It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
The problem I'm having, is that he is being singled out as being one, whilst Hillary and McCain are much richer and more 'elite'.

"Elitism" has nothing to with money, it's about governmental philosophy. Obama and other leftists look down the "rabble" believing that they know better what's best for them.

They want all power concentrated at the federal level because -- when power is personal or local -- cities, states and free People might make "wrong" choices.

It's about the size of government in a free society. Some want individual liberty while others want the Fed to take over everything because they don't think anyone else can govern themselves. They are, therefore, elitists.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

True, however they very often go hand-in-hand.

And once again, my point still stands, it is not fair to single out Obama in this situation.

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism Audio Help (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
1. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
2. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by the way this Obama guy sweettalking it's enough to me that his is not planing to pull out of Iraq to put him in the #list of diabolical laying scums

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Looks like Obama is getting upset that his wife is such a liability.
HERE is a story about how he claims that his wife is 'off limits' (don't know if he said those words, or if it's a news lead) but he definately threatened the Tennessee GOP saying 'you'd better be careful' ... sounds threatening to me.

Nice job researching.
This is pre-Obama gate material.

Everytime a wife gets heavily involved in her husbands affairs it gets extremely dangerous. This is no different, which is why it's worth repeating what I posted earlier, Michelle is another Yoko Ono.

Yoko broke up the Beatles, Michelle will break up the Demcratic Party.

Obviously Obama is agitated.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

2. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Grrrr, you edited just as I was replying. Nevertheless, I'll respond to what you originally posted.

(Not verbatem) Who sponsored a bill to disallow meals and gifts from lobbyists?

Well, I don't know, but I'll assume it's Obama.

I had a friend, many moons ago, who was an ultra-liberal. He wasn't destitute, but was by no means rich. He was gainfully employed and made about what I made. But he'd never ever give money to the homeless guys and gals we'd regularly encounter in our city. I always gave a dollar, and when I first realized he never did, sometimes I'd give two or three dollars just to try to be an example.

Whenever I asked him why he never gave anything he'd say, "Why should I have to? The government should be doing that". In this case, he was a big government liberal because it was in his own self-interest.
He didn't want the personal responsibility of looking out for someone else. He didn't want to fork over a dollar even on a freezing cold night when two young ladies wanted some cash to get something hot to drink. I would not call him an "elitist".

Obama wasn't called an elitist either, until he made those comments about people "clinging to their guns and religion" out of bitterness about their economic futures. He showed that he has no understanding of people who support the 2nd Amendment so that they can defend themselves and their families, or simply to hunt.

He showed no understanding of people who actually believe in God. Perhaps he was pandering to San Francisco socialites. But in his book he wrote that he had no real faith, but sought the church for it's community-mindedness, both in it's work outside the church and it's community within the church. He is essentially an agnostic who gets more out of the social church experience than the actual dogma of Christianity.

Now, that's all well and good. I'm agnostic myself. But it's that distinction between the churches community work and it's religious foundation, and his liberal "elitist" (the definition cited above) mindset that has him baffled by true believers.

He apparantly believes that people he doesn't understand have gone wrong somewhere. As a pro gun control agnostic, he assumes that devotion to God and defense of gun ownership must be symptoms of something nefarious -- that something has gone awry with those people and that government can solve their "guns and God problem" if only they had a little more "hope-change".

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There all you fools go wanting to start some more bull__!Boy,these freakin republicans are fishing real hard are'nt they.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WoW! if threads like these were as popular as those about the issues people here would be really educated.

All I have seen here is slander, stereotyping, name calling, a bit of racism, who in the world is going to give me back the 20 minutes of my life that I spent reading this garbage?

No wonder why this country is the way it is.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Read here

Rumor around the internet is that Karl Rove has a copy of a tape that was taken at Obama's Church. The tape shows Michelle Obama chatting it up with Uncle Wright ... and both badmouthing whites in general and both are using racial slurs against white people ... 'whitey'.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by FlyersFan]

I make fun of white people all the time, and I am white, so I think I'm missing the importance of all this, especially since its relatively unsubstantiated (and thank you FlyersFan for listing is as only a rumor). I think we all bad mouth people in some way shape or form, whether by race, religion, or whatever, we all find reasons to disagree with and make fun of people's beliefs and cultures... Since when is that new? Anyway if this tape is from Michelle Obama's past than she might very well have made new opinions about white people since then... People's opinions change, experiences open their eyes. Besides, there's no evidence that she has those views now...

I'm an extremely limited participant at ATS but I have to say that I'm tired of all the posts against Obama I've seen here and the propaganda I've heard against him in the mainstream media (and I am not an Obama supporter by any means)... The poor guy was peer pressured into wearing a flag pin because a petty America and skin-deep media care about nothing of true substance...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
All I have seen here is slander, stereotyping, name calling, a bit of racism, who in the world is going to give me back the 20 minutes of my life that I spent reading this garbage?

