It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is anyone really surprised by this? So far, they have made the most pathetic attempts, but right now, they don't have to do much to go against any democratic candidate. At least Hillary's skeletons are out there for all to see. We all know what they would say about her. I figure that they've saved any evidence that they have against Obama until they need it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaceIsTheTrick
If Cindy McCain said something racist or homophobic, etc. you think the Dems would ignore it? Or exploit it as far it can go for their own gain? Karl Rove is just playing the game. That's what he does. Is he ethical? No. But that doesn't matter.

Seriously, think about what you said, A LOT. You have a choice to make a person YOUR voice in the world and that's the process that you use to decide who is the best candidate? Pick the one with the least dirt on them? That isn't logical.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
I hope it's true and obama wins. It'll be like reperations for slavery. And no more complaints from reverend wright or that other one jackson or the other black guy that got the DJ fired a while back. Be nice to say. Nah blacks are equal to whites look at the president.
I will not be voting because my vote does not matter.

Thats not true.

If Obama is elected president, there will be an opposing force to his policies just like every president.

This time there is a danger that Obama and his supporters will be using skin color to push policy.

Obama pushes for (insert policy)

Senator (insert republican) organizes opposition

Obama minion brands senator (insert republican ) a racist for opposing a black man's policy because there can be no other reason to oppose such a "sound", "fair", and "logical" policy other than because Obama is black.

It will be kind of like Bush after the 9-11 attacks. Any opposition would bring questions of patriotism. Obama and minions have learned that lesson well.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I don't hate the guy but I've never seen someone put up on such a pedestal. You can argue amongst yourselves as to if that's justified or not. To me it's just scary.

The media have shilling for Obama for years. When he was first elected to the Senate in '04 it was either Time or Newsweek, referring to the whole redstate/bluestate meme, who put him on their cover with the headline: "Barack Obama Sees Purple".

They've been packaging him like an all-purpose cleanser -- the messiah of "hope" and "change" and an all-things-to-all-people "unity" candidate -- even though he is, in fact, one of the most leftist members of the senate who's never once demonstrated a willingness to "cross the aisle" to reach a compromise in the way that McCain and, to a lesser extent, Hillary have done.

As soon as he was elected he was asked if he would run for President in '08. He said "no" because he wanted to make sure he "knew what I was doing" and didn't have the experience yet to think about that. Well, apparantly he began to believe his own hype because 24 months later he announced that he was running for President.

He's been fawned over and promoted as a uniter almost as if he was a proverbial trojan horse for the liberal mainstream media. Worked really well when he was a blank slate. But, as we learn more and more about him and his fellow travelers, people are beginning to get the sense that they've been "fooled... hood-winked... bamboozled...".

(edit for typos)

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Good points Tuning, but after 8 years of Obama, our world is going to much better. See for yourself:

Brave New Obamian World

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Very well said.

We are at the point where some in the media are trying to portray Obama as divine.

(I wonder how much these boogers will Ebay for?)

I thought only dictators such as Mao, Kim Jong Il, and other communist goons got this media treatment.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well I still feel it's well worth it to put up with the nonesense of people using the race card when you disagree with obama, because in the end it will forever be proof that everyone is finnaly on an even playing feild. If this black man can be president than what the hell is stopping you from [fill inthe blank]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I would just like to say that this thread and many others I have seen, on this site and others, is proof positive that the US and the world for that matter, are NOT ready for a black president. The anger it brings up, the stirrings of racisism and hate, all over a man who is just as white as he is black, he just chooses to identify his black heritage over his white heritage.

I am not racist, I disagree with those who are, but , I am worried about the US ability to accept him as president, you know, those that WON'T vote for him. They are many, the numbers are showing it is about half the united states. That includes all nationalities.

I don't have a problem with Obama's color. I do have a problem with his lack of abilty show he is behind our flag, our nation, our military, our veterans, he said he would show his patriotism in a different way, well to me that is just scary. What new way is he talking about? Raising your hand to your heart under the flag of the United States is an honor, a symbol of your allegience to this country, and to me his not doing says he is not allegiante to this country, so why does he want to run it? What is his motivation to be president? On a more phsycic level, I feel evil is all around him, his aura is dark, and he is being led by something or someone into his future.

edit= about the topic: I will believe there is a tape when one is produced.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
I thought only dictators such as Mao, Kim Jong Il, and other communist goons got this media treatment.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. A rumor of a spouse that MIGHT have said something, sometime, somewhere, is NOW parcelled on to a candidate. I'm more interested in what he thinks the minimum wage salary should be. Hey, a thought, what about issues?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Why does everyone still not understand that he was not supposed to raise his hand at that time, he was doing the propper thing that was in conduct with the right ceromony.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Zealott]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by centurion1211

Education does not equal common sense

Is this what you're telling yourself so that you feel better?

No, education does not always equal common sense, but that statement means absolutely nothing in this debate.

This way you are essentially saying that these educated people have no common sense, and that is obviously wrong. Not to mention, you're also implying that common sense says not to vote for Obama, although I can easily make the same argument for the other 2 candidates.

