It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Atheists...Atheists?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

A being capable of all this creation would not do things this way.

I think that is is perhaps jumping to conclusions. If it is one thing that I know about God - he is very logical, after all he is the author of science.

It makes perfect sense that we would have a lot in common with animals. Like having some of the same genetic make-up as a porpoise, a banana, and a monkey. If a thing works for one, why not use the same principal for another species? I see the logic in that and don't have to carry it further and then believe that they are my relatives!

When giving you the percentages earlier, I was actually asking you to do that with my experience. I'm sorry, I probably was not clear.

P.S. I enjoy talking with you for we can actually have a civil discussion!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Some one once told me the following about God

If i am wrong and there is no God ive made a small error

but if you are wrong and there is God you have made a grave mistake.

Yeah, like Einstein who said:

"I would rather believe in a God and be wrong, than not believe in a God and be wrong."

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Actually, Con , I was using healthy shame. I was direct with you, not passive aggressive.

We will avoid each other from here on out, and avoid the tit for tat syndrome!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cpjason

I think Atheism goes hand in hand with higher Intelligence. I have a very high IQ and I am an Atheist. I am an Atheist because I have studied religion extensively and I have no proof that GOD exists. It is as simple as that. I look at believing in GOD in the same way that I look at believing in the boogey man or the tooth fairy.

Then you fit the; Atheist through academia, profile.

It is ironic that academics believe that they are the most intelligent creatures alive. It is also ironic that many of us who do believe in God (including Einstein) also have really high IQ's. The way intelligence is measured is how high one's level of abstract reasoning is. Not necessarily just by IQ. There is also EQ., the combination of both; can determine how high a person's abstract reasoning abilities are.

Probably the highest form of abstract reasoning is the study of human behavior. It is the most complex. Which of course illustrates a big divide between us and the animal kingdom.

A measuring tool that can be useful in actually sensing how bright a person truly is: how much is the information the person relays is; memorized, or invented? There are those I note, who are good at relaying information and seem very bright, but in actuality are just quoting someone else's brilliance, or formula, but they themselves, cannot originate the formula or a thought process.

Another tool: are the brightest and most intellectual originators of thought - in a box, along with millions of others? Many of the most brilliant of scientists are changing their tune regarding their position on God. I have met some of them! I live in an area that is inundated with some of the most brilliant minds in science. Some of the brightest are questioning, while the borg (lesser scientists and lab techs) are the most staunch of atheists.

Cannot the borg exist in many forms, and in many aspects of society? I have known just as many ignorant atheists as I have religionists. Some atheists and religious cannot think beyond a tack. It is very easy if someone has high abstract reasoning to talk "above" someones head. I would not label one group as more intelligent than the other, as both are in a tight, heavy lidded, box!

Question anything that is supported by the masses. Atheism is just another religion! Different religion, different God, but same box!

I found the exact quote:

"It's better to live as though there were a God and find out there isn't one, than the other way around! -Einstein

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I never said the universe was God. New age nonsense.

Yeah you did as will be shown below.

originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
You are attempting to make everything God and everyone ruled by God.

originally posted by Bigwhammy
I'm not attempting to make it that way. It is that way

Why you received stars for your irrational and inapllicable post can only be a result of the common illogical religious harlots throughtlessly rallying around one another. Like drunkened babboons banging their chests and flaring their teeth, patting each other on the back not realizing that they have spikes in their palms. They're not following the discussion we're having, they're just giving stars essentially because you say "God". But these stars mean nothing to me anyway. Just an observation.

Everything is not only God (everything can only be the universe) and everything is not ruled only by God. You're clearly a mindless fanatic on a rampage. Stop and think.

The universe is neither good nor evil.

It is both good and evil when perceived through morality, and neither when perceived through neither and not limited to only. And if the universe is only neither good or evil then your God doesn't fit into it. Check-Mate.

That's pure silliness as well. Things are not moral - only people. Is a knife immoral if I use it to rob someone? No, but I am.

Yeah you are, and you're part of the universe and so is your moral perception, therefore rendering the universe, by your perceptive definition, the ability to be immoral through people.

God created the universe - he completely transcends it.

So did the flying Spaghetti Monster. You just can't find him because on a Golden plate behind the pearly gates of Parmesian. But he did it, I assure you.

