It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim student threatens to kill epileptic teacher's service dog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

Excellent thread, man...in my neighborhood, a Msulim said dogs were considered impure by muslims due to old tales...Was I to post a thread on that? Because if all ATSers do, it's gonna be a forum for whiners.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
call me a moderate, but I know a number of muslim and islamic types here, and mostly, they're all a pretty decent group. a bit outspoken, but they have their faith. They're peaceful overall and live and let live, really.

but...

the radicalized ones.. whoa mama, that's a different story, but about the same as dealing with radicalized (fundamentalist) Christians, just a different set of tactics.

the media blurs those lines, and at the same time, these are the types we bend over backwards for. In our overly PC society, we'd rather pound on the majority because one minority is unhappy.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'll answer to all and not one particular person.

First off, if you read the papers here in the UK or see the news in Europe and research such things you will find they are true. It may not have spread to your part of the world yet but it might.

Secondly I won't even mention my part of the Galaxy because the world is a small place on the Internet these days.

Yes many stupid rules have arisen because mainly Muslims that is have complained about the way we do things and are allowed to take away our choices and logical science in which things are made of. There has been many news paper stories that have said how Political correctness has gone mad, but Muslims seem in the forefront of these stories.

Do I have to find them for you to read them? For example cabbies won't allow Alcohol in their cars, it affects their beliefs- well that is in Australia. In America pigs offend a new Mosque being built near a pig farm and they want them moved. Certain Crisps have minute traces of Bacon and it nearly went to court. Anti-Bacterial Gel contains Alcohol that hospitals use and it offends Muslims. Yes Muslims not Hindus or Buddhists. Its always the same story of having the freedom to complain about the most silliest things and winning their case quite often than not.
Salam Rushdi? Lives in the UK and many Muslims have called for his head.

There are now even Islamic Banks and now Shria Law Courts proposed to have one rule for one people and one for another. How much evidence do people need that the same old demands from the same people happen too often than not. In the 60s when Muslim populations were growing, schools had to deal with mass protests in England that is because the Girls went swimming and were uncovered. In this century we have the head scarf problem, again where has everyone been that complains against my views, because these things are facts, and what ever next I' mean are people purposely not putting this into one bag yet?

No I don't live too far from the London Bombings so why should I worry?

This social tension was building for years and it was a matter of time when numbers grew and the law of probability grows too that you will find extremists in the UK and many Islamic schools have been investigated for that reason. You say nothing to worry about? Glad you did not live in New York before 9/11.

Yes I agree the war in Iraq was dumb but Afghanistan really needed a change and was unstable, but that is America's fault too for letting the Russians suffer fighting on the boarders of those countries as America did nothing about it in their same old two faced fashion. America capitalised on Iraq and took a risk and they did not find weapons of mass destruction, but we did find poor human rights that Saddam feared his people with. Although all war is frightening and bad news, it will hopefully be a better system than they had. Since America stands for democracy and freedom I guess they cannot be hypocritical and turn it back to Islamic rule anyway.

Yes we in the west have had our faults with the Middle East, they don't like western culture and they blow nightclubs up if we westernise tourist attractions. If we say something against their religion we have riots all over the place.

What I don't understand is that people make me out to be some Xenophobe, which is not the case, and have known many people from all cultures and see it as it is with different peoples who have different problems. Do I have to say that there is big problem with Black youths and gangs in London, did I say black and now I'm racist because it looks to me people have got their heads buried in the sand. So I just keep it real and from what I see and hear in life and if people see it another way then fair enough, I'm one mirror of many in this world and its not just generalised thinking.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrezhnevX
well law is law .... law defines anti-smeitism as racism in europe

It just goes to show you how backwards Europe is.
Besides, since when do communists adhere to European law? I don't think you know who you are.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
It just goes to show you how backwards Europe is.
Besides, since when do communists adhere to European law? I don't think you know who you are.

