It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
Big deal. It's just a frickin' dog. They get put down at animal shelters by the thousands every day. People really need to stop getting so emotional over dumb animals. If they want to evolve to our level and start keeping us as pets/slaves and killing us or eating us or whatever, fine. But until that day, we can do whatever we want to any creature on this planet.

You sick SOB
!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Yes inhumane, look up a complete definition since you don't seem to understand the full meaning of the word. And there seems to lie the problem i and many others see animals as living beings with a right to life while you see them as "things". The puppy had more than enough time to suffer immence fear as he/she was falling to his/her death. While it is true that animals may do far worse to each other, it is done for the purpose of survival (to eat, or protect themselves or their family) not for FUN.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Pakk88 Don't waste your energy getting angry with people like EverythingYouDespise. Just let him drown in his own hatred and ignorance. By being in that state, the only person he's harming, is himself.

Animals such as dogs are just as important and have every right to be treated with as much respect as any human. Your remarks are truly ignorant. Animals have saved many a man's life and one day they might even be called upon to save yours.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why not let nature decide...that is, put this marine in a pit with a full size dog(or three) and make sure the agitation level for the animals are the same as they obviously were for the marine and...sell tickets.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You people are ridiculous. Find out for yourself if it's real. Go download some sound editing program, then extract the clip from the youtube video to your program. Watch the balance of sound in the clip. The soldier on the left of the camera gets a sound balance to the left, and the man throwing the puppy has a balance to the right. The puppy's sound is directly in equilibrium for the entire duration of it's "yelping." What's this mean? It means that the sound was inserted carelessly in the video. What's that mean? The puppy doesn't actually yelp.

And for you blind radical opposition of this, murderers rarely even get the death penalty. The maximum penalty for animal cruelty is 26 weeks custody. No but you're right, he should totally be executed, he's worse than Jeffery Dahmer.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
how bout the jacka$$ artist in south america who had children find him a stray dog, then put the dog on display for a week and did not allow anyone to feed the animal so as to watch it die! He called it art and I call it animal cruelty and murder, so what if it is just an animal. Its still a life form to this world and I say that person should be made an example of. Perhaps let him be locked up in a glass cage for a week and watch him slowly wither away, only to bring him back at the very end so that he can live with the horrible experience that he caused that animal.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkahn

Even if the sound was inserted what the hell difference does it make? Seriously? I'm actually sure that the puppy did make some kind of noise considering it was tossed like that.

However, for those of you calling for his life....seriously people. This is not a capital crime. You would be no better than this guy who murdered this dog.

But your point of view is just senseless here bud. What the hell does it matter if the whimper was inserted or not? LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

although i would, even as woman, love nothing more than to kick this soldier's arse, i can't fathom wanting to EXECUTE him. i think sometimes ppl become TOO mushy and forget the importance of human life in relation to other life around him. we are the ALPHA DOG in a sense...... and although that power can be abused by ppl such as this soldier, it doesn't negate that his life IS more important than that dogs.

Honestly, you're a dumbass ma'am. I would like you to give me one convincing reason that a human life is more valuable than any other type of life on this planet. Is it because he can form words and sentences and a dog can't? Is it because he walks upright (questionable after seeing the video)? Because he posesses the capacity of self-awareness and somewhat advanced problem solving (Again, questionable)? Please, tell me why...
It's thinking like this that lead many species of animals to the brink of extinction.
It's probably thinking like this that led that fool to toss a puppy like that too...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Why not let nature decide...that is, put this marine in a pit with a full size dog(or three) and make sure the agitation level for the animals are the same as they obviously were for the marine and...sell tickets.

Amen...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

Although I understand WHY you are saying this, I simply ask you, what good will this mans life do? Killing him will simply make everyone who supported it to lose out on what life is really about. Do I think he should go unpunished? NO. Does he deserve to die? No. Did the dog deserve to die? No.

It's a terrible act but countering it with another terrible act will accomplish nothing but creating even more terrible acts. The key is to STOP the cycle not to perpetuate it.

