It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by wutone
I thought only dictators such as Mao, Kim Jong Il, and other communist goons got this media treatment.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. A rumor of a spouse that MIGHT have said something, sometime, somewhere, is NOW parcelled on to a candidate. I'm more interested in what he thinks the minimum wage salary should be. Hey, a thought, what about issues?

See, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. What I said was actually pretty neutral. You don't think b.s. like this SHOULD be an issue. My whole point with everything I've said on this thread is that this kind of stuff IS an issue in the big scope of things, whether we like it or not. For most people stuff like this won't matter, but for some it will.

I mean read this thread that you're posting in. It's proof that this is an issue.

There's ideals and there's reality. Unfortunately the two rarely meet and we're always left to deal with the reality.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by PaceIsTheTrick]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I don't see it as a 'small issue'. I see it as the beginning of his reveal. I understand, and have since kindergarten, why we say the pledge of allegiance. It is an oath of loyalty to the flag, and the nation it represents.

The words are simple and profound:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

So to diss it, not honor it, IMO, you are saying:

I do not pledge allegiance to this flag of the United States or the republic for which it stands, I will not recognize that this Nation is considered under the care of God, it is divisable, and to hell with liberty or justice for all.

IMO

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
LOL. Those photos with the light behind him making him look divine are funny as hell. If I had seen one of them in a magazine or something, I would not have noticed it. But seeing them together, plus the one of his wife, it really does look like he is being sold as a saviour by the press.

And I agree with the poster who noted that he had been hyped as a possible "candidate that could unite the parties," a few years ago. I remember that. That is the main reason I personally am suspicious of him. He is too well liked by the corporate types. (Despite the fact that he is avoiding their money) Someone else said the phrase "trojan horse" and that is what I am worried about. That he will get in, and download a bunch of stuff we wont be able to get back out of the hard drive. (such as seriously undermining the constitution in some way that favors corporations but not the US citizen) Granted, I dont like the other two candidates any better, but he makes me the most nervous because he has such wide support from the big power players.

Someone mentioned that he has every right to favor the "black" side of his heritage over the white side, and quite frankly, I think that is ridiculous. His "white" family raised him. And he grew up in areas that did not have a "black community" with which he could have gained some sense of his "history," at least while he lived on Oahu, because I was raised there myself, around the same time frame, and there is no thriving "black community" he could have been associated with. Definitely not in the area he was from. And Punahou school? Mostly rich white kids, (or "hapa" which means "half" white kids.)

In Hawaii, there is a practice of "hanai" which is a loose form of fostering, and often particularly in small towns, people fairly regularly, (at least in the recent past) are/were raised by people not their blood relatives. And the people who raise you are your people. No matter what your skin color is, or your DNA says. That doesnt mean you forget your blood family, but to toss aside the people who spent their life with you, and cared for you, fed you, protected you, and identify only with the side of your family that pretty much abandoned you is a character flaw in my humble opinion. And in Obama's case, the "white" side of his family is also his blood. He looks just like his white Grandpa, only tanner.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Someone mentioned that he has every right to favor the "black" side of his heritage over the white side, and quite frankly, I think that is ridiculous. His "white" family raised him. And he grew up in areas that did not have a "black community" with which he could have gained some sense of his "history," at least while he lived on Oahu, because I was raised there myself, around the same time frame, and there is no thriving "black community" he could have been associated with. Definitely not in the area he was from. And Punahou school? Mostly rich white kids, (or "hapa" which means "half" white kids.)
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I am weary that he has the opportunity to speak to both black and white, to stand there and unite by pointing out that he is living proof that we are all the same, and he does not do that. Instead he chooses a side of his heritage, black, and refutes the white side of himself. If he truly wanted to unite the nation, he would heal old wounds by helpning close them, not rub salt in them.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I don't see it as a 'small issue'. I see it as the beginning of his reveal. I understand, and have since kindergarten, why we say the pledge of allegiance. It is an oath of loyalty to the flag, and the nation it represents.

