It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jolting tales surface of satanic rituals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Jolting tales surface of satanic rituals

www.newsobserver.com

Allegations that a local Democratic official and her husband were involved in satanic rituals that included shackling people to beds, caging them and depriving them of food and water have horrified county party leaders.

Joy Johnson, 30, a third vice chairwoman of the Durham County Democratic Party and vice chairwoman of the Young Democrats, was charged Friday with two counts of aiding and abetting.

Her husband, Joseph Scott Craig, 25, was charged with second-degree rape.......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Heard a blurb on Fox News about it this morning and had to chase down the link. To those who think this kind of thing never happens, I don't know what to say.

To hear this behavior alleged to be coming from those involved in drawing young people into the political process is especially alarming to me. It gives credence to all the stories I've heard about satanic ritual abuse taking place at the highest levels of government and political function, most notably the Cathy O'Brien story.

All I can really say is, if this is true we need to get to the bottom of it and root it out completely, bring all those involved to swift and severe justice, and end the practice of these evil satanic rituals forever.

www.newsobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Heard a blurb on Fox News about it this morning and had to chase down the link. To those who think this kind of thing never happens, I don't know what to say.

To hear this behavior alleged to be coming from those involved in drawing young people into the political process is especially alarming to me.

Yes it's crazy what some people will allege in this day and age. Given the Duke Rape case in the same area a few years back, the smart thing to do is reserve any judgement until the trial.

It gives credence to all the stories I've heard about satanic ritual abuse taking place at the highest levels of government and political function, most notably the Cathy O'Brien story.

Really Icarus? A wild allegation lends credence in your mind? Wow, I really thought you were a critical thinker, but to find out you put faith in a mere allegation kinda makes me discredit anything you say.

Given the website that these folks were working on and the theme of it, it doesn't sound to me like these people are into satanic stuff at all. I'll really have to wait until the trial though before I could make any kind of intelligent statement on it.

Interesting find though.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
in this world gone crazy we dont spank the monkey ,,,, the monkey spanks us .

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder who else has some skeletons in their closets. It just goes to show the type of people who are in control.....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6237216
abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=6237216

Apparently the man is an ordained minister in something called the Order of the Morning Star. If true, then it certainly would be a Satanic church as "Lucifer" is Latin for "Morning Star." Their website seems to support many occultic practices as well. It should be interesting to see what the additional charges prosecuters expect to file will pan out to be.

Edited to try and get my news link to work, which failed.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by burdman30ott6]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sounds like they engaged in some bondage and S&M with some unwilling people, which is absolutely terrible and gives a bad name to every normal personal who likes that stuff.

But I don't get what was Satanic about it. The D.A. just said there was satanism involved but didn't elaborate. Perhaps he has never been on the internet or seen a cage or a whip used for fun.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending these people. If they raped and did other sexual things to unwilling people then they are the scum of the earth. I just don't see the satanism.

And that other person said, "I would be shocked they would be involved in these rituals." As though there were some universal, agreed upon "Satanic rituals."

Although I am betting a lot of people in that jury pool think there are.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow! That is almost as bad as if they had been practicing an iron age cannibalistic bloodcult based on the human sacrifice of a virgin male!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

This is about the article, which involves rape and the possibility of Satanic ritual. Save your points of view on religion to another thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While Satanic Ritual Abuse is 95% bull and always has been it takes only a small bit of research to find out that the government itself is very Satanic. Now i don't mean that so much in the devil worshiping anti-christian sense but in the sense of the Church of Satan's teachings.

Greed, lust, revenge, this is the government and also basic teachings of Satanism. Satanism doesn't teach harming anybody and it would be loath to hurt an animal as the founder was a lion tamer. Satan simply means "adversary" and Satanism is the practice of being "The Satan" in your everyday life. Real Satanists are the devil's advocate in any discussion, they understand that man is an animal and due to his "evolution" has become the most sadistic brutal animal in creation.

In fact, Satanism is a recognized religion and should be treated with the same respect you afford other religions. Personally I don't see these Satanic Ritual Abuse allegations as any different than claiming that Jews sacrifice babies during drunken orgies. Satanist would be more likely to attend a screening of Nosferatu with organ accompaniment and then head out to a tiki bar than keep people locked in cages.

If you ask me, were these allegations to turn out to be true I would say Satan had very little to do with it and it was simply their brutal nature as Sadists, Satan was just an outlet.

I would recommend that everyone visit the Church of Satan's website, read their basic teachings and Deny Ignorance!

P.S. Lucifer was the bringer of light and wisdom, he was the morning star, returning light to the world after the darkness of night. Lucifer would make a good mascot for ATS

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm If this is true it would be the first time in the history OF THE WORLD.

Somehow i doubt they were worshipers as much as crazy people that just so happen to pick up these beliefs because it fit there crazy agenda.

