It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Bomb Sniffing Dogs Are There For One Purpose And One Purpose Only , Sniffing Out Bombs And Explosives Material . These Dogs Don't Have To Even Come That Close To A Person To Smell These Compounds Out . These Muslim Crybabies Will Snivel About Anything That They Think Will Draw Undue Attention Upon Them . Tough S*& t . Ya Don't Like The Way We Secure Our Transportation Systems , Go Back To Your Own Country . I Don't Have A Problem With It . And These Bomb Sniffing Dogs That Are Being Used Are not All German Shepards Or Rottweilers Or Doberman Pincers . Most Of These Dogs Are Beagles , Labradors, Golden Retrievers , Etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Do you really think the goverment is somehow magically stopping terrorists? lol

It's not magic. It's hard, thankless work and sniffer dogs.

And implications that I am somewhat naive because I believe terrorists can be throttled, if not totally stopped, doesn't work with me. I see the glass and say it is half full.

You cannot stop a crazy man who intends to bomb himself and everyone around him.

No, but you can do what you can to make those incidents rare and isolated. You can take down their network of funding and communications. You can infiltrate. And many other things.

And if terrorist were a threat, you WOULD be seeing bombs go of every week, no matter what the goverment does.

Qualify that by saying if terrorism were an unanswered threat.

The history of terrorism shows that they work on a different clock than we do. It is not unusual for a period of years to elapse between major attacks. They rely on your complacency and careless attitude to succeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
They moan because these methods and the dogs are effective. If it works, muslims moan about it.

No Muslim was "whining" about having the dogs sniff Muslims. They weren't "whining" about the presence of the sniffer dogs there in the airport. They weren't "whining" about the dogs even being close to them. What they're "whining" about is that the dogs are touching them, when they shouldn't be and they want the trainers to keep the dogs from touching them.

The way the article was written and the issue was brought up, it made it seem like the Muslims wanted to be excluded from searches, when that's the not case in the slightest bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I believe it was stan from south park who said "if you dont like the team then get the F*** out of the stadium"

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
Ya Don't Like The Way We Secure Our Transportation Systems , Go Back To Your Own Country .

So I take it that there are no Muslim citizens from where you live? All Muslims emigrated there at the same time?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

In iraq there used to be terrorist attacks every week, even the army could not stop that.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

No actually, you would probably be surprised that a pretty much agree with your feelings on a lot of things. I will never give up my freedoms and if they ever try to pull some crap like is in the patriot act and the like, I will not go silently into the night. So don't confuse me with a liberal...er I meen sheep. I just very very simply don't agree that bomb sniffing dogs is a good example of the case you are trying to make.

That's cool, I just don't like dogs, and I think it's shameful to characterize a whole group of people based on the actions of a few.

I've had several Muslim friends in the past, and I found most of them to be very honorable people. There's good and bad in every race.

PS:
I really do dislike having my butt and crotch sniffed though even by an officer of the law.

[edit on 6/27/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

In iraq there used to be terrorist attacks every week, even the army could not stop that.

Wow the cleverness never ceases with you, how do you do it? You have figured out all alone that in a muslim country that we are in and at war with where anyone could be a "terrorist" that we were subject to constant attacks.....go figure, I would of thought it would be peaches and cream and goood day' mates. So what, like 13?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
They moan because these methods and the dogs are effective. If it works, muslims moan about it.

No Muslim was "whining" about having the dogs sniff Muslims. They weren't "whining" about the presence of the sniffer dogs there in the airport. They weren't "whining" about the dogs even being close to them. What they're "whining" about is that the dogs are touching them, when they shouldn't be and they want the trainers to keep the dogs from touching them.

The way the article was written and the issue was brought up, it made it seem like the Muslims wanted to be excluded from searches, when that's the not case in the slightest bit.

Also the report "appeared" like the reporters went out and found muslims to find their "views" on the subject. It seems to me the media had the story already in their head before even going to find these muslims. It's not like any muslims are making any "demands" like people seem to think here.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Wow the cleverness never ceases with you, how do you do it? You have figured out all alone that in a muslim country that we are in and at war with where anyone could be a "terrorist" that we were subject to constant attacks.....go figure, I would of thought it would be peaches and cream and goood day' mates. So what, like 13?

It seems you are not getting the point. Of course Iraq is having terrorist attacks, they are a good example of what it would be REALLY like if terrorism was a threat in the UK.
I am saying it's quite obvious that there is no serious threat in the UK, and that the goverment should stop putting fear into the people, and put money and more of their time on more important problems we have in this country!

And thank you for you compliment
your not so bad yourself

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If the dogs are being directed by their trainers to specifically go after Muslim or Middle Eastern looking people, then it's not protection, when they're taking away the freedom of one group in exchange for protection of another.

Well. I think you muddle two concepts here. If, as you say, Muslims are being singled out and the use of snifer dogs is specifically designed to harass them, then I agree that would be unacceptable. But that does not appear to be the case here, nor does this have anything to do with taking away "freedoms" of one group in exchange for the protection of another.

Whether Muslim or not, they are ALL the riding public and subject to the same requirements.

As I have said, I do not believe using snifer free public transportation is a right. So if that's a problem for ANYBODY, then chose some alternative mode of private transportation.

It seems people were spreading misinformation, making it seem that the Muslims want to be excluded from being sniffed, when all they want is not to be touched by the dogs.

The sniffing dogs should still sniff, just not touch. Is that too much to ask for?

Those Muslims wanted the dogs to be kept from touching them. They didn't oppose being sniffed by them.

Well, again, as long as Muslims are not being uniquely singled out for snifer contact, then I see no issue here. The source article says:

But banning them from touching passengers would severely restrict their ability to do their job.

I'm not a snifer handler, so if this statement is true, and ALL passengers are subject to potential snifer contact, I say where's the problem? Where's the discrimination? Where's the injustice?

Sorry. I see none.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
So I should give up my right to use public transportation which my tax dollars helped pay for, because you don't mind having your butt sniffed by Rin Tin Tin? That sounds logical to me..

You don't get it do you?

Public transportation is NOT a right.

No wonder people are loosing their real rights. Few people seem to understand what ones those are...

:shk:

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I'm not a snifer handler, so if this statement is true, and ALL passengers are subject to potential snifer contact, I say where's the problem? Where's the discrimination? Where's the injustice?

Sorry. I see none.
Uhhh... I don't like a dog sticking his nose up my butt crack or sniffing my johnson maybe?
Or are those not real problems?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Apparently the objection is a result of their religion.

So when does religion trump common law?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sorry. I see none.

Well one I do see is the medias discrimination and injustice of constantly bringing muslims into bad light.

Anything to make a few bucks.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I know its off topic but just an observation...seems like there are a lot of younger people on this site...that is such a good thing...to see things in black and white....but as you get older and see and exprience this life...
You see a different colour...grey!!

I am all for sniffer dogs ...they deal in black and white...but never push an opinion!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You don't get it do you? Public transportation is NOT a right.
I hate to bust your bubble, but the word "Public" connotates that it is free for use by all.. So, If it is available, I have the right to use it.

No wonder people are loosing their real rights. Few people seem to understand what ones those are...

:shk:
Yeah, that does seem to be a problem nowadays doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd rather be sniffed by a dog than a a body cavity search. Maybe Muslims would prefer that method?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Uhhh... I don't like a dog sticking his nose up my butt crack or sniffing my johnson maybe?

Then don't place yourself in such situations where such dogs might be used.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The don't place yourself in such situations where such dogs might be used.
I'll just rub some red pepper on my crotch and butt next time, and let ole rover get a snootful.

[edit on 6/27/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join