It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is getting brighter, bigger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
anyone have infrared lens on a camera? it can prove to be very useful.

I have seen something very bright next to the moon on several nights and Im wondering if its the same object. I'm ruling out stars on this one as it moves about sometimes. I'm thinking its an observatory of some sort.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've seen this star. It's oftin the only star in the sky here. "Ireland"
I have never seen a star so bright. Last time seeing it was last friday night, I was haft cut, walking home from a night out. I just stared at it the whole time. It's like no other star I have ever seen in all my years of looking at the night sky. South East direction. it's completely unmissible.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

awaiting your picture anxiously.

if so many are seeing this, i am surprised at a lack of a photo yet.

there is a possible parallel thread on yowusa.com and godlikeproductions-

sky.google.com and microsoft's sky program have altered an area

of orion's southern belt. i have not had a chance to look due to

2 weeks of cloudy New England weather.

you can correlate this:

6h 53m 27s, -6 10' 58" at googlesky

just cut and paste..

is this the same area you are looking at???

(follow-up post if YES: then this may be planet X)

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
People, go to page 2 I already proved the southern one is Jupiter.

However there seems to be a confusion, I think there have already been mentioned 3 objects in this thread.

The southern one, that I'm sure it's Jupiter;

One that isn't on the ecliptic of the Planets;

And finally one that is trailing the moon.

Well I've only seen the southern one and I'm sure it's Jupiter, tonight I'll look at it with my telescope and see if it really is. Let's hope it doesn't hide behind the mountains...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

I've definitely seen Jupiter in the sky lately, using my telescope. From what the op said being in the same area as the moon, its probably just a planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I first noticed this star a few summers ago, it would rise over the horizon about 4 am. It comes up hours earlier than that now. It looks alot bigger when it's low. It's very bright and has spiked lines eminating outward that make it appear triangular, with a hollow center. I've never noted it disappearing or moving. I do think it's getting bigger and brighter. It even remains as the last star visible as dawn comes. It's not venus.

I'm in the pacific northwest region, and it rises in a south, south-easterly direction, until moving upwards more southerly and then it loses it's triangular appearance, brightness and size.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by violet]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

holy crap!!! i live in Queens Nyc and i was on my roof lastnight. In ny our light pollution is off the charts. But we were up there just hangin out drinkin a couple beers when on of my friends goes, damn that star is bright, and i go yeah i think thats the northern star, when he goes but dude thats south man...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hey gang. The Brightest object in the south-eastern sky in the notrthern hemisphire is Jupiter. If you can see it in New york city with out a dough it Jupiter. As theres have stated download the stellarium program you can see what in the night sky in a your area in real time.

Telecopes are always helpful as well. I 've watched that bright object(juputer) since october through the small patch of sky im allowed to see from my belcony.

Or I could be wroung and you guys are seeing something im not and its Galactis or something.

Nuff said...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok Guys/Gals could someone with a little astronomic knowledge go out there and look through thier binoculars and see what the bleep it is and if it is any of our known planets? I saw it last weekend from the southern sky about 25 degrees up from the horizon, I brushed it off as being Venus but will research if I was correct.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The summer triangle of Deneb,Altair and Vega can be observed after midnight,can you see two other bright stars that form a triangle with that one?
Can you see the star and Jupiter at the same time?

[edit on 29-6-2008 by thethirdofthestorms]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This thread is a great example of how not to figure out what something is. People, including the OP, who want an answer but refuse to download free software, learn to use it and instead want others to do it for them.