But never have i heard of someone believing this stuff before they became sick and sadistic. Generally . Its just kids looking for attention . Or people aligning themselves with something after the fact .

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wild allegation, whose wild allegation Quazga, yours? Or Lilitu's? What is so wild about a criminal complaint filed by law enforcement?

In the wake of Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Randy Cunningham, Elliot Spitzer, Jeff Gannon, Ted Haggard, Craig Spence, Lawrence King, etc., etc.,.... these are wild allegations?

Ok, maybe it is the satanic ritual abuse angle you take exception to. Fine. Call it whatever you want. It is evil, depraved, and victimizes children and those too young to think for themselves. To me that is satanic, of the devil.

Or maybe it is the fact that I am a Christian and have the gall to bring this up. Whatever. You can take or leave what I have to say. Letting my opinion of this one story make you discredit anything I say says more about you than it does about me.

Isaiah 14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I still think it's a little bigoted to blame Satanism for something so atrocious without possessing a proper understanding of it's tenants and teachings. I know Satanism carries a connotation with it but so does Christianity. However both have an equally valid philosophy that in the end leads to the same spiritual fulfillment and earthly understanding.

The only difference is that some choose to follow the "light" and some work better in "darkness". Existence needs equal parts of light and dark just as your religion needs Satan.

You shouldn't blame things on people simply because you don't understand them.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

Sounds like they engaged in some bondage and S&M with some unwilling people, which is absolutely terrible and gives a bad name to every normal personal who likes that stuff.

I agree. It gives ammo to those who like to judge others for having a harmless fetish (that’s right I find it completely harmless, long as grown, consenting adults are taking part in the fun). They can say,look at the kind of people who are into this stuff now.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yeah, I am forced to use the title of the article as is.

To me as a Christian, satan is the devil, pure and simple. I live in the light, and seek to shine it into the darkness. I don't need satan. I want him cast out in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't think that makes me a bigot. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The occult is "hidden" in the darkness for a reason. When the light of truth is shown on it, it is revealed for what it is, an abomination against God and man. The darkness conceals, the light reveals. I'm all for full disclosure.

Bondage and degradation is not normal behavior. The people who "like the stuff" are deeply troubled. Enjoying inflicting and experiencing pain isn't normal either, its aberrant. I pray for the deliverance of the tortured souls caught up in this lie.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Bondage and degradation is not normal behavior.

The majority of the people on this planet have some type of fetish. Who are you or I to say what "normal" is? Marrying girls that hadn't reached puberty yet was normal in my country about a hundred to two hundred years ago. Something being normal doesn't make it right or wrong. A society at the given time decides what normal means.

All I know is that I tolerate and accept others for who they are long as they aren't hurting anyone else. That is a hell of a lot more "Christ" like than judging people. Meh.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Shadowflux

Bondage and degradation is not normal behavior. The people who "like the stuff" are deeply troubled. Enjoying inflicting and experiencing pain isn't normal either, its aberrant. I pray for the deliverance of the tortured souls caught up in this lie.

So worshipping a dead man nailed to two bits of wood is normal behaviour? People talking to burning bushes is normal behaviour?

People going to war because their god told them to is normal behaviour?

What is 'normal' by the way? The christian way? The muslim way? The atheist way?
Are you basing normality on your religious or sexual beliefs?

I'm curious...

Surely you are acting un-christian by judging everybody who is into bondage.

Please rethink your beliefs before telling me what is wrong or right.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I am not the judge. I don't judge people. I consider actions. We are all sinners worthy of death. The question comes down to: do you embrace your sin, or do you turn away from it? Do you seek to sin, or seek to avoid it?

The whole morality play thing comes down to who am I to say, and shouldn't everyone be able to do what is right in their own eyes?

Romans 1

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

It goes back to Lucifer being cast out of heaven because he sought to exalt himself above the throne of God. Self interest is not the answer, it is the lie. God the Father, the Creator of the universe, is worthy of praise and devotion above all else.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I fear you are mistaking your opinions for fact. Kinky sexual behavior is no more aberrant than "normal" sexual behavior. In fact, I'd wager that the majority of people on Earth have some sort of fetish, whether it be a certain position or full on bondage and domination. I'm not sick or insane simply because I love the touch, feel, sound and smell of leather.

Just because you have a poorly conceived notion about a belief system doesn't make it right. I can't simply say that one man's greed is "Very Jewish" anymore than you can use the term "Satanic" to denote something you feel is wrong, different or bad.

Now, since I don't really wish to argue I will say this:

Forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to do is wrong, flat out wrong

See I just agreed with you

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Sorry that you stepped into this.
You are not allowed to say the name of Satan in the same sentence as a negative word, like abuse.
Defenders of Satan will come out of the wood work to attack you.
The world is full of his worshipers and want to keep things on the down low.
Exposing them for what they are only angers them.
They long for the day when all Christians are dead and they can come out in the open and fulfill their desires on all the innocents of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join