It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jolting tales surface of satanic rituals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
How do you come to that conclusion? My country was founded by men who owned slaves and had women inferior to them by law, and yet wrote all should be equal into the constitution. A bunch of hypocrites, is that why you think they based everything off religion? Ha, in that case it makes a world of sense. Doesn't alter that times have changed.

It appears that you are an USAmerican. Your nation wasn't founded by men as much as it was founded by extraordinary sacrifice.

The very men you disdain made it possible for the idea of the democratic state to become something to which people all over the world could aspire.

The authors of your Constitution were as varied an assortment of individuals as at any time assembled. The difference was their conviction that man should be free to have life and liberty and to enjoy the pursuit of happiness -- which are in themselves revolutionary and complex ideals.

link   

Actually most Christians in direct contact with Hinduism regard it as evil and misguided as most Protestants in the West regard satanism. In context, most Christians in the subcontinent regard the gods of Hinduism as demons.

I find that so amusing, considering how tolerant hinduism has been to most other religions, embracing jesus, budda and mohammed as just three amongst many other so called enlightened beings.

Yet it's the christians that consider their gods demons.

They hypocrisy would be funny if it wasn't so true.

Yet you quote it like you know what you're on about, India has christians living side by side with hindu's, sikhs, jain's, buddists, muslims and many others, in relative peace considering the size of the sub-continent.

I also find it really funny, that I, the atheist is the one who is correcting the religious here.

link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Interesting how the power of sexual energy and lack of restraint in its application are separate issues for you. How very convenient. That is exactly why adultery is a sin and B&D is aberrant. It leads to suffering via the unnatural use of God's gift.

There are people that have lived such lives and do not suffer (with S&M, B&D). You probably believe they went to hell. I believe they lived their lives the way they wish even with social intolerance, seeking their own happiness with out in any way hurting anyone else. I don’t see why both of us can not tolerate and accept those people, even if you disapprove of them. I merely find it very un-Christ like of you. Why don’t you focus your judgment on yourself?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

How do you come to that conclusion? My country was founded by men who owned slaves and had women inferior to them by law, and yet wrote all should be equal into the constitution. A bunch of hypocrites, is that why you think they based everything off religion? Ha, in that case it makes a world of sense. Doesn't alter that times have changed.

The difference was their conviction that man should be free to have life and liberty and to enjoy the pursuit of happiness -- which are in themselves revolutionary and complex ideals.

Precisley, and yet we had slavery and segregation. Not to mention women couldn't vote for quite some time. They wanted freedom for all, and yet treated humans like property.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Personally, I love studying the Dark Ages but I have no desire to live in them.

You are living in the Dark Ages of generations yet unborn.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

....and yet I’m amazed that with this knowledge you trust one word of it. To each its own. 

I guess there is a rebel spirit in me and the fact that the Catholic Church did everything they could, to prevent the people from having the Bible, makes me want to read it and find some value in it.
I like to go to the source and not just go by someone else's opinion of what the Bible teaches.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I prefer to love with my heart.

Thanks for correcting me there. I was talking to my son in the middle of that post, and I messed it up. It is with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Might and strength are the same thing. Duh to me on that one.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yeah, they really seem to be text book religious ninnies. I suppose there's really no point in arguing with them as they will always revert to their precious book as proof of them being right when they could never begin to prove that their book is right.

I guess you and I will just have to whip each other in the loonie bin while we await our eternal damnation.

Does it help that some of the most sadistic devices were created by the Inquisitors? Maybe we can learn something from them after all

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

....and yet I’m amazed that with this knowledge you trust one word of it. To each its own. 

I guess there is a rebel spirit in me and the fact that the Catholic Church did everything they could, to prevent the people from having the Bible, makes me want to read it and find some value in it.
I like to go to the source and not just go by someone else's opinion of what the Bible teaches.

I respect that, a very intelligent and logical assertion.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Pellevoisin

If your nation permits you to abuse your "man", your nation will not last long. It is the historic way of such things.

Says who?

Says me.

You can bank on it like the death of ancient Greece and the fall of Rome.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Yep, you keep quoting from spots where the translators intentionally name dropped even though the Hebrew does not indicate that this is "Satan" as we know him in the new testament - a better translation would have been malignant spirit or something similar.

In any case...Lucifer is not satan. Never has been, never will be. It was made up by those looking for a "creation story" to explain his existence.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Yeah, they really seem to be text book religious ninnies. I suppose there's really no point in arguing with them as they will always revert to their precious book as proof of them being right when they could never begin to prove that their book is right.

