It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim student threatens to kill epileptic teacher's service dog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You're way off topic, derailing this thread. What does this have to do with the OP?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Really?

You a mod now?

Hit the complaint button, that's what it's there for.

Pitifull behaviour - can't win an argument so resorts to petty playground stuff.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If I had been in that class and heard him say that, I would have beat him with a bat after class....bone breaking time.....he would then get good treatment in a hospital and when he got out I would pound his ass again. A dog's life is worth much more to me than a muslims.

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/5/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
do u think if it was a non muslim it would be so widely publicised

(sorry is someones already said this)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
If I had been in that class and heard him say that, I would have beat him with a bat after class....bone breaking time.....he would then get good treatment in a hospital and when he got out I would pound his ass again. A dog's life is worth much more to me than a muslims.

An Internet tough guy?
Gee I never see that kind of attitude from Republicans.
Save it for the battlefield, Armchair Warrior.

Debate this matter all you like, attack and bash Muslims all you like.

The simple matter of fact here is:
The student did not commit a crime, break a rule or physically do anything to warrant such attention.
I could understand if he actually harmed the dog in some way.

But threatening an animal?
Oh boo-friggin'-hoo, cry me a river Conservatives...

If it was a Jew or a Christian setting a dog on fire hell you'd never even hear about it.

But no, if a person slips on a banana peel these days the propaganda outlets always find a way to tie it to Muslims somehow.
Are we going to have a News Article every time a Muslim takes a dump too?

This is such sensationalist bullsh*t. Student threatening a dog.
Yeah you better arm the ICBM's....

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
Last time I was friends with a muslim he ended up shooting 5 and murdering 1 at a Jewish Federation not far from here. He did it because he was angry at Israel and about the lack of progress in Iraq. I wouldn't have seen it coming in 100 years knowing the guy, but this is what Islam does to people. It's like a damn plague.

Quite frankly I think the media has a right to be a little jumpy on muslim related stories.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Quarantine]

Well here in the west of scotland you will find that Christians regularily beat the crap out of each other and occasionally kill one another simply because they are the wrong colour of christian. Blue being protestant and green being catholic. This is because of the influx of Irish immigrants from many years ago and the hatred continues.

Have we forgotten about all the people blown up by WHITE CHRISTIANS in the UK because of the partition of Ireland? I mean these white christians even managed to blow up a few MP's and almost got the PM at the time. Brown Muslims have never come this close.......

So is christianity a plague given what it drives people to do?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Umm, that article proves nothing about racism in the UK. It proves that black people commit a higher percentage of the crimes than white people.

I saw nothing in the article to say that these people have been falsely accused or imprisoned, just that there were more black people in trouble than white. Surprising, but evidently the case.

I personally love the British posters who have put things like "I know lots of Muslims and they haven't killed anyone..."

Yes, and that is because they are westernised. This means they have come into our sociey and are forced to accept our laws (until the Archibishop of Cantebury gets his way...) and so they cannot do what they would in their countries of origin.

I laugh at anyone who claims the Muslims are being victimised or persecuted - you evidently know nothing of the history of Islam. Islam is ABOUT persecution.

Muslims had a slave trade equally, if not more, prolific than western slave trades due to their proximity with Africa, however the reason the Arab states do not have a significantly large black population is that the Muslims kindly castrated the slaves before shipping them over.

Combined with the frequence and horrible, horrible nature of honour killings and the general pack mentality that goes with it (I read an article about women's families luring them out into the deserts and getting their young brothers to stab them - it nearly made me cry).

And to top it all off, there was the infamous case of the poor woman in Saudi who was on death row for being a witch! I believe King Abdullah was petitioned - did the poor woman get released or was she executed? I did not hear a conclusion to that story.

I'm not religious, and I'm very tolerant of "religious" people as most modern religious have adapted to modern life, or preach a message against war and violence.

Islam is not one of these religious. It is not a nice religion. There is no way of arguing otherwise - go read a history book!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by Quarantine
Last time I was friends with a muslim he ended up shooting 5 and murdering 1 at a Jewish Federation not far from here. He did it because he was angry at Israel and about the lack of progress in Iraq. I wouldn't have seen it coming in 100 years knowing the guy, but this is what Islam does to people. It's like a damn plague.

