It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in the U.S. is a joke

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

I have traveled elsewhere and lived in other countries and have seen the difference in what we have as to what others have. And there in lies the rub. We take for granted what we have assuming that it will always be there. And yet we increase our consumsion, increase our waste. People in other countries may not own one car,as opposed to some here with four or five in a driveway here. We wallow in a sea of disposable items ever looking for a new landfill,but never recycling,reclaiming.. Yep we have it better than most,but for how long? How long before we, as a people change our attitudes and end all the waste?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

Whoa... posts like that scares the crap out of me! If you believe in that you must be insane, sorry.

On topic:
I am not from the states... but I must say that your country have hit an ALL TIME LOW in my eyes. You have invaded two countries for no reason and are about to progress on to the third invasion (I hope not). It's interesting to think about your history... your about 200 year old (young
) nation has accomplished many great things, but also many bad things... especially in this time block.

Just my 2 cents for tonight.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Afghanistan was not no reason. We were attacked and we responded. Now Iraq is not just a mistake, it is a crime. Iran I place on the same shelf as Iraq should this criminal administration be that damned stupid. By the way, Im an immigrant living legally in the US. I have the benefit(and sometimes curse) of being able to look from the outside and vice versa. Its not as black and white as you think.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think I should clarify some. The solar flares are being caused by the huge gravity from Nemesis. As is our earthquake spike, and NASA reported that the outer planets have 'mysteriously' changed their orbits a little, like from a large incoming object, but they have no idea what...and they recently sent two rockets up to look at 'the sun'. Yeah, right. How about the incoming twin star? Which reminds me, I also heard an astronomer state that MOST stars are twin stars. So it is no surprise that we would, also. On a 3,600 year orbit, and known by human, ancient civilizations, the last time it would have been in our proximity, there was purportedly this old man who built this big boat, and put all the animals in it....

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I want to commend you on your posts of this thread(you got stars from me),especially your post about your addiction to meth(I am assuming) and hydrocodone(I can relate).I hope you are doing well now and will pray for you to stay strong.I think you should receive an 'applause' for that post,never the less I thank you for opening up and sharing a dark part of your life,I know it is hard to talk about that,even here on an internet forum,for that again,Icommend you.~JKrog

EDIT to add:I just wanted to add I think everyone should star your post about your drug addiction,it takes great courage to talk about it,and I thank you for it.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Okay I find what you have to say interesting but lets keep this thread on topic please,do not attempt to hijack the thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I stared your post in light of your use of archtype phrases. "just the facts"...pure Hollywood.

I assume the "fact" you are pointing out is your idea that people have short memories!

If we, as people, had short memories then I doubt we would still exist.

If one of my ancient ancestors had a short memory then I believe he would not have been able to recall the many plants and herbs he came across in order to make his and his tribes life a whole lot better. Yet, he did, and it was all from memory.

In boot camp they train your "memory" in order for you to survive in a battle arrangement.

Human's have very good memory. This is how they have evolved and survived.

What they choose to "remember" may be different from an expierential "memory". This is true.

I postulate that an expierential "memory" has caused the rise in DIxie Chicks sales related to the evidence of a changing political/cultural climate disapating as the Bush/Cheney chokehold on America gives way a little and everybody needed to grasp for breath.

Here come the kettle!

[edit on 27-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Oil closes above $140 and Bush decides to hang out with an oil sheik.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by justamomma

I want to commend you on your posts of this thread(you got stars from me),especially your post about your addiction to meth(I am assuming) and hydrocodone(I can relate).I hope you are doing well now and will pray for you to stay strong.I think you should receive an 'applause' for that post,never the less I thank you for opening up and sharing a dark part of your life,I know it is hard to talk about that,even here on an internet forum,for that again,Icommend you.~JKrog

