It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Making decisions for people will solve all the problems? Did it ever occur to you that people are not perfect, they never will be, not even those who would run this NWO. Even if some artificial intelligence was created to rule the people.. It is only as smart and perfect as its creators. Ever seen I Robot?

With your system, humans are no longer humans. We're merely clones of one another programmed to do seperate tasks and conform to whatever we're told to do. It's bad enough that the media and goverment today already have "programmed" us to believe or react in certain ways. We're already losing the rights that allow us simple privacies. We're losing the rights to be ourselves.. And you want to take even more of these basic human rights away?

You think telling people what and how to do, will make us equal? People will always find ways, no matter what the circumstance, to differentiate themselves from everyone else. Whether it is a job, skin color, religion, bra size or physical ability, people will find a way to be better than others. It's just a simple fact of human psyche. No amount of government control can change basic human instincts and thought processes.

Violence and crime would still exist.. How would you make laws that an entire world of different cultures and belief could follow? People won't simply lie down and welcome this NWO into existence. There would be wars, rebellion and death. I'm afraid that even with all of the weapons the governments have today, they would render useless against our population. Not because we could overtake the government, but because our lives, productivity and power are what the NWO wishes to harness. Without us, there is nothing to rule. There is no power to harness.. Killing us would only hurt them. I know many people would not go quietly into submission.. Many that would die before they let that happen.

What exactly do you like about this Utopia? The fact that you don't have to think or do anything for yourself? It would be far too easy to take your entire life and existence for granted in that Utopia. There would be nothing to differentiate worth at all. People would lose the desire to live if they knew they could only live in the ridiculously strict limits set by the government. Nobody would be able to "live" in the literal and figurative senses. I fail to see the "good" in this..

I feel sorry for you my friend. You must have had some seriously terrible experiences to warp your mind to its current state. You lack many of the basic human emotions that make us human. You need to have faith in your fellow man. As I said, we are intelligent creatures. We are only capable of what we allow ourselves to do. We are only susceptable to what we allow ourselves to be susceptable to. Not everyone is a sheep, not everyone is bad. I'm really not sure what could drive a human to believe the life you described would be better. I'll be the first to admit this world is screwed up, but there are still good things to experience. By no means are we at the point where we need someone or something to take complete control of our lives to fix the problems of society.

The world isn't as bad as you make it out to be man..Go get a hug, or watch "Pay it Forward".

"Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old"-Incubus

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was really hoping this thread was headed in a different direction. To the OP I used to think about this all the time. I have too many bad experiences with humanity to think that we are able to police ourselves. I also have lived on the fringe most of my life and had to deal with my own moral and misguided believes. I do agree that we are not as free as some people think we are but I will never totally submit my entire existence to your super computer or anyone for that matter. A police State would only do more harm than good. For those in control will essentially make a mistake and if that mistake is against anyone with intelligence than that would be a start of a revolution and the end of their world. I for one will side with the revolution!

This thread could have had some great discussions. Till it turned into video game with too many levels...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Only I know what's best for me. I'd rather be dead than be controlled the by war-mongering elite. I'll be better off exploring the afterlife, and if there is none then I'll get some damn good rest!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What's the point in living then? Actually, God should just wipe humanity out and start over from scratch. We do not deserve to be stewards of this world. The epxeriment has failed.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No thanks, I will never want to live in your idea of a world.....

It's just crap and heartless.

Although I do agree with virtual reality close to the way the matrix was, but with great choice of programs and games. Bring it on already!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you guys..

But I find all this very interesting and amusing..

No one can tell me that this isn't something "interesting" and "controversial" to talk about and debate ?

Especially since we all know, and at least agree that the NWO is going to do what I said they are going to do..

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

I don't know, you say it's our freedom that causes problems, I say it's the opposite, wherever you see great control by a goverment, too much control, you see a LOT of problems, most of it comes from the goverment themselves!!

So we can't be trusted with freewill? Doesn't that become even worse, when you have distrustful people in the goverment, using their own "freewill" to take our freewill away, isn't that worse!? the goverment using their own freewill to control our lives, who do you trust the most, yourself or strange men who want control over your life?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I just see things differently than you do..

You see this as a bad thing, and i see it as a good thing..

The NWO is not necessarily going to start wars and send people to detention camps, not unless everyone just does what their told

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It sounds to me that The Soldier of Darkness WANTS to be controlled, sadly enough. I find this very strange and wish him a speedy recovery....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

I just see things differently than you do..

You see this as a bad thing, and i see it as a good thing..

The NWO is not necessarily going to start wars and send people to detention camps, not unless everyone just does what their told

But you don't know that, THAT is why it's bad.

