It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This is old information and no longer applies to the current ATS design/code.

A long standing ATS mystery as been the complex and closely guarded formula that goes into the makeup of the colored bar appearing below the points indicators in the mini profiles.

The entire "black box" containing the bar and points has been removed... in favor a slightly more attractive system... Content Contributor Levels.

The core idea has evolved from the thread, A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!, and has been refined to reflect the full spectrum of our members.

Since we all desire to see the best possible content here on ATS, the new indicators do a better job of providing a nice "badge of honor," in an exceptionally clear and democratic way, for all members... with a strong focus on those who contribute content that achieves the notice and recognition of other members.

The Thresholds Of The Indicators Are:

APPRENTICE:
Our brand-new thread starters who are just getting their feet wet, the indicator requires at least:
20 posts, 10 stars, and 10 flags.

SOLID:
The core of our contributing members who may not be able to spend lots of time authoring threads, the indicator requires at least:
50 posts, 50 stars, and 50 flags.

BRONZE:
The first of our elite levels also triggers the code that removes ads from the discussion board*, the indicator requires at least:
300 posts, 300 stars, and 300 flags.

BRONZE: (exception)
Members with more than 2,000 posts, but less than the other levels for bronze receive the "BRONZE" tag, but still see ads.

SILVER:
The second of our elite levels who see no ads on the board, the indicator requires at least:
400 posts, 500 stars, and 600 flags.

GOLD:
The highest of our elite levels who see no ads on the board, the indicator requires at least:
500 posts, 750 stars, and 1,000 flags.

Update For Applause Indications

A secondary tag has been added below the "content contributor" tags to indicate applause received. They are...

"this one is aware" - 20 or more applause

"this is a critical mind" - 40 or more applause

"we have a deep thinker" - 60 or more applause

"a fine conspiracist" - 80 or more applause

"simply stunning insight" - 100 or more applause

"godlike wisdom" - 150 or more applause

There... no more color-coded mysteries in the mini-profiles. Clear indicators based on contributing content that achieves the notice and recognition of other ATS members.

* - The early system for negating ads relied on a 250/250/250 threshold, however, for two days after the initial announcement, there was a flurry of stars and flags at a pace 4-times the normal daily level... that's not the intention of this system... and the requirements have been raised to 300/300/300 in an effort to normalize the percentage back into the zone that existed at the time of the announcement.

Edit to refine the formula.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]
edit on 11-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh noes, my precious bar has been repossessed, it was so pretty and (ehem) longish.

Oh well, of all the member "metrics" I always thought that was the most revealing along with "applause."

It was also the only one that had motivational elements for me, it really encouraged me to hit the 10,000 post mark. It's silly I know, I guess I'll get over it ... eventually.

I like goooooold ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c42fd2cf94c.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks SO, I think this is a great idea. I was pleasatley surprised to see a new feature where those bars used to be and now I know what I have to do to get to gold..lol..

Awesome idea

link   
I officially love Bill and the administration. In fact, I other my hand in marriage - I can cook, clean and wear tin foil on special occasions

Offers?

link   
So now that the colored bars are gone are you gonna finally give out the secret to them?

and S Dog

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
are you gonna finally give out the secret to them?

No... because I forgot what it was.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks for letting everybody know what the "formula" is for getting these "titles", for want of a better word!

That "post bar color mystery thing" had me perplexed and scratching my head for years!!!

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is interesting too.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bill, all I have to say is this is cool, and it's a great way to recognize people.

Nothing more needs to be said in regards to it in my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why are Applause not taken into account?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
*shrug*

I don't consider myself a novice.
I wonder if anyone else does.

I think it's kind of rude to be judged this way. Especially since 150 flags .... whatever. It's fine.

link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Because you have too many!

link   
Nice and attractive.
I guess it's a good idea overall.
It was time to move forward and i will keep an eye on the new system to see how it performs

Should be OK without side effects.

Congratulations on the constant work to keep quality high !
Its quite a hard job considering the variety of member opinions and reactions.

link   
It's all good I guess...

When I first noticed it I was Silver...

Upon a "Refresh" I was demoted

Hmmm...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I think you're GOLD Raven, if it makes any difference to you.

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

What he said, Rockpuck.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Damn straight I work hard for those.. but no grading system on ATS, be it the bars of old, the newer bars, the bars that replaced the other bars, or this new system even recognize Applauses.

Actually I take that back, it was rumored the bars colors once reflected the number of applauses, but SO keeps the secret guarded in a secret dungeon protected by trolls with clubs on an island in the middle of a volcano..

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
500 posts seems small, I have accumulated about 18,000.

Surely, 1,000 is gold material?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It kind of doesn't.

I'm kind of mad.

I kind of think this is wrong.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yet again SO and the team hits one out of the park

Can we make this a no whining zone? We see where we are at and we all have goals to reach Gold level, so Clock out and Keep working and good things will happen to everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join