Go read a physics book; energy can neither be created nor can it be destroyed. There was no "creation" of the universe. It always has been and always will be, just like your God.

You're too hung up on the creation.

For your liking because you can't convert me to your non-sensical jibberish.

Its just a thing so you think of yourself that way. Unfortunate because you are so much more than that.

Nope, I'm really not. I'm generally a thing. I'm a Human Being. A homo-sapien, etc. etc. But nothing beyond the material.

Just because God is sovereign over all things doesn't mean he approves of all things- he allows evil - but he does not endorse it. And there will be a day of reckoning.

It's Satan that is sovereign over all things, he just allows good, but he does not endorse it. And there will be a night of reckoning

Human consciousness is much much more than that. Explain why music is beautiful in terms of "instinctual survival". We do have a soul. We are much more than animals.

No, Human consciousness is not more then that. It is simply an action and a reaction of environment. Just as you are only a reaction of the internet and electricity, and this conversation. Some people don't like music, some people are deaf, some people like classical and some people like death metal. Different vibrations effect the body differently, people enjoy different vibrations and enjoy the differently. Our soul is our body and our mind, the energy of our body, right now and right here. Our soul is the person that we are.

Ok, You designed his teeth to bite through meat? You engineered his bones so he could run well?

You're having trouble following the convo again. We were talking about morality. Not my dog's biological evolution. My dog will be a result of what I teach or fail to teach it, morally.

You made him the breed he is and you endowed that specific breed with it's characteristics? Well you being the whole universe and all, I guess you probably do believe you can do that too. You should open a pet store.

Here you go blaspheming me because you're angry. Expected, typical religious response. I have already stated that I am a part of the universe, as are you and everyone and everything else. Aggregated we are the universe. The universe is not whole, it is eternal.

Sure, I could create an animal. It's scientifically feasible. Catch up man, it's the 21st century. The evolution of the planet Earth and the species of dog along with other un-named and currently unknown events caused my dog to be the way that it is.

So you are saying belief in eternity with God is instinctual then?

No, but knowledge is transcendent, thus we could postulate that it is instinctual. Energy is eternal, spending eternity as and with the universe is fact.

Hmmm, how did that instinct get programmed in by natural selection?

Though you are trying to stifle me with still more religious satire, I'll explain. Shortly.

I am a result of eternal cause and effect.

In the future please try and follow the conversations more and recognize what you're saying. It gets boring talking to a brainless body.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
mmm I thought I might get a more specific answer than the old "because I said so" kind of thing.

As I said. The universe is both moral and immoral, it is both good and evil, and it can also be viewed as neither.

so does that mean what you learn from the universe you dont believe or you don't choose to believe it but believe it anyway?

I don't believe people's blatant lies and calculable mistakes. Everything else is true.

oh you must be talking about whammy and I. Well you are right, in fact, you haven't really told me a thing.

I really have told you a thing. You're just being immature and incorrect. We've been having this conversation for a couple pages now. I've definitely told you a thing. Your semantics are not even up to par, neither of you.

Ya know, if you just said it's none of my business, it would have been a lot easier.

But I didn't. Did I? Stop making this hard on yourself.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I refute your theory quite easily with one experiment. I'm going to chop of your toe an grind it in a meat grinder and we'll see what effect that has on the universe.

It will have the effects that his right big toe likes.

With that, I respectfully bow out, the level of desperation from the atheists has grown a little sad for me now.

Desparation, go look at some of your posts. You obviously don't have a first hand clue about science.

As stated earlier, attempting to teach a religious fanatic void of scientific knowledge about physics is like presenting a 400 page text of sociology to an ant.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Conspiriology

Actually, Con , I was using healthy shame. I was direct with you, not passive aggressive.

We will avoid each other from here on out, and avoid the tit for tat syndrome!

WE? I'm sorry Matrix but you don't speak for me whether you call it toxic shame healthy or not I couldn't care less and YES YOU ARE passive aggressive and not direct. You want to know what direct is you are getting that from me. When I ask a question of you have always answered with another question never answering mine.

You were the one who suggested I couldn't handle anyone with another opinion and I am still here in spite of your ridicule direct or indirect I know when I am being insulted when I see it.

