It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Magnitude 2.1
Date-Time

* Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 17:35:15 UTC
* Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 10:35:15 AM at epicenter

Location 36.263°N, 115.401°W
Depth 0 km (~0 mile) set by location program
Region NEVADA
Distances

* 16 km (10 miles) NNW (338°) from Summerlin South, NV
* 18 km (11 miles) WNW (296°) from Las Vegas, NV
* 21 km (13 miles) E (88°) from Mount Charleston, NV

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters Nph= 47, Dmin=0 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 0,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=1
Source

* Seismological Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno

Event ID nn00251021

they have moved down into vegas... a city built on sand...hmmmm, I would have to say anything substantial would be bad there.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
external image

external image

[img=512x384]

external image

external image

SkyWatcher's Hawaii volcano pix.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Those pictures are something else.

I thought the article I read awhile back talked about how land would liduidify if there was possibly a 5.5 but it might not be in the exact location you are talking about. It was telling of how many people live in the areas and so on.

I'm still going with all that is happening now is going to be much better then what was/might have been either now or in the future.

We as a people are going to have to observe and move accordingly to ground changes and I feel ground changes are in process.

I also repeat we need to be aware of Nuclear waste and watch for ufo sightings they pick up in areas where events happen because they watch and record everything.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Wait till you see the ones of me and my friend standing on the rim of the new part of the caldera. As far back as you can see is how big that sucker is. The parks main HQ almost got swallowed up when that latest one formed, The one that you will see clearly behind us.

The first pic is one little vent from the volcano not the big one.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Sky watcher]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I was reading up on some Edgar Cayce and of course came across his prediction of a pole shift and the accuracy of that, followed up by his statements about Vesuvius and Pellee, so I go look at the quake map and see that earthquake activity is currently taking place very near both volcanos, tonight a quake hit near Athens Greece, only 85 miles from Kalamata. Makes me nervous for all, if you have ever read the Cayce prediction you will know that it could mean real trouble for Nevada, California, New York, and many other locations.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Interesting, I just went and did some reading and maybe it is the three volcanoes going together that will start havoc. ?????

I'm still hoping this stops, but I also know whatever is to be will be.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I had those Sierra Nevada precursors last night. I'm thinking around Smoke Creek, NV again... because that's where the EQs were last time. The pains were much less intense this time. I also spoke with a friend this morning who mentioned the same "symptoms".

And I'm still getting the Peru, Brazil & Columbia precursor. I'm trying to confirm this one with others. Because if it is a precursor pain, then this EQ may be a big one, as I've had this pain for four days now. I've noticed that, with me, the longer the lead time, the higher mag EQ.

I'm going to have to say Oregon again as well. And I think I felt some Mexico yesterday afternoon.

And last but not least, Mt. St. Helens-- I going to put that down based on a couple precursors that I'm also hearing from others.

Charlotte is down the past few days with a terrible flu, so is not able to make any forecasts. And yesterday, she got news of a death in her family, a favorite niece killed by a drunk driver. Our thoughts are with her.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
11 a.m. I just noticed ants on my kitchen counter by the coffee machine. I have never seen ants in my kitchen in 9 years of living here. And as Charlotte says, they are not in the sugar, but they are in the dog dish on the floor, and around the espresso machine and blender on the counter. She says that within 12 hours of the ants suddenly disappearing, the EQ may strike. If the ants outside are moving egg sacks from their nests, the EQ will be more severe.

So as much as I hate to say it, the precursor I and others felt last night, may not be for Smoke Creek after all, but for our area. I hope not. We are also in Charlotte's window for an aftershock.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Offshore Northern California, 3.0

Not big, but in the subduction zone again.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My house started to flood this morning, We had 3.5 inches of rain in one hour and it overwhelmed the storm drains. It was pouring into my yard from every direction so I called the county and got the fire department and they then called the county utilities who showed up two hours later after the water had seeped through the walls and foundation into my living room, Thankfully it is all tile and I was home to save the entertainment center from shorting down.

What a mess, The supervisor for the county came out and I was about to rip his head off because I had been complaining about how high the water would get when it rained hard for years. Well the guy was an old friend of mine from high school and now that he knows that it my house he is going to make a Levey and ditch to try and stop so much water from hitting my storm drains at once.

Unfortunately we have more rain coming in off the gulf now. I will check in time to time as to take my mind off this crap.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sky so sorry to hear what you are going though.

I just watched a show called mega-disasters and it was about our Dams. Most of the Dams in the USA were built 40 -50+ years ago and even with them being marvels at the time most have not been kept up the way they should have been.

The Army Core of Engineer's are finding that on some of these Dams the land underneath can liquidify if a earthquake were to hit.