The problem is that Obama supporters see this as a non-issue. They don't connect all the Obama "change" talk and the issue with Obama not respecting the flag.

In fact, pointing this out is usually considered dirty politics.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
LOL. Those photos with the light behind him making him look divine are funny as hell. If I had seen one of them in a magazine or something, I would not have noticed it. But seeing them together, plus the one of his wife, it really does look like he is being sold as a saviour by the press.

You should see his divineness as he stands along side with the mere mortal Oprah Winfrey.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wutone, where are you finding these pics? Is the media really enhancing them like this?

We all know Oprah is like Mary Magdaline where Obama is concerned. You have people like Oprah who couldn't even do a Calculus problem making millions and the scientist struggling to make ends meet curing cancer.

Yeah, we need more that alright.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Wutone, where are you finding these pics? Is the media really enhancing them like this?

nymag.com...

It is ridiculous isn't it?

I don't think that Obama is "black Jesus" that Rev Wright is referring to but the media on the other hand......

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Absolutely rediculous. The guy's ego was big enough before all this, but now, he is probably starting to believe it.

The sheep of the world need a Shepard and have chose him to flock to. If you are a leader and can think for yourself, you know this is just silly but affects everyone in America if he is elected.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
To get back on topic I have taken the time to read Michelle Obama's thesis.

On a factual level, it is very difficult to compare Michelle Obama's thesis to a racist rant especially especially given the environment that she was in.

There are some points that lead to questioning, however. There is a paragraph where she equates "conservative values" with "white goals". This belief gives me suspicion that her politics do have a racist twist although much less than that of Rev Wright. It is as if she feels contaminated by "white"values, the desire to gain a high paying job or get accepted into a post grad school, and it turned her away from her earlier views of being for the black community first.

Her conclusions are also a bit questionable. Her thesis is officially about racial divide yet it seems that her goal is for the better education of blacks. On the surface this is ok. Taken into context of the thesis and her politics, she is gonna want to tax the hell out of everything in order to benefit one group.

Honestly it is very hard to conclude that Michelle Obama is racist based on her thesis, at least any more racist than any random person.

Her association with that Trinity United Church is a different story. Just look at the website, change all the "black", and "african-centric" words to "white" and "euro-centric" and it will be obvious.

Do the Obama's actually believe what Rev Wright and his church believe in? Who knows? If the do, then that does call into question about the qualifications of the Obama's as the first family. If they don't, then the Obama's are deceptively using the black community for political goals.

Either way, in addition to all the media fawning, the Obama candidacy is a sick joke and the American people are being played on a massive scale.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Very true.

the Obama's are deceptively using the black community for political goals.

In fact, this has been Reverand Manning's beef with Obama. Do a search for "Trinity of Hell" on Youtube. It is a bit comical but does drive home some points.

Also, learn about Obama's brother in Keyna and how he believes America (a White nation) has corrupted African Americans from their true culture in Africa.

All about Obama

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Maybe you should put up a photo of Billary wearing a Walmart vest as Walton announces to audience that "Hillary is one of us" when she whored out for China Mart and then crapped out NAFTA, then jumped on neocon war bandwagon until March 2006, around election run.........hmmmmm.

Would you compare Hillary with JFK ?
You feel inspired by her unleashing her Dike DA on WACO.
Her only WH staffer of male gender, was Vince Foster, rest were Lezbo's from her lezbo college Welsley for women.

Her lezbo Muslim lover secretary, is in Karl Roves hoover files I'm sure.

Michelle distrusts white man..........so what.
Hillary distrust men..........that is a problem, which we all understand and sympathize with that, but only fridgid lezbo's from Welsley for women could have emphathy with that.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vanosman

vanosman,

By your own definition you have smeared, slandered and misrepresented about ATS member FlyersFan. Very bad taste. I strongly suggest you edit your post.

