paid the ultimate sacrifice. There was one guy who's mother was not allowed to get his death benefit, because neither the deceased nor the beneficiary was a US Citizen.

[edit on 7/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
WOW! And I thought this thread was about "aliens"

I live in Houston, a sanctuary city. I drive by hundreds of illegals everyday, so the topic gets my blood boiling.

My mother taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing... So there ya go.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I've been thinking of this all day, but couldn't use YouTube where I was. But this video really seems to hit home as a metaphor for the topic...

"Now you's can't leave..."

(caution - language, Hollywood violence)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To those that make excuse after excuse for illegal aliens being in this country.

Sorry, but there is NO right acknowledged in International Law, for people to ignore the immigration laws of another country and just move in because they want to. It is NOT the responsibility of the United States of America to guarantee them a high standard of living.

But, the problem is, all too many U.S. citizens that scream and cry about the illegals, hire them. In Southern California, the majority of gardeners, housecleaners, etc. are illegals. Restaurants and hotels hire them, so they can avoid paying a decent wage. People don't want to pay the prices that would be necessary if only legal workers were hired.

We Americans want it cheap, but we never seem to think about what it takes to keep those prices down.

If you really don't want them in this country, stop buying from the places that hire them. That especially includes Tyson Foods and all of its subsidiaries; local restaurants, motel and hotel chains that hire them, etc., etc.

I bet that will never happen. Too many hypocrites complain, but really want the benefits of all of that cheap labor.

Oh yes, for the guy in Gresham, he's lying through his teeth. The crime rate among illegals (other than the fact they are here) is MUCH LOWER than it is among legals.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Ok, i understand what you are trying to say, any type of crime should be punishable to full extent of the law, but why dont you link up some of the other types of crimes commited by other races such as serial killing?....how about that?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hasta Luego Amigos! arriba, arriba, arriba! Messa have to go back!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Amen. Everybody benefit by that cheap labor by paying a cheaper price for goods and services. Great job, hit it on the nail.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join