Seems to me Matrix, it is YOU that can't handle being confronted for your so called spirituality and when yoou are under scrutiny your defense is to make ad-hom attacks,.

Direct enough for you?

No sugar, just Salt

- Con

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wish to add my thought is on this subject matter. First off I wish to say that I am not an atheist. I am a christian. I believe in God and that Jesus Christ is the Way. I strongly disagree with religion. Religion and Believing in God are not the same thing. I have been victimized by religion and see it as more harmful than good. I can understand why people stop believing in God due to the throwing out religion. Although I do not agree with doing that. I have seen too much to deny the existence of God. I have seen things and experienced things that cannot be explained in the earthly realms as of yet.

I wish to address the four different causes of people becoming atheist from the OP. Atheist through traumatic events is one of the more common that I have run across. They also seem to be very angry. I can only recall knowing one atheist who didn't have a chip on their shoulder. Their anger always amazes me. I think it is done because of their grief and pride. It is almost as if they start grieving, get stuck on the anger phase. Then direct the anger of their grief towards God. I seriously wonder if they really believe it or are they just trying to get even with God because they felt pain.

Because of the traumatic events it is easier to have compassion on them. Taking into consideration that they try to attack you for not following them. I often times wonder if they feel guilt in their grief and their pride prohibits them from moving past the anger, guilt and/or grief.

Atheist through academia is one of the more logical atheist systems. However I still strongly disagree with that route. Here is why, they can scientifically explain how the miracles of the 10 commandments worked. They can scientifically explain the visions from God and the parting of the waters. Which the science on visions from God is inherently false. In which I will explain in just a second. The one thing they cannot explain is how the so-called random hallucinations was accurate on every single miracle and the exact timing of the parting of the waters was accurate.

I said I would explain why the science of hallucinations is wrong. Here is the explanation. As humans we only use two percent of our brains. Brain chemistry is to the human body as transmission fluid is to a car. When the brain chemistry gets displaced it causes a chemical imbalance. That can cause multiple events. Seeing the future, the past, the present time in a different part of the world, so called hallucinations. The human brain chemistry holds the key to finding scientific proof of God.

This is a known fact, however it is suppressed by the upper level people in the scientific community. To aid in the spread of Atheism. All part of the NWO's conspiracy to destroy Christianity and Humanity. When the brain chemicals touch different parts of the brain, different effects happen. Even to the point of causing people to see different dimensions along with communing with demons, satan, angels, or even God himself.

Moving on to the last reason. People who stop believing in god through hedonism. Is like the person who believes if they jump off a roof they will not fall. Or the person who believes, that they can drink all the beer in a bar and not get drunk. The route through hedonism is the least logical, and rarest form. It's like someone believing they could crash their car into a tree and nothing would happen. No scratches, no damage to the car and themselves.

I just wish to add one last comment in and then I shall end my response. "The New World Order wants to destroy not only humanity while taking over the world. They want to destroy Christianity as well. They have done this through religion by taking over and controlling the church groups. They did a large part via Christian Media Sources. The spread of atheism was just a small part of their plan to destroy Christianity."

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR

Originally posted by realshanti

Originally posted by realshanti
Mathematics is the language of science - in fact I would go so far to say that it appears to be the language of the universe(s).....

DNA also appears to be a "code" - another form of language....

Are the principles of mathematics inventions of the human mind alone or based on observations of the natural world "discovered" through experimentation?
If the latter is true then it begs the question....if mathematics is the language of the universe then WHO or WHAT is speaking?....

This is a question that has been asked by some of the greatest minds in the world...

Does a program invent itself or does it need a programmer?s

Okay no answers for me yet from the atheist side -hmmmm....is the question too hard?

my answer is that there is indeed a "programmer" - a meta- programmer ....Language comes from intelligence, an intelligence in fact that preceded the human brain because mathematics as stated before is the language of the universe...and that intelligence is GOD....or as the Greeks liked to call HIM - the unknown GOD...

Even Hawkings has had to admit that the randomness theory holds no water as the random factors of time required to produce a universe this ordered and complex would be so astronomical that it would exceed the age of the universe itself...or has someone pointed that out already?

feel free to chime in...