In your next post, you've done the same to Hillary Clinton and her entire staff. Let's play nice, huh?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Ah, bigbert the elitist. When you can't win the debate on logic and reason, pull out your credentials and pretend that they give you bonus points. That's when every knows just how bad your losing the argument. Now Hillary is not only dishonest, she is also a racist.

The fact that Hillary is still in the race is the only thing that is keeping the repub attack machine at bay. If and when Obama gets the nom, shortly afterwards, you will be seriously missing the good ole respectful days of the primaries.

Is this rumor true? Who knows, but is sure scares Obama's supporters because they know how possible it is that this rumor could be true, and how badly it would tear apart Obama's bid. Arrogant statements like you claiming Obama supporters are right because they have a higher demographic of college grads is the kind of stuff that will make so many of us indifferent to Obama's political destruction.

First they float the rumor, to build the buzz, and then they bring out the proof, and bombard the airwaves. Have the last four years been that long for you that you don't remember the tactics from then. The only purpose Obama serves is to defeat Hillary, because the Clintons are the only people to have beaten the repubs to the white house since 1980. Were you even alive then?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question
I say that ALL politicians be exposed. Not just the silly racist comment.

(Alleged) Racist comments by the spouse of the potential President of the United Staes aren't 'silly'.

Originally posted by Ameneter
When individuals of a racial group get together it is common practice for them to refer to other races in the vernacular. It does not mean they are racist.

Whenever I have been with friends who are white we have NEVER EVER used slang to describe people who were black or brown. NEVER. And in fact, we aren't obssessed with skin color so the subject never comes up. Or at least - the subject of black people didn't come up until Barry and Michelles obvious racism came up.

After all Obama has admitted to past drug use. Can he now be described as a drug addict?
Actually, he admitted to being a drug addict. He said he 'struggled' with coc aine. Struggle = addiction. He is a former drug addict.

Have you ever used the N-word in the presence of your friends?

No.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
"Why have the Republicans been so easy on Obama?" If they had a big gun like that set aside, that would explain the strategy...

Yes. Obama has given them plenty of fodder and it's not being used.
Rezko. Ayers. Stolen speeches. Etc.
Perhaps they are holding back and letting him get the nomination
before exposing him. Thus helping the GOP in the fall.

Originally posted by centurion1211
he also be right about O(bs)ama's connection to organized crime?

Rezko runs deep. It's not just the improperly bought home ... it runs deep and has connections that run as far as Iraq.

Anyone that votes because of tripe like this get the government they deserve.

Having racists in the White House isn't 'tripe'. It's serious. Therefore the concern is serious.

We are discussing his wife and what she might have said.

If she said it then it goes to the heart of his whole campaign.

IF she said it then that is another proof that Mr. Unity isn't unity. Mr. Hope isn't hope. Mr. Change isn't change. She is his spouse and therefore his biggest advisor. Her thuoghts and his mingle. Her feelings and his are entwined.

SINCE THIS WAS DIRECTED AT ME - THE OP -

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I think it is dispicable that people circulate rumor threads like this.

I find it appauling that you would put your head in the sand and not want to know what tactics and/or truths were going on in this country.

Where is your morality? Where are your values?

I am not the subject of this thread. You are off topic.
My morality and values are just peachy keen, than you very much.

Are you so pure that you never did anything in your life which could be equated to the act in your rumor?

I'm very sure.

Well actually yes, you have. You spread this rumor.

Well actually NO I HAVE NOT. I'm not spreading a rumor. To do so would be to say it's the truth. I said that this is a RUMOR and we are discussing it at a discussion site which is the PURPOSE OF THIS SITE - to debunk and/or show something as true.

Are you so afraid of someone's skin color that you resort to the abandonment of any social or moral values?

Oh .. and typical Obamatron …. Shoot the messenger with the facts and call them racist. :shk: pathetic.

The Obama family has certainly shown far more moral rectitude than you have done here.

Oh .. and
Rezko, Ayers, Uncle Wright, CFR. Oh they are moral alright!
NOT!

