It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim student threatens to kill epileptic teacher's service dog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I like dogs more than Islam. But, I won't throw no muslim out of my store.Thank the Gods for dogs! Dogs in search and rescue (to find people that suicide bombers blow up. And thank the dogs for sniffing out trouble. Dogs are better than all the jerks from some religion who do not respect dogs (they are IDIOTS and ASS-CLOWNS...period.... ) .

[edit on 13-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Shria Law Courts proposed to have one rule for one people and one for another.

You must have missed the part where the Archbishop of Cantebury was nearly laughed out of office and every major political party, and the major muslim community leaders all said that such things were a stupid idea and will never be a part of the legal system in the UK.

You don't read the Daily Scaremonger by any chance do you?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know, this is what I love about ATS.

12,000 people dead from an earquake in China.
Bush blames the Iranians for destabilising the Middle East peace process because they have ties to Hezbollah, when the US is giving a $10billion military aid package to Israel and turfed over Iraq.
And yet here we are debating about a guy who has some strange ideas about touchign dogs and happens to be a muslim to boot.

Dem 'dere pesky fun-da mentalist muzzies. No pet is safe!

Oh, btw - from the artcile

Espe said the school's investigation determined the student did not make a direct threat.

Did anyone read that?
How about reading this from Merriam -Webster

Main Entry:
pro·pa·gan·da Listen to the pronunciation of propaganda
Pronunciation:
\ˌprä-pə-ˈgan-də, ˌprō-\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
New Latin, from Congregatio de propaganda fide Congregation for propagating the faith, organization established by Pope Gregory XV died 1623
Date:

1capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

2: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

3: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

[edit on 13/0508/08 by neformore]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by jsobecky

As far as honour killings go, it is no longer widely practised in christianity (as it used to be) but it is still practised in parts of africa as well as parts of egypt, jordan and palestine (in christian communities)

It has never been widely practiced in Christianity. You are attempting to associate tribal beliefs with religioous practices.

Of course not that long ago, in the US, if a white woman had sexual relations with a black man....

And that has never happened in the UK, right?

Riiight...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No, it hasn't as far as I am aware.

We never had the klan, or lynch mobs.

And BTW, you're wrong - it was widely practised in christianity for the same reason it happens in islam - adultery.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's his faith, but if he REALLY wanted to "convert his little world to Islam", the Somali shouldn't have threatened in any way. Force of arms will never succeed against force of reason.

Like Christians, Buddhists, Jews, and other religions, there is a fragmented acceptance and adoption by people today of their beliefs. A true Muslim wouldn't have touched the dog AND made no bones about the dog to begin with. But the student sounded off about their particular segment they chose to adopt of their religion. Taking the whole religion, as a whole, without the separate Sunni and Shia differences, and this matter wouldn't have surfaced.

In this particular instance, the student panicked, saw a way out through the Islamic superstuition that their mind could assimilate, and spoke up. Thus the problem was relieved and resolved in the student's mind ONLY.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Originally posted by neformore
Oh, btw - from the artcile

Espe said the school's investigation determined the student did not make a direct threat.

Did anyone read that?

Yes, I read that, and I concluded that it went along with this excerpt:

Things didn't go as well at Tech, Hurd said. Students there taunted his dog, and he finally felt he had to leave after he was told a student made a threat.

Iow, the guy never threatened Hurd directly, but probably told some other students that he was going to kill the dog. Someone told (warned) Hurd that the Somali threatened to kill his dog.

I don't see it as propaganda at all.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
So... he makes the news because he's Muslim?

It's like these news editors are drooling at the teeth for the smallest thing a Muslim does wrong...

What are they? Racist?

Nice of you to feel empathy for the poor kid who was intimidated into leaving the job. What he should have done is kick the # out of those two chicken# weasles.

And before you accuse me of being racist, I would say the same thing whether the person in question was a Muslim, Christian, Atheist or even a 9/11 Truther

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

No, it hasn't as far as I am aware.

Please. The intolerance in the UK is the reason this country was born.

Racism in the UK

Racial harassment is widespread and, because Black people have good reason to lack confidence in the police, only one in 20 incidents is reported. Black youth are five or six times more likely to be stopped and searched. Black people are two-and-a-half times more likely to go to jail. They get longer prison sentences and make up 12 percent of the male and 18 percent of the female prison population.

