It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange image of new lander photo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Everything needed for your everyday "everything is lies" conspiracy theorist.
I'm looking forward to the finding from this rover, not so much the endless threads claiming artifacts. Or men, or fairies...

Personally, I'm looking forward to the discovery of the Mar's Ice Fairies.

I find your idea of "conspiracy theorist" narrow minded. I'm a proud conspirator. But, that doesn't give you the right to lump me into a category with those that believe we're going to find "men" or "fairies" on Mars.

I would limit your derogatory remarks to specific members and avoid future bigot-like remarks toward groups that tend to be wide-spread on this site.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1freelectron
Here is one of the latest images. Not sure which direction this is in but there seems to be an object reflecting light like the other photo in question

I think this is from the other side of the lander. There are hills in the background. This could be the heat shield.

There were two large pieces jettisoned during landing -- the heat shield was jettisoned first, then the backshell/parachute after that. This photo (looking south) could be one of those items, and the photo in the OP (looking north) could be the other.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Several of the images returned thus far are interesting, but the one that I think makes me wonder the most is this one:

See the rock in the lower right corner? Something has pushed it to make a furrow in the dirt. At first I wondered if perhaps the pulse rockets could have moved it during descent, but that would have rolled the rock rather than pushed it.

I'm not saying there is anything particularly conspiratorial about this image, just find it odd.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Didn't take long, did it?

I watched the NASA Channel on my SAT....the telemetry came in at 1955 EDT to confirm a safe landing of Phoenix....(anyone know how many light-minutes away Mars is right now?? 19? 26??)

I havent read all the posts, and so I dont know if this has been answered. I do believe it is about 15 light min., because thats how long it took for the rover report of a safe touchdown to get back here!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
How many of you really believe that if there was something on these photos that the government would release it??

How many of you actually believe the first mission to mars the rover was actually a falure and that they received nothing back from it??

The pictures are great but they are not showing you the whole thing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
My gosh folks!!!

The Phoenix Lander gets down safely, snaps a few preliminary pics.....and all of a sudden you see anomolies?!?!?!

Chill out, and enjoy the fact that it landed successfully...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I do not think that it is anything to be interested in. Maybe a part of the landing gear? Remeber, these where young images and not to clear in quality. I do not think that it is an ancient building on Mars or anything like that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If NASA is purposely filtering or obfuscating even one image of content or quality, their budget should be slashed 100% next administration.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by d. duck
Several of the images returned thus far are interesting, but the one that I think makes me wonder the most is this one:

See the rock in the lower right corner? Something has pushed it to make a furrow in the dirt. At first I wondered if perhaps the pulse rockets could have moved it during descent, but that would have rolled the rock rather than pushed it.

I'm not saying there is anything particularly conspiratorial about this image, just find it odd.

I suppose the edge of one of the footpads could have partially landed on the edge of that rock and "squirted" it away from the lander horizontally, thus making that trail.

I saw a photo of one footpad. It would be interesting to see the other two.

...And I wouldn't discount the theory that the lading engines pushed the rock. I think it's possible for the rock to be slid sideways by the force of the engines without rolling the rock. And if the rock was pushed forcefully enough, its momentum could carry it beyond the place that the dust is being blown by the engines, thus leaving a trail in relatively undisturbed soil.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you internos this is the greatest aerial 3D imagery I have ever seen on Mars this tells the story and part of the history of who and what the Martonians look like from their statues, and I see their hieroglyphs, their structures, emblems, designs and headdresses plus we must not lose this aerial photo.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

This photo is so complex it will take me a while to decipher. If NASA knew what I am seeing they would jerk this photo in a heart beat, remember I see in 3D.

Rik Riley

[edit on 27-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon --

There will be no ice on the surface where Phoenix landed because the intentionally landed in an area south of the Polar cap -- a place where they are 99% sure that water-ice exists just under the soil.

If they landed on the cap (where you would see snow and ice), then the shovel would have a very difficult time digging down. And much of the surface of the cap is thought to be carbon dioxide-ice with water ice under it. This mission was designed to look for the water, not the carbon dioxide.

By all accounts, the place they landed seems perfect for Phoenix's mission.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In 2003, the 'Odyssey' orbiter, using a gamma ray spectrometer, mapped huge amounts of hydrogen in Mars upper 3 feet (1 meter) of surface.

Water is mostly hydrogen (H20)....the H is hydrogen, there are two of them to each O molecule.....

When Mars was warmer....billions of years ago, humans hadn't evolved yet...and had an atmosphere, liquid water likely existed. There is enough frozen water, on Mars....at the poles....to completely cover the planet to at least 6 meters. Of course, as on Earth, the water would fill basins....and Mars is not uniformly smooth....neither is Earth....

Mars could be a haven....once 'terraformed'...if our planet is gong through its death throes....

Point....Mars needs a stronger atmosphere, to enable liquid water to exist on the surface. There is plenty of water there, frozen, and underground, or else it would sublimate and be lost....

Ideas??? How to cause a 'greenhouse effect' on Mars????

Mars is already perfectly suited as a 'second' home to mankind....a Martian 'Sol' is about 24 hours long....its orbit around the Sun is just about twice the Earth's....Mars biggest downfall is its size...and the gravity.