Everyone who disagrees with you is just a Communist, eh?

Just a little friendly advice: If you're going to channel the spirits of Joe McCarthy and J. Edgar Hoover, be prepared to find yourself on national TV wearing a dress and women's panties while pounding a desk and screaming about your "enemies". That might be a wee bit embarassing. Oh, and make sure you turn the AC up--It's pretty hot in that place both SOBs went to when they died.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubyteacup
First, a group of Pakistanian men were talking on the sidewalk, not a problem! However, I had my son not even a year old in a stroller and was just trying to go for a walk. Not one of these men, who crowded the whole side walk, would step out of the way even after I said excuse me. It wasn't until I said that I would not bring my child into the street to get passed them that they did give me some room to get by.

You know, right here in Chicago, I run into the same problem all the time. Except, it isn't "Pakistani men", it's spoiled rotten WASP teenagers and twenty-something yuppies. Have you considered that it might be more of a rudeness problem overall rather than a problem specific to some nationality or religion?

Second, the Pakistanian community were holding elections to vote for leaders in their country in a school yard parallel to where I lived.

So what? Lots of expatriates vote for who will lead in their home country. Americans overseas vote by absentee ballot. How is this evidence of a big scary Muslim takeover?

Third, I was eating in a restaurant owned by a man who happened to be Cuban, not a problem I ate their often. However, when he started to bad mouth Americans and especially American women and came closer to me so that I couldn't even eat! I stopped eating my spaghetti and meatballs and asked the other patrons around 6, if any of them had their own home and whether they had their own business........everyone either said no or shook their heads for no. I told the owner that America has been quite good to you........he owned two houses and the restaurant plus had a very good job in New York City. Then, I said that he should not be bad mouthing a Country that has given him so much as a non-citizen, but given its own citizens so little. If he found America so bad why had he stayed, I told him that he stayed because of what he has and that Cuba would not have given him as much. I paid for the meal that I couldn't finish. I'd say that within a month maybe a bit more he sold the restaurant and no doubt made a good profit.

Again, general rudeness, not necessarily evidence of a "hostile takeover" by immigrants.

As a woman, I do have problems with the cultures of middle-easterners and other countries with their behavior towards women in their country and especially when I am slighted in my own Country of origin. Is my experience an isolated incident? I guess some individuals would like to think so!

And the worst discrimination against women in America comes directly from Americans themselves. Women continue to make less money than men in the same jobs with the same (or better) qualifications. Women are viewed as little more than property by the Southern Baptist Church, whose official stance is that women should "politely defer" to the judgment of their Husbands. Women aren't allowed to be Catholic Priests (yes, I know that's technically a problem with the whole of the RCC, but it's a discriminatory policy nonetheless). Women still face discrimination in the Military, including sexual harassment, rape, etc.

Whine all you want about how other cultures treat women. But in doing so consider the discrimination brought upon women by the very culture in which you were raised. Stones, glass houses, blah blah.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
Everyone who disagrees with you is just a Communist, eh?

** SIGH **
Perhaps if you would have read some previous posts or at least did a little research before posting your 'knee-jerk' reaction, you would have realized the person I was talking with is a communist. He posted that he was a proud communist and hated America and hopes China or Russia will rule the world.
BTW, where did I say everyone who disagrees with me is a communist? Didn't you realize I was calling the same person a commy and not 'everyone' else.

Just a little friendly advice:

Sorry, but I don't need or want your advice. How about I give you some advice: Try to know what you are talking about before making wild accusations and sly comments.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

** SIGH **
Perhaps if you would have read some previous posts or at least did a little research before posting your 'knee-jerk' reaction, you would have realized the person I was talking with is a communist. He posted that he was a proud communist and hated America and hopes China or Russia will rule the world.

First off, I haven't seen where he's posted this specific information. Reviewing this thread again I don't see what you're talking about. I'm not going by whatever posts a person may make on another thread, but by their statements here and now.