These bare facts show just how deeply rooted racist practices are in British life.

www.pww.org...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by qxlb52

Originally posted by qxlb52
In this particular instance, the student panicked, saw a way out through the Islamic superstuition that their mind could assimilate, and spoke up. Thus the problem was relieved and resolved in the student's mind ONLY.

So, iow, you're saying the epileptic student was biased and chose this incident to ...what? Discontinue his studies? Please be more clear. Which "student" are you referring to?

What about the threat? Is that some type of cultural tweak that others are supposed to ignore?

There is a very strong bond between disabled people and their service animals. The disabled rely upon the animals for their safety, indeed, their lives. And the animals are dedicated enough to put themselves in harms way for the sake of their master.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So you've gone from lynch mobs to socially deprived area's?
and from a communist blog???

That's pretty bad.

We have one of the best records in the world when it comes to tackling even a hint of racism.

I'd suggest having a look at your own country first, starting here and here

and he re

and here

and here

and here

and here

And now I'll go back to my original point - show me a case where a black man has been lynched, in the UK for having sexual congress with a white woman, rather than editting my posts to suit your own ends.

Or have you had enough?

[edit on 13/5/2008 by budski]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Honestly, I have a tough time taking a country all THAT seriously when it runs and hides behind the US at the slightest hint of danger. I'd worry about your own problems which, if you haven't noticed, are considerable.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Perhaps you'd like to supply evidence to back up that assertion.

Or perhaps you

Can't???

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

So you've gone from lynch mobs to socially deprived area's?
and from a communist blog???

That's pretty bad.

Attacking the source. About what I'd expect from one whose modus operandi is

"The most damning piece of evidence for me, is this is fox."

And now I'll go back to my original point - show me a case where a black man has been lynched, in the UK for having sexual congress with a white woman, rather than editting my posts to suit your own ends.

Lynched, beaten up, verbally assaulted. YOu saying none of this ever happened in the UK?
Because I don't believe you, nor does anyone else.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That isn't what I said, and yet again, you're dodging the question.

I repeat - show me an instance where a lynch mob has hung a black man from a tree in the UK for having sexual relations with a white woman - you know, the original question?

You've shown your level of understanding and intent by trawling things from another thread in an attempt to bait me - ain't gonna work.

If you think fox is a credible source then maybe you had better look up credible in the dictionary.

"No-one else" believes me??
You haven't even answered he question, let alone conducted a poll.

More nonsense.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

The problem there is that very few men would ever willingly have sex with the but ugly women in your country.

Why don't you tell us about the how accepted Muslims feel in your country? No problem there eh?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Not according to my muslim friends, and I have many of them - they are also just as disgusted with the radicals as anyone else is, and they also think that suicide bombers are an affront to islam.

The koran says that the taking of innocent life is hatefull in the eyes of god - they understand that.

Do you?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Not according to my muslim friends, and I have many of them - they are also just as disgusted with the radicals as anyone else is, and they also think that suicide bombers are an affront to islam.

The koran says that the taking of innocent life is hatefull in the eyes of god - they understand that.

Do you?

Oh well I have many black friends and they don't share your view of this country. So, what does that mean exactly?

And yes, I do fully understand what the koran says. I also understand that there is a segment of your population who are too ignorant to understand this and they discriminate against Muslims. I don't suppose your, "muslim friends," tell you about that do they?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Man oh man, this thread is still active?

Alright, fine. I'll strike a deal with those who are proposing we attack them.

We can go after the Muslims in a disgusting killing spree for what this one Muslim has done... on one condition, if one single Christian kills a dog, or threatens to kill a dog... the Christians all have to die as well.

Sound good?

Of course not.

Neither does verbally attacking Muslims for what this one Muslim has done either.

Quit being so bias, and look at it for what it is... one kid, getting pissed off.
It means NOTHING.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Who said it was my view - someone promoted a false premise, and I replied.

Try reading the thread, in context, before you get on your high horse and make false accusations.

Just like the false premise you're trying to promote by putting muslim friends in inverted comma's.

There are idiots in every country - but they are very much a minority, so no, my muslim friends don't have any problems except for chavs, who are a problem for everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join