Our species, if living on Mars, will change because of the lower gravity. Not immediately, of course....but in a few hundred years, several generations...there will be adaptations.

We are living in wondrous times, folks! The possibility of a human presence, on Mars, in my lifetime?? Staggering!!! in the implications.

One other thing....Mars will need an atmosphere, not only to make liquid water possible, but to protect the planet from our Sun. One advantage is, Mars is farther out....but Solar influences, at least in the 'local' area, can still be significant. The Earth still has a strong magnetic pole system....the 'dynamo' effect keeps it going, and this helps to protect us from most of the Sun's bad radiaton.

Mars may have lost that internal core, the magnetic 'shield' that keeps earth safe.

Humans will have to use technology to compensate....to protect themselves.

Friends....Mars is worth exploring, because it is a friendly place. Not now, of course.....you would not survive for two seconds if exposed on the surface....but it is a possible Haven for mankind, when technology catches up. AND....living on the Poles would be a start...less risk of Solar radiation.

cold, yes....no atmosphere? yes....

There is an old joke, maybe some of you will get it....

A guy opens a restaurant on the Moon. After several months, he finally gets a review in the local newspaper....business has been bad the whole time.

The reviewer says, "Well, the food was good, but there was no atmosphere"

Sorry, I don't get paid for this, I do it for free....OK, carry on!!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hi Internos --

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but that large color HiRISE image you posted was taken back on May 4th, before Phoenix landed -- so we would not see the back shell, parachute, and heat shield in that particular photo, not even as dots...

...or were you showing us that photo for reference?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

Thank you internos this is the greatest aerial 3D imagery I have ever seen on Mars this tells the story and part of the history of who and what the Martonians look like, their hieroglyphs, their structures, emblems, and headdresses plus we must not loose this aerial photo.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

This photo is so complex it will take me a while to decipher. If NASA knew what I am seeing they would jerk this photo in a heart beat, remember I see in 3D.

Rik Riley

[edit on 27-5-2008 by rikriley]

Are you actually saying you see "martians" in that picture, and other things? If so, I'd really appreciate if you would point these martians out to me, because I don't see them.

As for seeing in 3D, congrats, you have 2 working eyes. Anyone that has 2 eyes that work can see in 3D, it's nothing special, but good for you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here's two pictures where it looks to me (I'm not saying it's a fact) like a smudge or blur tool was used.

These both show heavy compression artifacts. But look at the areas I have arrows pointing to. I can see a perfect circle area that's a little bit more blurry that the other square compression artifacts. I've never seen a compression artifact that was a circle. Smudge or blur tools in editing software are usually circles. If you apply too much of the effect, it leaves the shape of the tool usually.

Anyone else see what I'm talking about?

EDIT: I just noticed there's actually a second one in the first image. Look below it and a little bit off to the left. Actually looks like two of them overlapping.

Originally posted by weedwhacker
My gosh folks!!!

The Phoenix Lander gets down safely, snaps a few preliminary pics.....and all of a sudden you see anomolies?!?!?!

Chill out, and enjoy the fact that it landed successfully...

People here have every right to look at these images and post about anything they may see in them that looks odd. Nobody in this thread is saying that there is in fact skulls or anything. They're only saying they THINK it looks like skulls and other things.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Hi Internos --

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but that large color HiRISE image you posted was taken back on May 4th, before Phoenix landed -- so we would not see the back shell, parachute, and heat shield in that particular photo, not even as dots...

...or were you showing us that photo for reference?

Hi, Soylent Green Is People: the part to which you are interested is at the very end of my post

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Hello. My hubby and I picked up on that one too. When enlarged it looks like it is either metal or white, standing straight up. If I knew how to post the enlargement here I would. Not even 24 hrs and already anomolous photos coming back! I can't beleive that NASA is letting us see these pics so quick!

link: www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by space cadet]
if you look at an inch below and then an inch to the left of the white object you can see a black rod sticking out of the ground....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by d. duck

It reminds me of a thread I started about the mars rocks being alive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I am seeing Humanoid statues galore male, female, children, headdresses, crowns, hieroglyphs, designs, emblems, structures, buildings, devices, other types of beings and animals. These are not the live beings I see, but I know they are down there because these images are to accurate and detailed to be ancient ruins. This is so incredible it is overwhelming this particular aerial photo.

Since I have 2 eyes and you do too and both of us can see in 3D and you say seeing in 3D is nothing special, and if people have 2 eyes they will be able to see in 3D and should find these numerous anomalies with no trouble. What I thought when seeing these incredible anomalies was that I had a special gift and so I owe you an apology.

Rik Riley

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wish people would stop making fuss over white bits on the #e quality photos.
Especialy the people picking out tiny rocks that look similar to things such as skulls when theres small rocks that would be the size of your fist next to them meaning the "skull" would be the size of a 50p peice.

Anything flat n smooth reflects light, this part of mars is icy, ive seen ice reflect light loadsa times cud be that.

I still dont get why they never record a small 360 movie and send it back? I know its sorta pointless, but it would be amazing to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join