It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

If you had bothered to read my initial statements on how the NWO will run, you would have seen that i stated that no one person will be in control, and that EVERYONE would be monitored, and EVERYONE would have the points system account to them.

But then the thread kinda started getting out of hand a bit and went into a whole different direction...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

If you had bothered to read my initial statements on how the NWO will run, you would have seen that i stated that no one person will be in control, and that EVERYONE would be monitored, and EVERYONE would have the points system account to them.

But then the thread kinda started getting out of hand a bit and went into a whole different direction...

That would never work..... ever heard of corruption?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Your rants and replies are about comfort. You and others who share your ideas and ideals want to be comfortable. Sorry to break the news to you all, but life in our universe is not comfortable, nor was it meant to be.

Every technological "advance" compels change, very much in the same way nature encodes change into our DNA. You can envision a society where "weak DNA" is strained out of the mainstream of society, but you will never know what Nature is up to, what Nature intends by fits and starts, and would eventually fail or succeed in producing. There is no monitoring system observant enough or security system secure enough to contain and prevent what Nature intends. And if you think that producing "ideal" humans according to a blueprint that humans would draw up would be a solution -- if you are so ignorant and stupid to believe that such humans would be able to predict and defend from any and all known and unknown diseases and threats -- it doesn't matter how smart or dumb you are, the society you speak of will surely fail and die.

The human society you envision is fundamentally the society that we have today, except this society has built in safeguards. The one that you speak of would have those safeguards removed. Contrary to popular belief, disease is necessary. Unease is necessary. Competition, hate it or love it, is necessary. In short, anything in life that promotes change is necessary. Life is not about clever language, it is not about "winning" or "living large", it is about being able to continue. And if you cannot see the faults of your premise, you should educate yourself to the level that you would be able to understand those faults, because it is a system that would only ensure the doom of all who would participate.

Also, your little rant about too much this and too much that, is nothing but an expression of your inability to figure out and understand what bit would be most important for you. Having too much or too little amount to the same thing. No matter how much is available, you are going to have to figure out what the important bits are. Every living thing meets this challenge.

Do you believe that the Internet is responsible for the flood of information? If you do, that's the wrong answer. The Internet has only made some previously existing information more easily accessible. The Internet hardly approaches the representation of all there is to know. Furthermore, there is not one bit of information that one encounters that did not previously exist. There is only but one way to limit access and production of information, and your "utopia" would be ineffective to that challenge.

I will share another observation with you. Every time you post on an Internet forum, share in conversation with another or audience, read a book, eat an orange, apple, or some other food, you lose a bit of your uniqueness. Between the orange and yourself, there is a welcome trade-off. The society that you envision is an impossibility. Somehow a difference, however small, will grow to make all the difference in the world.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So, you still haven't answered me on why exactly you think you will have immunity to the control. Just because you think you would because "they look out for their own kind" is just total fantasy on your part. You are another ant that contributes to nothing while taking from them, are you not? What do you have to contribute to them in order for them to consider you worthy of not being under the same control that the rest of us will?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Gods man...that is where the AI super computer steps in...

It's is the AI that will monitor us at all times!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You wouldn't be a Chinese national would you? Sounds like the paragrim they are building, and which certain western leaders see as a good model.
Just who would end up ruling over your NWO? Ever hear the saying, "power corrupts and absolute power, corrupts absolutely?"
Does it take the big experiment with the whole world and all mankind to learn what our forefathers learned and passed on to us????
Give me a historian over a political scientist any day!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Because 2 years ago I was initiated into a Temple dedicated to the study of the occult, it is by invitation only.

We have some very high profile members in our Temple.

The NWO is occult, we are occult.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Please refer to the post just above yours for the answer.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Gods man...that is where the AI super computer steps in...

It's is the AI that will monitor us at all times!

LOL and who made the AI? Who designed it, who gave it the rules, and who can "change" it. Also ever heard of hackers?

I'm sorry if I appear annoying. But I do agree to a bit of the idea of a NWO, only if it is for the greater good of all mankind, WITH freewill of course.
Can't wait for vitual reality too

[edit on 27-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hey, it's just an idea...

After the AI has been programmed it will take on a mind of it's own according to the instructions programmed into it, which will be available to anyone to review.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Hey, it's just an idea...

After the AI has been programmed it will take on a mind of it's own according to the instructions programmed into it, which will be available to anyone to review.

Interesting, I would be more interested in general A.I in entertainment and daily help in peoples lives, more than goverment control, it worries me a bit in that department, but I could see it work, but would need careful design, one that should do what it should do, help us all.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Earthscum

Because 2 years ago I was initiated into a Temple dedicated to the study of the occult, it is by invitation only.

We have some very high profile members in our Temple.

The NWO is occult, we are occult.

Sounds like bad logic to me. That is equivilant to "The Bible is the word of god, therefore it is the truth". Is it not?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

LOL, I do worry about the idea of too much control over us, no freedom.

What will we feel when we instead have freedom with virtual reality, where you can feel, smell etc, a place with unlimited freedom, fly feel the g force, be an action hero, choose your virtual wife etc etc lol

I have a feeling that everyone will go to these freedom feeling virtual reality programs to "escape" from their no freedom lives, nobody will want to do anything except vritual reality, and everyone will end up fat and unhealthy, haha.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The whole point of the AI would be to monitor the population, not govern the population per say.

The AI would pick up or detect when someone is doing something they are not supposed to "once again inserted into the programming of what is and what is not allowed" and then issue a public report of what the AI has found.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The whole point of the AI would be to monitor the population, not govern the population per say.

The AI would pick up or detect when someone is doing something they are not supposed to "once again inserted into the programming of what is and what is not allowed" and then issue a public report of what the AI has found.

Don't pick your nose! Because in the future we will make picking your nose illegal! So resist!

Just kidding. But you may see my point.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

People will only be able to spend a limited amount of time in the virtual reality machines...more points, more time...

But to counter any obesity, a strict 1 hour exersize regime would be implemented and enforced on a daily basis

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

People will only be able to spend a limited amount of time in the virtual reality machines...more points, more time...

But to counter any obesity, a strict 1 hour exersize regime would be implemented and enforced on a daily basis

Ah come on thats not fun, it will take like 3 hours to make love to my virtual wife, don't tell me you can watch that and I have no choice?

And how about cameras in our houses? what do you think about that? You want to watch our private lives too?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No cameras, people will be implanted with a "brain" chip, that sends signals directly to the AI, and it can pick up any thoughts or actions that you do, but will only archive and report any misconduct on your part...

To satisfy everyone "private" VR chambers will be made available to those who wish to engage in "intercourse" with...well...a computer program...

But you will have to have a substantial amount of points for private chambers, otherwise everyone is allowed to see what you are up to...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
One of the most far fetched ideas I've ever read. And I've read a few.
Even a bad L. Run Hubbard has some good points. Unfortunately, this idea stinks so bad, I have only one thought:

Anyone who would give up his freedom for security, deserves neither.

[/rantoff]

I'm done.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Anyway it's been interesting. Gonna go sleep now, the goverment told me it's bed time
. See ya tomorrow. What time do we have to wake up?

I see a little good in your views, my hope for the future is more free, bright and happy. To me yours seems, more dark and well crappy, not much freedom, it would probably make me end up escaping to live on a deserted island, with my hacked virtual reality machine of course, no more telling me how much I get to play! lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join