It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star is getting brighter, bigger

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Every night ever since last fall, there is this star that is in the same section as the moon is/was. I dunno what kind of star it is, but its bright as hell. Last night it was brighter than ever. I thought it could be Polaris but that star would be north not south (the bright star is south). Im starting to believe "something" is moving forward or towards us..i dunno but it's just a speculation

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp
Every night ever since last fall, there is this star that is in the same section as the moon is/was. I dunno what kind of star it is, but its bright as hell. Last night it was brighter than ever. I thought it could be Polaris but that star would be north not south (the bright star is south). Im starting to believe "something" is moving forward or towards us..i dunno but it's just a speculation

You wouldn't happen to live near an airport would you? (kidding)

I think someone had mentioned about a new star being born, but I don't know how long it would take for us to see it here depending on it's distance. What section is it?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by adkchamp

It would help if we knew were you live, what time of the night you are looking, and as many details as you can provide.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

i live in New York city (lol i do see many planes btw) and im sure that this star is growing. Ive been watching it every night as a gardener watches his plants grow.

here i've been reading something relevant to the moon/Nibiru connection:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-6-2008 by adkchamp]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Twinstars (dual) vary greatly in brightness, this is due to how the two stars are rotating around eachother.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ok i think i know what u r talking about.

for about 4 months now there has been a very bright object in a south southeastern direction from area code 36066 prattville alabama. it is definitely the 2nd brightest object in the sky when the moon is visible, it doesnt twinkle or blink, its always in the same area and doesnt seem to be visible over the horizon until 9-10 pm.... i have looked for viewing angles for satelites and space station but thats not what it is. just a constant very bright white light. i have been watching it for 4 months now and still have no clue as to what it might be...

there has also been alot of movement in the sky. much like satalites passing by but some waver and/or change course. im not sure but i didnt think satilites changed cours in mid flight? when i say alot i mean alot. some nights u see movement every 6-7min, some its none at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
and it did seem to follow the moon when i first noticed it. every night for about 3 weeks it was around the moon. i even theorized that it might have somthing to do with our governments watching the moon lol. but it stayed in it south eastern area when the moon was rising and setting on different sides. i have also pointed it out to plenty of others who also have no clue whatsoever to what it is. some have said its the east star.?.? havent heard of an east star so i cant say.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i have seen the same star for at least a month to here in denmark.
its VERY bright, i was sure it was venus.
everynight in the same position.

but this night something happended..
it was there...
and 1 hour later it wasn't
usually it just stays there all night.. i wonder if its there tommorow again now it disappeared.

also i have been seeing the same stange movements of lights in the sky as mentioned and i have posted a lot about this lately.

i really thought it was venus.. can somebody explain if venus have been in the night sky, towards south and shone really bright the last month or more?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My guess is that it is Saturn, which has become very bright, beginning in the western sky at dusk. It is really, really bright right now and will put on quite the display w/ Regulus and Mars for the next couple of weeks.

see link

Rush

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i keep seeing this too. I am out and about around 2am=6am and it stays in the same postion kinda by the moon. it's really bright. i thought it was the iss or venus as well. I've noticed this for a few months now and it never seems to move. i'm in wisconsin btw.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by MacSen191]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
last night the brightest star in the southern hemisphere was alpha centuri. as always. it was almost as if a single stage light was shining straight onto my house. >exaggeration<
but you get the idea. there was a lot of cloud cover but the southern cross and its 2 buddies were clearly visible.

really, using your eye, its very hard to tell when there's changes in the stars. you really need the aid of photography.... cos i swear that star gets brighter everyday.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
if it was a star wouldnt it twinkle or blink due to atmospheric conditions?
if it was a star why does it seem to disapear for an hour or so and come back even when there is no cloud coverage?
i have taken pics of it but my camera isnt great and doesnt focus well in the dark.
ive even looked at it through my friends telescope.(we have watched mars before w/ the same scope.) and all we see is a perfect sphere of light.

edit
and arent the brighter stars in the sky normally binary star systems? when put in the scope it is a single ball of light.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by tjetbone]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm curious.

What parallels are you seeing this "star." For example, I'm near the 48th parallel.

What constellation is near this "star?" Is it always by the moon or does the moon move faster?

Try a couple of skymap websites out there and see if you can pinpoint the location.

Here's one site

www.fourmilab.ch...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
i also have seen this strange star and it seems to just get brighter everyday i live in a city in colorado and am almost alwys outside at night and have noticed some really weird activity in the skies ive been documenting a little of the stuff ive seen and have seen 23 ufos this entire week

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i dont know what parralel i am in but it seemed to follow the moon for about 3 weeks but then the moon was on the other side of us and it was still in a south eastern direction. i am in pratville al. zip code 36066.
the big dipper is north west in my viewing angle.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Ha! Somebody else noticed it is following the moon! I have been watching it too, I am outside off and on all night, it is in the southeastern sky here in N Ga, and I have described it as either pulling the moon along or the moon is following it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We haven't had clear sky in weeks here. As soon as it clears up I'll have a look.

Can't wait!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I see it every night as well. I asume it is the ISS, There are way too many people on ATS that look at the sky every night, for something this obvious to go unnoticed for such a long time. If not, I saw it first

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I see it now and it's bright as heck. It's as if God is going bling bling lol

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i'm in new jersey,near philadelphia,and the clouds are rolling in from the west,but it's the only visible thing in the sky. it's really bright. its southeast from my view

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Spectre0o0]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join