Quite frankly I think the media has a right to be a little jumpy on muslim related stories.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Quarantine]

Well here in the west of scotland you will find that Christians regularily beat the crap out of each other and occasionally kill one another simply because they are the wrong colour of christian. Blue being protestant and green being catholic. This is because of the influx of Irish immigrants from many years ago and the hatred continues.

Have we forgotten about all the people blown up by WHITE CHRISTIANS in the UK because of the partition of Ireland? I mean these white christians even managed to blow up a few MP's and almost got the PM at the time. Brown Muslims have never come this close.......

So is christianity a plague given what it drives people to do?

The religious backdrop for the conflict marrs the true reasons for it - the Irish "liberation" of NI.

Did you know that Northern Ireland chose to join the UK?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

For four wasted years British soldiers had endured the mud, blood and spattered guts of Flanders. While they were butchering and being butchered by their fellow White men, some of Britain's major cities were being invaded by racial aliens who had been imported by the Government to aid the war effort.

The war ended in November 1918. Those Britons who survived the ordeal of criminal insanity which wrecked and exhausted Europe were supposed to come home to a 'Land Fit For Heroes.' In fact, they came home to encounter unemployment, poverty and Coloured immigrant populations interbreeding with White women.

The young men of that era had not been steeped in liberal-minority propaganda by the media, but had been schooled in the horrors of trench warfare. The stage was set for an explosion of racial violence, and it came as surely as the summer.

Close to the bottom of the page on the left side, you will see:

Race Riot of 1919

click, and anyone can read the racial explosion which occurred that year.

In the UK the term "lynching" is used very differently. It is when a group assaults another (I am paraphrasing since I forgot to copy that part). So, the odds are is that what happened in the U.S. with actually hanging black men, what is termed "lynching" in America did not happen in the UK.

However, what the UK terms "lynching" did happen during the "Race Riot of 1919."

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
The simple matter of fact here is:
The student did not commit a crime, break a rule or physically do anything to warrant such attention.

So you're saying that it is OK to issue death threats against a service animal? That it breaks no rules?

But threatening an animal?
Oh boo-friggin'-hoo, cry me a river Conservatives...

Well, it may be acceptable for Australian Liberals to act that way, but the rest of the world - the civilized one, that is - doesn't act that way.

If it was a Jew or a Christian setting a dog on fire hell you'd never even hear about it.

This isn't a religious issue. People like you are trying to deflect the issue and make it religious, though. It is not acceptable to issue death threats regardless of the faith. Can you understand that?

Oh, and your basic premise, about it not making the news, is also wrong.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Hi Rubyteacup

I couldn't find Race Riots. Also, your image doesn't display - wrong tags? Are they supposed to be img and /img?

Edit: Oops - found it. Thanks!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You're throwing up straw men. The poster I responded to listed specific examples of what she deemed to be discriminatory practices by immigrants in the U.S., two of them from (alleged) Muslim men (Pakistani) and one from a Cuban. One of her examples, the voting, has absolutely nothing to do with any form of discrimination whatsoever. My point is that the rudeness and discrimination that happens in this country is not necessarily based on the culture an immigrant comes from, but rather, that it is endemic to modern American culture as a whole.

I'm not talking about what Islam is like in other countries. Frankly I don't care, because what happens in other countries, and the laws they live under, are their business, not ours. People who are born, raised, and live under Sharia law generally want to live under Sharia law, otherwise they would either make the choice to emigrate to a nation with different rules or they would form a group to overthrow the mullahs in their home country. Our disagreement with their choice to live in what we consider a repressive regime does not give us any moral authority to condemn the people or the regime they are, apparently, happy with.

If you look at things from their side of the coin Muslim women under Sharia might think American women are slaves as well--practically forced to work to support their families, slaves to fashion, many left by their cowardly men to raise children alone.

As for whether Muslim women are allowed to work, yes, many are. I work with a number of them every single day right here in the US. Most of the "rules" regarding what an Islamic woman can or can't do has nothing to do with Islam itslef, but with the tribe from which she and her family come, and how that tribal background shapes the laws of the nation where she lives or from which she hails.

