It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the U.S. is a joke

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

you seem fairly well educated to me, and yet you sound as though you have never been out in the real world.

i really don't share this w/ ppl too often unless i feel that it will help a person understand something. not something that i am proud of by any means.. my black mark chalked up against me.

i had never been the type to do drugs and was known for such amongst my peers, my sis' and their friends for being the "clean" but still fun one to hang out with. i was quite often the "inspiration", so to speak, for some of them who were "toking up" to quit (which, despite whether i would do it or not, still think those who turn their nose up at those who do it are idiots... bc most of those who turn their nose up don't think TWICE about what they are prescribed by their drs, which is often more harmful).

anyway, got a job as a personal secretary and literally would work sometimes 20 hours a day, get 3 or 4 hrs of sleep and have to be back up ready to work. someone offered an upper (illegal and very harmful, but the variation of that drug can be prescribed by docs) to me, and lo and behold, ms. innocent decided that just once, she'd bite.... i was hooked. i didn't decline like YOU and most would assume of someone consuming this particular upper. i not only maintained my job, but became much more effective and ended up w/ a few raises from my unsuspecting boss.

i never stole, hurt anyone (except myself), and in fact, no one ever suspected, but rather took the effect of the drug to be effects of my working so hard. the thing that woke me up to what i was doing to myself was when i looked in the mirror one morning and it hit me that being a size 4 when 5' 7" was a very dangerous place to be. i quit. just like that. i was never forced, never went to rehab (and the media has put out this idea that you CAN NOT get off this w/out rehab and i cry BS), and so on. i just did. and this is a drug that some assume ppl who are on it are just dirty filthy scums of society. i was not. yet, had i been caught w/ it and put away, THAT could have broken me and led to a less productive life than i have been able to lead since getting off.

on the other hand, i was put on hydrocodone (10's) after being in a car wreck and having a serious head injury. after 2 months of being on this, i continued to "fake" needing it because not being on it scared me. i found that a much worse addiction by far. the effects of that WERE noticed by those around me. i have pics from that one still to remind me to never let a dr prescribe me those types of drugs for pain. i went through 4 more months of getting it from different docs when i finally went to my family for help bc i just didn't want to be a slave to this any longer. getting off of that after only 6 months was MUCH WORSE than getting off of the drug that others assume is the worse of the two. the first month i went through withdrawels (i now have an understanding of what withdrawels REALLY are thanks to the drug prescribed to me) and after that another 4 months of depression i wouldn't wish on anyone.

ppl either have a good heart or bad and it is time that we start being allowed to trust ourselves to make choices, deal w/ the natural consequences of our actions, so long that we don't impose on other ppl w/ those things.

if someone steals for a drug, lock them up for that. if they rape while having a drug in their possession, arrest them for the rape. ppl that harm others for their "stuff" have that in them already.... they might not know that, but they do. i loved my drug, but never once would i have thought about hurting someone in order to get it. when i couldnt' get it, i dealth w/ the ill effects until i could get it.

we "fight" the war on drugs while ppl who are being paid w/ our tax money are stealing from our pockets, raping society, throwing innocent lives into a war that has nothing to do w/ freedom and/or terror. that to me is far worse than someone who steals a necklace from their mom to get their fix for the day. i am not saying the latter is okay, but the former is a bigger problem and affects far more of mankind than the latter does.

we seem, in this society, to lack the ability to be able to put things into perspective and prioritize what deserves more of our attention for the greater good of the population. no wonder, because we are feeding into the hype of what the media puts out... well, not all of us, thank God.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I am gonna go with lightyears on this.

All this freedom songs and someone exercises it and there is a country revolt.

At that same time, the handful of people that did not support the Iraq war was also told to get out of this country.

I had a customer standing in the office berating that if you are not supporting the Iraq war, get the hell out of the country now.

such hypocrites.

Gee, I wonder where all those people are now?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Another thing: It is perfectly ok to root for your party.

What is NOT ok is to deny any of this mess is happening, because its as obvious as the nose in your face.

I just spent 2 days in Nantucket, with relatives and friends. They are very well off, self made millionaires. They ARE and will always be hardcore Republicans.

But they to my surprise, are smart and realistic. Without me bringing up politics at all, they told me they were scared!!!!! They are fearful for their business, they are fearful for their real estate investments, and that is being aware and very realistic.