No wonder why this country is the way it is.

What you mean possible racist connections to a presidential candidate isn't an issue?

You mean that any critic to Obama is just spewing out slander, name calling, and stereotyping because Obama is so perfect and only someone with a mental problem will speak up?

How come whenever supporter of (insert candidate) sees any criticism of (insert candidate), they feel that it is always slander, stereotyping, name calling, and a bit of racism? Instead of actually looking into the issues surrounding (insert candidate), they go along with the hype and follow (insert candidate) like a happy little sheep.

No wonder the world is the way it is.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

it is not fair to single out Obama in this situation.

No it's not. However, it's also not fair not to ADMIT that he's an elitist.
So is his wife.

All I have seen here is ......

Then you need glasses.

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The poor guy ...

Poor guy nothing! The constant self-reverent, self-referent, narcissistic, messianic comments point out that he probably has the same pathology as George Bush 43 - just wrapped in a different bow.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
yet you continue to perpetuate the rumor.

:shk: You obviously didn't read the thread.

I reported that there is a rumor. I opened it for discussion on how the rumor got there and if it could be true. THAT"S WHAT THIS SITE DOES.

Get over yourself.

I guarantee 100% that Karl Rove has no idea this rumor even exists.

You 'garantee' it, eh?

Maybe he does .. maybe he doesn't. Maybe he has a tape .. maybe he doesn't. Maybe he started the rumor and he has no tape .. or maybe someone let it slip that he has a tape and he's now ticked about the break in security for his cronies.

Originally posted by DYepes
I just believe in Obama and support him all the way to the top.

Obviously.

Have fun with Mr. NOchange/NOhope/NOunity. Are you going to help carry his baggage? You know ... Rezko. Ayers. Corruption. Lies. Earmarks. Lack of experience. Uncle WRight. Racism. Michelle. and the CFR? That's a lot of baggage for the disciples of a 3 year senator to carry. You'll be helping out?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

People and their agendas my friend!

This is not about discussing the issue of Obama and his family been racist or not, far from it.

This is about dividing the country, this is to make us out forth our ugliest face, cloud is in the stupidity that emotions can present, instead of focusing on what important.

This is also about fear, fear the racist Obama, anti-Jew, friend of the Iranians.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The poor guy was peer pressured into wearing a flag pin because a petty America and skin-deep media care about nothing of true substance...

Gee, you make it sound as if po' lil Obama was tortured by Whitie and forced to wear the lapel pin, never mind the court of public opinion.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

People and their agendas my friend!

This is not about discussing the issue of Obama and his family been racist or not, far from it.

Actually it is a discussion on the issue of Obama and his family being racist.

Why is it an issue that some people want to avoid? Is it because the issue is a giant letdown to this "messiah" media image that the media wants to portray?

It must feel uncomfortable that the man of "change", the man that will supposedly unite and save the country has associations with people that preach just the opposite.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Sorry about the editing. Sometimes I have an inkling to change my first thought/reaction.

And I agree, the 'clinging' thing was a stupid thing to say. As far as whether it was truly meant the way it came out, I don't know, but nevertheless, stupid thing to say.

Now, once again, I'm not here to argue whether he is elitist or not. What I am arguing, is that, for some reason, people have decided to just single out Obama on the 'elitist' charge, without thinking about his opponents.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"Lay off my wife!" Barack screeched.

www.nashvillecitypaper.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow, why trying to hurt Obama?

Those white politicians are probably even worse in their intolerance. Black people have a right to hate whites as seen in history, and it cannot simply be just forgotten. It's not easy to find a black person that has no hatred for white people nowadays. Most can hate, but they can't say it. If you want blacks to not hate white people then tell the whole world not to hate the Germans, Soviets, Japanese, and Chinese because it was "in the past".

I don't care if Obama's wife hates white people because it is up to America to vote for the right person. If you don't trust them, then don't vote, no one is being forced.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

actually, read tuningsporks message. That was well written and informative. Obama says his wife is off limits. Yet he parades her around to do campaigning. Nobody is off limits Sen. No one.

Except my wife. You guys lay off her, okay?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm getting very tired of hearing the exact same thing over and over again by people who think they're being original.

They're called "talking points".

That's how the neo-fascist far right operates these days.

All the little wingnut robots get their talking points and then go out on various forums and repeat them, endlessly, until something sticks

And I don't think "neo-fascist" is out of line, I mean look at the Roman Empire imagery - hmmm, what was the last social movement to idolize the Roman empire?

Mussolini sound familiar?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Black people have a right to hate whites as seen in history, and it cannot simply be just forgotten. It's not easy to find a black person that has no hatred for white people nowadays.

Because every white person today is racist right? Because every white person today is responsible for what happened 100, 150 300, 700 years ago right?

All you are doing is pointing out the racism in the black community and trying to justify it. I always thought that there is no justification for racism, I guess that only applies to white folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join