It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This does show the mentality of some of the troops. I personally know two troops that were in Iraq. One of them died while there and would send me emails basically saying that the whole thing was barbaric as they would just face weapons into a city all day where it was questionable if any enemies were in fact there. His opinion was that the whole Iraq war was a mistake. His family also thought so. He died though when his helicopter lost control due to a malfunction.

The second person was a guy named John that I worked with. He laughed about the Iraq experience. Made fun of the towel heads and blowing them up. He said that he was sorry his duty was up and had to be back at work. Claimed that he and friends went out on patrol to dig up some "Poo-Tang" and explained that was finding a young girl so they could gang rape her. He claimed the same experience though of just shooting into cities for no reason other than to make them look busy. But, from his description he tried to make it sound like a college frat party.

I don't know about other's experience just those two people I knew.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bmxkeeler

Forgive me, maybe you are deaf but the dog yelped as it was thrown over the cliff. If a dog can yelp when it's dead then we seriously need to look at life after death as a very real thing and use zombies as a work force.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
When I went through basic training we had to shout back to the drill sergeant after he asked our platoon what the spirit of the bayonet was...TO KILL,TO KILL,TO KILL...that is what they teach you, and against an evil enemy it is the correct answer.

However, this war is different, our brave men and women in uniform have seen horrific things, things most of us could not even imagine, their friends cut to pieces by ied's, fighting against an enemy that can blend in at any moment, imagine the mental stress of having to be on constant lookout for the enemy since anyone could be one, and of course all of the horrific things that those people do to their own...it is like fighting against the devil incarnate. It changes a soldiers mentality and one becomes cold after seeing so much insane destruction. Maybe that soldier did that to the puppy to prepare himself for killing a fellow human being! Yes it was cruel and callous, but war is hell, and people deal with it in different ways.

I think he should be punished and taken down a rank and etc, and made to attend Christian counseling where the true gospel is taught that it is wrong to kill innocent helpless things, but the army doesn't even want their own chaplains to pray in Jesus name anymore, they contribute to the harshness by disavowing the one name and in essence the teaching that can help to keep one sane in the midst of insanity. Try not to judge too harshly, as you need to walk in their shoes before you can truly know what it is like fighting a war with no clear objective other than to find and kill those who are trying to kill you.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Maybe that soldier did that to the puppy to prepare himself for killing a fellow human being! Yes it was cruel and callous, but war is hell, and people deal with it in different ways.

That was my point, after seeing so much horror maybe his brain has become accustomed to the sudden influx of endorphins and serotonin. It's said that the most extreme influx of both these chemicals is achieved by killing anothe rhuman being. In fact studies have been done showing that serial killers show little response to the levels of seretonin released by activities like sky diving.

I think he should be punished and taken down a rank and etc, and made to attend Christian counseling where the true gospel is taught that it is wrong to kill innocent helpless things, but the army doesn't even want their own chaplains to pray in Jesus name anymore, they contribute to the harshness by disavowing the one name and in essence the teaching that can help to keep one sane in the midst of insanity.

I'm sorry but that's a load of rubbish, if you can't decide whats right and wrong by yourself then religion is a poor substitude. Why exactly should he be given christian values anyway? Gnostic, wiccan, buddhist, many other religions teach that killing is wrong, why christian values seem ok to you seems ver wrong to me. What is the soldier is an atheist? Maybe he shoudl simply be reminded of the geneve convention and the articles of war and the law of his country.

Try not to judge too harshly, as you need to walk in their shoes before you can truly know what it is like fighting a war with no clear objective other than to find and kill those who are trying to kill you.

I have a very wide list of friends and one of them died about 6 months ago in Iraq. He was a good friend, one of the most honourable men i have ever known. He kept his word and i could trust him. Fromw hat he told me, he's goals were not to kill everyone. His goals were to treat the people there with the respect he recieved here and to try and relay that to them. Yes he killed those who tried to kill him, but he himself told me how much he hated the american troops. A british solider who hated the american troops and how they acted, that alone should speak volumes.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And tell me what is so wrong with the Christian faith? I didn't say religion, that is what they are fighting against...A religion that has twisted the minds of so many turning them into cold callous killing zombies longing to blow themselves to the 77 virgins awaiting them in paradise, only they will have 77 devils to torture them when they get to hell.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

My point wasn't against the christian faith, it was agains the idea that the christian faith was the only way to correct these men.

These men are well beyond any religion, th eman who threw a puppy over a cliff needs intensive pyschological evaluation.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If the guy was able to do that makes me wonder what else he might have done over there or what he's done through out his life.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Beyond religion I hope so, as i have moved well beyond religion to a true belief that promotes peace and harmony and yes even love, but that is my point he was proly never taught how you are going to give an account for every action in your life to the highest commander, and the majority aren't taught the true faith just some religious form that holds nothing but a fleeting similarity easily discarded.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Well that's the main arguement. Even the other soldier in the video says it's wrong, although he says it jokingly he seems to mean it.

This guy isn't right in the head, however maybe this happened after seeing such horrible things that his mind broke, he can't comprhend it all and things went wrong in his head.