EDIT to add:I just wanted to add I think everyone should star your post about your drug addiction,it takes great courage to talk about it,and I thank you for it.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by jkrog08]

hey thanks for this. there are numerous uppers that i would not feel comfortable saying on the internet due to the fact that everyone of them is illegal, but yeah, whichever one it is, it is certainly one that most ppl associate the scum of the earth with and yet there are many, even high profile ppl who are addicted.

not easy to come out with, but i have always been pretty open with it when it comes to trying to help others be aware of it.

the point was definately to say, i was an adult and i didn't harm anyone on either drug, onlyy myself. ya live and learn......... and most ppl WILL make the right choice if only they are given the choice. =)

edited to say: i am doing very well. both of these addictions were before having children. great how your own kids can give ya perspective on what's important in your life and how valuable each of us are

[edit on 27-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Might be good. Hold your friends close and your enemies closer.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Watching TOOOO many stupid sitcoms, day after day with no real alternative has taken it's toll.....the nation have realized that the lollipop was especially tailored for suckers, and the poor silly suckers, really sucked it all.

Americans are fortunate enough to not have seen other parts of the world, and their general knowledge is like a can of beans.....totally restricted, until now, they are starting to awake from their slumber.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Oil closes above $140 and Bush decides to hang out with an oil sheik.

This is why Oil is at $140 (for now)

There's no shortage, no scarcity. In fact, oil is being deliberately kept off the market to keep prices high. If supply isn't keeping up with demand then why aren't there any lines at the gas stations like there were during the '70s?

The Bush administration is colluding with their Wall Street buddies to fleece the public by inflating another bubble; this time in commodities. It's just another way of further enriching the wealthy at the expense of working people. Meanwhile the middle class continues to get hammered by soaring food and fuel costs and a steadily deteriorating standard of living.

Billions are being loaned to the banks via the Fed's "auction facilities" and are being diverted into the commodities market and driving up the prices of raw materials and oil, while pushing the world towards global recession?

Congress could end this charade in a minute by passing legislation that would close the Swaps Loophole and require steeper margin limits on oil futures, but they're probably doing everything in their power to keep the banking system from buckling beneath the weight of its own massive debts

The reason oil has skyrocketed to nearly $140 per barrel is because of speculation; rampant, "unregulated" speculation. The peak oil doom-sayers are simply confusing the issue. This is not about shortages or scarcity; it's about gaming the system to fatten the bottom line. The whole scam is being executed with excruciating precision by the same carpetbagging scoundrels who engineered the subprime fiasco; the investment bankers. The Wall Street Goliaths are using the futures market to recapitalize their flagging balance sheets after sustaining massive losses in the mortgage-backed securities boondoggle. That's the whole thing in a nutshell. Now they're on to their next swindle; distorting the futures market with humongous leveraged bets on food and oil. Speculators now account for about 70% of all benchmark crude-oil trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange, up from 37% in 2000

Demand is not out-pacing supply. That's a myth started by the people who are profiting by betting up oil futures; investment bankers. They're led by their chief defender and former G-Sax scalawag, Henry Paulson. It is forecast by the EIA that OPEC alone will have over 3Mbd of spare capacity so this would be a terrible time for global demand to take a nose dive or there are going to be a lot of idle wells…Prices will drop faster than Gravity

Commodity Futures Trading Commission has allowed unlimited speculation in these markets through a loophole. This so-called SWAPS LOOPHOLE EXEMPTS INVESTMENT BANKS LIKE GOLDMAN SACHS AND MERRILL LYNCH FROM REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS ON TRADING POSITIONS THAT ARE REQUIRED OF OTHER INVESTORS. THE LOOPHOLE ALLOWS PENSION FUNDS TO ENTER INTO A SWAP AGREEMENT WITH AN INVESTMENT BANK WHICH CAN THEN TRADE UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF THE CONTRACTS IN FUTURES MARKETS."

THE TOP FIVE USERS OF SWAP AGREEMENTS ARE INVESTMENT BANKS, FOUR OF WHICH DOMINATE SWAP DEALING IN COMMODITIES AND COMMODITIES FUTURES: Bank of America, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, HSBC North America Holdings, and Wachovia. (Spiegel Online) Since 2003, commodity index speculation has increased 1,900% from an estimated $13 billion to $260 billion invested.