Why in the world would anyone listen to what you have to say. You discredit yourself.

Sounds like YOU are the one who is afraid of facts.

The FACT is that there is a rumor going around the internet.
We are discussing if it could be true or if it’s a tactic of the GOP or Clintons.
That’s the purpose of a site like this. So get over yourself.

Originally posted by zephyrs
focuses on true political issues instead of coming out and saying something like, "Don't vote for Obama! He hates whitey.."

That would be a political issue. ANYONE who wants to be POTUS shouldn't be racist. Be it anti-white or anti-black or anti-asian ... it's an issue. Take David Duke for example ....

Originally posted by PaceIsTheTrick
If Cindy McCain said something racist or homophobic, etc. you think the Dems would ignore it?

Hell no. MSNBC would be covering it 24/7. It would be a hot ticket item.
AND ... it would be a legitimate issue.

Originally posted by jetxnet
Brave New Obamian World

I've seen this video. It's funny as hell!!

Originally posted by space cadet
the US and the world for that matter, are NOT ready for a black president.

I believe we are. It's just a matter of the RIGHT person. Obama isn't it.

A rumor of a spouse that MIGHT have said something, sometime, somewhere, is NOW parcelled on to a candidate.

That's just it. It's a rumor of a tape. Is this a GOP or Clinton tactic and there is no tape? BUT .. if there is a tape, then it definately DOES reflect upon the candidate. Afterall - the spouse is the closest advisor the president has and the president MUST believe at least somewhat like the spouse or they wouldn't be able to stay married.

Originally posted by Zealott
Michelle is pretty cute

I wonder if she’s had plastic surgery or something. Her early pictures don’t look the same.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Originally posted by vanosman
And how exactly is reporting that there is a RUMOR of a tape that FLYERSFAN [SNIP]

First ... clean up your language. That's nasty.

Second ... the point of this site is to discuss these things and try to see if they are true or not.

It's hard to know without seeing the (alleged) tape. However, the fact is that the rumor is running the internet. We can discuss the possible reasons for the rumor. It's legitimate.

IF there was a rumor about me going around saying what you said - then I would hope someone would have the good sense to start a thread and debunk the rumor.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by FlyersFan]

removed sexual reference

[edit on 19/5/08 by masqua]

[edit on 5/19/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Things we can't say about Obama;

We can't talk about his ears - it makes him nervous

We can't talk about his mother.

We can't Talk about his father.

We can't talk about his grandmother unless he brings her up as a "typical white person"

We can't talk about his wife.

We can't talk about his pastor.

we can't talk about his terrorist friends.

We can't talk about his voting record

We can't talk about his religion.

We can't talk about his color or lack of his color.

We can't talk about his middle name - Hussein

We can't talk about his voting record

We can't talk about his lack of experience

We can't talk about his income

We can't talk about his flag pin.

We can't call him a liberal.

Question: Who is Barak Hussein Obama?

Answer: I don't, I can't talk about him.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'd say the term 'hack' fits Rove quite nicely.

from dictionary.com

Hack:

2. a professional who renounces or surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward in the performance of a task normally thought of as involving a strong personal commitment: a political hack.

My word for people like Rove is 'scumbag' but the definition above fits him well.

reply to post by FlyersFan

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
is it irony when former slaves are more racist than their former masters?

you americans are all messed up, with all your racial crap.

and you even dare to wonder why you nation is so divided.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFanWell actually NO I HAVE NOT. I'm not spreading a rumor. To do so would be to say it's the truth. I said that this is a RUMOR and we are discussing it at a discussion site...

You are deluding yourself if you think you are not "spreading" a rumor. Furthermore, the motto of this site is to Deny Ignorance which, as can be clearly seen by reading the many replies, this thread does not live up to that. When many of your recent threads have been over-the-top Obama-bashers, it is absurd to think that your motive is not a valid topic for discussion, as long as the T & C are not violated.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join