Second, I can understand why someone might hate America, considering how we do our damnedest to screw the world over for our own selfish interests.

Third, China, in a lot of ways, does rule the world. It largely rules America, having taken over most of our manufacturing and holding much of our foreign debt.

BTW, where did I say everyone who disagrees with me is a communist? Didn't you realize I was calling the same person a commy and not 'everyone' else.

It's hard to tell. There's so much rabid "anti-Communism" on this site it's hard to tell whether you, or anyone, is going after a single person or a whole group--especially, as I stated before, when the specific person has not made the comments you accuse them of within the context of the specific thread being discussed.

Coming into this thread new, and reading through it, and then finding you labeling someone a communist out of the blue, leads me to the conclusion you're a typical anti-Commie right-winger, one of many I've encountered in my tenure here. Maybe you need to be a bit more specific. I can't read your mind.

How about I give you some advice: Try to know what you are talking about before making wild accusations and sly comments.

Not knowing what one is talking about doesn't stop anyone else on this site from making wild accusations. This very thread is full of wild accusations against Muslims from people who know Jack about Islam. Pot, Kettle, blah blah.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's hard to tell. There's so much rabid "anti-Communism" on this site it's hard to tell whether you, or anyone, is going after a single person or a whole group

Umm....with good reason. Don't you realize that communism is the enemy of capitalism. If someone trashes capitalism, I will do the same to communism when they say he is a commy.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Umm....with good reason. Don't you realize that communism is the enemy of capitalism. If someone trashes capitalism, I will do the same to communism when they say he is a commy.

And capitalism unrestrained leads to the very same type of evil as Communism, that is to say, Totalitarianism (albeit Fascist rather than Communist).

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And capitalism unrestrained leads to the very same type of evil as Communism, that is to say, Totalitarianism (albeit Fascist rather than Communist).

Actually it's just the opposite. Capitalism with two much government involvement and regulation get you a fascist state which is where we are current heading. There are to many people who believe that government should be involved from cradle to crave.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Actually it's just the opposite. Capitalism with two much government involvement and regulation get you a fascist state which is where we are current heading. There are to many people who believe that government should be involved from cradle to crave.

But there is practically NO government involvement, except for that which corporations buy and pay for. In an uncontrolled capitalist state like we have now, corporations buy politicians and write their own rules. Thus they circumvent the will of the People. The People want control and oversight of business, because they know and see that business unrestrained is predatory and cannibalistic, destroying society from within.

Now that isn't to say there can't be too much control. What I suggest is there needs to be more of a balance. America was at its greatest economically when big business had lines they couldn't cross. Now after 25 years of hands-off economics business is running this nation and its People into the ground. I'm sorry you can't see that past your ideological bias. We are out of balance and it's too far in favor of business. Controls need to be brought back. Otherwise our economy will never recover.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

But there is practically NO government involvement, except for that which corporations buy and pay for.

What? Are you serious? We must be living in different countries because there is way to much government currently. There are to many useless government agencies and government regulations which are now suffocating businesses. This is one reason why corporations are moving away to other countries. Government is already to large and involved to much in every aspect of our personal and work related lives.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Originally posted by johnsky
I can say this for the Muslims, all the Muslims I've known have talked to me about their faith rationally. The Christians have almost always started a conversation on faith with "You're going to hell.". Yeah... you're real good people.

Really? Are you being serious, or just trying to badmouth Christians?

I have never had a Christian say anything remotely similar to me.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to Nighthawk:

I never said anything about a hostile takeover by Muslims. I was talking about my own experiences. And, there are many people who have had similar experiences, but they probably would never say a word about it because right now in the U.S. they would be more likely to be sued and theywould be ridiculed for not being sympathetic to another person's culture.

