It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I cannot contain myself. I was complaining to a veteran of the horrors of catching,only for a moment the YouTube video of a marine throwing a puppy over the side of a hill to its death. It almost made me ill and I thought of contacting YouTube, then the news broke tonight on Coast to Coast: The Marines have relieved the soldier of duty. And his buddy's in trouble as well.
I know that there are thousands of decent soldiers over there. The media has even had stories of some adopting dogs (and in one case bringing his beloved dog home to America) so this one sicko reflected so poorly on all of them. I hope they get the soldier some medical mental health assistance because this behavior is not an uncommon trait with the likes of Jeffery Daumer and other psycopathic serial killers.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The guys a poor excuse for a human being.Something im sure many marines would agree with.Makes me think of that city in puerto rico that had one city worker throw dogs over a bridge to thier deaths.Some actually lived and now cant walk.You dont want a dog dont buy one,you cant take care of it,think twice before you get one.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Simply getting kicked out of the Corps isn't enough.

I would like to see him executed, or at least kicked in the groin repeatedly for a few weeks.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is small potatoes compared to a video I saw some time ago of an "alleged" soldier at Abu Ghraib that shared terrible stories about what he did to prisoners. Including savage rapes of a young girl until she eventually killed herself. He explained it with a smug grin and laughter as he told the story to his friends.

This is sick and I don't mean to detract from the topic at hand but I think a puppy is the probably the least of the worries having to do with the atrocities some of the soldiers have committed.

edit: misstated where this took place

[edit on 6/13/2008 by apolluwn]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
Simply getting kicked out of the Corps isn't enough.

I would like to see him executed, or at least kicked in the groin repeatedly for a few weeks.

WWWHOOOOAA!! ok, i am a woman......... i admit to being emotionally and all that comes w/ it..... being a woman and all. definately, this is disturbing and i HATE to think of such a thing being done, but hold up a sec......... executed? a human life extinguished? over a dog?

take this however you choose........... remember that you don't know me.......... you don't know my history and you have no verification to know definatively that i hate dogs and therefore am looking at this situation from a "not caring about animals" point of view.

you can only take my word. i LOVE dogs. i DO hate cats, although i don't condone or even want to think of harm coming to them, but i DON'T LIKE THEM!! but dogs, wow!! man's (and the non materialistic woman's) best friend.......... labeled best friend FOR A REASON!!!

although i would, even as woman, love nothing more than to kick this soldier's arse, i can't fathom wanting to EXECUTE him. i think sometimes ppl become TOO mushy and forget the importance of human life in relation to other life around him. we are the ALPHA DOG in a sense...... and although that power can be abused by ppl such as this soldier, it doesn't negate that his life IS more important than that dogs.

when he kills a fellow human, than maybe you have an adequate case for execution.......... maybe. (and let's not forget the fact that he very well may have killed innocent lives along w/ all the other soldiers that are over there doing that daily....... even if passed down through orders. and so, this discussion of condemning a man for killing a dog when death of innocent lives ~ HUMAN BEINGS ~ has become the norm around him seems ridiculous)

[edit on 13-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Perhaps if he actually acted like a human, his life would be treated as such. Since he has shown he cannot, there is no reason for him to continue living.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This reminds me of another anti-American-soldier video that circulated a couple years ago, purportedly showing a group of a U.S. infantryman blasting the hell out of an "unarmed civilian" who drove up to a building and stepped out of his car. The 5 soldiers with their M4s just riddled this guy and dropped him in his tracks. And this video was being shown all over the Internet as an example of how barbaric U.S. soldiers were...

I was highly dubious about that video, too, until the soldier who actually recorded the action came forward to dispel the mean-spirited rumors. Turns out that this "civilian" had, moments earlier, run his car through a barricade a few blocks away and had driven into the heart of an ongoing firefight between U.S. soldiers and insurgents who were holed up in the building. This "unarmed civilian" was actually an insurgent himself, coming to rescue his trapped comrades. For his effort, he was gunned down, and then his buddies ran over his body as they tried to make their escape.

The entire incident was a matter of military record, and after the author of the tape came forward, the furor died down. However, before the author made himself known, the seething anti-American people out there were using the tape for their own agenda, to spread lies and hatred toward U.S. soldiers. I even ended up debating one of these hate-mongers in some other forum, cornered him (or her) with details, and that person vanished abruptly from the forum.

Anyway, my point is that there's a definite anti-American lynch mob out there on the Web who seize upon every opportunity to drag our troops through the mud. And, when there is no opportunity, they manufacture it.

Word to the wise.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

This is lunacy. Have you even been in a war? People do things that they normally wouldn't do when they are in situations that cause massive amounts of stress among other things.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
More is being said about this here (and I have no idea why this was posted on BTS)

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Anyway, I won't retype on this thread all that Ive said before, but needless to say I am disgusted.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by apolluwn

6 years U.S. Army, followed by 18 months as a private contractor.
And those people should be punished accordingly.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That's no excuse.

There are no excuses for this.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well, that really didn't answer the question...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I wasn't making an excuse. He is saying the he should be executed. I said that stress can cause people to do things they normally wouldn't do. That is not an excuse. It was stating the obvious. Stress can effect people in negative ways this certainly could have played a factor. I never said this was alright to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You have all of the information you need to know.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I just don't see why you bothered to respond to a question if you weren't going to answer it.

It's none of my business and it's for damn sure up to you if you wanted to reveal any of that which you obviously don't.

I was just curious.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Since he has shown he has no regard for innocent life, why should his be spared?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It was a dog... The guy should be punished, sure. Execution? No way. It is very sick but do you seriously think he should be executed? Or, are you just expressing that whatever he gets he deserves?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Considering psychopaths tend to start off small (aka torturing and killing animals), I'd say executing him would be doing the world a favor.

His name is fairly well known as the "puppy killer", what possible options do you see for him in life outside the service?

He screwed up, and I would be willing to bet that in civvy life, his actions will continue to follow him. Hopefully he will simply get fed up and end things himself.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
An eye for an eye I say, let's toss him off a cliff and see what the outcome is. And of course, youtube it!

I don't believe being discharged is any kind of punishment for this either, surely there some sort of charges he should face, if not under the UCMJ then civilian law ?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
it was NOT a hoax as some people have said.
If it truly WAS a hoax do you actually think the Marines would punish the guy?

It was frikken real and it was a HORRIBLE thing to watch.

That puppy was so scared it obviously knew it was in for something horrible....little eyes huge and rolling.

I will NEVER forget the sound of its yipping as it was tossed HARD into the air and was falling into the gorge.

I hope the guy actually has remorse.
I hope he is HORRIBLY HAUNTED by his own dreams......I hope the punishment fits the crime.
I hope every woman he EVER asks out learns who he is and what he's done and he is rebuffed for the rest of his life.

I live in UTAH and this state passed a law that hurting ANY animal is a FELONY.
The least the guy should be charged with is a FELONY.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join