It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
reply to post by realshanti

Odd, you seem to know more of my activities than I do.

I did read the article, and it still doesn't prove the systematic racism you believe is in place.

Oh yes - I do know you only too well- your reading comprehension is next to zero and we still got nothin to talk about....I know exactly where you comin from slacker, and our part of this conversation is over....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Ok run away. Evidently painful reality is a little too difficult for you.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Simply because the planet becomes politically correct is no reason to stop using certain terminology.

Politically correct is different than intentionally trying to attack someone based on their nationality or race. I believe that would be called 'racism' no matter what terminology it is.

The word cracker or whitey is also a racial (racial?) slur regardless. I'm sure you'd have a problem being called one of those terms.

Think he is the only vet to still call them gooks? Think again.

Those veterans aren't running for PRESIDENT. Do you really want a racist President (that's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer)?

They were, and are still enemies of those who were there.

Again, they're not running for President and are allowed their own opinion. When that opinion interferes with how this country is run, and therefore the world, I have a huge problem.

Clicked your little link there, failed to see any evidence whatsoever of racism being a factor in his opposition to MLK day.

Care to elaborate a little more with actual facts showing racism, and not just speculation?

Perhaps not overt racism.

John Conyers blast John McCain over his actions on the Martin Luther King Holiday vote

Conyers: When John McCain was my colleague in the House and I introduced the Holiday bill, he voted against it in 1983…Now I believe in forgiveness, but it’s incredible that all he can do is show up on April 4th and think that everything is OK. We’re not just African Americans, but we’re most people.

Host: Rep. Conyers I think in all fairness we should say , perhaps you did not hear it but certainly John McCain did offer an apology for that first vote in 1983 when you did put forward that bill.

You had not heard that? He did make that apology sir so that he regretted voting that way back then.

Conyers: Yea, well look. I’m happy. That was in 1983, he didn’t make any apology, he didn’t make any apologies in 1987, so I guess I’m thrilled and forgiving that finally when he’s running for President he remembers to apologize. No, that’s great. (satirically)

Host: Well, he has done so today and perhaps you’ll take that as some sort of appeasement, but anyway…

Updated: Nice job the host did in trying to praise John McCain’s phony apology today. Yea, just get appeased! I mean this is ridiculous. It’s like her job to make excuses for John McCain’s actions.

Good job by Conyers for calling McSame on it too. Conyers was obviously not buying her line of reasoning. If John McCain thinks he can go down to Memphis and throw out a few words to try and appease his actions, he’s got another thing coming. Of course the media will paint him as a brave man, straight talking away his prior sins, but he was almost 50 years old when he joined the HOUSE of Representatives and voted down MLK Day.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Actually I wouldn't care. Words are just that, words. They have no effect, no impact, and mean nothing, especially when coming from someone I couldn't possibly care any less about.

Calling a war time enemy a common "slur" used by large numbers of verterans of that conflict doesn't make him racist. Are current day U.S. troops racists if they call an Iraqi a "raghead", or a camel jockey?

Of course they aren't. It is war. How fond would you be of the people who tortured you for a few years?

Not overt racism? How about not covert either. Simply being against a holiday in honor of a black guy doesn't make one a racist.

Now, if McCain had come out and said something along the lines of "I'm not voting for MLK day because I dont think any black man should have a day honoring him!", you would have a point.

So far you have posted nothing even remotely close to resembling racism in any form. He voted against a holiday, so freaking what? Maybe he thought MLK's ties to communists was a good enough reason NOT to vote for it. Ever bother to think he may have had other reasons before automatically just jumping to the race card?

Again, nothing you have posted is indicative of any racism whatsoever on McCains part.

Sidenote: As I hate both McCain and Obama, I really hate you for making me defend one of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Check this out. I think I know where they got the "whitey" story...

Um ... BH ... we already brought that up and Larry Johnson is emphatically denying that he read the book or even heard of it before. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not ... but that's what he says.

I'm still thinking Larry Johnson is probably a patsy for somoene on the Hillary side. They knew he'd get ahold of a rumor like this and 'go for it'. If the republicans wanted to do something like this, then they would have waited until after Obama is officially nominated at the convention. It looks like it could be a Hillary tactic - and that it's a rumor - and that Larry is the dupe they used.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Still waiting on that 'racist' tape.

And as you have already heard .. IF it's real it will be out in October, most likely.

If you want to talk about racism, why don't you look at your buddy McCain for advice on how to be a bigot:

He's not my buddy. And please feel free to start your own thread on how you think McCain is a racist. I'd be more than happy to attend your thread.

Give Obama his first real race against a credible Republican.

This IS his first real national race. His supposed race against Alan Keyes was a farce. Keyes was brought in from out of state and got something like 10% of the votes. It was a pathetic joke.

Please please let me know when you have any PROOF Obama or his wife are racists,

It's all right there in front of you. But you don't want to see it OR you are in agreement with their racist views and therefore dont' think it's racist at all. To list the Obama's racist ways of life would be off topic. I suggest you re-visit the information on that 'church' ... the truth about so-called 'black liberation theology' .. the ties to Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Meeks, Uncle Wright, and a host of other anti-white/anti-Jewish characters .... the racist college thesis of Michelle Obama (and yes, its' racist) ... 'typical white person' .... Obama's own book words - for example - 'that's how whites will do you' blah blah blah ...

