It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

CAN WE HAVE WATS BACK??

What's that?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by FlyersFan

CAN WE HAVE WATS BACK??

What's that?

Yes please! I second that!

What's WATS?

link   
Dear God everyone, just leave them alone.

For heavens sake let them run their forum.

The Three Amigos need to take their forum back.

Just stop.

link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Way Above Top Secret.

it was a monthly award voted on by members to show appreciation to one another for contributions. It worked on individual posts and not threads themselves. Members were given a certain number of votes and could use them on any other member to show that their contribution was really Denying Ignorance.

The problem was that with the rise of traffic, the end result was a massive tie between loads of people with no clear winner at the end of the month.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Anyone else see it besides me?

The ATS community fragmenting into sections and cliques of "haves" and "havenots" "whiners" "malcontents" contrasted by the "get over it"
group.

I doubt this is what the administration had in mind with their "thank you" method of ranking but it sure is what has happened.

Sad really............

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Way Above Top Secret.

it was a monthly award voted on by members to show appreciation to one another for contributions. It worked on individual posts and not threads themselves. Members were given a certain number of votes and could use them on any other member to show that their contribution was really Denying Ignorance.

The problem was that with the rise of traffic, the end result was a massive tie between loads of people with no clear winner at the end of the month.

OH I see, TY.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Thanks for your help.. I knew someone would reply lol.

Still dont know why the avatars I make get reduced from 50kb down to 13kb or less but they are jpegs. I will try a PNG format to see what that does.

Thanks again..

Feels like im posting off topic at the moment because of this flag / points issue.lol.. It doesnt matter what system we adopt I will always be at the bottom of it. lol. Does this bother me... nope... lifes to short.

Have fun,

JQ.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Anyone else see it besides me?

The ATS community fragmenting into sections and cliques of "haves" and "havenots" "whiners" "malcontents" contrasted by the "get over it"
group.

I doubt this is what the administration had in mind with their "thank you" method of ranking but it sure is what has happened.

Sad really............

I see it Whaaa, and I knew it was coming. That is what happens when you label and give out goodies. Everyone puts their hands out for more, works harder for you, or walks away from the injustice. Some people refuse to play the game and fold.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As of this post, this issue has generated 2,465 replies. Is it settled yet? Have we reached the concesus point? Probably not. I don't know what ATS was like 2 months ago. I joined at the end of April, one week later there were updates and changes. Now, more changes and lots of opposing points of view. Whatever is going on behind the scenes is causing lots of energy to be directed toward an issue that should not even be an issue. Strange really.

This forum is a virtual communication vehicle which I found interesting and informative. So what if I'm new, I still have a brain and some valid points to express. Whether or not the majority of readers agree is irrelevant to my intention. Having a scoring system is fine. That's how real life is too. We score each other privately and often aren't aware we are doing it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh look.. Now the flag contribution thingee has changed again.. instead of red I am now blue...

yaaaaa...

LOL

What the heck are you guys doing?

Pick something already! hahahaha

EDIT for Hazelnut

No up until recently this point system was pretty consistent. Oh we had minor changes every now and again but nothing like the last few weeks...

in the last few weeks its like someone slipped some cid into the amigos drinks and now they can not make up their minds about what they'd like to do for us and their site.

Bear with em. I am sure more changes are coming soon.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
As of this post, this issue has generated 2,465 replies.
You'll no doubt note that this thread was started over a year ago as a catch-all for ALL ATS issues. The latest debates are but a drop in the bucket of this thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Hazelnut
As of this post, this issue has generated 2,465 replies.
You'll no doubt note that this thread was started over a year ago as a catch-all for ALL ATS issues. The latest debates are but a drop in the bucket of this thread.

Dang! I could just ignore you and your common sense but, but, but. Thanks for pointing it out, I was ignorant. But. Nevermind.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OK, question. Just to save some time, on what page of this thread do they describe how the latest incarnation of all this works? 124 pages is a lot to read through for anyone ...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Anyone notice the new tweaks to the flag contribution system? What is with the line and the blue?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Heck yeah I just said something about it a few posts up...

I swear the men with the plan have kinda gotten a case of the undecideds....

Who knows which way they shall go next.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Anyone notice the new tweaks to the flag contribution system? What is with the line and the blue?
It's because it looked like a warn flag to someone. They were shocked to see it. And it did look like a warn flag.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
MAKE IT GREEN GUYS!
I like green. The blue is dark and hard to see, everyone can see green.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I wonder what the bar is for? It is kinda crazy that very likely SO himself his watching this thread and judging responses of it and tweaking the system, lol, we are being observed.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Thanks guys, I wonder what the bar is for?
added flair

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
How many flags does one need before their flag contribution line gets some color?

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join