It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
what's worrying is that "they" will use their "religious beliefs" as an excuse to put themselves above everyone else.

Please don't buy into everything the media says. Seriously some of these articles are actually anti-Muslim propoganda. If they were quoting Mulas from major Mosques, that would be one thing, but they are not.

Any reporter that wants to cause a stir can find someone somewhere and ask "does it bother you that you may be touched by a dog? isn't that against the sunnah?" and get the answer they want.

I didn't read that there were any organized protests, or even any major figures complaining about this. I suspect it is propoganda meant to influence the sheeple.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

again sonya,

marvelous reply!! totally agree!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Lloyd, I'm only on page three, but I have noticed your fascination with the "crotch" and "butt" sniffing comments. I can now point to more than a dozen of each.

NEWS FLASH! They will not sniff either, and you are kind of talking out your butt.

So answer the questions that were posed to you.

Where in the Koran does does it forbid touching dogs? (especially well groomed police and military ones?)

Doesn't a dog sniffing actually prevent many unnecessary searches? (I am pro state, anti federal, but you are way off here. You can say nothing to make this more than what it is; An acceptable level of security. )

Any dog will sniff your butt or your crotch, it's their nature. They sniff each others butts too, it's their way of assessing whether another animal is friend or foe, and establishing dominance. Please learn a little about dogs before shooting off your mouth.

I don't have a Koran nor have I read one. It's not simply a question of religious beliefs, but an afront to a person's privacy and dignity. If you enjoy having you butt and crotch sniffed, or your leg humped then go for it! Ask for a body cavity search while you're at it..

No, sniffing dogs don't prevent searches, they are simply a means of intimidation. The handlers know most people fear these vicious mongrels, and capitalize on the fact as they did in Abhu Ghraib.

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Any dog will sniff your butt or your crotch[/url], it's their nature. They sniff each others butts too, it's their way of assessing whether another animal is friend or foe, and establishing dominance. Please learn a little about dogs before shooting off your mouth.

Lloyd, I respect your fear of dogs and all that. But dogs do NOT sniff personal areas to decide whether one is friend or foe. Body language and other factors decide that. Sheesh dogs are not stupid, by the time you get around to intimate sniffing if they are foe you are in big trouble.

Plus honestly, I am a dog lover and have always had a pack of dogs in my home, as well as showed dogs and such. If one practices good personal hygene the sniffing of the nether regions is very rare with regard to humans. Dogs have scent glands so they do sniff other dogs to learn more about them, but humans not so much.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by LLoyd45

You are acting like a real Troll today. Had way to much coffee?

Why do you hate dogs? Are you afraid of them? Lots of people are, so it's no big deal. Dogs are clean so that excuse is silly nonsense.

I'm not being a troll, unless expressing one's opinion constitutes being a troll.. I explained why I don't like dogs, but apparently you haven't bothered to read the whole thread.

All dogs smell. Go to a person's house who allows their dog inside, and then tell me otherwise. Take a good whiff of a canine unit and tell me they don't stink. They have to practically give those K9 vehicles away at police car auctions because of the horrible odor.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45All dogs smell. Go to a person's house who allows their dog inside, and then tell me otherwise.

People smell too, all people, but you only notice it if they have a very different diet or rarely wash. You notice a scent when it is unfamiliar.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Lloyd, I respect your fear of dogs and all that. But dogs do NOT sniff personal areas to decide whether one is friend or foe. Body language and other factors decide that. Sheesh dogs are not stupid, by the time you get around to intimate sniffing if they are foe you are in big trouble.
Dogs determine who you are by smell. They lack the ability to memorize a complex list of names and faces like people. All their behavior is a conditioned response to specific stimuli. They either recognize your scent or they don't. If they don't have your scent catalogued in the deep recesses of their brain you're on their stranger list, and potential dangerous. My father-in-laws dog will bite the crap out of anyone he don't know that get's close to his master. One day somebody will shoot him I'm sure.

Plus honestly, I am a dog lover and have always had a pack of dogs in my home, as well as showed dogs and such. If one practices good personal hygene the sniffing of the nether regions is very rare with regard to humans. Dogs have scent glands so they do sniff other dogs to learn more about them, but humans not so much.

