It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is getting brighter, bigger

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
OH MY.... I have been videoing something like this. I was un sure of what it is. It's by far the brightest. I am in Md. When I look at it it looks like a star (really really bright) it does dissapear for a while then will come back it is very akward. It almost changes . I don't really know how to discribe it one night I videoed it and there were red/blue/green/yellow spinning lights, then my more rescent vidoes of this light have just been wierd..It is always near the moon not next to it but in the same direction. When it is cloudy I have seen it infront of the clouds? It always looks so different on video versus what I see with my eyes? I wonder if it is that same thing you guys are seeing.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
it is venus you fools, ralk about blowing a balloon.
someone tell these saps.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I'm not sayin it isn't Venus or Jupiter or whatever you are saying it is. It very well could be!! But all i'm saying is whatever it is, it's never been that bright before.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
what you are seeing is jupiter.It has a creamy white color and not blinking like a star.Even with the cheapest telescope you will see 4 moons.It was closer to the moon about a week ago, but the moon is rising later now.Ive been watching the ecliptic and i see no star shining as bright as jupiter is now.And i have ask did anyone see a flare up of a star near cassiopeia last night?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, I am not at all surprised. I was expecting this to happen, as I read something about it while trying to research Nibiru, or Planet X. I found that it is not just one planet, but our suns' twin star, Nemesis, and Nibiru is in orbit around it. It is on a 3,600 year orbit around the sun, and I am sure it influences our suns' movements, as well. NASA has been talking about something affecting the orbits of the outer planets recently. And they also mentioned a large incoming object, 10X the size of Saturn. But then someone higher up squelched the report, and nothing more. Recently, it was reportedly on the opposite side of the sun, but we moved now, so I was expecting it in the daytime. I am no astronomer, so it was a surprise that it showed up at night. It will pass the earth, not strike it, in December 2012. China and Russia will seize that opportunity of global mayhem to nuke the most powerful city on earth. This is all prophesied in the book of Revelation, in the Bible. This Nibiru is also alleged to be home world of the Anachim, or Watchers, who are now known as Demons. This approaching dim star is probably the cause of the increased solar flares affecting our weather, global warming, and it's gravity prompting movement of teutonic plates. It is said that we originally had a 360 day year, but when last it was here, we were knocked into a 365 day orbit. And this time, we go back. This would be the reason we have 360 degrees in a circle. The 'tribulation' talked of in the Bible begins when that star comes, in 12/2012. And then a world leader makes a treaty with Israel for seven years. That prophesy is dealt with in 'The Omega Code'. The star never hits us; we would be dust. Most of the world will die, but a few will survive. It's interesting, and exciting!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
No, he's right.It is probably Venus. Nemesis will not be visible until we move around the sun some more. I am TOLD that you can now see it with a welders mask, it is so near the sun visually. It is a low level sun, or not near as bright.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I got Starry Night Pro 5 a few semesters ago from an astronomy class. I just updated it and it seems Jupiter is the brightest object in the sky facing southeast from NYC. Tonight it will rise at approx. 9:02pm and will make its way along the ecliptic as the night progresses. Also it seems on June 19 it came quite close to the moon from viewing from the same place. maybe thats the night it was seen chasing the moon. You guys got my hopes up. I wanted to go out tonight and see something new

First post ever! hehe

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

i see venus here soho.esac.esa.int... during the day. i dont see your star that you were "told" was there.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

Can you identify it here?

Stellarium

It's an amazing piece of software - and it's free of charge.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is getting nowhere.

If we want to identify this object we need more information from the people that say that they see it, just saying that it is a bright star to the south is not realy identifying it in any way.

This is what I think people trying to identify what they see should do.

Specify your position on Earth, the time you see it, the distance from the horizon to the object (if possible) and the direction in which you see it.

Try to identify know constelations and try to get a reference from known constelations to the object.

Preferably, repeat the measurements of the objects position from hour to hour.

One thing to remember; Venus (as Mercury), being a planet that is closer to the Sun than Earth, never apears far from the Sun either after sunset or before sunrise, so if this object is not relatively close to the Sun it cannot be Venus.

Unfortunately, I do not see the south sky from my apartment, so I cannot help in that way.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
After some checking, the brightest star visible from Earth, is said to be Sirius "The Dog Star".

[edit on 29-6-2008 by violet]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
wow guess im not the only one.

i was gonna take a picture but my camera is a piece of crap. You would need a high definition lens camera to get a hold of it. I can't say it looks like a planet but it's brighter than ever and everyday, it could increase or disappear. I guess we have to wait and find out

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm downloading Starlarium or whatever it is now. If I'm seeing the same thing as everyone else, it's directly southeast at about 10 PM it's about 20 to 25 degrees above the horizon from a northern Philly suburb. I'll post what the software tells me once I'm done.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
it is venus you fools, ralk about blowing a balloon.
someone tell these saps.

dango man chill a little. Excitement is a part of life. No one said it WASNT a planet but we're not all astronomy majors like you that can say without a doubt. Its been 14 years since i read my first babbling bit of sitchen and im not freakin out about nibiru and the annunakis.

i took astronomy in college for a course, we saw jupiter and i live at the same place i did as when i took the course and now 4 years later i do not remember jupiter being as bright as it may be now. Not saying it isnt, just sayin i dont remember ever seeing something as bright as it was when i saw it the other night.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

This star NEEDS A JPEG upload gang!

VENUS? JUPITER?

Well, just fyi, in southern orion's belt, sky.google.com has blacked out

a potential candidate for PX. I think i found it on our governments

sky view servers

Just pop in the coordinates: 5 53 27 (which is right ascension)

and -6 10 58 (which is declination, below the equator) and set the pixels

to 300 or more , and degrees of sky to default (or more, ie 10-15)

select on IR or Red filters where you can in the drop down menus.

You can select multiple. IT sounds complex, but it really isn't.

So, again - IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE IS SEEING??

I can't see anything in the boston suburbs, clouded over for 2 weeks.

(REFERENCE: ANOTHER ATS THREAD IS FOLLOWING THE 'BLACK BOX' IN GOGLESKY AND MICROSOFT'S SKY VIEWING SITES...AS THE PURPORTED PLANET X/ NIBIRU).

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have noticed this for at least a week & having looked through a telescope it has at least 4 moons

taken with nikon d70 with a 300mm lens on a tripod from Cyprus

just looks like a white dot & you can't see any moons off the photo

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's Jupiter. It's VERY bright every evening that I've seen it. Looking at the Stellarium program definitely cleared that up for me. I had been noticing it lately and thought it was exceptionally bright to be a star and now I know why. Mystery solved for me, but for those who want to keep guessing and make this something it's not, don't download the software. Otherwise, you may see for yourself what it is you're looking at.

OT, big thumbs up to those that recommended the Stellarium software. It's pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hi all,

Not read all replies yet, just the first couple of pages.
I just want to say that I am central UK, it's 11.30pm and my living room faces South.
Looking out now, dead in front is this really bright object. Through binoculars, it doesn't twinkle or blink.

So pleased that I can see it too.... No cloud cover for once, lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm in germany, and i don't see this star.
Only a couple of small stars.
I saw a very bright star this year but it was long ago.
4 or 5 months ago...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

i also watch the sky alot for bout 20 years now and ive alwayz noticed a lot of white light moving north to south east to west. i just know most of them are the fallen angelz casualy cruising around flaunting there superiority to the world ,sturring up a beez nest among the humans then walk among us and listen to all the buzz they have caused they even read this and other sites like this it builds there ego !!! some body get back at me with more fallen angel talk ..mabey you will be stroking my ego!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join