The U.S. has many problems with discrimination of women, but if I lived in Pakistan for instance what rights as a woman would I really have. Perhaps any women born of a wealthier status has a chance of education etc., but it is disconcerning that you would compare U.S. standards to middle-eastern standards toward women. From my understanding they are not allowed to do anything without their husband's permission.

Would I as an average American woman visiting Pakistan be given any courtesy. The U.S. welcomes many cultures and, of course, people will have problems, so do citizens, but what will I have if I lived in Pakistan.

Allegiance to ones country I do believe is important and yes the Pakistan community can vote, but just because they live in America doesn't mean America is their homeland. In the last 30 years, many people do not come to America to make it their homeland......that is the difference as opposed to struggling for a better life as a United States Citizen. I am not going to be swayed to feel sorry for anyone solely based on their religion, race, etc.

And about general rudeness, you are wrong. There is a certain mentality that middle-easterns have towards all women in general.

True story Brooklyn, NY 1982: Two Pakistan men and three teenagers arguing outside my window around 10pm. Teenagers were 14 or 15 the most, saying 16 would be pushing it. The young teenagers were laughing, joking because they were being kids. One of the Pakistan men pulls a gun (do you think he had it registered?) I yelled out, I called the cops. Pakistan men late 30s) quickly ran left and young teenagers took off to the right. On the nextday headlines, would the newspapers have read, THREE TEENAGERS KILLED BY UNKOWN ASSAILLANT.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post in this flamefest of ignorance, but a couple of members have inspired me to.

The muslim god is the same as the christian god - allah is one of the 99 names for god found in the koran, the muslim rosary (pretty much the same as the catholic one) is a reminder of the names for god.

Muslims venerate the virgin mary (same as christians) and believe that jesus was a prophet (same as jewish people)

Passages in the koran state that jews and christians should be venerated as "people of the book " meaning the holy book.

Once again for the hard of hearing - muslims pray to the same god as christians and jews.

This whole anti-muslim thing is as silly as the catholics against the protestants, and look what happened there.

Now please people, try a little research before firing off ignorant statements - some of you are making yourself look silly.

As for the story in question - at most this somalian is misguided and doesn't understand his own religion.

A common enough occurrence in christianity, so why do we look with shock and horror when another religion does it?

MSM PROGRAMMING - we are being taught to hate islam because it suits the agenda of those who want to invade and control the mideast.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

And the worst discrimination against women in America comes directly from Americans themselves. Women continue to make less money than men in the same jobs with the same (or better) qualifications.

But they are allowed to work. What does Islam say about women? Are they equal to men? Are they encouraged to work outside the home?

Women are viewed as little more than property by the Southern Baptist Church, whose official stance is that women should "politely defer" to the judgment of their Husbands.

Again, what does Islam say about the relative equality of men and women?

Women aren't allowed to be Catholic Priests (yes, I know that's technically a problem with the whole of the RCC, but it's a discriminatory policy nonetheless).

Are women allowed to be mullahs, or cleric or whatever, under Islam?

Women still face discrimination in the Military, including sexual harassment, rape, etc.

Are women allowed to join the military under Islamic theocracies?

You may speak about American women all you want, but at least they do not have to fear being subject to "honor killing".

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't get it.
Just cause he's muslim we have to make a big deal out of it.
And to the person that said something about orthodox christians...somalia is the wrong country, ethopia is the one your probably thinking of

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Back on topic, I didn't see where any disciplinary action had been taken against the student that made the threats. He should have been expelled, imo. Zero tolerance for murderous threats should be the school policy.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

As far as honour killings go, it is no longer widely practised in christianity (as it used to be) but it is still practised in parts of africa as well as parts of egypt, jordan and palestine (in christian communities)

It's also practised in hindu communities and haiti, and the israeli penal code has provisions for the protection of family honour as a defense in a murder case.

Of course not that long ago, in the US, if a white woman had sexual relations with a black man....

But that's SOOO different (sarc)

[edit on 13/5/2008 by budski]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join