Will they root for McCain? YES!!!

Do they like the present administration? NO!!! Because they are REALISTIC AND NOT IN DENIAL.

Its ok to love your political party, but enough is enough, and luckily, people ARE waking up. Maybe not here on ATS, but they are and that includes the wealthy.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

i completely concur w/ this. this is very true. my mom (but not dad) still is glad that she voted for president bush. i don't "get on" to her about this bc she still has an understanding of all that he has been doing wrong. her only reasoning, and quite feeble imo, is that he was the better choice when considering kerry (i think we were screwed either way personally) and bc she has her religious goggles and buys into the fact that bush is a christian (which i don't doubt, no offense, just my observation) who made some serious mistakes.

her view is still warped on the president, but not her view on the atrocities going in the world.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Another thing: It is perfectly ok to root for your party.

What is NOT ok is to deny any of this mess is happening, because its as obvious as the nose in your face.

I just spent 2 days in Nantucket, with relatives and friends. They are very well off, self made millionaires. They ARE and will always be hardcore Republicans.

But they to my surprise, are smart and realistic. Without me bringing up politics at all, they told me they were scared!!!!! They are fearful for their business, they are fearful for their real estate investments, and that is being aware and very realistic.

Will they root for McCain? YES!!!

Do they like the present administration? NO!!! Because they are REALISTIC AND NOT IN DENIAL.

Its ok to love your political party, but enough is enough, and luckily, people ARE waking up. Maybe not here on ATS, but they are and that includes the wealthy.

If they are scared why do the vote for McCain. Why dont anyone see what Ron Paul is saying. Is that because they are afraid that they will loose their fortune then to. I think Ron Paul realy knows whats eating youre politics and wamt s to do something about it. Nothing gows from bad to very good in a short time.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

It has taken me quite awhile to jump on the Ron Paul bandwagon.

First i have been so jaded by politicians. how we allow these ppl to blatantly lie to us just so they can get into office and then they turn around and take this most important position and make a joke of it, it is beyond me.

Also, it never really seems to be a choice between all the candidates in the end. We are given two main choices, and even THEN, as we saw in the last election, it is obvious that we have no choice at all.

I have jumped on the Ron Paul bandwagon, but merely for the sake of doing what I can even if it is made ineffective by those higher up. However, even Ron Paul, although not something he will come right out and say, knows that his chances to get into the office of presidency is null and void.

NO, we only appear to have a choice. At some point, for any real change to take place, we, the citizens of this country are going to have think outside the box we have been placed into. I am anti war, but ya can bet your sweet arse, when it comes to preserving my rights as a human being and my right to have value placed on my life and the lives of my children, i'll fight to my death should it come to that. That's the Irish in blood in me!

edited to say: my thoughts, hopes, and prayers are that it will not have to come to that. but it has in the past and so i won't be so naive as to believe that it won't again.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You have a very valid point! If they are afraid why would they vote Republican again? Because of loyalty to their party and i respect that.
They are wrong, imo, McCain is an extension of Bush.
But still, i respect that.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

WoW this one was hard to quote. When my English aint that good.

But i Have the impression that the majorety of the people agree and support Ron and hes politics. And 70% of the american people are against the war in Irak. But the news and the other partys say that he will never become president. Its sort off telling me that its not realy the people that decides on who is to become president. It tells me that no one from the top wants to change anything, just the people but thay have no say in the mather.

So hove can any one change anything. And hove is this democresy"spelling"

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes you sort of summen this up realy nice. Its more loyalty than comensence in a way.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

WoW this one was hard to quote. When my English aint that good.

But i Have the impression that the majorety of the people agree and support Ron and hes politics. And 70% of the american people are against the war in Irak. But the news and the other partys say that he will never become president. Its sort off telling me that its not realy the people that decides on who is to become president. It tells me that no one from the top wants to change anything, just the people but thay have no say in the mather.

