It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim student threatens to kill epileptic teacher's service dog

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Muslim student threatens to kill epileptic teacher's service dog

www.sctimes.com

A St. Cloud State University student in a teacher-training program at Technical High School left the school in late April because he says he feared for the safety of his service dog.

The threat came from a Somali student who is Muslim, according to Hurd, St. Cloud State and school district officials.

The Muslim faith, which is the dominant faith of Somali immigrants, forbids the touching of dogs.

Hurd trained at Talahi Community School and Tech...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, here we go again. Another angry muslim making front page news...

www.sctimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Outrageous!

So much for the 'religion of peace'.

FLAG THE MUTHA!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

.......*drum roll*..... Your POINT IS......???

Have you gotta point there or were you hoping to incite another race war with your "can of worms" statement there?

Here we go alright.
Another prejudiced forum member looking to pick a fight.

So this one, lone Muslim's actions justifies categorizes 1.5 billion people as maniacs?
Sigh...

Can't you find something more constructive to do than spending hours trying to dig up dirt on Muslims to help exemplify your "well-constructed" arguement there?

How long did it take you to find this article by the way, I bet you searched "violent+muslims" about 10 times on a dozen search engines didn't you?

[edit on 12/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Quarantine

.......*drum roll*..... Your POINT IS......???

Have you gotta point there or were you hoping to incite another race war with your "can of worms" statement there?

Here we go alright.
Another prejudiced forum member looking to pick a fight.

So this one, lone Muslim's actions justifies categorizes 1.5 billion people as maniacs?
Sigh...

Can't you find something more constructive to do than spending hours trying to dig up dirt on Muslims to help exemplify your "well-constructed" arguement there?

How long did it take you to find this article by the way, I bet you searched "violent+muslims" about 10 times on a dozen search engines didn't you?

[edit on 12/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

Just a kind observation on my part, according to you it seems though you view this thread as a sterotype againt muslims (which is exactly right!) Quite honestly, it's silly to question "another angry muslim". Go to google and type that very quote in, maybe that will get your panties out of a bunch.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the Somali was forgetting that in strictly orthodox Islam dogs (even whilst seen as impure) should be either treated kindly or freed. Dogs may also be kept for work i.e.hunting, or even in this case helping an epileptic. Much of Islam's percieved anti canine attitude comes from it's origins among the Arabs who had rather alot of dog related superstitions.

This is a worthless story founded on an individuals' flawed understanding of their religion, history, blah, blah, blah.

I, for instance, loathe cats.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
why are all of the a holes from muslim. They are always starting things and the world is in worse condition.

Moderator-Note:

Please review this link: Profanity and Circumvention of Censors

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So... he makes the news because he's Muslim?

It's like these news editors are drooling at the teeth for the smallest thing a Muslim does wrong...

What are they? Racist?

I have personally heard at least a dozen Christians threaten to kill someones dog so far... do they make the news? No, of course not. That wouldn't be racist enough.

Besides... this isn't even conspiracy based news... it has nothing to do with ATS topics...
I think it should be removed.

News like this isn't news, it's just racist propaganda.
Above all, it's ignorant.

I, being an Atheist, hold back on posting Anti-Christian propaganda, because I believe it's wrong to attack someone solely based on religion.

Apparently some people don't have the same values I do.

If I see enough of this racist stuff against other religions, I'll reconsider my position on maintaining a calm demeanor when speaking to Christians.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This just in!!!

Devout Christian theatens to obliterate a non-threatening nation! www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Last time I was friends with a muslim he ended up shooting 5 and murdering 1 at a Jewish Federation not far from here. He did it because he was angry at Israel and about the lack of progress in Iraq. I wouldn't have seen it coming in 100 years knowing the guy, but this is what Islam does to people. It's like a damn plague.

Quite frankly I think the media has a right to be a little jumpy on muslim related stories.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Quarantine]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ah, because this Muslim guy is a jerk, it's clear we need to wage a genocidal war to eradicate Islam from the planet

That's what you guys are angling for, but can't quite bring yourselves to say out loud, right?

After all, if you accept the proposition that Islam is inherently evil, then that's the inevitable conclusion.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whitesatan

I once had a dog, back when I was ten or so. A black-mouthed cur, the same sort used in the Old Yeller film. Well, one evening, he started puking. And did not stop. We rushed him to the vet, but it was too late. Someone had poisoned my dog with rat poison. it was in his water bowl, we found out.

