It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

Haha Damn man I could not stop laughing while reading your post. lol

A little bit overexadurated don't you thing, a bit too much generalising?

No offence thou.

You have a right to your opinion of course, just remember most muslims don't complain, and most muslims would never want any sharia law here, if you remember that and if your post was aimed at the minority of annoying muslims who always seem to complain, then it's all good.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

And what about us freedom loving westerners who are sick and tired of living in a police-state? I'll tell you what, I can still remember the smell of Ground Zero, and I am against losing more freedom for a false sense of security.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sensenig1

I lived in London for most of my life. The news headline being discussed here is not about personal infringements or classing every Muslim as a terrorist, it is simply saying that once again someone cry’s religion (any religion)when they don’t like something.

I think you have to understand the weariness, the expectation to understand every religious belief or cultural offense that we as Brits have to learn and avoid. So much so, that our own history is sacrificed. The idea of a multi-cultural existence is fine providing all are prepared to compromise. We have many ridiculous rules to adapt to, for instance, many corporate homes in London were expected to adapt bathroom facilities in order that the toilet did not face east, at the taxpayers (my tax) expense. Or, the ‘Christian’ hot cross bun- where episodes of debate went on about the cross offending other religions and how it should be removed. Our kids cannot have a Christian assembly at school. They will ban Christmas next purely because it happens to clash with Ramadan.
The point is, you can get a bit cheesed off with it all. Our Police force is doing it’s best to safeguard our very small and over populated country from serious terrorist attack. I am delighted they use dog’s, in fact they can use any means they can muster if it stops the dingbats of this planet blowing each other (or me and mine) to kingdom come. For those that object -------go home. Be in an environment you are comfortable with. We can understand you from afar and all be happier.

The headline was not designed to raise discussion about whether or not a dog can/should sniff and I am absolutely certain that the dog does not require employment to aim for anyone’s crotch. It is doing what it is trained to do. If we trained people to behave like rational human beings the dog would be redundant.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by squizz]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To all of those who think the dogs will sniff their crotch and butt, you are unfortunately misinformed. Sniffer dogs do not jump up and sniff you like the dog next door. I was in a class room with a sniffer dog that was looking for drugs (the dog's toy that smelled like drugs) that was under one of the students feet.

This was in a small classroom and the dog found the drugs within 30 sec. Also the dog never touched anyone, unless he bumped you with his tail as he wagged it. It is also important to note that the dog was a large German Shepard.

I would like to here of once person who has had their personal space violated by a sniffer dog. I think many of you have just watched too much TV.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Well man I truly feel sorry for you. You know that dogs offend you that really sucks you know what offends me? A dirty flea ridden terrorist planting a bomb and trying to blow up a subway or train. To me that is much more offensive that the sniffer dogs

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ya know, I think its just too bad that muslims, or anyone else, are offended. Personally, I am offended that the choice to utilize sniffer dogs for the sake of national security is questioned, and I am offended that people attempt to smuggle bombs, narcotics, etc. into the country to injure Americans/Immigrants and any poor soul who becomes the victim of crime and/or terrorism. The complainers probably just have something to hide, because the presence of an animal really is insignificant and harmless, and completely unrelated to religion, or worship.

I dont presume to know much about the practice of Islam, and how sniffer dogs are an offense, but it would be pretty naive of our country to not utilize them because someone is offended. WAH!

I understand that muslims are probably racially profiled, which is sad and unfortunate, but if your "enemy" is known to be of a particular group or profile, then you have to be watchful, without offending a persons right to life and liberty. Its a different world post 9/11, and we are at war!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chelbaby

...and I am offended that people attempt to smuggle bombs, narcotics, etc. into the country to injure Americans/Immigrants and any poor soul who becomes the victim of crime and/or terrorism.

When was the last time a sniffer dog found a bomb coming into the country?

Do you think they check CIA drug planes with sniffer dogs?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am offended by the vast amounts of liberty I have lost because of someone else's religious beliefs. I am offended by people who demand that I respect their beliefs, but continuously demonstrate that they have no respect for my beliefs.

