It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange image of new lander photo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MarktheSkepticUK

Mark, a star for you!!

Unbelievable, these nonsence posters!!!!

Why oh why won't they learn science????

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by MarktheSkepticUK

Mark, a star for you!!

Unbelievable, these nonsence posters!!!!

Why oh why won't they learn science????

What's your problem? You've done nothing but disrespect anyone in this thread that posted a picture since your very first post in here. I think others will agree with me on this.

The only reason you're coming into this thread is to disrespect others and it's getting old. You're acting very immature. In other posts I've seen by you, you don't act like this.

You're adding nothing useful to the thread at all. Just bashing people left and right.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarktheSkepticUK
I wish people would stop making fuss over white bits on the #e quality photos.
Especialy the people picking out tiny rocks that look similar to things such as skulls when theres small rocks that would be the size of your fist next to them meaning the "skull" would be the size of a 50p peice.

Anything flat n smooth reflects light, this part of mars is icy, ive seen ice reflect light loadsa times cud be that.

I still dont get why they never record a small 360 movie and send it back? I know its sorta pointless, but it would be amazing to see.

Mark --

With respects, I don't know how a 360 degree video pan of a static scene will be any better than a 360 degree still image of that same scene. Both will show the same information (and the still picture would probably even be more Hi-Res than the video.)

Although, I suppose watching the lander's robotic arm dig through the dirt on a video would be cool.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have discovered a enormous statue of what looks like a beautiful Female Martonian similar looking to an American Indian on Earth and I will call her MARA and near by an Egyptian looking statue with a snake above the forehead on the headdress I will call him MARKAS. I have also discovered an elaborate Aztec looking statue way to the south in photo I will name it MAZTEC. There are too many statues and anomalies to count. I also found a huge face of what looks like a domestic cat and I will call the cat, CATARA.

Folks these are vivid 3D holograms everywhere in this photo and you can take it to the bank this is beyond comprehension. There is every kind of ethnic group of human being statues you can think of in this photo. I see a giant reptilian statue I will call it REPTAR.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Many thanks to NASA for letting this photo thru this is 100% proof to me that life did exist and does exist today. Rik Riley

[edit on 27-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Looks like there is a skull in this photo.. I have marked it with a grey line.. Probably just a shadow combination.. well! good night from norway!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by skekke]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
I have discovered a enormous statue of what looks like a beautiful Female Martonian similar looking to an American Indian on Earth and I will call her MARA and near by an Egyptian looking statue with a snake above the forehead on the headdress I will call him MARKAS. I have also discovered an elaborate Aztec looking statue way to the south in photo I will name it MAZTEC. There are too many statues and anomalies to count. I also found a huge face of what looks like a domestic cat and I will call the cat, CATARA.

Folks these are vivid 3D holograms everywhere in this photo and you can take it to the bank this is beyond comprehension. There is every kind of ethnic group of human being statues you can think of in this photo. I see a giant reptilian statue I will call it REPTAR.

Many thanks to NASA for letting this photo thru this is 100% proof to me that life did exist and does exist today. Rik Riley

That link isn't working for me, there seems to be no image in it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Some pictures from Mars!.
i307.photobucket.com...
i307.photobucket.com...
s307.photobucket.com...
Hope they can explain these...! wait.. they can, as allways..

Anyway, Godspeed.

Mr X.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great thread..
But this mission is gonna be a little bit boring. If i understand well this vehicle can't drive ?Or can this craft jump his way on the sands?
And i have also a question for the experts here on ATS whats that haze on the horizon?
And why is it that that the mars phoenix lander can slow down speed by entry with the parachute 's do parachute's also function well at almos 1% of oxygen as on earth? or do parachute not need oxygen to open?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
or do parachute not need oxygen to open?

Yup it will be boring..
Nope it can't drive or 'hop' (Not unless the Secret Astronaut corps refills its fuel tanks

Nope parachutes do not need Oxygen to work only ATMOSPHERE

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Color Image of Phoenix Lander on Mars Surface

The butterfly-like object in this picture is NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander, as seen from above by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
Image credit: NASA/JPL-Calech/University of Arizona
www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How cute!!!

More red rock with no ice and snow...

