It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

I thought it was just the ones from India.
Erm, sorry.

I am reminded of the attacks on Sikh cab drivers in New York right after 9/11, because the ignorant thought that Muslims wore turbans. :shk:

lol...no, that was funny.
But you're right, it's this same knee jerk reaction. I heard a woman complaining the other day in a shop, because the prices had gone up too much. If she had been a Muslim, and the shop keeper had phoned the tabloids.....i honestly think we would have seen a headline telling us that Muslims were complaining about food price rises. And then all the closet bigots would come out and tell us Muslims to sod off back to where we came from if we didn't like it.

The ironic thing is, is that maybe some of those asked weren't offended by the dogs as much as they were offended by being searched without any reasonable cause.

So in other words, Muslims trying to defend "our freedoms", get attacked in the media for doing so. Pesky Islam.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
How to deal with sniffer dogs.

PEPPER

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Obviously you didn't read the article that the op posted that began this thread. Muslims are actively putting out an effort to keep dogs from sniffing them, after we are now forced to take off our shoes, and can't take liquids in containers over 2 oz, or carry a small pocket knife or nail clippers, all because of muslims.

My advice to Muslims who don't want to have to endure what everyone else now has to endure because of Muslims, is to not take an airplane, walk or ride a camel, or whatever. The arrogance of these people is astounding.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

I understand that people who put pepper on sniffer dogs get a very thorough body cavity search. I understand they have a special camera lens for these types of searches. Them, and everyone with them.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'm not a Muslim, and I'm offended by sniffer dogs too! First of all, I don't like dogs, and secondly I don't care to have some a stinky, flea ridden mutt sniffing my butt and crotch. The dogs are simply being used as a means of intimidating people.

If this type of invasion of privacy doesn't offend you, you're truly one of the sheeple I've heard so much about.

Ok, you don't like dogs. Stinky and flea ridden? I guarantee you these dogs are probably cleaner then most of the people using the public transport systems.

Sniffer dogs are not like regular police dogs. Have you ever heard of a sniffer dog savaging members of the public? They are hardly likely to be sniffing your butt and crotch either, unless you've stuffed a stick of something explosive up there.
As an animal lover I often have to keep myself in check when having sniffer dogs walk by checking bags as they pass, my natural reaction is to hunker down and give their head a scratch.

They are also far less intimidating than a couple of HK touting rozzers giving you the evil eye.

Wise words. Totally agree. I would be offended at the butt and crotch sniffing too.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
what dog doesn't sniff your privates... what a joke

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

That is exactly how it happens, it's a shame some people don't understand how the news works!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Well, I kept seeing this thread yesterday, and didn't dare to click in, and tonight it just keeps on staring at me, begging me to click in and join the fun! The mental images of butt sniffing dogs was too much, the vision of a burka covered woman screaming "no' at a search dog! It is all too much, too funny, thanks for the laughs!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

How to get arrested quickly for endangering an officer of the law? Pepper.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
While I don't give a damn if it offends them, I understand. Look, we all have a right to live on this planet, and to live that life the way we want. If that pisses off someone..So what. I am really trying HARD not to hate all Muslims, and that is no easy task. In the end they have a choice to visit here or not. I am offended that my wife would have to cover her head with a scarf if I wanted to visit them. So I don't go there. Their view of rights woman have make me want to stomp their heads in..But I won't go there.

You do realise that most muslim countries women have the choice to wear a scarf or not?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
if one can be offended by a dog. one must consider dogs as equals.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by spearhead]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

I agree, I am shocked at the amount of hatred and ignorance over one news report about nothing really.

What I see becoming a trend is the shamefull act of choosing sides, them, we they, we. They are gettin upset over a silly news report and making teams, us against them, I don't like that, and it worries me.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by geek101

Obviously you didn't read the article that the op posted that began this thread. Muslims are actively putting out an effort to keep dogs from sniffing them, after we are now forced to take off our shoes, and can't take liquids in containers over 2 oz, or carry a small pocket knife or nail clippers, all because of muslims.

My advice to Muslims who don't want to have to endure what everyone else now has to endure because of Muslims, is to not take an airplane, walk or ride a camel, or whatever. The arrogance of these people is astounding.

The ignorance and hatred you spread is disgusting, I have had enough of your posts on this site, it really sickens me having to read them everyday.

But I'm sure we can learn to get along.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
what's worrying is that "they" will use their "religious beliefs" as an excuse to put themselves above everyone else.
religion should be contained to the same catagory as aliens and mythical beasts.
i can't go into an airport on an alloy crotch rocket and say its my religion to ride and carry chickens in my saddle bags.
let the dogs sniff it all.

GO DOGS!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by jackinthebox

Like I said, if Muslim men would do the same to themselves, and cover themselves from head to toe, so that their manly beauty was treated just as sacredly, then I would buy the whole concept, or at least if Muslim men agreed to share in the same discomfort as their women by doing what they demand of their women, then I could understand.

My observation of Muslim men is that they are every bit as conceited as everyone else, and view themselves as being beautiful as well. If they can not stand that other men gaze upon their women ( a childish notion that shows complete lack of emotion control on my opinion ) then they should be as equally modest, and cover themselves from head to toe also.

Do you see the hypocrisy that I am pointing out here?

In most muslims countries they have the choice to wear it or not, for example go to morocco and you will see that most women don't wear a scarf!!

And in actual fact you would find that women who do cover themselves up is all their choice, nobody forces them or tells them, they do it because they want to. If you ask them why, they say they WANT to, you would find that the husband has no say.

Of course in some places they may seem to be forced, in those really strict countries, but in most places they do it by choice, and they have the freedom of wearing it or not.

You obviously don't know much about arab women. I think you would be shocked how different these women would appear to your closed mind.

Do these women look like they are forced or are being told to do something they don't want?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I agree, I am shocked at the amount of hatred and ignorance over one news report about nothing really.

What I see becoming a trend is the shamefull act of choosing sides, them, we they, we. They are gettin upset over a silly news report and making teams, us against them, I don't like that, and it worries me.

I know. Depressing isn't it?
Truth is, it probably WAS only a few Muslims. But obviously some people take delight in jumping on the slightest thing. It serves their purpose, who gives a toss about facts?
How can people be so blind that they cannot see what the media is doing here? Funny thing is, these same people probably don't trust the media entirely in other areas, but when something is reported about Muslims, apparently it's the absolute truth.

Sad. I thought people had progressed more than this.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

That absolutely disgusts me ! Another prime example of political correctness gone mad, without being racist but how can they possibly not allow sniffers dog to come into contact with muslim passengers when theyre the most likely people to be carrying explosives ?!?!

I know someone could say that I'm being stereotypical here but please think about it, the chances are that a muslim passenger is carrying explosives are far greater than those of someone else!

I'm sorry but Muslim's and other foreigners who live in this country, if they can't adapt, follow and respect our law then they should be made to leave!!!

They need to get off their high horses and do as their told, just like everyone else.

Sometimes I really do wonder who's side the goverment is actually on! Some of the things I hear and read in the paper these days are that unbelievable that I start thinking that the goverment is making these things up!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
lol more islam bashing as usual. This non tolerance, is clearly a sign of ignorance.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join