The worrying part of it is that he's now an ambassador for america in the region. If you were in that warzone, saw a man do that, would you like the country he's from? Whilst he's only a ver small section of the army this simple action could recruit many people to the anti-american cause. Indeed it could recruit many to the anti-western cause.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts here. That is pretty hard to do, given the unpleasant subject matter. As for the video, I have seen it only once, and that is enough for me.

But it occurs to me that this guy killed the puppy and his friend video taped it as a kind of statement.

It seems to me, what this soldier was deliberately demonstrating, was that people would get upset over the death of a puppy, and yet these same people would permit the continued HUMAN carnage and pain and suffering going on in Iraq. It was a way of driving home a point.

If that was the case, it is clear he was right, based upon the amount of replies to the OP.

#

I watched a marathon of "The Dog Whisperer" tonight on National Geographic Channel -- three solid hours. I think Cesar Millan is a genius:

www.cesarmillaninc.com...

Clearly he loves dogs (as I do) but he said some pretty profound things during his show. Namely, people forget that dogs don't have any sense of time, and don't ponder their existence, or engage in any deep thought whatsoever.

We have no way of knowing whether dogs feel love, or anger, or fear that is the same as human emotions, because dogs have zero ability to engage in human conversation. We can assume that the mind of a dog works completely different from the human mind.

I offer that as some consolation, not as any justification for animal cruelty, because clearly all animals react the same way to pain. But there is a big difference between killing an animal, and killing a human.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Utter rubbish i'm afraid. Whilst dogs aren't cncious and can't recognis their mortality they can sense fear, anger and other base emotions. We call them instinct. The dog in the video yelped becuase ti was afraid, that's the response for being afraid.

If animals couldn't feel suffering we wouldn't have animal cruelty laws. As a perosn who has ha da few adopted cats who have been abused i can tell you that animals feel and know cruelty. A couple of cats i've had took me over a year to get back to trusting humans and even then they would shoot off under cover when you dropped a book on the floor or knocked a lamp over.

Animals can feel fear and other negative emotions, this poor puppy, whslt not able to understand it was about to die, felt the fwear of being dropped many feet to it's death. Whilst it would never know it was about to die i'm sure it felt fear at falling so far. The yelp alone prove that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am a USMC Sgt. If this is a real video of a Marine than I am sorry that it happened. I hope that you trust in the Marines that it will be taken care of at the correct levels in the chain of command. Trust me, we all get ours in the end, good or bad. The command in charge of the Marine will take care of the problem. Please do not let this make this a negitive issue with our military. We take care of our own. I ask for a little trust from the public in this issue.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
He was relived of duty.....what a farce and outrage this is. I saw this puppy vidoe, and contacted the marines stationed in Hawaii, they had a link wanting to hear about what the public had to say.. so i replied. I told them, they should leave him hangin from that cliff for hours, and every attempt he makes it back up, push hm back down, so he holds onto his life for as long as he can the least that should have happened.
Some were saying, it might have been a plush doll, but i guess it shows, the puppy was real: ( a full time soldier, and this is what they do, with thier time. Instead of fighting a war, thier comiiting rapes and animal abuse. What a waste of taxpayers dollars at work.
I have 3 cats, and love animals. Never was a dog person, dont like em, bt ide never ever even think of offing an animal, unless it was a life n death situation aka rabbid racoon cornering me, tiger or bear about to rip into me...
They shoulda brought him up on criminal charges and animals rights abuse.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
on this note, it literally seems, all you have to do to to escape murder and rape charges, is join the military, and youll be left off scott free...
what has happened: (

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So the puppy was already dead, and the "arfing" was added in?

I had heard that when this video was started, and see it here as well. So is everyone getting upset over nothing? I LOVE dogs, and the Corps Mascot is one. Hell, My neighbor in the barracks watched him... And if that puppy was alive, I would have IT'd the crap out of that guy...

But some of you are sick! Put to death??!! (Yeah, thats directed at you "tread on me")

In many parts of the world, dogs are pests and food...

We have Millions put to sleep each year in this country...

Where are the tears for them? Where is your activism?

Oh, thats right. All you do is YELL on the interwebby...

P.S. Where you at in Oki Marine? I was on Kinser, Thirty-worst MSSG...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That is an urban myth. The military will not take those that are charged with crimes, (unresolved) and the court system does not allow that as an option in this day and age.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This has always fascinated me about Americans.

Some hero soldier pulls over an Iraqi civilian vehicle, and beats the crap out of the driver for no reason, then shoots him in the head, and he is a hero. A BRAVE American hero killing some scum bag rag head,to support FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY and the noble American way of life..

But if some hero cop in the US pulls over an American driver, beats the crap out of him for no reason, and shoots him in the head. The cops are fascist pigs destroying freedom and democracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Didn't I just have to sit through a whole thread about how some taxi drivers wouldn't take dogs (seeing eye) because they thought them to be religiously unclean?

So if that's true, then I think that the people who saw our troops throwing puppies would like the west.

I'm ONLY making a point about YOUR perception compared to every other person in the world.

Many Americans consider a Dog to be just that.

I hate it when people who think themselves so "enlightened" that they forget that a huge majority of the world doesn't think like they do, and never will.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
War turns people into monsters if the conflict goes on long enough and the NWO wants this to go on for 100 years so the best thing we can hope for is that all these now officially psychotic soldiers will come back to America and become... Policemen

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join