It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
5:23AM, Since last night at around 7ish EST, I have had this very painful headache, in the front part of my head, in the forehead, That has not gone away. Its getting to be a rather big annoyance. Followed by 2 hours later my girlfriend started complaining of the same symptoms. Off to work, i will talk you you all later

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I work 3rd as most of you already know, I got off this morning and had an extremely loud and shrill ringing in my ears, I was anxious and nervous and could not sleep when I came home, I had pressure building in my head and by 600pm I was hearing a rushing sound in my ears along with the shrill ringing. My nose started running ( I don't have a cold or alergy) and my eyes felt like they were bulging with pressure. I cancelled dinner and sent my hubby to McDonalds for his supper. After he had eaten and watered the garden he came in and was in the restroom washing his hands and I felt a choking feeling in my throat like it was closing, I stood up and felt the floor vibrating and the toilet started making a vibrating humming sound and got pretty loud, the windows were vibrating too. I immediately felt so tired I layed down right then and have just woke back up, at 500am, and the news is reporting a quake that was less than 50 from my home, in Dalton Ga. Here is the report:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Wow, an EQ in Georgia. How common is that in your area, do you know? I suspect you may begin to feel a lot better now that your EQ has come and gone. Starred, great reading. Thanks for posting here about your EQ.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sounds like some Mexico coming through for you and your gf, Hakii. I thought I felt some Mexico myself during the night. As JustMike mentioned, the past few days, so many different precursors are making themselves known that I'm having a difficult time deciphering everything, as many regions share more than one precursor. Anyway, let's see what happens in Mexico in the next 3 days or so.

I thought there might be some central California as well. As always, we'll only consider anything 4.0+ a "hit". Same with the SF bay area again-- I thought I was feeling that again yesterday afternoon.

I still have the ants in the kitchen. There are maybe 30 to 50 at any given time, but it's still annoying and I can't tell where they're coming in, as there is not a trail of them. I've also noticed a few house spiders around lately too. I thought they would've moved outside by now, with the warm weather.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Been following your thread since the start..... great job. Just a suggestion since I'm not anywhere near a fault line. Have any of you thought of starting an ant colony to monitor their behaviour prior/during after an earthquake?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Airteck, that's a good idea. Thanks. I had an ant colony once but I killed them all.

Maybe damntheptb would have better luck??? It really is an interesting idea.

I notice SoCal is shaking, but in a different location....

SoCal, 3.0

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Better go to Home Depot and get the gallon of pesticide that is safe for the dogs, It is the kind that has a nozzle on it and hose so you can spray it on the base boards and inside the edges of the cabinets.

I use that stuff and it works for inside and outside. For spiders in the attic I use the commercial powder that gets blown into the attic by a reverse type shop vac. I rented one here with the pesticide for around $50.00. Spiders only eat every so often and they hide in hard to get a places. This is killer food for them and it goes everywhere and sticks to everything up there including them, They eat it off and its by by for them. Its not real messy like the regular foggers either.

Its is shaking everywhere nowadays.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Even a shovel full of ants into a jar to see how they react during the next tremor you have should let you know if it's a worthwhile experiment. Just a thought that popped into my head as I saw them scrambling before a rain storm where I live.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sky, I never use pesticides, not even in my garden. I will always look for a natural way to deal with insect problems. Usually with ants, I just put some baking soda across their path when I find their way in and they won't cross it. As for spiders, it's just a couple house spiders. I've never seen a black widow in the house, but they are in the garage when it gets cold. And every Spring, I do a bug hunt around the house and kill the black widows before they can breed. It keeps the population down.

Haha, Airtech, I'll just shovel some of the ants out of my kitchen and put them in a jar. Seriously though, the ants are a great idea for an experiment, but I'll probably kill them again. These are tiny tiny ants, and actually, as of this morning, I can only see a couple now. I put some baking soda behind the fridge. Next time I'm in town, I'll look for an ant farm at a pet store. Maybe with directions, I won't kill them. And I think with an ant farm, you get those big ants.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

JustMike, thanks for taking the time-- and I know that took some time-- to make that .gif for us. It really puts those offshore EQ's into perspective.

(I hope you received applause for that work!)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Good idea, that...something like the miners' canary in a way...not the same but the concept of watching what nature does is always a good one -- so why not? Not very useful where I am as we almost never have a quake over about a 1.0 but for Kat an Damntheptb and others (like Billbryan and Tela) in quake zones I think it's brilliant! We really appreciate your ideas and support!!

I know what you mean about the ants before rain...I've watched them cover their holes with stones sometimes...When they do that you know it's really going to pour down...