Maybe I need to start my own religion where anyones beliefs that abridge my liberty are an insult to my religion.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I recognize that what you are saying is true. The thing is, that those who only want to blend in and become a part of their new culture, and hopefully bring the best of their culture to the new culture, need to start being more active against the minority Muslims who want to force their culture down everyone else's throat.

WOW, they are really have to chance bathrooms so that toilets do not face the East!!! Could this be anymore intrusive? Why do your pol's bend to this nonsense. I would aim to get rid of every politician who supported such an aberration to local culture.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
if you were just stating that they didnt like the dogs you would have just said that

but you had to add the comment about....is there anything mohammed did like or whatever it was im not gonna waster my time reading it again.

just another person wasting there time wanting to hate on muslims.im a caucasion canadian female convert and anyone who is lucky enough to have God (Allah) guide them is lucky and God willed it.he obvisouly willed you to be ignorant.this religion is everyones religion you just dont know.we believe in so many prophets and we are taught to respct the torah and the bible because they once had a message but got changed over time. God sent prophets to ppl that were like them so that they could be willing to here what they said.

So before you talk you should be careful.cause anyone who wastes time to come write this has issues

maybe muslims dont want dogs all over them simply for the mere fact there are muslim.

thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Bring more dogs into Europe, maybe then the inbreeds will go away.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Let us not forget the July 7 2005 London bombings that killed 52 people and injured 700 others.

This attack was carried out by Muslim extremists. The first bomb went off 8 minutes after eastbound Circle Line sub-surface Underground train, number 204
left the station.

The second bomb exploded on the second carriage of a westbound Circle Line sub-surface Underground train, number 216 also about 8 minutes after leaving the station.

The third bomb exploded about 1 minute after southbound Piccadilly Line deep-level Underground train, left King's Cross.

Then a double decker bus in Tavistock Square was blown up.
The bombers were identified as:
Mohammad Sidique Khan
Shehzad Tanweer
Germaine Lindsay
& Hasib Hussain

Those who criticize the police for taking reasonable precautions should talk to the families of those killed or injured in the blasts and then come up with a better solution to keep terrorists off public transportation. Until you do that, it would be best to keep your misplaced fears and whining to yourselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Sniffer dogs would not have prevented an attack. Besides, do you realize what the odds are of you dieing in such an attack?

I was born and raised in New York. Someone destroyed our beautiful Towers. But you don't see me whining to give up liberty for a false sense of security.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Sniffer dogs most certainly would have been able to detect the explosives before they bombers boarded the trains or bus. Thats the whole purpose in using them.

There is currently no devise that is as economical, sensitive or reliable as a well traned dog for detecting explosives.

Like I said. What better solution is available? I would love to hear a proposal for a better way to prevent this from happening again.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Like I said. What better solution is available? I would love to hear a proposal for a better way to prevent this from happening again.

End imperialism, stop supporting Zionists, restrict immigration...

In the end though, I can't honestly say that I am downright against the dogs entirely and specifically. It is the opressive security apparatus as a whole which concerns me most.

EDIT to add:

Sniffer dogs most certainly would have been able to detect the explosives before they bombers boarded the trains or bus. Thats the whole purpose in using them.

No certainty about it at all. No guarantee that the terrorists would have targeted areas being screened by dogs, that they would have not taken measures to deter scent detection, that the K9 units could not have been distracted woth some diversion, etc.

[edit on 8/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
1. Speak to the Muslim Council of Britain and the head Imams for the groups being offended
2. Demonstrate to them that these animals are not "unclean", but indeed as clean as humans, exceptionally well-trained, and not going to jump up and attack anyone/defile anything.
3. Get a fatwa declared that says it's OK for detection dogs (both passive and active) to be allowed in mosques and muslim homes.

Just saying "DON'T BE OFFENDED!" and acting all self-righteous isn't going to help anyone. You have to meet people half-way, even if you don't understand their problems. It's only by talking about these differences that compromises can be made. Getting up on one's "look how enlightened MY religion is" high-horse will only perpetuate the problems.

So, in short: respect other people. Respect them enough to talk to them about differences you have. Christians have this duty to perform for their fellow man, and anyone with a logical brain can see that is the only way differences are settled.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join