They talked about the 8 Dam's in the Oregon area and about if a 6.5 quake hit in or around "Eugene". They say the area would handle the quake fairly well but it would be the landslides that fell into the waters that would cause the Dam to give way for example.

They talk about how most the the Dam's in the USA were built so long ago and now geologist are finding many problems with the grounds they were built on.

They say rains especially during earthquakes are a great danger to our Dams.

I need not say millions of people live below Dams in the USA and these Dam's will go right into the Valley's that all the peoples developed.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by observe50]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Thanks, I just hope they fix it so it cant happen again or im going to need to make a big stink with the country and FEMA because its them that pay if my house gets flooded.

I did not know they had so many dams in Oregon but then again there are usually many up north.

I dont like the looks of this quake.
Magnitude 3.0 - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
2008 June 22 04:49:50 UTC

It is right on the end of the fault line and the line runs south right into California.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I noticed another disappearing EQ. This time it was on the southern Idaho border near Montana.

I'd left the USGS map up on my computer screen while I ran errands and I just sat down and saw the EQ, and then without thinking, clicked on it for details, and of course, the EQ was gone. And I didn't take a screen shot. It looked like about a 3.0-3.5. What is it with USGS and EQs in southern Montana, southeastern Idaho? Why is it EQs in this area are the ones most often deleted?

Sorry to hear about your house, SkyWatcher. I hope the rain stops, at least until they can do something to prevent it from happening again.

edit for typo

[edit on 6/22/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

That area has gone big in the past. I don't like this one either.

OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances 74 km (46 miles) W (278°) from Petrolia, CA
77 km (48 miles) WSW (257°) from Ferndale, CA
87 km (54 miles) WSW (247°) from Humboldt Hill, CA
93 km (58 miles) WSW (244°) from Eureka, CA
376 km (234 miles) NW (322°) from San Francisco City Hall, CA

The Cape Mendocino Earthquake Sequence (also called the Petrolia, Ferndale or Lost Coast earthquake): April 25, 1992, 11:06 a.m. PDT, magnitude 7.1; April 26, 12:41 a.m. PDT, magnitude 6.6; 4:18 a.m. PDT, magnitude 6.7. The first large historic earthquake generally thought located along the Cascadia subduction zone megathrust, and the largest historic onshore earthquake of the century. The April 25 earthquake produced some of the strongest ground shaking ever recorded. It uplifted a 12-mile stretch of coastline near Cape Mendocino by one to four feet, killing intertidal communities of barnacles, sea urchins and algae. The motion of the sea floor produced a tsunami that reached coastal communities within minutes and reached a maximum height 1 1/2 feet at Crescent City. The mainshock and large aftershocks caused on the order of $60 million in damages and resulted in a federal disaster declaration.

Then there is the Mendocino fracture zone in that area as well.

The Mendocino Fault Earthquake: September 1, 1994, 8:15 a.m. PDT, magnitude 6.9. The largest earthquake ever recorded along the Mendocino fault. The earthquake was felt from south of San Francisco to Roseburg, Oregon but caused little damage due to its far offshore location. The widely felt magnitude 6.6 earthquake from the same region on February 18, 1995, is believed to have been triggered by the Mendocino fault earthquake.

www.humboldt.edu...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
An odd feeling of danger and of alarm just came over me. Not sure what it was all about, then my lower jaw started to throb. Had mixed emotions all day about today. .

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Magnitude 4.4 - NORTHERN COLOMBIA
2008 June 22 13:07:46 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 6/22/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Magnitude 2.8
Date-Time Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 02:17:59 UTC
Saturday, June 21, 2008 at 09:17:59 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.634°N, 97.002°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region OKLAHOMA

Caught one lol. This is right by where the other 3. something disappeared in the middle of the air bases.

Yeah Kat thankfully it did not rain much more and its going to clear up tomorrow. Hopefully that quake off the coast of northern California was a stress reliever and not a prelude to something bigger.

I thought this was a strange place for a quake but I see a few in the historical map.
Magnitude 5.9 - NORTHEASTERN SAKHA, RUSSIA
2008 June 22 23:56:29 UTC

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think I scored a hit ya'll! How exciting, I am going to try again soon! Here are the stats:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Today I am having very high pitched ear ringing, still have pain in my neck, dead center at the top of my spine. Also rib pain, front and back on the right side, this had gone away but presented itself again this afternoon. Headache in the temples only.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Nice hit, Space Cadet.

I popped back onto the thread to post my prediction for Alaska, >5.0 or in water or of volcanic origin. I've got a drilling pain in my right temple and and general pain in the right side of my head from the jaw to the ear. It could also be Monserrat or the Phillipines, but I'm going with Alaska.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join