Voting against a holiday makes one a racist?

the reason why he voted against it was legitimate. But he later bowed to pressure to go ahead and vote for it without getting his questions answered.

I didn't know 'gook' was a common term in your household.

He said he was talking about his prison guards and not the entire Vietnamese population. But please ... go ahead and start a thread on this. I'd like to see where it goes ....

The word cracker or whitey is also a racial (racial?) slur regardless. I'm sure you'd have a problem being called one of those terms.

Actually, I think they are just showing ignorance on the part of the person saying them. Instead of taking 'offense' ... I just look down upon the persons who use them.

Perhaps not overt racism.

AHA! So .. since you can't show specific points of racism, now it's 'perhaps not overt'.

McCain didn't vote for the MLK holiday the first time around.
He had good reasons not to. So what?

Obama hangs with racists. Has racists as his long term mentors and advisors. Rubs elbows with racists in that 'church'. Soaks in racist 'black liberation theology'. Spews racist sayins like 'that's how whites will do you' and 'typical white person'. .... and so on and so on ... neverending ...

But somehow Obama's NOT a racist but McCain is, just not overtly?

Comeon biggie smalls

[edit on 6/13/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
no offense but you don't give a damn about sources - I put up a report from the justice department on prison figures on the disparity between convictions of black and white prisoners and your response was "maybe blacks get caught more often"....so please stop pretending you care about the facts...

Did that report factor in PRIOR convictions? To look at ONE arrest and conviction is not enough, obviously if someone has several convictions on their record, quite possibly for the same crime, they are far more likely to to be convicted compared to someone without prior convictions. Reasonable doubt and all that.

This reminds me of another thread, a poster proudly put upcrime stats to show that WHITES commit more crime in some categories than blacks. Of course she failed to factor in there are FIVE TIMES AS MANY WHITES so if whites commit 55% and blacks commit 40%, the black offender rate is still several TIMES that of the white offender rate.

Of course once that fact was pointed out she lost interest in the thread and promptly disappeared.

Her source was here: www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Sonya610]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm frankly befuddled by this whole affair. If said tape existed of Obama's wife talking about 'whitey' or 'honky', is it going to be released soon or are they sitting on it till McCain can't hold himself any longer and have it just in time for the elections?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Larry Johnson is emphatically denying that he read the book or even heard of it before.

But his story was that he had heard about this "tape" from 4 or 5 other people, right? So, they had to know about it before he did. And I wouldn't trust Larry Johnson as far as I could throw him after this. After all, he emphatically insisted that this tape existed, too.
Even though he never saw it. (At first, he was saying he had seen it, then changed the story. That should have tipped people off.)

In fact, I read that he's lost a lot of credibility through this hoax, even among the most conservative crowd.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But his story was that he had heard about this "tape" from 4 or 5 other people, right? So, they had to know about it before he did.

Yes. Johnson claims to have talked to something like 4 or 5 people who have seen it. (something like that).

He claims that he hadn't heard of that book that people are talking about until just a few weeks ago. As i said - I don't know if what he is saying is true or not.

The only thing that is on his side with this timeline is TIME magazine. (I think I posted a link.) THEY say that the Obama camp was talking about the alleged 'whitey' tape a month before Larry posted the information on the web site. THAT is what makes me think he's just a pasty being used by the Hillary camp. I think he believes what he posted, but it was planted by the Hillary camp.

We may never know for sure ... but that's my guess at this point.

he's lost a lot of credibility through this hoax, even among the most conservative crowd.

This possible (probable?) hoax .... Yes, even Michelle Malkin said on her site that she doesn't trust the guy at all.
That's huge!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I think he believes what he posted, but it was planted by the Hillary camp.

That's entirely possible, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I am glad the story has been pretty thoroughly debunked, I'd love to see the election debates get back to real issues.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
SIDE NOTE -

Michelle Malkin

Michelle Malkin, who is part of the very right wing, has been saying for a month that she believes the 'whitey tape' rumor was started by Larry Johnson and Hillary Clinton.

She's now reporting that the media is claiming that the rumor started with right wing bloggers ... and NOT the dems queen bee (Hillary).

I think the evidence is rather clear - it is the Hillary camp.

There is no evidence that it started with right wing bloggers.

Just FYI for those who are following the 'white tape rumor' story.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I THINK THIS IS A GOOD THING. THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID, THEY NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BARRACK OBAMA AND MICHELLE OBAMA. WE REALLY DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM.
AS FAR AS THE CONTENTS, THIS HAS BEEN ON THE INTERNET FOR
WEEKS; IT IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING COMMENTS, RACIAL AND
UGLY.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
update article

Larry Johnson Quote -

I have it on good and direct authority that, if McCain’s internals show a 100 ECV (Electoral College Vote) lead, that is solid, then noting will be used. 80 EC votes and some will surface. 50 and a little more will be used. If the mid to late October polls are close then they most likely pull out the stopper and, by the nature of modern American politics, all decorum will go down the drain

Oooooooooooookay.

As far as we can tell, Larry Johnson (No Quarter) is the source of the ‘whitey tape’ rumor.

I think most of us have come to the conclusion that either he made up the rumor OR he is/was being used by the Hillary camp to push the rumor and that they are the ones that made it up.

As you can tell by reading his ‘update’ that his claim has changed a bit.

The conventions are over. October is almost here.
It’s just about time to crap or get off the pot.

edited immediately to fix quote

[edit on 9/11/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Madness Ends Today

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join