So hove can any one change anything. And hove is this democresy"spelling"

lol.... despite the spelling mistakes, i can understand you fine. you do well in this regard considering english doesn't seem to be your first language. actually better than most whose native language IS english.

that is why i honestly believe that as the citizens of the country, we do need to start thinking "outside the box" we are in. something can be done. something has been done in the past. when it has been tried and failed, that is only bc the ppl gave up or gave in. seems to me there are more than quite a few ppl that are ready to not give up or give in this time.

but before anything can happen, as our founding fathers said and others have said on this thread, a revolution for change must first take place in the hearts of the ppl and we still have a ways to go in that regards; although i believe it is taking place.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

I wasn't intending to post a response on any of this, but this goaded me. Education? Yeah, right. My friend got a scholarship to USC, thru running, and now can't get a job except working in a kitchen, or on the floor of a hardware store, with six kids. I have a genius level IQ, have gone to FIVE colleges but things keep happening and I am still two classes away from an AA. Presidential Directive guarantees me a job from the largest employer in the free world. But YOUR stinkin govt, not mine obviously, is ABOVE the law. The law does not apply to; lawyers, cops, judges, politicians, or fed employees. Why? Because history keeps repeating itself, and we are no longer under the US Constitution. We have the right to bear arms for this precise reason, to overthrow the tyrants. But they have been subtle, and concealed their treason, so most are unaware of reality. The only jobs I have been able to get over the last 25 years are one to four day jobs. I am on disability for a head-injury, and I can NOT get the government to do my needed dental work. I have tried now for a year. They won't cooperate. Neither will the dentists. The demeaner of people changed in the late '80s, I suspect because of the lifting of the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit. And that apparently does not mean 'rapture'. It is arrogant and stupid to assume that. But I am not personally worried about the tyranny here anymore. I am looking to the coming of Nemesis, and the Tribulation. This stuff really doesn't matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The problem with Ron Paul is that he wants to sell our nations public assets to private corporations. You really want our nation.s water supply to be controlled by corporations?

McCain is not GW, and he will be a completely different president.

Obama's ideas are worse than any of them. Obama, if elected will destroy our economy, and embroil us in a war in Africa. Obama is the biggest joke. Obama is the most like GW.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Look, Ron Paul is a great candidate on paper. But there's a reason why many didn't listen to him in the first place.

He's an unwaivering back to the past Constitutionalist-Republican and in many ways I admire that. It is the Constitution that carries my faith in America forward. It is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights that makes this country what it is today. But it wasn't built perfectly then, and it isn't perfect now. Things have to progress, and Ron Paul does not reflect a man who embraces progress.

The Ron Paul Revolution derailed not because of his message but because of his attitude while sending his message, and I'm not exactly keen on his abortion rights views, and his narrow view on stem cell research. In alot of ways Ron Paul does not actually represent a shift in Republican party politics.

But you can't agree with any candidate 100% of the time. It just isn't possible unless you're a robot. Our system isn't perfect because we aren't perfect...We often try to out do our selves and skip several key points on the way. Then finding ourselves having to retrace our steps, losing the way several times along the journey.

I think America needs to prioritize. It is foolish to think one man over another would fix what ails us, some may do better than others. But we are all still human. And all imperfect. We need to figure out once and for all what is really important to us. Is it these petty issues or our mutual belief in liberty and justice? Is it freedom to buy or freedom to chose?

America needs a good long look at the mirror.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Okay. But hove will you see the changes come! It looks like you dont like whats going on right now, but still you dont like to change anything yet. I dont get it. It looks like youre waiting for an other selution that dont exists.

I dont get that either.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

i think your post is very important and glad you posted it. confirms things i suspect, but don't have a personal experience to validate it.

however, i must point out, in my opinion, to wait on some event to make things better seems as passive and ignorant as those who believe we are okay bc they are comfortable for the moment.

i believe in God and to an extent, i believe the bible, the message of it that is, i believe the message of most religions, but don't buy the surface of any of them. the reason is that the surface of religion does two things, it either draws out the tyrants who would have their agenda or their particular belief imposed on everyone or makes one passive to their situation by waiting on some rescue to happen instead of relying on the tools we are all given in order to not allow ourselves to become slaves.

i believe that all end time prophecies of any religion are merely an intelligent observation made about how man will progress and destroy himself should he give up and/or give in to the evil and tyranny of others. so, if you want to believe that we are in the end times as many do (which i have very recently decided that i am not ready to believe it, as that would make it a self fulfilling prophecy) than you very well could be right.

which is why some of us may very well end up having to go down fighting for our rights and the rights of other human beings. i would rather leave the world w/ a clear conscience before God and humanity that I did everything I could to help preserve the value of his creation, which the pinnacle of his creation was the human being (at least on the earth).

