It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oh dear so many people getting upset over what comes naturally to a dog and generally most animals.............they sniff things.

As many have said if a sniffer dog finds the loon and stops hundreds of people being blown to pieces then they can live with it, good for you for saying that you are not part of the PC Brigade or the Lets Sue Them For Invading My Own Personal Space.

Sniffer dogs, bloodhounds, hunting dogs etc have been with us for years and now all of a sudden man's best friend is Politically Incorrect, some people have lost the plot.

I'm not a racist and I don't believe in either politics or religion (those who do in my mind are the sheeple), but all I can see is that the Muslims will complain about anything they don't like just to ensure they get left alone to do what they like without any prying eyes. I don't want to tar all Muslims with the same brush and I would love to know the background of those who complained.

Radical Muslims by any chance??

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I can't believe any sane government is still bending to the demands of Muslims. First of all, they pretty much make up 100 per cent of the terrorist population (at least in the US), so I don't want to hear about how only a small percentage of them are terrorists. They're lucky we respect people's rights to practice religion as much as we do now, but when it interferes with public safety, that crosses the line. I'd hate to end up like London.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

And these dogs are not that well-trained.

I've been bit twice by dogs in my lifetime, and I admit I have no love for them whatsoever as a result of it.

You're right, it doesn't make me any fonder of police dogs or dogs in general. They're way to unpredictable and dangerous to go about unleashed and unmuzzled. Dogs don't like me, and I especially dislike them.

Originally posted by LLoyd45

You seem to have a hangup about all Muslims being terrorists.. Are all Irishmen alcoholics, and all Polish people dumb as well in your opinion? You shouldn't buy into stereotypes unless you're willing to accept them all as being accurate.

Not all Muslim people are bad slackerwire, and to group them all into the same category is rather bigoted.

You don't like stereotypes or bigotry, yet all dogs are nasty, vicious, smell butts and crotches...oh, and hump legs? I have no idea why dogs--all of them--wouldn't like a dogmatic person such as yourself. Seriously, I'm sad that you'll never experience the love of a dog. It's honestly one of life's greatest joys...

In the world which we know, among the different and primitive geniuses that preside over the evolution of the several species, there exists not one, excepting that of the dog, that ever gave a thought to the presence of man. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. ~Woodrow Wilson

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I find the mere sight of marshmallows and the taste of undercooked pasta offensive, but I don't demand government protection from those things.

Yeah but is the government forcing you to see marshmallows or forcing you to eat undercooked pasta while you catch the bus or walk down the street? No. So your arguement is fallacious and flawed. Think about it for more than 10 seconds next time you simply react to something and come up with something to justify it.

Oh dear so many people getting upset over what comes naturally to a dog and generally most animals.............they sniff things.

You totally miss the point, its the fascist cops attached to the collars of these dogs that are the problems, the fascist cops that are assuming you are a terrorist without poroof. Nothing against dogs, lots against how they get used by cops to treat everyone like a criminal.

I demand to be treated as innocent because I am.

[edit on 2008-6-27 by primamateria]

[edit on 2008-6-27 by primamateria]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Uhh??? I just thought to myself, how can these dogs even find a terrorist? lol

And even if they do, what will that do to stop them?!!?!

I think people need to open their minds to the fact that terrorism is not a threat right now, you are more likely to die in your own home. If terrorists really were a threat you would have attacks EVERY week, and the truth is, you would NOT be able to stop them, especially with dogs.

In my opinion the goverment have made a HUGE thing out of terrorism, because they want to take advantage of it, to take the chance to bring in new laws for more "control" of you and me.

The goverment makes you FEAR something that is NOT a threat to you any more than dying in your own home.

It's pretty obvious the goverment uses terrorism as an excuse to do whatever they want.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
I'd hate to end up like London.

Then it is a shame you feel like that, London is a great place to live, BECAUSE there are people from all over the world in one place.

(ps Women from all over the world too
)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I do not know how the dogs are trained in England, but my dog does not need to sniff your privates to find something. He indicates by sitting by the contarband. My dog Taz is also trained search and rescure and a security dog. He only bites on command or hand signal. He is still very friendly, most of the kids in my neighborhood like to follow us around. Some even use him for a pillow while they lay around. Dogs justs need to be properly trained. Period.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Uhh??? I just thought to myself, how can these dogs even find a terrorist? .

Wow, very clever mind you got there, I am completely envious. But just a simpletons guess here, maybe it's the one with the c4 attached to his rib cage.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Uhh??? I just thought to myself, how can these dogs even find a terrorist? .

Wow, very clever mind you got there, I am completely envious. But just a simpletons guess here, but maybe it's the one with the c4 attached to his rib cage.

Yeah and then what?

Say goodbye to the dog?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

So your remedy is what, bomb sniffing virgins? It would seem the Muslim's have a soft spot in their hearts for virgins, certainly they wouldn't be offended if they had to pass through a virgin screening at the train depot.

Or do you imply we simply do nothing and risk being the simpleton that goes blindly on and suffers the consequences as you state in your signature.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

Originally posted by primamateria

Originally posted by loam
I find the mere sight of marshmallows and the taste of undercooked pasta offensive, but I don't demand government protection from those things.