But most Americans, in their rush to judgment, don't see any of that. All they see is "Islam" as a monolithic institution bent on ruling the world. Well, one could easily get the same impression from reading the Christian Bible, or the Jewish Torah, or Scientology's Dianetics.

I think one of America's biggest social problems today is an unhealthy dose of xenophobia. We quickly see the differences in those of other cultures and we've been conditioned to see those differences as "bad" and wrong. We lack the ability to empathize with others, especially those from "outside". This lack of empathy, along with a general lack of curiosity for fact and truth, leads us to often violent conclusions about the motives and intentions of the "other". Not to say other cultures don't do the same thing, but my primary concern, being an American, is how Americans act. I can't change how other cultures treat each other and I don't care to. I don't want them killed or repressed for it either. They have their accepted way of life, one they're happy with. We still haven't really decided what our way of life should even look like--the downside of the great Melting Pot is that the "culture" is in a constant state of flux as the ratio of different nationalities, races and cultures changes every day. That change scares some people, and I can sympathize with that, but I believe people can and should rise above that fear and accept that change is inevitable and maybe, it's a good thing that in the end can make us better as individuals and as a society.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/5/2008 by khunmoon]

Wow, you just made yourself look like a fool.

Well done.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I doubt if TXMACHINEGUNDLR would do what he stated. He probably was talking in the "heat of the moment" just as some posters here said the 'muslim dog hater' was doing., just a gut reaction to a state of mind that exist in some folks, and they verbally act out. I must think that
common sense dictates that before TXMACHINEGUNDLR follows through with his batting practice..he would stop and think this dude who hates dogs isn't worth going to jail for ...but I'll keep a close eye on him just the same.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

lol

You know what's funny? the ignorance of some muslims, dogs are not dissallowed, it even says in the quran how (Edit: god believers) slept in the same room (cave) as a dog. Also Islam teaches the most important thing of all, be nice to animals!!

[edit on 14-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You know what's funny? the ignorance of some muslims, dogs are not dissallowed, it even says in the quran how Mohammed slept in the same room (cave) as a dog. Also Islam teaches the most important thing of all, be nice to animals!!

The belief in dogs as "unclean" has more to do with tribal beliefs than Islam itself, methinks. As for this particular situation, I think the kid making the threat was just an ass, doing what asses do best--being an ass.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here is proof from the quran itself!!

Verses with a dog mentioned.

18:22 (Some) will say: They were three, their dog the fourth, and (some) say: Five, their dog the sixth, guessing at random; and (some) say: Seven, and their dog the eighth. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord is Best Aware of their number. None knoweth them save a few. So contend not concerning them except with an outward contending, and ask not any of them to pronounce concerning the

18:18 And thou wouldst have deemed them waking though they were asleep, and We caused them to turn over to the right and the left, and their dog stretching out his paws on the threshold. If thou hadst observed them closely thou hadst assuredly turned away from them in flight, and hadst been filled with awe of them.

5:4

"They consult you concerning what is lawful for them; say, Lawful for you are all good things, including what trained dogs and falcons catch for you. You train them according God's teachings. You may eat what they catch for you, and mention God's name thereupon. You shall observe God. God is most efficient in reckoning."

Nowhere in the quran does it state anything about how dirty a dog is!

The quran does state kindess to animals, and being kind to animals makes you a great person.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk

The belief in dogs as "unclean" has more to do with tribal beliefs than Islam itself, methinks. As for this particular situation, I think the kid making the threat was just an ass, doing what asses do best--being an ass.

Yes that is true, a lot of these so called islamic acts come from tribal beliefs, of course every country has different culture and beliefs.

Isn't it funny thou, this false belief in dogs being dirty things they shouldn't touch, has caused some people to be cruel to dogs, when in the quran itself it says you should be kind to animals!! haha, if your going to follow a religion, then at least do it RIGHT! lol

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

You're throwing up straw men. The poster I responded to listed specific examples of what she deemed to be discriminatory practices by immigrants in the U.S., two of them from (alleged) Muslim men (Pakistani) and one from a Cuban. One of her examples, the voting, has absolutely nothing to do with any form of discrimination whatsoever. My point is that the rudeness and discrimination that happens in this country is not necessarily based on the culture an immigrant comes from, but rather, that it is endemic to modern American culture as a whole.