Being a dog lover Sonya, I'm sure you take real good care of your pets and bathe them frequently. Not all people do that though. Some just say, "he's a dog, and that's how he's supposed to smell.."

I hate going to homes that have dogs living inside. You walk out smelling like a dog just from sitting down on their furniture. They don't notice the smell because they're used to it. I beg to differ with you on the sniffing part. I have yet to see a dog who doesn't know me that won't go sticking his nose to my butt or crotch. It really pisses me off, and I typically tell the owner to please get him away from me.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

People smell too, all people, but you only notice it if they have a very different diet or rarely wash. You notice a scent when it is unfamiliar.

That's true. I've noticed people who have very pungent odors about them due to poor hygiene, or as you said specific diets. Fortunately though, no one has asked me to permit them to sniff my crotch.

I'm not ragging on people who like dogs. It's fine if they like them, but there are people who don't like them, and their wishes need to be respected as well.

Just about everyone I know has a dog, and that's cool with me. I simply don't go to their homes unless it's absolutely necessary. My Father-in-law kennels his if he needs my help, becaue he knows I don't like his dog.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45 Dogs determine who you are by smell. They lack the ability to memorize a complex list of names and faces like people. All their behavior is a conditioned response to specific stimuli. They either recognize your scent or they don't.

I hate going to homes that have dogs living inside. You walk out smelling like a dog just from sitting down on their furniture. They don't notice the smell because they're used to it. I beg to differ with you on the sniffing part. I have yet to see a dog who doesn't know me that won't go sticking his nose to your butt or crotch. It really pisses me off, and I typically tell the owner to please get him away from me.

Dogs rely on the sense of smell more than humans, for sure. But it is only ONE way of relating to their environment. Most dogs do have good memories, and they will base their like or fear of others on many different factors. The gender, color, size, look of a person also means a lot regarding the personal preferences (regarding strangers, most dogs are great at remembering those they are close to).

Though your attitude makes a HUGE difference in many cases. When you enter a dogs home and act nervous/afraid naturally some dogs will get a bit concerned about you, and they may start to worry about what you will do. Think of it from their perspective, if you had a bunch of people over to your house and one acted nervous, afraid and defensive you would probably wonder why? And then you may start to wonder what they would do next. Strange behavior, anti-social odd behavior will worry a lot of people and a lot of dogs.

Edit -- scratch the part about "a bunch of people" over..imagine it is ONE person...a repair guy, or whomever, and they act strange and nervous. Now imagine maybe you have other family members at the house, weaker family members. Perhaps that would give you a better idea of what a dog would feel when a strange nervous odd person invades their home.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Everyone I've ever met who did not like dog's were in reality scared of them and it was part of the phobia. Since dogs are clean and contact with them poses zero risk it is fairly obvious that anyone other than Muslims objecting is either afraid of getting caught with something
or they have an irrational fear called a phobia.
Let me clarify something for you.. I don't fear dogs, well, maybe just a little, but mostly I dislike them. They epitomize to me sneaky, cowardly animals that attack from behind. Everytime I've been bit it's been that way. If one ever bit one of my kids, it'd be dead before it got three steps.

Dogs are only clean if you clean them, most people don't! They seem to enjoy the pungent odor for some reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yes, cowardly. The dogs in that video were such cowards! haha. Most dogs that bite do so out of fear, which is why they bit from behind. The dominant dogs do not bite from behind.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Dogs rely on the sense of smell more than humans, for sure. But it is only ONE way of relating to their environment. Most dogs do have good memories, and they will base their like or fear of others on many different factors. The gender, color, size, look of a person also means a lot regarding the personal preferences (regarding strangers, most dogs are great at remembering those they are close to).

Though your attitude makes a HUGE difference in many cases. When you enter a dogs home and act nervous/afraid naturally some dogs will get a bit concerned about you, and they may start to worry about what you will do. Think of it from their perspective, if you had a bunch of people over to your house and one acted nervous, afraid and defensive you would probably wonder why? And then you may start to wonder what they would do next. Strange behavior, anti-social odd behavior will worry a lot of people and a lot of dogs.
Dogs rely on their nose for most of their sensory input, humans rely on their vision, and hearing to a lesser degree. I grant you I'm very distrustful of dogs, and I'm sure they can sense that or possibly even smell it. Maybe that's why they dislike me as well, I don't know.

