It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
How many flags does one need before their flag contribution line gets some color?
20+ ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Thanks guys, I wonder what the bar is for?

My guess is that it's similar to the old status bar that would increase due to post count. Only this one increases due to flag count, along with the color filling of the text.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Aint that the 50 million dollar question... at 99 flags I barely have "F" covered...\

Maybe if they keep this system they will let us choose the color of our flag bar in our ATS account settings..

I mean I thought red was just fine... Blue is ok too ... I like green so If it was my personal choice I would choose green...

Meh... Lets see what these fellow do next!

EDIT TO ASK

Wont someone flag just one more of my threads so that we can see if we get a magic change at a 100? Maybe My story in my Sig deserves a flag?

As always your choice if you do or dont.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
An FSME is not going to result in any more flags being applied to your threads. And I'm not sure why you say that the staff has foregone that forum.
No, that aspect of my comment was referring to applause, not flags.

That's located in the SS forum. It is one of our more active forums and at times one of our more volatile forums.
While we were, in fact, under increased scrutiny for a week or so after that notice was posted, things are pretty much back to business as usual with ad hominem attacks, baseless accusations, hate speech and other violations which get alerted but seldom rectified by the mods. You can say that SS is one of the more active, but of the 16 forums under the Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forums umbrella (not counting RATS), looking solely at the date of the last post on the bottom of the first page of each forum, it's roughly in the middle. If you discard the TinWiki and Research & Multimedia Uploads forums from the list, it drops to the bottom quarter pretty quickly. In truth, only 5-7 posts get updated a day and very few new threads move through there anymore. So to call it "more active" isn't exactly true.

And while there are a few mods who occasionally post in SS because of their interest in the topics at hand, and a few SuperMods doing a bit of recent admonishment (Mirthful Me, namely... good to see him back!) I don't really recognize actions in recent memory by those mods assigned to be moderators of that forum. (including two who haven't logged into ATS in 3 and 4 months, respectively...)

Just feels like the inmates are running the asylum again, hence my "Oh, Mods, why have you forsaken us?" plea.

*shrug*

[edit on 6/1/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

that aspect of my comment was referring to applause, not flags.

Applauds are not made public, so how would you know? The only way you can say that, is if none of the members who are ever posting in SS all have 0 applauds in their profiles...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
EDIT!!!!

I misread something

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Im glad the new flag contribution level has become blue. I loggged on this morning and thought Id got one of those WARN messages you see in red! Blue is so much calmer and easier on the eye.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Since you asked so nicely, I flagged your Spelling post. Do me a favor too? Not that it means anything mind you.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by titorite

Since you asked so nicely, I flagged your Spelling post. Do me a favor too? Not that it means anything mind you.

OH AWSOME! look at that.. at 100 we fill in the next letter... So my guess would be 100 flags per letter...

You gotta be KIDDING ME!!! LOL 2100 flags to fill that sucker up??? AND SOME PEOPLE HAVE IT...

Good lord 3 years I been here and the mods barely like me. hahaha No way I'll ever say anything that gets our member to give me another 2000 flags...

Unless Ron Paul runs again in 2012... then I might have a shot.

What could I do for you hazelnut? Name it.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Anyone else see it besides me?

The ATS community fragmenting into sections and cliques of "haves" and "havenots" "whiners" "malcontents" contrasted by the "get over it"
group.

the community shows that they are human

that.s more or less human behaviour!

yet not intended to creat but naturally

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
Still dont know why the avatars I make get reduced from 50kb down to 13kb or less but they are jpegs. I will try a PNG format to see what that does.

john have you ever tried gif?
do you reduce the pictures before posting or do you let the system controll it?
maybe try to save for web and try to get under 20 kb - and you might be able to controll it

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Cool, thanx.
If you find out the secret formula for this new mystery system let me know will you?lol

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow look at you and your flag contribution level

MG

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Walks into the conversation...

Shaking his bag of stars: Ooo Lookie here! A flag just fell out...

Blue, Red what does it matter?
It was just suppose to be a way to say thank you from the big guys!

[edit on 1-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

that aspect of my comment was referring to applause, not flags.

Applauds are not made public, so how would you know? The only way you can say that, is if none of the members who are ever posting in SS all have 0 applauds in their profiles...
Not saying zero. I'm just saying that posts in a forum with an FSME have a larger pool of people capable of applauding a thread than a post in a forum with no such position. Statistical fact. I've made an average of 2.27 posts per day in the year and a half I've been here, the majority in the SS forum, many of substance. I've gotten 9 applause. Not that that's a complaint. I'm proud of ever single one I earned. But when the new markers went up I noticed how many people had far more. My selective interests clearly put me at a disadvantage in that regard.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Everyone puts their hands out for more, works harder for you, or walks away from the injustice. Some people refuse to play the game and fold.

I suspect there was surprise when finding out how many of the lab rats can unlock their cages and leave... anytime they want.

On a slightly more serious note -- not that any of this feels in the least bit serious at this point -- it is a better solution than the short-sighted, wildly-pompous-God-on-high labeling of everyone idea.

Having said that, many of my favorite ATS posters are not thread makers so I think they are getting left out in this latest attempt to qualify contributions. Which is too bad because this site needs them and should acknowledge them (and in a perfect world someone would figure out how to do that w/o calling us all names).

EDIT: typos & tags

[edit on 1-6-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'll tell you what you can do with that bag Sir!

LOL, wait a minute, a few of mine just fell out......

Seriously though, this is straight, I mean it is what it is and it is only a thank you that has gotten WAY out of hand.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Having said that, many of my favorite ATS posters are not thread makers so I think they are getting left out in this latest attempt to qualify contributions. Which is too bad because this site needs them and should acknowledge them (and in a perfect world someone would figure out how to do that w/o calling us all names).

I think star count is a more accurate way of defining contributor content. It nullifies the disparity between those who don't necessarily start threads but contribute high quality posts.

Perhaps it's already included.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow look at you and your flag contribution level

MG

LOL, thanks. It is no big deal really, just a thank you. I really think all the members and staff of this board deserve a thank you for keeping this site great "since 98' ".

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I agree. Contributions are not only made by starting a discussion. Personally it never mattered to me either way, but I did like the idea of not having to view ads ad a reward to contributing good content and quality.

new topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join