It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Lloyd you and I both know exactly what I am referring to, and I will not bother to get into it.

I am the stereotypical animal rescuer type (i.e. white female). I am proud of that stereotype. I did not grow up in neighborhoods where dogs were chained and abused and taught to fear humans and maybe even fought for sport, the dogs I knew as a child belonged to decent people that treated them with respect and as a result I had no cause to fear them. I have also rescued dogs that had every reason to hate humans after the abuse they suffered, yet they were grateful for the attention of a decent caring person.

The dogs are not the problem and they never have been; the ignorant people that own and breed them are the problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

By the way I'm a he
hahaha

Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Lloyd you and I both know exactly what I am referring to, and I will not bother to get into it.

Just in case U2U is still not working.. Huh? I really have no clue what you're referring to...

It's nice that you want to rescue animals, and that you came from a background where people loved and cared for their pets.. So did I.

But I must ask what does it have to do with me and my dislike of dogs ?

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh, but I have heard this straight from talking with practicing Muslims. My knowledge comes first hand. Some Muslims will admit this. We are getting way off topic here, but this has been shown to be established by the Koran. These things have been discussed here on ATS.

I agree, a large number of Muslims probably see honor killings as the terrible practice that it is.

Phoenix, I hope there is a growing voice in the Muslim world that continues to denounce terrorism and honor killings, who are willing to let their children choose what religion they want to follow. I wish that those who stand up for the Muslim religion would be more open about this, and openly admit that this is a problem with Muslim culture, because it is. I applaud Muslims willing to come forth and speak out against extremist beliefs and practices.

To get back on topic, what is so hard about recognizing that Muslims complaining about having to be submitted to bomb sniffing dogs is only stirring up trouble. We are having to go through through all this extra security because of Muslim terrorists. If any group should be willing to swallow their pride and put up with the things that everyone dislikes, Muslims should be the ones saying, I will endure this for the safety of all. If anyone should be willing to swallow their pride, and endure the additional security, it should be moderate Muslims. Where are the Muslims coming to this thread and saying, I am a Muslim, and I don't like to hear Muslims complaining about having to endure things that everyone has to endure, when Muslim extremist brought this upon everyone. I would star that and say "Thank You".

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
to rescue animals, and that you came from a background where people loved and cared for their pets.. So did I.

I do not believe for one minute you grew up around people that all "loved and cared for their dogs". They may have bred dogs, they have loved to chain dogs up, but there is NO WAY you grew up around well kept housedogs and ended up saying all dogs are dangerous, unpredicable, scroungy cowardly vicious animals.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Must admit having read some of these post...and if dogs pick up things...I am not surprised they have been bitten of given a hard time !!...

If I was a dog I would have got a piece them too!!

To tell the truth I mistrust anyone that dislikes any animal...because animals are far more truthful in how they react to humans!!

But then again I have dogs so I have my own bias....

So the upshot ..on every air terminal railway bustsstop we have some guy that questions everyone ( regardless of colour or suspicions) as they filter past!!

Are you carrying anything that you are not supposed to have?
Are you a terrorist?
Are you a lunatic that wants to take as many out ...just to make a point!!?

Sure you are going to get someone who says " Yes ...I have weapons of mass destruction on my person...its a fair cop...now arrest me and I will accept my due penance!)...happens every day I am sure!!

As embarrasing and disgusting as some people feel it is having to be in a situation with a filthy slavering dog siffing you most private parts...look at it this way...its a necessary evil...terrorists don't discriminate who they are going to atomise!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I love dogs too, but he obviously had a bad childhood experience, and that really stays with you, it is something VERY hard to get rid of. That's why he feels that way.

Same people also don't like cats because they have had bad childhood experience OR they have never owned one or gotten close to one.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

I'm sorry I'm not sure what your trying to say? Are you sure your replying to me?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I love dogs too, but he obviously had a bad childhood experience, and that really stays with you, it is something VERY hard to get rid of. That's why he feels that way.

One "bad experience" is not going to turn most kids against dogs. Most kids (that are not raised in the ghetto) beg for a puppy, and have friends and relatives that had nice family dogs, etc... They have many positive dog experiences so even if they DO have a bad dog experience they still realize not all dogs are evil. Even if they do get chomped on by a dog usually if they have been around friendly, well cared for dogs they will only harbor a fear for a dog that is similar to the one that attacked them.

Edit okay I am referring primarily to Americans here. Those from immigrant families that have never been around dogs are a different story.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I do not believe for one minute you grew up around people that all "loved and cared for their dogs". They may have bred dogs, they have loved to chain dogs up, but there is NO WAY you grew up around well kept housedogs and ended up saying all dogs are dangerous, unpredicable, scroungy cowardly vicious animals.

I'm sorry you think that Sonya. I had a dog, and he was treated like one of our family up until the time he died of old age.

His kidneys were failing and he was arthritic, so we chose to euthanize him rather than unnnecessarily prolong his life and subsequent suffering.

It's my experiences with being bit afterwards, that has made me have a very different opinion of man's best friend.