So, calling her a dumbass is a bit extreme I think and an apology would be well received I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
reply to post by Arkahn

Even if the sound was inserted what the hell difference does it make? Seriously? I'm actually sure that the puppy did make some kind of noise considering it was tossed like that.

However, for those of you calling for his life....seriously people. This is not a capital crime. You would be no better than this guy who murdered this dog.

But your point of view is just senseless here bud. What the hell does it matter if the whimper was inserted or not? LOL

My view is not senseless, open your eyes. Since the whimper is inserted into the video, it opens the possibilities that the dog itself is not real. Why would you need to insert a sound? The poster of the video was either playing a very simple joke on you, or trying to criminalize the marine, and with so many blind sheep buying into it, succeeded. You're not doing a very good job at denying ignorance, sir.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I do not condone what this marine did. If he has any respect for himself, being booted out of the marines is a stigma that will stay with him the rest of his life. thats if it means anything to him. But playing the devils advocate, till anyone of you have been in a combat zone, put the enemy in your crosshairs and squeezed the trigger, had a buddy die in your arms or wittness him blown up. You need to walk in our shoes. I dont care how bad ass you may think you are, it changes you. Some more or different than others. He embarrassed the Corps and the U.S., and I would like to have a few minutes with him myself.

carry on citizens

Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkahn

Okay, then answer me this. You already showed that both the voices in the video were authentic because of the speakers they came from. Well, why would the guy filming say "that was mean man." The other guy replied with some aweful statement.

What? Was he throwing a rock? Into a gulley? That was mean? A stick? Do you get me on this? So, some pro, because the editing would be VERY professional because there were no glitches on the dog at all, would edit that video simply to make them look bad? Also, all of the other stuff was fake too? Throwing the incendiary into the sheep like that for no reason?

I'm sorry, you are the one that needs to wake up.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dogs on the equal balance of life has no less or more worth then humans, if he killed a puppy then he should have his one child thrown from a cliff while he watchs.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

*shakes head* i am so glad that i am not like you and can realize that there is more to a situation than what it is shown on video. it is called being rational and understanding. and yes, i value the human life more than the dog's. i have no proof other than that man is part of my species and what he is surrounded with is far more horrific than i can or want to imagine.

this is just stupid. and calling ppl names over it shows your lack of intelligence and lack of maturity. have a nice day!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He killed an animal for enjoyment. It's sad, but is a human nature thing. Most people (including me) have animals killed for them, for their enjoyment in eating them. I could be fine on a vegetarian diet, but enjoy eating meat sometimes. The animals grown for my consumption has been tortured a whole hell much longer than that little puppy.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Raabjorn]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Being a fellow Marine I think anyone who said he deserves to die is a failure to society. The DOG WAS ALREADY DEAD. Somehow a few people missed this even though it was said. He also is not an Ex-Marine. He is still a Marine and will always be a Marine, we don't have this former, ex, etc Marines. Once a Marine, always a Marine. He did deserve to be punished and he was, however it was just a dead puppy with a sound bite.
On another note most of you may not realize but we do extermination control overseas. Once a week or every couple of weeks they send military personnel out to kill dogs due to them running rabid and tearing things up, stealing things, and causing problems with the locals. Our government has authorized this and it is needed over there. I'd much rather end a dogs life then a rabid one get a hold of a small child and kill it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Guys i think it's about time you saw this user for what he is, a troll. Just look at his name, he's trying to get a reaction out of you, he finds it enjoyable. Don't even bother responding i've seen him before.

As for this marine, well i fear for his mind, torturing and killing animals in such a way isn't the act of someone in their right mind. Kiling or torturing any animal, merely for entertainment is obvioulsy wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe the puppy was a taliban...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Perhaps if he actually acted like a human, his life would be treated as such. Since he has shown he cannot, there is no reason for him to continue living.

Hate the sin not the sinner or you become full of sin yourself

Wild Dogs are considered unclean in that society, and the whole purpose of the video was to get you to hate and to accept the mentality of evil. If indeed the dog was dead than its another lie feed to the public for a reaction that those in power want to control and feed off of.

I love you all

[edit on 13-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join