The bloody footprints lead straight to Wall Street.

Speculators have now stockpiled, via the futures market, the equivalent of
1.1 billion barrels of petroleum, effectively ADDING EIGHT TIMES AS MUCH OIL TO THEIR OWN STOCKPILE AS THE UNITED STATES HAS ADDED TO THE Strategic Petroleum Reserve over the last five years

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In Americas infancy, the founding fathers envisioned a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY. The founders even said, "A republic if you can keep it." Current day US, though I do happen to think it is the greatest place to live considering all things, was never meant to be a democracy, but a republic.

A republic is where you are truly free.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

If this is the way you feel, then leave the US. Go live somewhere else. The US will be better off without you...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

I am not an American but I can empathise. I gave you a star. Hope your outlook will be better later in your life.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i'm a pissed off aussie and i believe the world is fast becoming a bad bad place.

went to court on wednesday for driving an unregistered vehicle. i watched drink driver after drink driver pass through court $300 fine, $600, $700. these people have been sprung driving under the affluence of incohol and were being issued with work licences. drink driving bad bad in australia at the moment. or so they say.

little ol' me steps up the the plate and BAM... >>> $1000 fine and a criminal conviction. yeah ive got some traffic history. but it hardly seems fair. right?
i was then branded a thief by the magistrate and told i was stealing from every decent person who does pay their registration. i was stealing the road for which they have paid for and i have not.

its a sad day when people driving blind are given leaniency over someone who obviously struggles finacially. apparently they are protecting peoples rights by taking them away.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

It's easy to get in the habit of blaming foreign counrties. Some one who would do as much research as you should be able to find a better overall cause for inflammed oil prices!!

You mention the Fed. reserve and your comments couldn't be more precise! What you fail to mention is the value of the dollar! Americans themselves are to blame, allowing unchecked spending without recourse.

Republicans act as if they were your friends, they claim democrats are ripping you when it comes to taxes, what they really want is for you to be in debt to them!! Decrease taxes, increase spending, Sounds like all the other finacially irresponsible rich people I know.

Oil is so expensive becauss they have allowed banks to rule your life. What are you if you aren't in debt and keeping up with the Jones's?

The singular reason oil is so expensive is because it' adjusted for the decrease in the value of the dollar. Don't let anyone fool you, our dollar value is worth less than ever before, it constantly gets worst. The only reason for high oil prices is that value. Anyone who tells you different is lying to you!! Peak oil, blah, blah, blah, You just bought it hook, line and sinker. Peak oil hasn't hit yet, The reality is you (most likely) elected an idiot republican who, as a group, doesn't even know you exist!! The republican elitist will eat you alive if you let them!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by azblack]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
well the aussie dollar is higher than ever yet we are also seeing the highest fuel prices....ever. is that our replublican idiot baldy mc john john. food, fuel everything. we just copped a 70% increase on premixed alcohol to lower the people's binge drinking. go figure.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What the F does the value of your dollar matter compared to how many you have?

G-d damnit just enjoy capitalism, how many people lack the brains to make money?

damnit if drugs annoy you get a scrip, I mean I could go down tomorrow say my as hurts, i feel slow, and I want to be more relaxed and get speed a muscle relaxant and hemorhoid meds in a single pill

war on drugs my ass, your just buying from pushers that suck....

deal with people who win not loose and it's all good, stop the right and wrong bs and look at reality, life is easy...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
that doesn't work for me. people are just greedy. like yourself there.
life ain't easy when the "man" uses you as a foot stool.

what you earn a year mate? how many years wages would you have to collectively save to afford a middle class home in your country?

the average home here costs more than 12 times the average yearly income.

oh wait your on the winners side with your dirty big.... up their tight little....

easy..... hhmmmppphhh!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by spearhead]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join