It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text message from the future

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Could be the start of a new Alternate Reality game. Any websites with 2019 text message from the future info?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Marketing ploy I am thinking, marketers will goto any length to sell their stuff, just look at some of your emails get though the spam filters and every type of anti spam filter you setup, it's just them keeping up with technology and the best ways to abuse it.

I'd say maybe they have an insider at a mobile phone company who's the master mind.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by crackerjack]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Yeah, it's called viral marketing...curious marketing used to arouse the public...often not saying what it represents...then later you find out.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, as of now, as far as i know it is not illegal in the US to place a call using caller id spoofing, so any one with Asterisk PBX software could do so, this way you can pretend to be anyone you want or use a fake number very easily.

I think there use to be hardware that allowed the same without using a computer but i don't remember very well about that, the thing here is, how to send a TXT message with a date set on the future? that i haven't seen and i think it is either the phone company doing it or it actually comes from the future

More seriously, there could be a way if a company sells its server access to allow someone to send messages from their own servers, then it is very easy to fake the sender id or modify any info in the message, since you have control over the entire server and the software used to send the messages, or someone found a security hole in some sms server and is using it for spam or whatever else he's doing with it. Software is not that hard to break, at least for all we know, there will always be bugs and mistakes in the software and hardware we use everyday.

Kai

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
WOW,kinda' spooky ,never happened to me,but I would bet it's prolly' not from the future,who knows right?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Phone Number: 856-901-0321 Line Type: Mobile

Didn't really want to spend the $14.95 to trace the number any further than that.

Probalby not anything particularly hair raising...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Text Messages are sent vis SMS protocols.
You can google "SMS header masking" for more info.

Those protocols allow the manipulition or "Hacking" of the SMS Headers. The headers contain information like source, an time date sent. So mistakes, corruption in transit, or hacking can cause what happened to you. I am not saying this is what happened. But it is probable.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A few years back, maybe about 2001 i got blank texts having the year dated 2006. maybe there is something to it but i honestly believe its just some sort of tech malfunction. if there was anything more sinister people would be onto it by now surely.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Guess what I can send emails from the future or from the past. It's soooooooooo simple. Just go and set your computer clock to any date you wish.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It will probably be more like:

"Are you STILL paying too much for car insurance?" - timestamped 2019

That wouldn't be very comforting to think the corporate world is still so..... "boring"?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I used to recieve texts from people and realize later that according to the times to the times on my phone I got them an hour after I did. I started to check this afterwards for a while and a few of my texts, according to my phone I hadnt received them yet but I was going to in an hour, despite the fact I was reading the text.

Was spooky but I just laughed about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tybrus

i still have it. i locked it so i didn't delete it by mistake. i'll see if i can't get a pic f it after work.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That used to hapen some years ago here in Europe , as long as you put a random year in your phone , the sistem used to accept it as real, now is not possible.

sty

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I look at the good side: if the message comes from 2019 it means humans will not be extinct by 2019!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil Genius
Could be the start of a new Alternate Reality game. Any websites with 2019 text message from the future info?

Found this on Wiki...other random searches on 2019 didn't yield me a lot...

Computer and video games et in 2019:
Blade Runner (1998)
The House of the Dead III (2002)
Out Run 2019 (1993)
TimeSplitters 2 (2002) (the "Neotokyo" level)
Metal Gear Acid 2 (2006)
Crysis (2007)

Films set in 2019:
The New Barbarians aka. Warriors of the Wasteland (1982)
2019, After the Fall of New York (1983)
Akira (1988)
Blade Runner (1982), in November
The Island (2005), on 19 July until 23 July
The Running Man is set in 2019
The upcoming Terminator 4 will take place in 2019

Television series set in 2019:

Dark Angel (2000–2002): The main events of the series begin.

Futurama ("The Honking," 2000): An automotive research lab creates Project Satan from the most evil parts of the most evil cars of all-time. Project Satan's first victim was the great robot actor Calculon (back when he was a robot arm), which got infected with a computer virus that turned him into a murderous automobile similar to a werewolf.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by crackerjack

Yeah, it's called viral marketing...curious marketing used to arouse the public...often not saying what it represents...then later you find out.

yes a blank message is definately not saying...lol!

i figure they still haven't figured out how to use the teeny keyboards in 2019.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

one interesting question I saw on some techy forum was asking if some server software (maybe MS...I don't remember) only going up to 2019 when you're setting the date. there wasn't an answer that i remember looking at though :p

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Phone Number: 856-901-0321 Line Type: Mobile

Didn't really want to spend the $14.95 to trace the number any further than that.

Probalby not anything particularly hair raising...

says it's "unassigned" when you call it, so no, i wouldn't and didn't spend the money either

PSP

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Nice thread, Starred and flagged.
I have had some experience like this before, 2 years ago i got almost 5 calls aday from a unknown number that I didn't know, I was thinking somebody was stalking me because when I answered the call nobody was there.

I went to my T-mobile shop and they traced the number for me and they told me it was a server somewhere on the net that had the wrong dial service settings or something like that,
The calls where 2 years later so in 2006 i got calls from 2008, maybe this was because the times wasn't good either on the server.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This happened to me about a year ago, i received a blank message, but it was from about 4 years before my phone was made, I just chalked it up to a glitch...but it is odd, I'm no phone expert, but my phone can't send blank messages

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join