Yeah but is the government forcing you see them or forcing you to eat that while you catch the bus? No. So your arguement is fallacious and flawed. Think about it for more than 10 seconds next time you simply react to something and come up with something to justify it.

Ditto.

Don't like sniffer dogs looking for drugs or explosives at train stations? Then don't use public train stations.

I avoid marshmallows and undercooked pasta by skipping campfires and bad restaurants.

Problem solved.

:shk:

The government doesn't force you to use train stations, does it?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
reply to post by LLoyd45

So your remedy is what, bomb sniffing virgins? It would seem the Muslim's have a soft spot in there hearts for virgins, certainly they wouldn't be offended if they had to pass through a virgin screening at the train depot.

Or do you imply we simply do nothing and risk being the simpleton that goes blindly on and suffers the consequences as you state in your signature.

No people who believe that these new laws that come in are really because of terrorism, and the fact that dogs really can stop a terrorist are the blind ones.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
I can't believe any sane government is still bending to the demands of Muslims. First of all, they pretty much make up 100 per cent of the terrorist population (at least in the US)

What a relief! I suppose I can tell all my African-American friends that they wont have to worry about Klan members throwing nooses on their trees in their yard, since all the terrorists in the US have magically vanished and we're only left with Muslim terrorists.

Muslims make up 100% of the terrorist population, eh? How many terror attacks have occured in the US due to Muslim terrorists and how many have occured total from all others?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Well truthfully...I have been bit twice properly by dogs...then I learned to understand them...

They could be deemed as a necessary evil...the dogs are there for a reason..to smell the dangerous stuff..and ultimately save lives!!...could be the one time despite the ..very short term discomfort you might feel ..that they might just catch the lunatic that was about to make you ....not in this realm!!lol

Plus they are only trained to sniff for the dangerous stuff....anyway they get a lot more freindly when you stroke them !!lol

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I'm with you on this one sir chancealot.
A dog's sense of smell is so acute that they don't need to "sniff crotches" to smell explosives. Neither does the muslim have any need to come in contact with one.
So what's the problem?
The problem is, potential terrorists are making an empty argument over something that's religiously offensive NOT touching them. Why? Because they don't want us to find the explosives!
If you ask me, we should be looking into the behind-the-scenes influences of the officials that made these statements. Obviously they've got some rather shady friends talking in their ears.

Sorry, but if knowing that there are no conventional explosives on a flight that is carrying me, family, freinds, or loved ones meant having something religiously offensive in my presence for a negligible amount of time, I would probably be all for it, for the greater good and safety of others. Apparently, muslims would not.

My response to whomever said it's offensive: DON'T RIDE THE TRAIN, FLY ON A PLANE, OR TAKE A CRUISE THEN.

(Note: I have nothing for or against any religion, as that I believe people should be free to believe whatever they want, but when it comes to flying, taking a cruise, or any form of public mass transit, saftey should be an issue over all other concerns. Buckle-up, right? lol.)

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Area_X]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Don't like sniffer dogs looking for drugs or explosives at train stations? Then don't use public train stations.

The problem isn't that the dogs are looking for illegal material, but that the dogs are touching the Muslims, even when they don't have anything on them. Doesn't this signify anything?

If you see how a sniffer dog works, you will see that most can be guided by their trainer to the direction in which they have to sniff. What's to keep the trainers from constantly sending the dogs to sniff "suspicious" suspects (aka anyone who looks like they're from the Middle East)?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

WTH??? When is the last time you heard klan members hanging people? probably decades. They were a threat and were pretty much squashed. Still, are you suggesting we don't protect african americans from neck hanging clansmen? Should we no longer protect ourselves at all, should we succumb to are ever decreasing mental state and become mindless sheep that would sooner be shot in the head than have to say or do anything that might offend some lousy schmuck. Take your bleeding heart and stick a dagger in it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Originally posted by slackerwire

Originally posted by yanchek

So, if Im reading this correctly, you are saying that the use of sniffing dogs on a person is unconstitutional.

Unless a warrant based upon probable cause is issued, yes.

What is the purpose of a sniffer dog? To SEARCH for narcotics/explosives.

In order for any search to take place, those doing the searching must have PC. They simply can't go fishing and hope to catch something.

reply to post by yanchek

Originally posted by yanchek

Handlers are randomly searching people for explosives. No probable cause whatsoever.

See my point?

A police officer that walks past you and spots a baggie of pot or a 9mm hanging out of your purse has reason to investigate.

The policeman has used his most acute sense; his vision.

A dog, using it's most acute sense, detects something it was trained to detect. It reacts accordingly.

In neither case has an unreasonable search been committed. Your rights have not been violated.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Please elaborate Phoenix, do you imply there is a conspiracy to these new laws for reasons other than rooting out terror? If so, what's the master plan, bomb sniffing dogs are going to rule the world? If so, get me a Krabby Patty and some coolaid, I'm checking out!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If you see how a sniffer dog works, you will see that most can be guided by their trainer to the direction in which they have to sniff. What's to keep the trainers from constantly sending the dogs to sniff "suspicious" suspects (aka anyone who looks like they're from the Middle East)?

Is this a concern based on an actual practice, or is this just concern for the potential of such a practice?

I've been around many snifer dogs in my time, and I can't say that I ever had one touch me.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join