How long did it take us as a species to start to recognise maths??? Alot longer than 6000 years....Which in it's self rubbishes the claims of the bible.

causation presupposes both existence and time

A 'God' may well exist but no way are the claims of The Torah, Bible, Koran the true definitions and will of this entity. Even Hawkings justifies that and you seem to be leaning towards it with your point...

The randomness of the events and time frame they take place in x the complexity of everything around us

Certainely doesn't justify religion in anyway.

thanks for wading in
Its a fascinating question isn't it? And yes I agree it took humans a while to develop mathematical skills although the oldest known civilizations had astronomical understanding, geometry, architecture and so forth so where and when the ability developed will be forever shrouded in the mists of time ad open to speculation - By the way the Bible doesn't claim a time frame for the age of the universe,.......but no worries - I don't make a claim for the age of the universe either but its certainly older than 6000 years

I think what some folks get stuck on is the behavior of some people who say they are "religious" as well as the historical role of religion in the promotion of war and suffering and while this is true, because it made up of humans with different aims and motive, it has also been a force for great good - religion is NOT GOD however and that is my point....That is Einsteins point ...and certainly that was exemplified by Jesus since HE went up against the most religious of the religious during HIS sojourn on Planet Crazed in order that people might be freed of the tyranny of law.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Now the thing is, you have not refuted my theory at all. My right big toe still exists, and so does the universe. In any case, supposedly the Romans killed your god, so what difference would it make, by your own logic? Could my toe not be ressurected or ascend to rule from heaven?

Now, you say that morals are built into people by God. How about we take a few million babies and isolate them. Give them no human contact, besides eachother. Make sure they have food, given to them remotely or accessible to be gathered.

What kind of society will they develop? Will they have language? How "moral" will they be?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Pure sophistry and ad hominem attacks. Typical. Example...

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I never said the universe was God. New age nonsense.

Yeah you did as will be shown below.

You accused me of saying the universe was God. You just tried to prove I did by quoting me saying "It is that way" in reply to "the universe is ruled by God". That's called dishonest.

"Universe is God" =/= "Universe is ruled by God."

Why you received stars for your irrational and inapllicable post can only be a result of the common illogical religious harlots throughtlessly rallying around one another. Like drunkened babboons banging their chests and flaring their teeth, patting each other on the back not realizing that they have spikes in their palms. They're not following the discussion we're having, they're just giving stars essentially because you say "God". But these stars mean nothing to me anyway. Just an observation.

I received stars because I won the debate on those points. Stop whining nobody likes a sore loser. I am not resorting to pure fiction like you are. You are proven wrong over and over and just slither to a new lie.

Everything is not only God (everything can only be the universe) and everything is not ruled only by God. You're clearly a mindless fanatic on a rampage. Stop and think.

Pantheism? sorry more of your fairy tale fantasy world. You are clearly a new age dreamer.

It is both good and evil when perceived through morality, and neither when perceived through neither and not limited to only. And if the universe is only neither good or evil then your God doesn't fit into it. Check-Mate.

Check mate? Because you driveled some meaningless new age crap? Things are neither good or evil. By your silly system of thought a hammer is evil if I smash your finger with it. Then it miraculously becomes good when I fix your house with it. Did the hammer change? No.

The universe is just spacetime - morals are Gods standard for human behavior. Nothing more and nothing less.

The Moral law is defined by God alone and was written into you conscience.

Go read a physics book; energy can neither be created nor can it be destroyed.

Wow Thanks! You just strengthened my case for creation. God is eternal he made the universe of his own energy. I have several years of physics in college, you are the deficient one. Now prepare to be schooled.

There was no "creation" of the universe. It always has been and always will be, just like your God.

The most sure law in science is the second law of thermodynamics. Look it up sometime when you not inventing new dogs. The law of entropy. Everything decays... If the universe were eternal it would have cooled off by now and there would be no life.

Plus Einsteins general relativity (proven to 5 decimal places) demands a beginning to the universe. Physics lesson are free. Anyway thanks for supporting my point, even though you didn't intend to.

Nope, I'm really not. I'm generally a thing. I'm a Human Being. A homo-sapien, etc. etc. But nothing beyond the material.

If you are nothing beyond material. That means your brain and thoughts are just chemical reactions. So why do you assume your mind can determine what is true? After all chemicals are just chemicals...

Materialism disproves itself. If materialism is true then there is no truth.

