It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jolting tales surface of satanic rituals

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Maybe you should read Leviticus and Deuteronomy, if you haven't already. They were around long before Romulus and Remus. You seem to have your timeline backwards, or are being purposely revisionist.

reply to post by TheComte

As for the Egyptian Book of the Dead and Moses being a Hyskos Egyptian, there may be some relevance there that went through significant refining in the presence of the Living God.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This thread wandered into a touchy zone...
but to reply to the original post-
Wow, sounds like a hawt BDSM party. Cages and depriving people of food and shackles are a little different than satanism. They can be used for awesome fetish play. I heard no mention of altars or Satan or what, and of course, saying "This politician is a SATANIST!" sounds a lot worse (and causes a lot more uproar) than saying "Hey, this politician is KINKY!"
The connection- Satanists tend to be more accepting of fetishes, sexual freedom, and BDSM.

I'm not a Satanist. I'm just not dumb and I'm also not forcing my ideas on anyone else, or condoning or commending what he may or may not have done.
^_^

Oh wait,
Satanists don't approve of murder... and any Satanist that tells you how much they want to murder a nun is kind of burying themselves..

And uh, Satanism is a religion. Not a serial killer/child molester bonanza.

Go read some LaVey and come back and honestly say that Satanists are horrible, horrible demons who have no values or morals. Dare ya.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
im most intrested that no one has commented on the fact that jesus christ was called Lucifer....and that lucifer ,means bringer of light ,

"Leviticus and Deuteronomy" do you have the first editions?can you prove when they were written?That they are original ,and not taking stories/rules from previous generations?

[edit on 6-7-2008 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Is Jesus Lucifer?

The controversy with the Title, "Bright and Morning Star"
is only because of faulty translations
within the newer Bible versions.
Jesus, The Bright and Morning Star.

Instead of "How art thou fallen from heaven, O LUCIFER..." the nasb and niv have: "How you have fallen from heaven, O MORNING STAR..."

There are several problems with the translation "O morning star", but first let me point out that if you look at the multitude of Bible commentaries there are as many opinions, as to who or what is being referred to, as there are bible versions. Some believe this passage refers to the king of Babylon, whom many identify as king Nebuchadnezzar, others believe it refers to Belshazzar, and still others as the kingdom of Babylon itself and not to any specific king. Many others see Isaiah 14:12 as referring to the spiritual power behind the king and kingdom of Babylon. The "facts" are that there is little agreement among the so called scholars as to who or what is addressed in this passage, let alone how to translate it.

The Morning Stars are the angels;

The problem with the MORNING STAR of the niv, nasb and nkjv footnote is that the words morning and star are not found here in any Hebrew text. Morning is # 1242 boker and star is #3556 kokawb. The word for star is found in the very next verse of 13 where it says: "I will exalt my throne above the stars of God." The two words, morning and star, are found together in Job 38:7 where God is asking Job in verse 4 "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth?... When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" This seems to be a reference to the angles who rejoiced at God's creation.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

www.religioustolerance.org...

check this webby out icarus ...origins of the commandments.

or this ,translations and how they were abused by translators
www.israelofgod.org...

"Now let's note the dishonesty, first of the English translators and then of Jerome--

All of the English translators of the Bible know very well that the word "Phosphoros" in 2 Peter 1:19 can be perfectly accurately translated by the word "Lucifer." Instead they have chosen to deliberately obscure this fact. Why?

They knew very well that 2 Peter 1:19 refers without doubt to Jesus Christ. This verse calls Jesus Christ "Phosphoros" (in Greek) or "Lucifer" (in Latin). Yet the translators have hidden this fact behind the words "day star." The facts are that "Phosphoros" has absolutely nothing to do with either "day" or "star"! The translators simply borrowed a term that is elsewhere used for Christ--namely "morning star" in Revelation 2:28 (Greek = proinos + aster) and in Revelation 22:16 (Greek = orthrinos + aster).

To translate "phosphoros" as "day star" is plain dishonesty!!!"

Jerome knew that in the New Testament "Lucifer" is a title for Jesus Christ; yet he still chose to also translate the less- clearly defined Hebrew word "Heylel" in Isaiah 14:12 as "Lucifer," knowing that this word referred to Satan

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

They knew very well that 2 Peter 1:19 refers without doubt to Jesus Christ. This verse calls Jesus Christ "Phosphoros" (in Greek) or "Lucifer" (in Latin). Yet the translators have hidden this fact behind the words "day star." The facts are that "Phosphoros" has absolutely nothing to do with either "day" or "star"! The translators simply borrowed a term that is elsewhere used for Christ--namely "morning star" in Revelation 2:28 (Greek = proinos + aster) and in Revelation 22:16 (Greek = orthrinos + aster).

