It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange image of new lander photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
Heh, one of the guys asking questions from the media just asked about that pictures exactly.

They said they aren't certain what it is right now, but given that there was very low winds during the decent it is possible it could be the heat shield or parachute. Once they analyze some of the data they'll be able to know for sure.

They admitted to seeing it just as clearly as everybody else in the media has but since these are such low resolution pictures they took just so they could show something today. Once they get the higher res pictures back in a day or two they'll hopefully know more.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by zarlaan]

I know what they'll say.

It's a weather balloon!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
To me the white thing looks really clear compared to the rest of the area. I'd say it's part of the parachute. That's just my opinion though. It also looks like it's sticking up out of the ground though, so who knows? Hard to see much in these first images.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

A Part of a parachute that is standing straight vertically? Why would a "part" of a parachute detach from the actual chute itself. Does not look like a parachute to me at all. It can't be any rockets either, based on the fact that the Mars phoenix's 12 rockets are inside of the lander itself.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zinco100

The entire parachute aparattis separated from the lander actually....then the rockets took over to slow it down for a gentle touchdown. The heat shield was also jetissoned so could be that also.

Here's an animation of exactly what happens during entry, decent and landing.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by sensfan]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Check out the worm here ....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
there's definatly something odd about this photo

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'll bet NASA's airbrushing dept. is working overtime for the next 90 days.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Another one. Looks like a orb hovering, with shadows included, to me.

hovering orb

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
He he he... Look all over at the RIGHT hand side, then look at the bottom.. for starters.. (Nope, u are not mad

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've got an image in another thread. It's looks to be spheroid? Take a look. It's in the same photo as the OP posted.

D. Duck helped my out, but I wanted to see if anyone else had anything to add to the spheroid item. It's circled.

EDIT: SOMEONE ENHANCE FOR ME. IT'S NOT ROUND. BUT THANKS.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Quazi176]

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Quazi176]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Damn, probably pops in a anonymously post from some werido that forgot to give the link. Anyway, right at the picture, bottom. And then some..

www.nasa.gov...www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SNibbler

You posted two links to an identical image that has been posted before.

I didn't understand your post at all, sorry.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

does anyone beside me think it is odd that so many of the photos are almost completely blacked out or have portions that are blacked out, like there was something there we shouldn't see?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by narissa83

It's not strange at all.

Ths photo is composed of several shots depending on where the camera is looking. They then piece it together once the information is received.

The black areas are simply "no-data" since the camera did not take a shot of that area, yet.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
now you say about it....yes it dose seem abit odd

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

that would make some sense jenni but what is your source?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

How stupid are you.....really? Even as low-res as this pic is, it is obvious that the white, pillar-like figure in question is part of the pic. If you don't believe me...use some really cheap photo software and zoom in for yourself. If somebody did add the number "1" to the image after the initial shot, then how is that number "1" casting a shadow to the right of the image in the shot??? Must be magic....right?

And for all of you shaming people on this forum that feel the pic is a little odd....grow up! It wasn't too awful long ago that people were shamed for thinking the earth and planets rotated around the sun, rather than everything rotating around the earth. A little before that, people were shamed for not believing that the earth was flat. Grow up people...everything changes....just look at the signs around you today. Instead of gorging yourself on the spoon-fed BS that the American diet consists of today....do some research for yourself...you never know what you might find.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by narissa83

Peter Smith, the head of the Phoenix mission at the Univ. of Arizona, explained the incomplete mosaics. He said that in order to have pictures at the Sunday night news conference, they only had time to download a certain part of the whole mosaic.

I'm thinking the object is the lander's parachute draped over a small rise, thus giving the impression of "standing up".

[edit on 5/26/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i think its about to be disclosure time..
i think they are going to use phoenix to actually discover alien life forms.
which they have known existed on mars forever.. as an excuse as to why they hid everything with the other 2 vehicles.. they will say the aliens were living on the northern part of the planet..

i think we are about to see alot of interesting things.. small things at first.. they will save the big mind boggling stuff for later.. watch.. its happening as we speak.. they are planning to let the world know.. and let us all see for ourselves finally..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Any NASA spokesperson who claims that the anomaly may be heat-shield or parachute, but it is uncertain, is a liar.
Any research team would be painfully aware of the locations and appearances of their own nearly priceless equipment that just successfully made a historic acheivement.
Besides, they can view the images at much higher quality than they're published.
See ESA. They allow you to download the images at higher quality than NASA.
The fact that I'm ignored at ATS does not discourage me.

The "new" Phoenix anomaly is not new.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How would they possible know the exact location of a discarded parachute, or heat shield? Neither of the two objects has built on location devices, or any way to transmit that data. And the 2 objects were jettisoned pretty high up, so they could have drifted anywhere, depending on winds, initial trajectory, etc. Calling them liars is a bit extreme don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join