It's Satan that is sovereign over all things, he just allows good, but he does not endorse it. And there will be a night of reckoning

Oh I see when you lose the rational discussion - your true colors come out.

No, Human consciousness is not more then that. It is simply an action and a reaction of environment. Just as you are only a reaction of the internet and electricity, and this conversation. Some people don't like music, some people are deaf, some people like classical and some people like death metal. Different vibrations effect the body differently, people enjoy different vibrations and enjoy the differently. Our soul is our body and our mind, the energy of our body, right now and right here. Our soul is the person that we are.

drivel... see my point on materialism.

You're having trouble following the convo again. We were talking about morality. Not my dog's biological evolution. My dog will be a result of what I teach or fail to teach it, morally.

I'm having trouble?
Did you take the short bus to school? You are the one talking about a Dogs morality.

Pure Absurdity. Morality only applies to people.

Sure, I could create an animal. It's scientifically feasible. Catch up man, it's the 21st century. The evolution of the planet Earth and the species of dog along with other un-named and currently unknown events caused my dog to be the way that it is.

Meglamania:
* A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
* An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

Now you can create life... after all "YOU are the whole universe"...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Here, let me underline the key words for you. Do you understand now? Everything God = universe is God.

You are proven wrong over and over and just slither to a new lie.

As shown above, once again, you can not grasp your own use of language and logic. Shown above you are once again proven wrong. When you can actually prove a lie, I know that is a distinct difference from having faith, but when you can, you let me know, okay? And I'll allow you to show it to the world. Until then you're empty and this actually makes you the liar; lying about me lying.

Pantheism? sorry more of your fairy tale fantasy world. You are clearly a new age dreamer.

You're having problems taking your time to read again, you must be flustered. Above my quote says, well it's there for you to READ it if you would actually READ it. But here, I'll dissect it for you anyway.

Everything (the universe[got that? "everything" is the universe]) is NOT ONLY God. Like I said, stop and think, take a breath. No where was I even REMOTELY explaining pantheism, but you oh sir, were the one staking claim to God being everything and ruling everything. Go google or wiki pantheism. You're the one explaining it.

Check mate?

Yes, because your God now has no baring on the universe. Your God has no place to be meddling in the affairs of a universe that consists of neither good or evil. Humans are also of the universe.

The universe is just spacetime - morals are Gods standard for human behavior. Nothing more and nothing less.

You are space time and I am space time. I take up space and I live for a time. I am the universe. Human behaviour exists in and of the universe, therefore you're contradicting yourself. You just said that the universe is neither good or evil. Well Humans are certainly the universe, sir. These Humans are by your standard, judged as good and evil. Ergo the universe is good and evil. Please follow your own remarks.

The Moral law is defined by God alone and was written into you conscience.

Nope. Mine was written by the universe. It is both God and Devil, or good and evil.

Wow Thanks! You just strengthened my case for creation. God is eternal he made the universe of his own energy.

Here again is where you reveal your incompetence. The universe was not created, it had no beginning and will have no end, it is simply eternal. It expands eternally both space and time and there is evidently no "room" for "another" eternity. An eternity doesn't create an eternity, that is a paradox and an oxymoron. I hope you realize the definition of eternity. It has neither a beginning or an end, thus it is never created and never destroyed.

I have several years of physics in college, you are the deficient one. Now prepare to be schooled.

Sir. Don't make a fool of yourself, please.

The most sure law in science is the second law of thermodynamics. Look it up sometime when you not inventing new dogs. The law of entropy. Everything decays... If the universe were eternal it would have cooled off by now and there would be no life.

No, equillibrium is already reached and in such entropy is equallized. Energy does not decay, sir. The material states of energy do slowly decay but they mutate into other energetic states. By the way, the universe is eternal, and now you're contradicting yourself.... *sigh*... once again... because you said above that the energy is eternal because God created it of his own energy
... now you're saying that it's not eternal... *sigh*... what is it sir... make up your mind physics genius

If you want to talk the L.O.T.D. I'll run a ring around you.

Plus Einsteins general relativity (proven to 5 decimal places) demands a beginning to the universe.

No, sir. It doesn't. Me being relative to you demands no beginning to anything except for our lives. The universe, sir, as eternity, is non-local and relative to no other eternity. Relative are the things that which we measure of it.