BTW if you haven't already and you like the thread, could you please go back and star/flag the Original Post? It's amazing that this thread has been running around a month and we're now on page 40-something but we've had so little input from other members. There must be more members who could take part as you have done...any ideas/suggestions can only help to further the cause but so few seem to even know about it...

Mike

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thank you!
It was a bitch to set up to be honest...but it's sure interesting to see how those quakes panned out. But applause? No, not from any mods... I guess we're too peaceful and law-abiding so they're leaving us alone.

Hmmm...maybe there is a subtle lesson in that...But that would be for another thread...

Back to this one and its main purpose: I am not getting any indicators of anything major in the US region right now but if that changes I'll post about it.

How-ever...I am viewing Indonesia with some concern. Okay, they get mag 5's there almost every day but I mean bigger. The indications I'm getting are of at least high-level mag six but quite possibly well into the 7 range. I'm trying to narrow down the region because Indonesia covers a pretty big area but I might have to study it further. At present I'd say southern regions like Sumatra or Java. For this prediction I consider the time window could be more than the usual three days. However I'll set an upper limit of one week on the time window, meaning by the end of July 1st.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks Mike for the links they are a great help.

I was surprised that yesterday Fox News didNOT report at all on the 4 quake near LA but at 9 this morning they had a small segment showing a home in the middle of a row that fell down. Nothing else at all today.

I wonder if in time we can make a connection with that red stuff off Southern Cal and the earthquakes?

It's been 37 years since I felt a smallish quake where I am so if one hits here it is very unusual. SE PA

I'm also surprised we have been left alone but this is probably a good thing.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

JustMike alerted me to the USGS map just before he signed off-- a little earthquake flurry in Calif/Nevada.

little EQ flurry, California & Nevada

Observe, as we titled this thread, and explained in the OP, this is an experiment. We're not vouching for any method of predicting earthquakes, but we're willing to try them to see what happens. I don't really see how anyone can argue with that.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Airtech, back to the ants. I do have a few ant colonies in the back garden that I keep an eye on. They seem normal today. I think the tiny ones on the kitchen floor came in because I flooded them out when I watered the garden. They are now gone, except one or two.

I do like the ant farm idea a lot and plan to get one.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

BTW if you haven't already and you like the thread, could you please go back and star/flag the Original Post? It's amazing that this thread has been running around a month and we're now on page 40-something but we've had so little input from other members. There must be more members who could take part as you have done...any ideas/suggestions can only help to further the cause but so few seem to even know about it...

Mike

Yes I agree!!!!

we have had over 21,000 views in just over a month, with 814 posts, yet we only have 21 flags and 16 stars....

I know we have some "regulars" who participate daily, and I am SURE that we have a lot of other people checking in to see whats new, and we are getting some newer people.... THANKS

but i agree, If you haven't yet flagged and starred this post, than please do.
This is an ongoing experiment, and we arent putting any restrictions on methods for prediction, all are welcome, and I know I have learned a lot since this swarm started, and a lot more from my fellow posters here

Thanks again for all people posting, and keep up the good work.... I think we are on the fringe of something big happening, natural or not, and this can only help us with the answers we can't get from "experts"

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
another offshore Oregon, 3.6

I have to check if this one just got put up or if it's on JustMike's .gif

Did anyone see this EQ pop on the USGS map in red? It seems to me it popped onto the map in blue. Perhaps I missed it, but it seems like another long delay in posting an EQ in that subduction zone. I notice there was one south of Alaska on June 20th as well-- in the zone, I mean.

[edit on 6/24/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
6.0 in Indonesia, They are getting bigger there.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We also just had a 4.8 in the Marinas trench at a whopping depth of 72 miles.
I wonder if the depth is right on that, Seems a bit far fetched for them to pick up something that deep. I know thats the deepest part of the ocean but wow.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

6.0 Mw - NIAS REGION, INDONESIA
Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 6.0 Mw
Date-Time 25 Jun 2008 02:53:28 UTC

Yes, I wonder if this is the foreshock for the bigger EQ JustMike predicted earlier?

Off subject, but the smoke from the Northern California fires is so bad here that we can't leave the house. I took shots of the blood red sun just before it went down tonight. It was eerie.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Hey Katt, you are right, the release of this local earthquake had an effect on me of total exhaustion, I couldn't hold my eyes open. I woke up early this morning (tues morning) and felt great for about 45 minutes, then a strong pain hit in my right backside, very low. I just told my hubby ( and I have been betting on it all afternoon) that I think something hit around 415 to 430pm today in the upper portion of south america, I was sure of it. I am not completely out of pain in my lower backside, but it is soooo much better right now. I had to lay on my bed between 4-5, it was that debilitating.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join