Thanks hadn't seen this one yet

Now we know for sure it's on Mars...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm usually a day late and a buck short but Fox News just showed pictures and one was of the white object that was quite clear and I can't imagine what it could be. I wonder why Bill Nye made no reference to it and Fox said nothing?

It flashed pretty fast I would have really liked to had the opportunity to look at it for a longer period. Any ideas/ did anyone see? Between 6:05 and 6:10 give or take EST.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Zorgon --

There will be no ice on the surface where Phoenix landed because the intentionally landed in an area south of the Polar cap -- a place where they are 99% sure that water-ice exists just under the soil.

Well I don't doubt that really and this will be a boring mission from our point of view... unless they do stir up a microbe or two...

but NASA scientists 99% sure of anything?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Try picasa2 photo software, its good for close ups, when you download your pictures to your picture files, and open picasa2 clic on picture clic review theres a slid button on the lower right for enlarging areas the on the pictures.
peace

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
cold, yes....no atmosphere? yes....

For a self claimed 'pilot' you seem to spend a lot of time trying to come off as a planetary scientist

Is it still your 'expert' opinion that there is no atmosphere on Mars? Because if that was true, why would NASA use a parachute to slow descent on Mars? Or did NASA invent a parachute that requires no air to create drag?

Jokes aside... perhaps you could share with us you Space background that allows you to make such absolute assertions in your post?

Thanks for your post...

Sorry, I don't get paid for this, I do it for free....OK, carry on!!!

Well there is an old saying... "You get what you pay for"

:shk:

Now where did I put that iggy button

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A short update ...

PSP_008585_2915

Full res

MRO's HiRISE camera acquired this image of the Phoenix landing site 11 hours after landing.

Observation PSP_008585_2915 shows three probable objects from the Phoenix Lander Mission that were later confirmed on the subsequent HiRISE observation acquired 22 hours after landing. The observation was the first opportunity for HiRISE to image the Lander surface but the viewing conditions were less than ideal. The observation was acquired on the descending node of the MRO orbit in the nighttime, when the arctic sun was only 12 degrees above the horizon to the northeast. North is about 7 degrees to the left of straight up in this image

The subsequent observation, PSP_008591_2485, was acquired in the daytime, about 3 p.m., with the sun higher in the sky and to the southwest and with these more favorable viewing conditions, our initial interpretations were confirmed.

The parachute (lower right) is easy to identify because it is especially bright, although we didn't see a distinct backshell in this observation. The double dark marking at upper right seemed most consistent with disturbance of the ground from impact and bouncing of the heat shield, which fell from a height of about 10 km. The last object (upper left) appeared to be about the right size and height for the lander, and with dark objects on each side (to the east and west) consistent with the dark solar arrays.

PSP_008591_2485

The HiRISE camera has acquired this image of the Phoenix landing site 22 hours after landing. (A full version without the inserts is available here.

The image shows 3 unusual features, which were not present in the earlier HiRISE image PSP_007853_2485. We expect to find 3 main pieces of hardware: the parachute attached to the backshell, the heat shield, and the lander itself.

The parachute is easy to identify because it is especially bright, although we didn't see a distinct backshell in this observation. The double dark marking we see seems most consistent with disturbance of the ground from impact and bouncing of the heat shield, which fell from a height of about 13 kilometers. The last object appeared to be about the right size and height for the lander, and with dark objects on each side (to the east and west) consistent with the dark solar arrays. Indeed, PSP_008591_2485 revealed this analysis to be correct.

This image was acquired on the ascending node of the orbit making it about 3 p.m. local time on the surface. The rest of the HiRISE observation shows a cloud free day for Phoenix Lander operations.

[edit on 27/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

Originally posted by rikriley

That link isn't working for me, there seems to be no image in it.

Now try the aerial photo this should take you right to it. I stretch the image where I am better able to see the anomalies. Rik Riley

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why are the images of the lander terrible? When will the high resolution pictures be released? It looks like these images were snapped by a cellphone camera.

-No color (usually)
-low image size
-Ground looks like cheese

What on Earth is going on with NASA?

After investigating further I came to this (small) image

if this is Mars, its showing white capped mountains! If the lander was looking for water, why didn't it go to these mountains?

There's blue there too... Does it mean there is water? What would make this blue colour then?

[edit on 27-5-2008 by star in a jar]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join