Physics lesson are free. Anyway thanks for supporting my point, even though you didn't intend to.

Sir, you're being quite ridiculous. Your point was neither supported nor was there intent to support it. Your point is simply... WRONG.. AND, you lack the logic and intellect to reply directly, instead you take indirect approaches to the subject matter and dodge any real replies by ascertaining persistently that I am supporting you and your points.

Try using some logic and conversational tactics. If you don't want to lose your Godm then I understand. It's not for the weak.

If you are nothing beyond material. That means your brain and thoughts are just chemical reactions. So why do you assume your mind can determine what is true?

Not only chemical reactions, also neurological impulses and electromagnetic fluxes. My mind doesn't have to determine what is true. I simply am the truth. My mind doesn't have to do determining because it is scientifically, mathematically and logically rooted. If I ask you what 2+2 is and you tell me it is 5, I know this is untrue because I've been taught a system of symbols that represent the aspects of 2+2=4. I comprehend that two things and add two more things is a culmination of those things, we call that 4. I don't assume my mind determines what is true. My mind is what is true.

The energetical knowledge of the universe is transcendent; it does not lie, it is the truth, it always has been the truth. I allow it to reveal its eternal truth to me.

After all chemicals are just chemicals...

Correct. I am one big walking chemical reaction, one biological robot, one physical machine, part of the hive of ever interacting eternal energy.

Materialism disproves itself. If materialism is true then there is no truth.

No: if materialism is true, then materialism is the truth.

Oh I see when you lose the rational discussion - your true colors come out.

No, sir. I simply showed you the other side of the coin. It was 100% rational. We see light because of dark, we see dark because of light.

Did you take the short bus to school? You are the one talking about a Dogs morality.

Yes, sir. Dogs have the morality that I endow them with.

Pure Absurdity. Morality only applies to people.

No, sir. It can apply to animals of higher intellect as well.

Now you can create life... after all "YOU are the whole universe"...

No, sir. I'll repeat for the third time for your convienence. I am not the whole universe, though I am interconnected to it and in that sense, yes, I am (though the universe, disregarding its etimological name, is eternal and not whole; rather it is immeasurable). I am a part of the universe as you are a part of the universe. Yes, I can create life, I plan on having a few children myself.

As for your lack of scientific knowledge, gene splicing and the creation of new plants etc.

There's many places that you can search on the internet or even your local library. Yes it's real, yes it can happen. Yes, I can do it, yes you can do it.

I see your fellow primate gang has already come to pat you on the back for another horrible post.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oooops I must apologize, I forgot this was skunk works.
I thought I would be debating atheists but I ran into an actual god.

I read your sophistry. It is pointless to debate someone that believes they are God. You sir are tin foil hat wearing megalomaniac.

A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.

I am the universe. I am not created in the image of God alone.

Ok then I found your picture...

You are the universe

Here you go blaspheming me because you're angry.

Blasphemy:
1. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or sacred entity.
2. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

Blaspheming the great almighty LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal is a sin!

Sure, I could create an animal.

Yes we all know now you create life as hobby. Oh great and wondrous LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Newsflash!!!

1. There is a God and it is not you.
  2. Your attitude defines blasphemy.
  3. You are not the universe.
  4. You can not create life.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

As I said. The universe is both moral and immoral, it is both good and evil, and it can also be viewed as neither.

No, I am not asking you what YOU think of it, I want to know what the universe has to say. I am not ONE with the universe. I may be a cog in the system but if I was one with the universe, the question need not have occured to me. I am not asking how one views it, I want to know how it is YOU came to know it is eternal.

I don't believe people's blatant lies and calculable mistakes. Everything else is true

Yeah I think you speak for everyone on that but again, how do you know what you have said is true.

Your semantics are not even up to par, neither of you.

If you want to call ecstactic utterance a "thing" than yeah you told me that

Your semantics are not even up to par, neither of you.

Ya got us both there, our semantics are no match for yours.

But I didn't. Did I? Stop making this hard on yourself.

No you didn't and that is why I mentioned it

Why?

Because it is true that's why

- Con

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Oooops I must apologize, I forgot this was skunk works.
I thought I would be debating atheists but I ran into an actual god.

