It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is getting brighter, bigger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have noticed this as well. I'm located in Eastern MA and out and about during the wee hours. I see this "star" at SSE, maybe 45 deg over the horizon. I have also seen the wacky satellites (usually with a reddish tinge) that make very un-satellite(ish) maneuvers (changing course mid flight, etc., etc..). The whole NIBIRU thing strikes me as a little 'meshugena', but I'm at a loss as to what this is.

Stock up on food! (sorry mods, off topic!)

Best, Gram.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
if you have java installed then try this website - www.skyviewcafe.com.... they have an amazing little viewer program with many different settings and is very easy to use. you should be able to figure out what it is from there

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hi I am living in Perth W.A. and for the past year or so a distinctive star has been constant in our early morning skies.This would tally in well with all your observations that the star is rising in your evening skies from the South Eastern sky.(Northern Hemi USA)
It has definately got brighter and a lot bigger I dont know what it is despite believing it may have been Arcturus at one stage but it doesnt move with the rest of the sky.I usually see it at 5.30 am-6.30am right overhead at the moment ,earlier in Summer and lower in the eastern sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
it looks like it could be vega as that seems to be the brightest star in the south east region. i'm no astronomer though and need to compare the constellations in that java program with what i see in the sky to be certain.

i almost photographed it myself last night but got distracted by my cats and then forgot. if the weather isn't bad tonight i'll try and snap a few pics of it.

it is incredibly bright though and has been there a few weeks now. i see it almost every night that the weather is good when i round up my cats for the night.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I read somewhere that 2 of the planets were supposed to fall into alignment this July and appear like one bright new star in the sky. Could this be what you guys are seeing? Anyone else remember what I am talking about?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

nope. its not 2 planets because it isn't july yet and this star has been there a couple of weeks already.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i'm confident our bright mini moon in the australian eastern sky is venus

The brightest planet is on the far side of the Sun this month, and is impossible to see without optical aid, due to the solar glare. Its appearance will be like a tiny Full Moon, as in the third picture below. Each morning in the first week of June its angular distance from the Sun will decrease, until it passes behind the Sun (superior conjunction) on June 9. Venus will return to the evening sky In July.

Venus is always far brighter than anything else in the sky except for the Sun and Moon. Up until last month, Venus appeared as a 'Morning Star', but from next month on it will become an 'Evening Star' once again. Each of these appearances lasts about eight to nine months.

from here The Sky Tonight

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I've been seeing this too.It made me download stellarium,and according to it,I think its the planet Jupiter.

You can download stellarium for free here.

edit:content.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Stellarium

Really, do go and down load stellarium. Its an open source FREE resource planetarium.

Once you have it set up, you will easily be able to tell what your seeing in the night sky is not nirubu, not planet X, not a new born star...

Hell, Im not gonna spoil it with easy answers. Down load stellarium and enjoy an amazing teaching tool for the night sky.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wow, this is interesting. A few weeks ago I was driving in Teton National Park (Wyoming) and crossed over into Idaho just West of Jackson Hole, and had noticed while still daylight (the sun was still out) the almost full moon, and this little star next to it. I thought, how bizarre to see no other stars, just a bright lit up blue sky, with the faint full moon, and this very bright object at about the 9:30 position to the moon...Later as my journey continued on, and the sun set, I noted that the object moved to the 10:30 position. I had wondered to myself it was some big star ship or something in a constant state of orbit around the moon.

Actually though, isn't the moon in the plain of the ecliptic? It must be Venus? I wish someone with a strong background in Astronomy would come on here and set us all straight as to what this very bright (so bright you could see it in the day time) object is???

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
it is venus....... currently the Evening Star. the only non lunar, non solar object visible in the daylight hours.

Whooopppaaahhh!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
i thought it was Mars.....

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have seen this for many years and was told it was a planet. Perhaps it is this planet everyone keeps talking about that may or may not be coming to Earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
it is venus....... currently the Evening Star. the only non lunar, non solar object visible in the daylight hours.

Whooopppaaahhh!

hmmm and if its not??

have you seen this yourself, if its venus something is going on on venus

this star has been sitting on the end of my street for about a month.

its so shiny it sometimes go right trhough cloudcovers as the only shining object.

it does move.. as other stars and planets.
i have watched with the street as background but it doesnt move fast. im sure it stays in the same position every night, but yesterday i suddenly coundt find it... -strange

anyway, if this is venus why have i never noticed venus like this before and also it looks as bright as the comet that came in early november 2007... its to bright to be venus...

have to look at a skymap the next time i see it to tell if its venus..

i didnt even snap a photo allthough im always up in late night hours, it was just to big to photo, i thought, "everybody in the whole world see this... -why its not on ATS, proberly its bacause its venus or some comet..."
so ive seen it like 20times and looked in amaze but never took a photo.

but the reason this could be something not venus is as always...
if you wanna hide something for humans, then make it obvious to them.

thanks for all the posts about smaller irregular moving and cloaking sattelites, its my hobby to spot them and they sure are numerous these days. actually i think i will make a thread collecting and combining all info about the small stars that people have posted here

[edit on 29-6-2008 by skywatch]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.postbulletin.com...

The object in question is Jupiter. It appears very bright because 4 of its moons can also be seen with a telescope.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I never noticed it from my house, cause the south side is blocked by mountains, but I stayed in another place this last week and I also saw that bright thing. It was South, to the left of the scorpion constellation (if you are heading south) I think it's jupiter, saturn is not for sure, because it is near Leo and the its brighter months are Jan-Feb.

Here is a map with Jupiter's position, I think it's it.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I haven't seen it yet, I live in NC. I was just out on a golf course with my friend last night, but there was a cloud cover, so I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I'll keep watch tonight for sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I researched about the next Jupiter opposition, it's on the 9th of July so that's why Jupiter is getting very bright and it will get brighter.

Here is a zodiac site with all oppositions till 2035.
Interesting they claim that the markets drop around these oppositions...
www.luckydays.tv...

I'm too lazy to go search for a more accurate and credible site, but I think this is enough, after all astrologists "study" all these events and they must have the correct dates.

Edit: not the zodiac site.... but a zodiac site

[edit on 29-6-2008 by kingsnake]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ive seen this object too for the last 3 weeks. Its been in the sse from minnesota around 45 degrees from the horizon. It doesnt seem to be moving though just us rotating, so i dont think its a planet as it appeared quite suddenly in the night sky. Maybe ask nasa...hahahahaha yeah. Or it could be the niburu system...the aliens say we are the intruders and this might be true if you realize that we are not part of the milkyway but were sucked into it near the dark rift causing untold damage to systems. if this is the case start aiming your speakers at it and play some zepplin or floyd.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Greetings from Kuwait,

Been noticing the thing for quite sometime now, the sky was incredibly clear while i was fishing last month, and i got scared while watching it getting closer while i was 40 miles offshore (even thought that it was a meteorite closing by fast), or so it seemed, it was really bright that night.

Later I spoke to an amateur astronomer that i know and he said that there is a 99% chance that what i saw that night was Venus, and that it has this effect on the eye under certain conditions, which puts some sense into the matter.

Note: The sighting was in Kuwait.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join