Who will become in control of YOUR life. These humans you say don't deserve freewill? Isn't that ironic when you practically want to give MORE freewill to certain humans, almost god like power and freewill, if freewill is bad for humans, then why do you intend to give them too much!?

Think about that?

Peace.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

People smart and powerful enough to deceive the entire world deserve that status, that is my opinion...

They aren't far off now..

The EU has been established
The NAU will be established shortly
The SAU is being established as we talk.
The African Union is also taking form.

Not much longer now

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Now if we actually had REAL GOOD people in charge of the world, people who care and love the entire planet. Then I would think about a NWO, but one with freewill, no borders, no seperation, a multicultral world? Like london? Maybe that's asking too much haha.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

People smart and powerful enough to deceive the entire world deserve that status, that is my opinion...

They aren't far off now..

The EU has been established
The NAU will be established shortly
The SAU is being established as we talk.
The African Union is also taking form.

Not much longer now

Or is it that we are dumb and unaware in general. LOL

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't know why I am stopping by here. I wanted to tell you, since common sense is lacking in some of these posts, that your "points system" is exactly the same as money.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

No...people can't steal points, they can't kill for points, they can't "buy" anything for the points they have.

Points get added for hard work and good behavior

Points get deducted for bad behavior

You are simply allowed more "freedom" and have more choice of what you wish to do with your "off" time if you have accumulated a lot of points due to hard work and good behavior.

How is that like money ?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

When was the last time you went camping?

When was the last time you made love?

Now, when do you want to be raped?

When do you want to be stuck into a dark hole prison until you die?

Light vs Dark.

We need each other to be able to claim the difference but one is the ultimate goal of nature as a whole. .

Stop wearing black and filling your vision with darkness because while you think you know what you want, you will not like the reality of it when it's here.

You'll know that while you are being raped in a prison.

b

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Heck, the NWO scenario described here almost seems like a good thing(tm) in many ways. For one, it'll drastically cut down on the ignorant, reactionary fools that post in threads like this because through regimented education, they'll have learned critical reading and reading the whole piece before spouting off yet more cliched lines that just show they didn't look the whole deal over.

Of course, this comes down to picking nits, things such as legal system/codex of laws. Will it be "all things are unlawful unless they are allowed" or "all things are legal unless declared unlawful"? theres a fine point there.

The point system is intriguing, since if theres enough oversight, one plus is that there will be much better propagation of resources as well as allocation. If vacation shave to be registered before being taken, the requisite number of workers can be guaranteed for the locations being vacationed in.

if points are non transferable, and limited in their ability to be shared. that would help a lot of things since then its not about how many points a person can accumulate from others and horde away. Extra points for needed professions too. Lets face it, doctors, scientists and educators are worth more than ditch diggers and need a little extra.

except for a few things, most of these things are already in place, but most people aren't insightful enough to see it, nor admit it to themselves.

The main problem I see if potential corruption. I'm sure this will make for a huge bureaucracy. The mix of the two always spells trouble.

You're right though, 99% of people want to just follow, and usually blindly do. I'd place the number who don't want to think at about 99.8%, so that makes it just that much easier.

So, what reality TV show do you watch?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But of course the goverment could be able to do anything with your points! Leaving you with nothing. You may ask why? Well why not? they will be able to get away with ANYTHING, they can kill your family, but nobody will be able to say or do anything, because nobody has control except your goverment.

Maybe some pervert wants cameras installed in your daughters bedroom, or why not just take her away as their personal slave for a few high up politicans fantasies. You wont be able to tell your daughter anything but, "I'm sorry I have no control, I can't stop them"

Like I said you may think it's a good idea, but one tint of corruption will be fatal to the world, because they can do anything!

Just saying...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

Because we as human beings do not deserve the freedoms we already have.

I deserve the freedoms I have. Don't you deserve the freedoms you have?

The world IS ALREADY a giant police state. However "THEY" are fighting among themselves and THAT creates the problems -- WE are only fuel to THEM.

Have you seen 'mind control protection & counter-measures for ATS folks' www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes -- the whole point of life is NOT TO HURT ANYONE and beyond that just do whatever else you want. That's the religion of 'Ahimsa' a sect of Hindu Buddhism.

That's the only law we need: nurture people as a mother nurtures a child.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

I like the way you think, you will do well in the NWO

I actually don't watch TV, my tv cable actually broke quite a while back and never had time to get it fixed, wasn't long before i realized i dont even miss or want to watch tv.

I do watch south park, family guy, robot chicken, simpsons and american dad on the net tho, can't do without those...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join