To translate "phosphoros" as "day star" is plain dishonesty!!!"

The so-called religioustolerance website is worthless as a source of scholarship.

The item I quote from your post above is a good example of a little knowledge used to disastrous result. It is not enough to use a dictionary to translate such text into English or Latin or any other language. Comparison must be made with existing available texts of comparable antiquity usually the Aramaic, Syriac, and Ethiopic and occasionally an Armenian or Georgian text. Then one must look to the early christian writers to see how they used and understood the text. In thumbnail sketch, that is how translation work is done.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

"The item I quote from your post above is a good example of a little knowledge used to disastrous result. It is not enough to use a dictionary to translate such text into English or Latin or any other language. Comparison must be made with existing available texts of comparable antiquity usually the Aramaic, Syriac, and Ethiopic and occasionally an Armenian or Georgian text. Then one must look to the early christian writers to see how they used and understood the text. In thumbnail sketch, that is how translation work is don"

That is exactly what they did with the top ancient language experts in the field ,sorry if it doesnt fit your outlook.

"An organisation that is a front for an assorted group of satanists, abortionists, and assorted varieties of folks in societal aberration. Worthless."

Is that your opinion,or fact?
Pellevoisin you really are warm and cuddly ....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Apparently at least some of the caged victims were willing victims up until the point they were beaten. This gets weirder and weirder and less believable by the minute.

Can any of you tell me about any ritual where someone would voluntarily be caged up in a basement? I fail to see that as ritualistic at all, just weird.

the world is full of weirdos

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Go read some LaVey and come back and honestly say that Satanists are horrible, horrible demons who have no values or morals. Dare ya.

[edit on 7/5/2008 by ravenshadow13]

"To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates"

so if your desire is to harm another, fire away.

This "religion" is basically for people to act as selfishly as possible, do what you want when you want, for your own pleasure- that ultimately is a recipe for disaster

Spare me the "2 consenting adults" bs as such self glorification will ALWAYS lead to excess and wrongdoing- man is such a dismal creature when he sets himself up as a god

You can list the principles about not harming kids etc, but a lot of it is contradictory bs, and Im sure some of the Nazis principles were not too bad either

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
At least a few people on here are knowledgeable and willing to actually deny ignorance as opposed to embracing it as a basis for their argument.

I still have yet to seen any reason at all to link this case to anything "Satanic" or even occult yet. How did the accusers, whoever there were, come to the idea that this was Satanic?

I'm not even trying to argue anymore,I really don't care at this point. I am interested in finding out how the accusations of "Satanism" came about as these people seem like your run of the mill harmless hippy new agers.

Unless the accusers are fundamental christians and view all that new age stuff as "Satanic".

Oddly enough, accusing someone of anything kind of makes you the Satan as "Satan" also means "accuser".

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I haven't heard any more about the allegations of a connection to satanic rituals in this case either. If there was any evidence of such found at the crime scene, maybe it will be entered at the trial by the prosecution to support said allegations. I can wait until then.

In the meantime, your attempts at legitimizing worship of satan, claiming we are all one and will end up in the same place, rationalizing and elevating the destructive adversarial nature of man, and exalting self above The Creator come across to me as vain, contradictory, shallow, and transparent.

Of course, you are entitled to your belief system regardless of what I think of its practice. You obviously have your reasons for thinking the way you do, whether I consider them valid, or as is the case, not. In the end, it is not up to me. I humbly submit to God's righteous judgment in these, and all matters.

Proverbs 14

11 The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
here's an update:
www.wral.com...

Apparently the couple were as I suspected New Age Luciferians.

According to the warrant, Johnson and Craig described themselves as teachers of the Order of the Morning Star. The male victim went to live with the couple in November 2007, the female victim a month later.

Order of the Morning Star.

Well I googled it and found all kinds of stuff.

what sounds like some thelema version here
www.sheridandouglas.co.uk...

Now this one is probably the right one:
morning-star.forumotion.com...
Look at the triangle. Looks familar hmm.

Then there is this from satanist.net
www.satanist.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
thanks for the update, seems evidence enough

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

pellevoisin.""An organisation that is a front for an assorted group of satanists, abortionists, and assorted varieties of folks in societal aberration. Worthless."

I see that you have now removed that quote of yours from your post ,second thoughts
?,or dont you actually have the power of your convictions you claim to have?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks for finding and posting the update.

The quote below says all I need to know about this group.

We are simply an internationally-connected group of individuals, amoral and ambitious, seeking to improve our sphere of power and namenclature.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Sounds like exactly what I suspected, Libertine philosophy included.

Libertine
en.wikipedia.org...

The most well known Libertine, Marquis de Sade author of The 120 days of Sodom and the origin of the term Sadism
en.wikipedia.org...

Luciferians
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join