In the context of the post I was was answering, it makes absolute sense. Better educated people like O(bs)ama so ....

You know, on top of what I said earlier that comment also sounds very elitist. As in let us "better educated" folks show the rest of you cretins how to vote ...

Now O(bs)ama has already been called elitist based on his recent comments about why white people need guns, etc. So, can his supporters be all that different?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey, a thought, what about issues?

Why wouldn't potential racism in the spouse of the president be a campaign issue? After all, at the end of any day, she's probably the last person to get her opinion said ... Remember Hillary? She apparently had a lot to say!

[edit on 5/19/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is exactly what I'm talking about. A rumor of a spouse that MIGHT have said something, sometime, somewhere, is NOW parcelled on to a candidate. I'm more interested in what he thinks the minimum wage salary should be. Hey, a thought, what about issues?

My issue is primarily with the media.

The media has hyped up the dot-com boom, y2k, war on terror, war in Iraq, the patriot act, global "warming", and the housing boom. What is the result for all this hype? More government, soon-to-be higher taxes, higher profits for particular interest groups and/or screwed Americans.

Call me cynical but I don't trust a person that has so much positive coverage, music videos, and pageantry for any reason, much less than speaking about "change."

But thats ok, Saint Michelle Obama will save us all...............

edit *spelling mistake

[edit on 19-5-2008 by wutone]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good points Space Cadet, and that is a huge one for myself (not showing allegiance to the Flag).

To me, it reminds me of Osama Bin Laiden's hatred for the US. It is because the US was found on Judeo-Christian principals and the war between Muslims and Christians go back hundreds of years.

The Muslim religion was started by a soldier named Mohammad. The religion is based on militant prinicpals and assesses that those who do not convert, yet were warned, shall die.

To me, this is proof that Obama continues to study the Muslim religion. Showing respect to the Flag that symbolizes what Muslims view as a predominately Christian nation would disrespect his religion and therefore his God (Allah).

The Trinity church accepts Muslims to attend it, and this is (I believe) how Obama was to become a member.

Every terrorist group (Hamas etc.) against the US, Obama supports. He supports it because they want to destroy the US as it sustains Isreals existance.

If Obama becomes President, Iran will take over all of the Middle East. Obama will allow that to happen on purpose. Israel will be wiped out.

He will reduce the military (said so himself in a speech), while China continues to build. It will be a much worse mess than it is now.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If Cindy McCain said something racist or homophobic, etc. you think the Dems would ignore it? Or exploit it as far it can go for their own gain? Karl Rove is just playing the game. That's what he does. Is he ethical? No. But that doesn't matter.

Seriously, think about what you said, A LOT. You have a choice to make a person YOUR voice in the world and that's the process that you use to decide who is the best candidate? Pick the one with the least dirt on them? That isn't logical.

How did I say that's the process I would use to pick my candidate? I just said that's how the system works. You would disagree that mudslinging is part of the political norm?

From the politician's view that's part of what it takes to win. By no means did I ever insinuate that I, or any specific person for that matter, would pick a candidate based on who has the least dirt on them.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Good points Space Cadet, and that is a huge one for myself (not showing allegiance to the Flag).

What is wrong with you people!! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! HE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAVE HIS HAND ON THE HEART. Jeez that'll be the last time I care enough to educate the oblivious. Promise I promise. Back on topic Michelle is pretty cute I'd PIHB.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

Zealot, what kind of pills did you say you are taking? I think I would slack up on 'em.

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171
Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. -- United States Code

Richardson and Clinton placed their hands over their hearts, are you saying they were wrong to do so, that it wasn't 'proper'?

And, Obama even gave his own explaination for not doing it. He says he will show his patriotism in a 'new way'.

Ok, now where does that code exclude Obama from this? He was not in uniform. He also won't wear a flag pin. Why is it so damned important to him NOT to do these simple acts , symbolisms, of allegiance to the United States of America ?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

Zealot
Why does everyone still not understand that he was not supposed to raise his hand at that time, he was doing the propper thing that was in conduct with the right ceromony.

They were standing to the Pledge of Allegiance. Stop and say those words slowly and with meaning and you will understand folks having a problem with what he didn't do. Pledge of ALLEGIANCE.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Ok, now where does that code exclude Obama from this? He was not in uniform. He also won't wear a flag pin. Why is it so damned important to him NOT to do these simple acts , symbolisms, of allegiance to the United States of America ?

The bigger question is why should he do it?

Its not like the media spends much energy calling out Obama on this issue. Its not like the Obama supporters care about such a "small" issue as showing respect to the country of which you want to be president of.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Obama just started wearing a Flag Pin now.

Look for him to make sure we all hear that he gets the states correct. He'll mention 50 states in jest.

Look for him to put his hand on his heart during the next Star Spangled Banner.

Look for him to do what he thinks you'll be more accepting of.

Afterall, he got permission from a Muslim Cleric in Dearborne, Michigan to do such things as it aids in Allah's quest to dismantle those who support evil America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join