OP, you could at least give a decent description if you want others to do everything for you.
It is your thread after all.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I live down here in the south eastern corner on ala/fla. line. I see the star all the time and I too believe it pulls or being pulled by moon. I watch it until it all goes away. It actually seems like it isn't that far up there. I use binoculars. It just looks strange and that star that is connected to it sometimes, is strange also. There is all kind of strange things in the sky (here) now. Sometimes it's kinda creepy.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

OP, you could at least give a decent description if you want others to do everything for you.
It is your thread after all.

oh but guessing speculation and misinformation is what conspiracies are all about

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I see a star that is also near a moon but not that near it gets brighter about ever year or so U guys. Do to my teaching I think is a planet called hercolubus. This planet comes closer and closer 400x bigger the our biggest planet in our solar system jupiter. Sciecntist are talking about how a big asteriod is going to come destroy and hit our planet. This asteriod is the planet hercolubus instead on our goverment trying to hide everything from us it is just makeing it worse because instead of us getting ready for this tragic that is going to come they hide it from us. We need to get prepare for what is going to happen in the future. This planet hercolubus has an magnetic force. Well I can't explain it but Here is a link about it.
Hercol ubus
Sorry its in spanish but the Solar system that is on the right is ours the planet earth is called "tierra". The solar system on the left has the planet hercolubus or niberu what some people call it. The wavey lines are the electromagnetic filed that is going to affect us. When it comes closer more things is going to happen. Such has earthquakes, Tsuamis, volcaneo eruptions and so forth.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hello, i am a long-time reader....first time speaker. i live in the mid-west. (dertoit area) I know the exact star you are talking about. i was hanging out with some friends and we almost said it in unison...damn, thats a bright ass star!! its close to the moon in our southeast sky. and if its bright enough to have everyone around here talking about it...its gotta be the brightest thing ever in the southern sky. i have a nice video camera. i should just take it out and film it. yea...i'm gonna do that

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The stars rise about 4 minutes earlier each day. The moon rises about an hour later each day. The planets do their own thing around the sun.

So the same star is not going to be next to the moon at the same time, night after night. As the star background and planets change it might lead someone to think it though.

Venus and Mercury are always going to be near the sun, east near morning and west near sunset. Now after sunset, Jupiter is in the southeast and Mars and Saturn are in the west.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Explain this though, we have about 3 1/2 pages of people going, yeah that star looks sure out of place and oddly lit up seeking answers. Then about 10 others saying for Def! its Saturn, For Def! its jupiter!

there are two conclusions here:
1) It is either Jupiter or Saturn. but if it is one of them, why is everyone posting hopw strange it looks. I have seen jupiter and saturn in the night sky before, as well as many others im sure. So why the odd apperence?

2) It is a new object in the sky that is now open to be any number of thing, being it a UFO Star ship, Nibiru(it is south), or a new star thats light has now finally reached us.

What i mean by this post is, it seems this star...Thing, is something odd. Something that people from all over the world see and think,"what a strangly bright star...and why is it moving?" If it us a planet, then why so bright?

Like i said before, i live in Queens NYC, and for stars to be seen here is a bright ass star, And that star in paticular, is bright as hell in our sky. That makes it a bright ass hell star, haha.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Explain this though, we have about 3 1/2 pages of people going, yeah that star looks sure out of place and oddly lit up seeking answers. Then about 10 others saying for Def! its Saturn, For Def! its jupiter!

How many of these people look at the night sky every night through all four seasons. Sometimes Jupiter isn't visible in the early night hours. Other times of the year it is. It is now starting to rise in the early night and be seen.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ok I am glad to see so many other people see this too. I always just tell my family that is might the space station. I read some people were seeing this light shut off and then turn on, like someone hit a switch. I too have witnessed this type of activity. Also, I saw another say they these lights cruising through the sky like satellites. Again, I witness this many many times a week. I live on the Crow reservaton in the country. I am able to view the skies clearly and witness weird lights. Sometimes I think they are satellites too, but then they look just like a star. These do not blink, twinkle, they stay the same. They'll be crusing then all of sudden they will stop and fit into a formation of stars, like a star decided to be part a neighboring constellation. It makes me wonder what the hell these things are. If anybody can offer some answers as to what these are, I will be glad to hear your point of view.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join