I Love cats though, if that counts. I consider them the perfect animal. They're sleek, strong, agile, and fiercely independent which I respect greatly.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I despise this attitude " I had a bad childhood experience so thats why I am the way I am!""

I had a very bad childhood ..and I got bit on the arse by a dog and had to get an injection!!

For gods sake these people should aspire to be human and get a bloody spine.....

So what if the handler is a fascist...its not the dog that you should mistrust!!...and they smell...my god ...have you had kids yet Lloyd??..they can really stink...and they can be more offensive than any smelly crotch sniffing dog!!..

I gather you are young and everything is black and white....

Like I said the grey area...yes the dog may be a real viscious bugger trained my an equally nasty fascist handler...but the fact is they are there to do a job..sniff out things that go BANG!lol destructively...not to just arrest you for nothing...the government does that...but most people now just go about their daily lives.....

So the fascistic jackbooted handler of the dog that is basically doing thier job...and maybe just catching one lunatic.. is worth ..I think the minor inconvienience of feeling a bit stressed, inconvenienced., violated and disgusted..by a fascistic crotch smelling, unclean dog...is a small price to pay for knowing that at least some steps have been taken to ensure some safety..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

One "bad experience" is not going to turn most kids against dogs. Most kids (that are not raised in the ghetto) beg for a puppy, and have friends and relatives that had nice family dogs, etc... They have many positive dog experiences so even if they DO have a bad dog experience they still realize not all dogs are evil. Even if they do get chomped on by a dog usually if they have been around friendly, well cared for dogs they will only harbor a fear for a dog that is similar to the one that attacked them.

Edit okay I am referring primarily to Americans here. Those from immigrant families that have never been around dogs are a different story.

Sonya,

Let a dog or any animal for that matter, rip the back of your thigh open bad enough to require stitches and subsequent rabies treatments, and I'll bet you'd feel differently.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Sonya,

Let a dog or any animal for that matter, rip the back of your thigh open bad enough to require stitches and aubsequent rabies treatments, and I'll bet you'd feel differently.

Tetanus jabs are usual with any animal bites, and it's just a few stitches they build character, you should thank your would be killer.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Well the term "best friend" should be a two way street. Vicious dogs are the product of cruel people, whether its through intentional bad breeding or through environment. That is great that you had a dog you loved and cared for. But if that is the case I just can't understand how you can have such a disdain for all dogs.

And for those that can read them, dogs are not unpredictable at all. Dogs are usually open book with regard to their body language an intentions. Now people on the otherhand, they are much more worrisome because unlike a dog, they will change their outward behavior to drop the defenses of others.

(I said usually because years ago I had a Doberman female that went dead quiet when she saw a threat. No barking, nothing. Barking is a way of saying "go away" and she didn't want them to go away, she wanted them to keep on coming.)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
I despise this attitude " I had a bad childhood experience so thats why I am the way I am!""

I had a very bad childhood ..and I got bit on the arse by a dog and had to get an injection!!

For gods sake these people should aspire to be human and get a bloody spine.....
Despise it all you like, but that's how I feel, and I definitely won't change because of your post.

So what if the handler is a fascist...its not the dog that you should mistrust!!...and they smell...my god ...have you had kids yet Lloyd??..they can really stink...and they can be more offensive than any smelly crotch sniffing dog!!..
I mistrust the handler and his instrument. "Yes", he's only a dog, but he;ll also tear your throat out if he is told to do so, because he lacks the faculties for informed reasoning. My kids don't stink, and you really need to keep your ignorant remarks to yourself about peoples children.

I gather you are young and everything is black and white....
Only If you consider mid-forties young..

Like I said the grey area...yes the dog may be a real viscious bugger trained my an equally nasty fascist handler...but the fact is they are there to do a job..sniff out things that go BANG!lol destructively...not to just arrest you for nothing...the government does that...but most people now just go about their daily lives..

So the fascistic jackbooted handler of the dog that is basically doing thier job...and maybe just catching one lunatic.. is worth ..I think the minor inconvienience of feeling a bit stressed, inconvenienced., violated and disgusted..by a fascistic crotch smelling, unclean dog...is a small price to pay for knowing that at least some steps have been taken to ensure some safety..
Feel free to give up all your rights if you like, then you can have that illusion of being safe from all the evil Muslim terrorist out there.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lloyd...bless.. a rare thing innocence in this world...and getting to your age sounds like a sheltered life...unless you want to prove otherwise!!
Now is all about looking after numero uno.....if you arn't packing anything...the crotch sniffing dog just makes sure no one else is!!lol

Terrorists...they are all over in the UK ..and some can just can take people en masse...and its the risk..if your going to get a hard time from the government ...a dog is the least of your worries..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Lloyd

" Morons and Tards " not a very nice way to conduct a discussion!!lol

Make the argument so you can prove your insult!!...you have only expressed a personal bias against the sniffer dogs....but at the end of the day this is a practical measure...to detect explosives !! thus save lives!!

being offended is better than being dead I think!!

Despite the savage fascistic dog handled by some sadistic meglomaniaic !!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join