He didn't make us to be dumbed down, that is our own doing and a lot of the thanks for that goes to religion.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You have youre head on the right sholder no boubt.

Can i ask this. Was the retaliation towarsd 9/11 done a bit to fast. Is that why the US is stuck in a stikky position political at the moment. And there is no good selution on hove to undo the actions political.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

you know, i have gone round and round w/ ppl about 9/11 only to come to this conclusion. to me the things that REALLY happened before, on, and after that day are obvious. but to continue to argue or discuss that for the moment is not where my focus is at. I KNOW and i see what has transpired as a result of that day (and very much a result of what was taking place before that day).

here is where we are now. when freedom as it was meant to be is restored in this country, than we can go over the actual events leading up to, on that, and after that day and document the truth. but until then, no matter what the truth is, it can't be "out there" as it should be. so what my beliefs are of what happened surrounding that day are null and void as far as proving a point. we are far enough away from it to assume those who are going to believe the truth and those who are going to remain ignorant has already been decided.

wake ppl up to where we are now seems to be the more important task at hand.

side note
: things were already set into motion long before the events of that day occured w/ a definate goal to be reached as a result of september 11, 2001.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The thing I find most distressing is that some members just can't seem to discuss this without violating not just the t&c of the site but simple manners as well.

I've just spent a good deal of time going through here and editing out t&c circumventions and one (what I believe) unintentional slight violation.

Here's a hint; putting these symbols !@#$%% in a word is not a t&c loop hole.

From now one I would like to see civil discussion of the issues, if I'm forced to be more stringent I will.

Please dont put me in that position because as a rule I hate slapping people with warns and deducting points and stuff, but I certainly don't have a problem doing it.

So let's get back to the discussion...america is a joke.

Well there's good and bad in every country america will come back around eventually and whatnot...

spiderj

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
reply to post by spy66

wake ppl up to where we are now seems to be the more important task at hand.

So what do you have in minde !

By spreading love and understanding you will in a period of time change peoples thoughts and lives to make a better choise. But the other side of love and understanding also prosper. I might be a bit mean now. But i see it from more then one wew point in this case.

For me it seams like the once who see the problem and have an idea of a selution dont get elected or heard. And for some reason i dont quite understand that if the people whant a change. That means there are stronger forces at work then youre votes and point of wew. Or am i wrong ?

And hove can you change something like that?

You say that you will do youre part. But will that be good inough in the long run.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

At first glance one may believe I am just trying to justify incomprehesible wrongs. However, the Bible has prophesied, long, long ago, precisely the current events. And most of the prophesy in the Bible, and there is a LOT, is about RIGHT NOW. I kept hearing about this 'Planet X' and what I was hearing didn't fit the gestalt. But I found a website thru an ad on this site, that entirely fits. The Bible prophesied an incoming STAR, and great problems at that time with weather, earthquakes, and all kinds of other bad stuff. What is just now beginning. And it has a system of Jewish feast days that are prophetic, and the actual event they foretell falls on the Feast day. Some major ones have already occured, like the birth of Christ, and his death. The star coming in, Nemesis, will be here in four years, in December. At that time, China and Russia will collaborate on destroying the most rich, and the most powerful city on earth. Many think that is the US, but it could not be; it is a city. Many think it is the Vatican. Maybe it's Washington? I don't know. The Vatican has killed many Christians over the years, and they have been hoarding a little gold. But I don't think the military might fits. In any event, you can read about this stuff on escapeallthesethings.com concerning the Feast days and the prophesies. The next event prophesied is the 'burning' of the enemies of Israel, by Israel, not the US. The Samson Option, and I'll bet they target Mecca. No more Muslim credibility. And the West Bank would be nuked by neutron bombs, so they can use it later.
I am trying to prepare best I can to prepare for this stuff not to happen until the next Jubillee, in 2061, but Nemesis is purportedly behind our sun right now, headed this way, and visible, but blocked by the sun. NASA announced this huge incoming object(dim star), but then immediately someone squelched it. There is no movie star to blow up a star. Planet X is ONE of the planets around this star, and it is purportedly inhabited by the Anachim, or the Watchers. Demons now. Nemesis is 10 times the size of Saturn. The increased solar flares are causing the 3 degree rise in global temperature, at a time when we should be heading into an ice age. Look for the gestalt.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join