It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I noticed that sometimes the first access is very slow, but as I use Opera I even have to do some "tricks" to get access to chat, the initial page doesn't work in Opera.

I just tried to enter chat using Chrome and I had no problems.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah I keep trying to log in but it's still a blank box. I never had problems before they changed the format that I can remember. I will keep trying if not I will just use Safari on my Apple and have two computers set up lol

Thanks

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations.

Preliminary thank you for your time.

I was wondering if there is a link to any threads in which I can familiarize and refresh my memory as to what the titles of "member", "writer", "scholar", and "fighter" mean and pertain to?

I used to hold the sub-title of "writer-scholar".

I'm not sure how to have any effect on these things, and I'm not sure what they pertain to. Can anyone explain or point me in a direction?

Thanks,
et

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
HI sorry if this has been asked I couldn't find any reference to it

A few weeks ago (3-4?) although i had NEVER started a thread my profile suddenly claimed I had 1 thread.No actual thread was visible.

I have since made 1 thread on BTS.
my profile then said I had 2 threads.

At some point in the last 7-14 days my profile changed my number of threads started as 3.

I have only ever made 1.

Ideas?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

Mumma in pyjamas.....

I believe that your complaints / questions as submitted formally will result in a "count" as a thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

As Maybe...maybe not said, submitted comments/suggestions count as threads.

It also counts any time you send an alert on a thread or post (sending an alert starts a thread in a mod-only forum).

Also (though this one I'm not completely sure about) I think that opening the comments section on your profile counts as starting a thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Also (though this one I'm not completely sure about) I think that opening the comments section on your profile counts as starting a thread.

This is correct...you may be sure now...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks to all of you.It must have been from the alert I hit on a rude aggressive and pointless post in a thread I read but did not post on.I'd never done it before but it was beyond rude.And the launching of comments the other.

At least I now know it was not the result of my children and their random keyboard mashing "raids".

Thanking yoose guys.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by americandingbat

This is correct...you may be sure now...

Pics or it didn't happen?

Glad that was helpful

[edit on 8/27/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi All -
I looked around to find where to post about ATS website problems as I completely forgot where to report difficulties.
Anyone give me a heads up please?
For two days I've had huge problems with ATS 'Timing Out' - just getting to the site alone has been a problem.

Thanks tons

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Am I supposed to read 227 pages of 2200+ post regarding
The ATS Issues Thread ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hello,

I am having trouble submitting new threads in "Breaking Alternative News". Whenever I try to make new threads there I get this

I have now tried several times and each time the result is the same. I am not sure if it is important but I don't face this problem in creating threads in any other section. I tried in Current Events, General Conspiracy, the Gray Area to name a few. I hope this can be solved.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by name pending

Try using the "submit" button on the toolbar just above the search box on every page (in between "chat" and "log out").

I think there's a coding bug with the "New Thread" button in the Breaking Alt News forum

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

O wow!! Many thanks for the tip. I never noticed the submit button until now. I just now tried it and it is working perfectly. Thank you for the help. I have already posted the thread in Current Events a min. ago which I wanted to post in Breaking Alternative News but I am sure this will help me in future

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hi All -
I looked around to find where to post about ATS website problems as I completely forgot where to report difficulties.
Anyone give me a heads up please?
For two days I've had huge problems with ATS 'Timing Out' - just getting to the site alone has been a problem.

Thanks tons

Go herre (in Account Settings) to report malware/virus issues or use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainCloud
Am I supposed to read 227 pages of 2200+ post regarding
The ATS Issues Thread ?

Do you have a specific question or issue you are having?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks tons - I'd of never found it in account settings, lol.
Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have had this exact message several times recently...just while clicking on threads and replying and so on... is it to do with the new ATS 2010 or is some work going on at ATS or what?

[edit on 27/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Testing a new ATS feature that would allow anonymous posting on ATS threads.

This is just a test, please do not reply to this post.

As a newbie, can these anonymous posters be banned too?

I agree that rules and decorum should be in place, as there are a lot of posters under the influence who lose control, angry, fantatical...and I have no patience for it.

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join