I guess you and I will just have to whip each other in the loonie bin while we await our eternal damnation.

Does it help that some of the most sadistic devices were created by the Inquisitors? Maybe we can learn something from them after all

Don't worry, I'm certain if God exist half of these ninnies will be burning with us. Perhaps then we can show them what real fun is?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

reply to post by Pellevoisin

If your nation permits you to abuse your "man", your nation will not last long. It is the historic way of such things.

Says who?

Says me.

You can bank on it like the death of ancient Greece and the fall of Rome.

Wow, I'm convinced...

You sure know how to back an argument with facts and logic.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Most Christians in the world do not base their faith on their scriptures. Basing one's faith on the Christian Scriptures is a development from the European Reformation. Most Christians base their faith on a received living tradition from Jesus the Nazarene that they believe is empowered by the Spirit of God Most High.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Could ya'll get back on topic???
The thread is about satanic abuse.
Governmental ties to it.

For the poster who said that hindus are always peaceful;
anti-Christian violence

There have also been at least five widely known cases involving the murder of Christian clergymen, though perhaps as many as 20 priests and pastors may have been killed. Two might be mentioned by way of illustration. The entire country was shocked in January 1999 when an Australian Baptist missionary, Graham Staines, was murdered along with his two sons by being burnt alive inside a locked car. Staines had lived in India for the greater part of his life, and was working among lepers in Orissa, one of India’s most deprived regions (see the Human Rights Report and State Department Report, as cited below). His assailant, a Hindu militant by the name of Dara Singh, went around boasting about his deed, and even gave television interviews, while the police claimed that he could not be found. On 7 June 2000, the Catholic priest, George Kuzhikandam, was murdered in his sleep in a church in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh. The church cook, Vijay Ekka, who slept near the murdered clergyman and first reported the murder, was taken away by the police for interrogation, and himself died in police custody. Though the police claimed he had committed suicide, the autopsy indicated that he had been strangled. It is widely believed that the cook was silenced.

Thanks.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

There's a lot this lot doesn't seem to understand. Their skewed views of right and wrong are only so misplaced because their religious practice is just that.

You might have a point.
There were the Flagellates, (or something like that, I saw it on History Channel) who would beat themselves with whips, thinking they were getting closer to Jesus.
There are people in the Philippines who nail themselves on crosses for Good Friday.
So, there are messed up Christians, too.
My big problem is that bad things can be swept under the rug because of political connections.
There should not be a two tiered justice system.
One for regular people and one for politicians.
That was what the American Revolution was about.
A government that is answerable to the people and can have charges brought on them for abuse of power.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't believe this. I don't believe someone in power could be stupid enough to get caught. This has got to be fake.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by YAHWEH333]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't expect you to understand the supernatural inexplicable truth of the living God who is the great I AM.

What? Again judgement has been cast, you don't expect me to understand what you believe because we have a difference in opinion. Actually it was studying what you believe that made me an atheist, but thanks for judging.

You misunderstand me. I am not judging you. I don't understand it, either. That's why I don't exect you to. It is supernatural and inexplicable, by definition beyond understanding. I accept it, because it has been revealed to me as truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

There's a lot this lot doesn't seem to understand. Their skewed views of right and wrong are only so misplaced because their religious practice is just that.

You might have a point.
There were the Flagellates, (or something like that, I saw it on History Channel) who would beat themselves with whips, thinking they were getting closer to Jesus.
There are people in the Philippines who nail themselves on crosses for Good Friday.
So, there are messed up Christians, too.
My big problem is that bad things can be swept under the rug because of political connections.
There should not be a two tiered justice system.
One for regular people and one for politicians.
That was what the American Revolution was about.
A government that is answerable to the people and can have charges brought on them for abuse of power.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

I completely agree. Funny how the whole situation seems to go in circles. We are afraid to go after people with money and power because they have all the money and power. And yet they would have nothing with out us, no money, no power. It makes my head hurt when I realize how much control the little people give up, they are comfortable submitting, but everyone has a breaking point, we shall see where ours is shortly I imagine.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Again, I am not judging people. I love everyone. I hate sin. I hold myself to a stricter standard than I apply to anyone else. I am well aware of myself and my sin. I confess it daily and ask God to give me the strength to overcome it. I am making progress and have a long way to go. Its called sanctification.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join