Once again, I comprehend your satire, but the assumptions that lie therein do absolutely nothing at progressing our discussion but show a defensive nature in your mannerism. I find it more disturbing to converse with one that thinks he knows the invisible man and that the invisible man speaks to him. I thought I'd be debating intellectualists but I ran into a satirical religious peasant that speaks to God.

It is pointless to debate someone that believes they are God.

Sir, can you please point me to where I said I was God.

You are the universe

Yes, sir. As I stated. I am a part of the universe while consisting of this material vessel of which I experience a sense of self consciousness through. I am also the eternity of the universe through the energy that comprises me and through the eternal interconnectedness of all things revealed through absence. The same is applicable to you and everyone else.

1. A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or sacred entity.
2. The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.

Yes, sir. YOU are projecting the definition of blaspheme on ME. YOU, sir, are calling me God and bowing down to me. I never asked for such and I never claimed such.

Blaspheming the great almighty LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal is a sin!

According to your Bible, yes, in fact it is. According to me, I could care less, you're acting quite immature right now.

Yes we all know now you create life as hobby. Oh great and wondrous LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

The universe creates life through evolution. The universe IS alive. I, in turn, being a sentient being am able to harness and understand the ways of the universe, and in effect understand how to create life. You can also do these things. It is not limited to myself.

There is a God and it is not you.

I've never claimed such but you can't prove there is either way.

Your attitude defines blasphemy.

No, sir. As clearly indicated: yours does.

You are not the universe.

Yes, sir. I am. So are you. If you can't swollow yet that we are completely interconnected, then you can at least try to see us as a part of the universe, and in that sense we are the universe. A wheel on a car is not the whole car in and of itself, but it certainly is a part of the car. Without the wheel the car is incomplete and the car can not function. Thus the wheel makes the car what it is and the car makes the wheel what it is. They both give each other purpose.

You can not create life.

Tell that to your Mother and Father.

If you think of me as a God, then I can accept that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
I want to know how it is YOU came to know it is eternal.

Nothing can not exist. Say for example we have an explosion (the big bang), this explosion becomes a "bubbled expansion", supposedly this universe is expanding at a velocity that is greater than the speed of light. Then what is outside of it? Nothing? And if you agree, then nothing is absolutely nothing, therefore... there is NOTHING outside of it! It is stopped by nothing and is an eternal expanse of space, thus time. Energy, in physics, also states that it can neither be destroyed or created.

Physics states that space and time are one. Physics states that energy is eternal. Well, if energy is space and time and space and time are one, then space and time are eternal, calibrating perfectly with the definition of energy.

Yeah I think you speak for everyone on that but again, how do you know what you have said is true.

Because I don't lie, for one. EVER. I will NEVER lie. Of course you'd have to gain my trust on that not take my word for it.

Two, the analysis I gave above should suffice, if not then I can attempt further demonstrations.

If you want to call extactic utterance a "thing" than yeah you told me that

A thing is a thing.

Ya got us both there, our semantics are no match for yours.

Because it is true that's why

Maybe this reply will help. I wasn't aware of my shortcomings, maybe a communicative lackluster. Well, at least you're cool headed. Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Blasphemy is toward God. You applied to yourself.

Those are your words are they not? oh great infinite eternal one

Here I found a job offer for you...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosimitie Sam

Those are your words are they not? oh great infinite eternal one

Yes, they are my words in reply to being referenced as God, as if I biologically structured my own dog, which I never claimed.

In fact the context of my reply was taken out of its circumstancial intent. We were having a discussion about my dog inheriting my moral values and somehow he wanted to turn me into God and make me defend the fact that I created my dog's teeth and breed, at which point he was in contempt of blaspheming both myself and his own God. I never made such claims, nor did I connotate such. The outline of our textual intercourse was clearly made apparent to be on the topic of experiencing residual traits from cultural and social morality, not about the intrinsics of biological constructions (though I, myself, could clearly make a connection, though much more structured and with the intent of connecting the two, rather than blaspheming than BigWhammy).

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

so one day I put my fk u attitude towards "religion" and its hypocrites on hold and found that it wasn't religion I was looking for at all, or a social club of perfect "Christians" but a spiritual relationship with the ineffable...

Bravo!!

BTW I loved your challenge that no-one is taking up!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join