It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Should the rest of the world give up these kind loving companions because of your rare experience which caused an irrational fear?

I would hardly call my experiences rare or my fears irrational. I also dated a girl in high school who's dog tore off her arm and left breast when she came home from school. This was a dog that had been a family pet since she was a little girl.

But no, I am not saying that the world should give up dogs as companions, or even as public servants.

Small children often cause dogs to attack them due to their own actions. 5 is way to young to let a child interact with any animal without constant adult supervision.

I was riding my bicycle with a friend to the corner store to get an ice-pop.

I know people who would complain about these dogs, but they would do it because they are into drugs and don't want to be caught.

Well, I am no fan of the "War on Drugs" either, especially considering that it's CIA that's been bringing all the coke in for the last thirty years. But that's for another thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A Beagle is a dog you know? Why haven't you killed the Beagle?

It is indeed a dog. A dog that knew it's place, but also was very much loved by my family and was well cared for.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Wow, your an offensive fellow.

I fail to see what you mean by that.

Your not one of those obnoxious people on planes who complain loudly about everything and ruin flights for everyone else?

No. Why would you think that?

On top of that you don't know the difference between a Muslim and Terrorist?

Indeed I do, but perhaps the poster I was responding to missed the memo.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Its not illegal to carry sausage in your pocket, but attempting to feed it to a bomb sniffing dog while it is on duty is going to get you into some serious trouble.

One of these days some little old grandma is going to get a cavity search because she didn't know any better and gave the nice doggy a biscuit.

No it's better to confront them. I think the whole point of this exercise is to make the terrorists afraid to travel.

Who do you think is more scared right now, the terrorists?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If dogs are really offensive to the Muslims then why do you always see dogs in those countries. I also understand that the Muslims women do not want to be screened by hand wands. In other words do not look at me or I'll kill you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Who do you think is more scared right now, the terrorists?

What matters to me is not who is more scared, but that they don't get on my bus with bombs in their shoes.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

In other words do not look at me or I'll kill you.

Works here in NY.

If dogs are really offensive to the Muslims then why do you always see dogs in those countries.

Ever see those dogs? Dirtiest, meanest, mangiest things you'll ever come across. They don't let those animals in their homes or treat them as pets. To them, seeing a dog in a train station or airport strikes them as offensively as if you walked into a terminal or station that did not have walls around the restrooms or toilet stalls.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

What matters to me is not who is more scared, but that they don't get on my bus with bombs in their shoes.

Do you really think that a dog is going to keep a terrorist from blowing up a bus? Look at all the security Israel has. I'll bet their buses don't get blown up.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Do you really think that a dog is going to keep a terrorist from blowing up a bus? Look at all the security Israel has. I'll bet their buses don't get blown up.

So what security measures would you approve of if you think the use of dogs who merely sniff the air that waifs off of a person is unacceptable? Are you suggesting that no measures need to be taken?

As long as the threat is real some measures need to be taken to protect people.
I find that the ones who complain the loudest have no real answers. Just constant sniping at reasonable precautions.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lloyd, I'm only on page three, but I have noticed your fascination with the "crotch" and "butt" sniffing comments. I can now point to more than a dozen of each.

NEWS FLASH! They will not sniff either, and you are kind of talking out your butt.

So answer the questions that were posed to you.

Where in the Koran does does it forbid touching dogs? (especially well groomed police and military ones?)

Doesn't a dog sniffing actually prevent many unnecessary searches? (I am pro state, anti federal, but you are way off here. You can say nothing to make this more than what it is; An acceptable level of security. )

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I highly doubt that being sniffed by a dog was what Benjamin Franklin meant by unnecessary security risks.

I'll admit, I don't trust a lot of the security measures the US has today. But your just crazy.

Personally, I say screw what the religious nutters say. Either deal with the pooch, or ride the bus, because it's NOT A BIG DEAL.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
While I don't give a damn if it offends them, I understand. Look, we all have a right to live on this planet, and to live that life the way we want. If that pisses off someone..So what. I am really trying HARD not to hate all Muslims, and that is no easy task. In the end they have a choice to visit here or not. I am offended that my wife would have to cover her head with a scarf if I wanted to visit them. So I don't go there. Their view of rights woman have make me want to stomp their heads in..But I won't go there.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
At least we're still safe from those Jewish and Buddhist terrorists.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm offended by burkas and those head scarfs, it is like Muslim women walk around in bondage. I don't like to deal with the anger I feel when I see this. It is like a finger tapping lightly on the side of my head, it just keeps tap tap tapping every time I see this offensive custom. Maybe if the men walked around in Burkas as well, it would be acceptable, but the men dress as they choose. I suspect most men of the western world feel the same.

Muslims don't want a dog to get near them because then they have to clean themselves before swearing their daily oath to Muhammad. Westerners don't like the way Muslims treat their women. Who do you think has a more legitimate beef?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Westerners don't like the way Muslims treat their women.

That's because Westerners don't understand it. A woman's beauty is highly prized, and therefore proportionate modesty is deemed appropriate, even by the women themselves for the most part. You wouldn't want your wife out there showing her ta-ta's would you? Well, this is how Muslims feel about a woman who shows her face, and even her eyes in some places.

I know that I've done some stupid things over women with eyes that look right into my heart and soul, or a mouth like a wet rose.

[edit on 6/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Like I said, if Muslim men would do the same to themselves, and cover themselves from head to toe, so that their manly beauty was treated just as sacredly, then I would buy the whole concept, or at least if Muslim men agreed to share in the same discomfort as their women by doing what they demand of their women, then I could understand.

My observation of Muslim men is that they are every bit as conceited as everyone else, and view themselves as being beautiful as well. If they can not stand that other men gaze upon their women ( a childish notion that shows complete lack of emotion control on my opinion ) then they should be as equally modest, and cover themselves from head to toe also.

Do you see the hypocrisy that I am pointing out here?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Do you see the hypocrisy that I am pointing out here?

I see what you are pointing out, but I don't see it as hypocritical. Women and men are different, why not embrace that fact instead of making women be just like men? Men and women are meant to compliment eachother, not strive to be the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am fully in favor of women being women, which means dressing as they choose, not as Muhammad for the 8th century dictates. If women are forced to cover themselves from head to toe, then so should the men. The men can wear masculine burkas while the women wear feminine burkas.

The muslim religion in my opinion is all about hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Wow...13 pages over what is essentially a non-story.

And such hatred and bigotry. I am really surprised no one commented on Spiteful Gods remark that muslims smell like curry and B.O.

Did i suddenly slip over into the BNP website???

I used to love ATS but when i read threads like this, with no moderator coming in to reign in the hate.....i wonder why i come here.

Deny Ignorance...lol....over what was a complete non-story (no-body demanded, no body gave in).........13 pages spouting mostly rubbish.

Kudos to those who see this story for what it is, a media propaganda piece, and to those who believe anyone has the right to complain, muslims or not.

But a huge thumbs down to those who are so ignorant, they don't even bother to stop and think for a second before they launch their attacks.

I have a dog, a lovely golden retriever. Maybe i'm not a proper muslim though eh?....what about these people?
(this was posted earlier by someone but got lost in the mess):

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

I am really surprised no one commented on Spiteful Gods remark that muslims smell like curry and B.O.

I thought it was just the ones from India.
Erm, sorry.

I am reminded of the attacks on Sikh cab drivers in New York right after 9/11, because the ignorant thought that Muslims wore turbans. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join