There is a notable lack of Somali muslims in rural Alabama. So. Do you suppose my dog poisoned himself?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The reason why so many Muslim stories are about these days is because they impose their strict ideologies on the West.

Since we are infidels we have to submit to islamic ways and the West is being bullied into some of the most stupid Islamic non tollerant rules in which we bend backwards for incase someone goes to court over being a Westerner with some Christian values we end up persecuted for being Western in the Western world. That's the sad part of it and we allow it. Every minute rule we have or liking is brought to court. So remember when you die and they won't allow a cross on your grave is because someone brought it up as an offence to them and yes that is a true story.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by The time lord]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The reason why so many Muslim stories are about these days is because they impose their strict ideologies on the West.

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?
Because it's obviously good stuff...

I don't know about you, but I haven't noticed any Muslim imams trying to impose Sharia law on me here in San Diego

In NJ I worked around the corner from a mosque.

Not only did they not blow anybody up, they never even came by the office and told us to convert

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
but this is what Islam does to people. It's like a damn plague.

Erm, riiiiight. Last time I was aware there were people being killed by non muslims.......... or are they all about to convert to Islam and put veils on your women (incidentally, the face veil for women was of Byzantine origin and was adopted by the muslims)!

I've known quite a few muslims (GASP! I've even got some in my extended family!), and I'm pretty sure they haven't killed anyone...... better watch out though!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Yeah, I'll bet. Tell me more of your homeworld, Time Lord, the bizarre reality from which you hail fascinates me to no end.

Since we are infidels we have to submit to islamic ways and the West is being bullied into some of the most stupid Islamic non tollerant rules in which we bend backwards for incase someone goes to court over being a Westerner with some Christian values we end up persecuted for being Western in the Western world.

Fascinating! I can only imagine the terror you live in in your corner of hte galaxy!

That's the sad part of it and we allow it. Every minute rule we have or liking is brought to court. So remember when you die and they won't allow a cross on your grave is because someone brought it up as an offence to them and yes that is a true story.

Wow. That is truly bizarre. Here on earth, it's Christians who were fighting tooth and nail against allowing headstones to have a Wiccan pentacle adorning them. Will the zany wacky upside-down land you hail from never cease to astound?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Bwahahaa, what, and the west doesn't impose on the Muslims?

You're seriously claiming the Muslims are the ones imposing, when the United States has sent a massive military over to the Middle East, and the death toll of the Muslim Civilians is in the hundreds of thousands thanks to that military?

Who's imposing on who?

Being an Atheist, having Christians breathing down my neck for my lack of faith is a daily occurrence, some have even been violent towards me for not being a Christian. I have NO sympathy for you. NONE.

I'd hate to have to deal with what you put the Muslims through.

I can say this for the Muslims, all the Muslims I've known have talked to me about their faith rationally. The Christians have almost always started a conversation on faith with "You're going to hell.". Yeah... you're real good people.

I'm getting really sick of all of this Religious backed ignorance.

Someone close this thread.
It was clearly intended to seed racial ignorance.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There are many legitimate reasons to conclude that Islam is not a religion of peace.

This is not one of them...

This is just the damn media taking an anti-islamic line. Unfortunately what that does is galvanise public opinion in favour of Islam being a misunderstood and opressed religion.

The media would have a much more profound effect if they quoted verses from the Koran and Hadith which prove beyond doubt that Islam is a religion of violent proselytism and intolerance to jews, hindus and christians.

As I said, there are many grounds on which one may challenge Islam, but this is not one of them.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
Last time I was friends with a muslim he ended up shooting 5 and murdering 1 at a Jewish Federation not far from here.

So your friendship drove the muslim to kill 5 people?
You are spooky.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
There are many legitimate reasons to conclude that Islam is not a religion of peace.

This is not one of them...

This is just the damn media taking an anti-islamic line. Unfortunately what that does is galvanise public opinion in favour of Islam being a misunderstood and opressed religion.

The media would have a much more profound effect if they quoted verses from the Koran and Hadith which prove beyond doubt that Islam is a religion of violent proselytism and intolerance to jews, hindus and christians.

As I said, there are many grounds on which one may challenge Islam, but this is not one of them.

Thankyou, some rationality.

See? Take this persons post as a good example people.

He clearly views Islam as a violent religion, yet he is capable of saying it with intelligence... not just the blind "my religion is better than yours" crap.

When you post like this guy did, you retain your credibility.

While I may disagree with his views, I respect his ability to state it rationally.
For that, I am adding him to my friends list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join