I would never invite someone like that into my home. If I get the wrong vibes about someone, I stay away from them, and ask that they do the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes, cowardly. The dogs in that video were such cowards! haha. Most dogs that bite do so out of fear, which is why they bit from behind. The dominant dogs do not bite from behind.
I'll grant you those dogs were anything but cowardly, but then again they were trained and conditioned by men to be aggressive like that. It's not their instinctual behavior to act like that. Dogs are pack animals like wolves with the benefit of domestication.

Dogs like that would be great protection until they turned on you or one of your family. You can only wind an animal up so tight without repercussions.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I read just the opening thread and then posted this. If someone posted what I say, well great minds think alike comes to mind.

This is one of those things I'm damn sick and tired of hearing about. If people of different cultures want to mingle with civilized society, then they have to follow our rules. We do not have to follow the rules of their ways, they are wanting to be members of our society, remember this fact.

If one of those rules involves a sniffing dog to find drugs or explosives, then they either comply or can go the hell back to their God forsaken land and live in a tent.

It is as simple as this....

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I suspect there are some "cultural influences" in your case that make you fear dogs.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
This is one of those things I'm damn sick and tired of hearing about. If people of different cultures want to mingle with civilized society, then they have to follow our rules. We do not have to follow the rules of their ways, they are wanting to be members of our society, remember this fact.
How ethnocentric on your part.. The Middle East was the Cradle of Civilization. They were using mathematics and written languages while most of our ancestors were still barbarians. To imply they're less civilized than we are is really ridiculous.

If one of those rules involves a sniffing dog to find drugs or explosives, then they either comply or can go the hell back to their God forsaken land and live in a tent.It is as simple as this....

I'm American, and I have no intent on going anywhere because of draconian practices like the use of sniffer dogs. Accept the violations of your rights out of fear if you like, but please stop characterizing everyone who is Muslim as a terrorist or barbarian.. It's rather bigoted.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah, there is no coercion to force women to burkas and to cover their heads. You should go to this post and look at the second video, do some research on the web about the growing number of honor killings in Europe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your history of attacking the poster when you have no reasonable logic to dispute what the poster is saying is well on display throughout the thread. I would be disgusted with your constant western bashing if it wasn't so humorous in how off base it is. Oh yeah, not all Muslim nations force their women to cover themselves in burkas, like Moracco, the nation which wanted to execute a woman for allowing a child to to name a teddy bear Muhammad. Not exactly a refute saying that not all Muslim nations oppress their women and treat them like property.

I'm not sorry if my honesty offends you, you lack of willingness to see the truth equally offends me. Maybe if the facts keep getting thrown in your face, you might wake up the reality that the world has legitimate problems with the Muslim religion. The Muslim world in general, in my opinion, has a problem facing up the barbaric positions that their religion imposes on the world. Until they do, they will continue to find that they are not welcome in most places, and looked upon with suspicion. The conflict between the West and the Muslim world is not all the fault of the West, as you constantly claim. By the way, there are as many Western bashers on here as there are Muslim bashers, and you join with them often.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I suspect there are some "cultural influences" in your case that make you fear dogs.

Are you asking if I'm Muslim? The answer is "No". I'm Irish, Scot, Indian, and black by heritage. I was raised Southern Baptist.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of bomb and or drug sniffing dogs walk through the airports, and never do I see them sniffing peoples crotches. The dogs I see in the airports tend to be small dogs, beagle most often. Beagles are not an intimidating breed of dog. The dogs go along smelling peoples luggage, and only approach a person if they smell what they have been trained to seek out.

If more bomb sniffing dogs meant less security points, and less luggage searches, and faster processing, then I am all for it. No ones happy with all the changes in airport security because the what terrorists have done. Some people should know when not to complain.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Muslims are actively putting out an effort to keep dogs from sniffing them, after we are now forced to take off our shoes, and can't take liquids in containers over 2 oz, or carry a small pocket knife or nail clippers, all because of muslims.

That's a pretty brash statment there. It's not the fault of Muslims that Americans are stupid enough to believe that these measures have anything to do with safety. Taking off your shoes is psychological warfare. It says, "respect authority!" The same way that Muslims must take off their shoes before entering Mosque.

Don't blame Muslims for our own failings to stand up against fascism.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join