I would say that the rudeness she observed is not limited to Pakistanis or Cubans, but exhibited by all ethnicities. And certainly not limited to the US, as you seem to imply.

People who are born, raised, and live under Sharia law generally want to live under Sharia law, otherwise they would either make the choice to emigrate to a nation with different rules or they would form a group to overthrow the mullahs in their home country.

Well, the men probably want to. I can't see the women wanting to live under such a system. But as long as they are kept repressed and uneducated, they don't know any better. Which is why the Taliban forbade women from attending school.

Our disagreement with their choice to live in what we consider a repressive regime does not give us any moral authority to condemn the people or the regime they are, apparently, happy with.

We not only have the right, buty we have a duty to condemn repressive regimes.

If you look at things from their side of the coin Muslim women under Sharia might think American women are slaves as well--practically forced to work to support their families, slaves to fashion, many left by their cowardly men to raise children alone.

That is the product of uneducation. I don't know of a single American woman who would want to exchange places with a woman living under Sharia law. Can you say the same about muslim women?

Most of the "rules" regarding what an Islamic woman can or can't do has nothing to do with Islam itslef, but with the tribe from which she and her family come, and how that tribal background shapes the laws of the nation where she lives or from which she hails.

When they point to the Quran as justification for their acts, it most certainly does have to do with Islam.

But most Americans, in their rush to judgment, don't see any of that. All they see is "Islam" as a monolithic institution bent on ruling the world. Well, one could easily get the same impression from reading the Christian Bible, or the Jewish Torah, or Scientology's Dianetics.

You're equating those religions with being American. Wrong!

I think one of America's biggest social problems today is an unhealthy dose of xenophobia. We quickly see the differences in those of other cultures and we've been conditioned to see those differences as "bad" and wrong. We lack the ability to empathize with others, especially those from "outside".

Totally untrue. America has long been known as the melting pot. What other county on earth is made up of more cultures than the US? Do not confuse acceptance of cultures with acceptance of cruel and inhumane behavior. As I mentioned, men have a duty to recognize that.

This lack of empathy, along with a general lack of curiosity for fact and truth, leads us to often violent conclusions about the motives and intentions of the "other". Not to say other cultures don't do the same thing, but my primary concern, being an American, is how Americans act. I can't change how other cultures treat each other and I don't care to.

You can't change American culture either, esp. since Americans can tell when you are talking trash.

And I'm begining to question your motives, esp. when you post falsehoods like "This lack of empathy, along with a general lack of curiosity for fact and truth, leads us to often violent conclusions about the motives and intentions of the "other".

How can you say such bs about America? Do you really hate it that much?

I don't want them killed or repressed for it either. They have their accepted way of life, one they're happy with.

You keep saying they are happy. How do you know they aren't just terrified enough to stay low? After all, apostates are subject to harsh punishment, even death.

We still haven't really decided what our way of life should even look like--the downside of the great Melting Pot is that the "culture" is in a constant state of flux as the ratio of different nationalities, races and cultures changes every day.

What it should look like? There is no "final solution" proposed in the US. We welcome those things that scare and confuse you - change and flux.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Nowhere in the quran does it state anything about how dirty a dog is!

True, but in the hadiths it is much different:

INTRODUCTION

Muhammad made strange and harsh statements about dogs and these edicts affect dogs in a tragic way. His teachings may have come from cultural bias, Pagan concepts, or his own imagination, but wherever they came from they led to the cruel treatment of dogs.

None of the statements regarding dogs are found in the Quran but they abound in the various collections of traditions (hadith). These traditions are a primary foundation of Islamic theology and are the basis of many Islamic laws. They render dogs as "impure" and worse. Per Muhammad’s orders most dogs were to be killed and all dogs of a specific color (black) had to be killed.

Muhammad claimed to be a prophet of God and as such his word was to be obeyed. With the teeth of Islam biting worldwide it is vital that Muhammad’s teachings be scrutinized to determine if he were a nut or a prophet.

www.answering-islam.org...

Emphasis added.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join