It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET-Channelers: Con Artists vs. Genuine Messengers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now I am going to apply deeply to the logical mind.

If energy cannot be created or destroyed it has always been.

And that energy we are existant in is but a memory to eternity.

We have taken on more bodies then we can rememeber.

And if our bodies are just that a persona in time, well how many look different then what we know to be human form or (better yet) maybe that human form takes on endless forms and equations.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

so - i ask again - why do aliens know all about your mother ?

This was done by the entity in order to show what it means to collect data/information beyond the rational mind (metaphysically)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
And if our bodies are just that a persona in time, well how many look different then what we know to be human form or (better yet) maybe that human form takes on endless forms and equations.

Of course it does.

Wonder if its too much asked to these cynics here to take something above and beyond consensus-reality as an option.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Edgar Cayce was one of the first examples of a person making accurate statements about things later uncovered to be true.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Wonder if they are willing to let go of somethings learned so they can unlearn about what is known.

But of course only through -direct experience- will they obtain, (well done).

The spirit of man takes on many wonders unseen to the logical mind in a given enviroment outside the envelope of learning inside the scope of spirit to learn.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

Talking of channeling....you channel, dont you? You´re a resident ATS-Channeler with your thread "Higher Light Answers for Questions".

So, what do you make of the diverse "channeling market" out there?

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I grew up with my Mom reading such books as Ruth Montgomery's
"A World Beyond".

Channeling has never been a closed concept for me.

Many Channels however have been out to make a buck, but they do not seem to last long.

One thing my Mom and I discovered long ago about groups of channelers like Sedonas A Team, is that they refuse to take responsibility for themselves. Claims of being benevolent "Walk-ins" with higher light divinity and messages from Aliens soaring above our planet.

Seemed a little uncomfortable for them when we walked in the door.
They completely ignored us, flitted around the newbys that were just amazed at their ability. We laughed at certain points and that was unacceptable.

The A team appeared to be channeling these peoples money as much if not more than Aliens messages.

I remember the Seth Chronicles. Those were interesting.

I guess the best I can offer to your thread Skyfloating is that in my opinion, and you have heard me say this before I am sure, I find it difficult when people do not take full responsibility for all they say or do.

When people channel, they are channeling their own higher self, but if they say that it has no credibility. No one wants to hear what Joe Schmo has to say.

We are all living simultaneously in many dimensions and realities, only here on earth do we live with the concept of time. Really all that exists is the present.

I have personally felt the energy of Channeling, like I say though when taking full responsibility, it was really just being in the moment completely.

Also you cannot go by the 'act' channeling has been around for too long to not know how to look like the real deal if that is your bag.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The only thing I connect to is my (SOUL) and I know it guides me to my light. But I am sure it makes up a frequency and that frequency is (Theta frequency) which my body makes up.

I agree with everything so far stated with you. I think it's those that deal with frequency or energy to direct it to create a just cause. I am here just to be of service where I can and help out.

I applaud youR effort.

The difference with me and maybe others is I know I am not from here one hundred percent, but I can connect to -the- inside- of- my- body (anytime) I like. I am a volunteer here doing what I came here to do.

To me all this is is 'direct communication with our soul', to others its connecting to the outside. Perhaps because they feel they are only outside themselves, I know I exist within. I believe it deals with their ego trying to make the qualification.

(Other things I can tell you about me is: I was here before the sun was even brought into place..) I am a healer. Not of earth occupation but of being.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

One thing I have to say is that when you meet someone from well, elsewhere, they never do anything but try and blend in to their work here.

I have yet to meet an Alien that has had such an ego about it all that they claim to be from elsewhere.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Blending in maybe (your way out)- but not mine, the statement is not a statement but a being.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've been reading the books by Abraham-Hicks. Esther Hicks claims to have
contact with a group of spiritual entities that call themselves "Abraham." I've always been a skeptic about these sort of things, but this message is so positive and healthy, I look beyond that.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think that, probably, all channeling is BS. And no doubt that this "industry" is rife with charlatans trying to dupe people for a buck. HOWEVER, you CANNOT write someone off as a fraud if they charge for their "services." Sure, there are warning signs: excessive greed, heavy marketing, ubiquitous fees, etc. BUT, if you are a "channeler" and that is WHAT YOU DO...well then, a man/woman has to eat, you know? Again, I think it is probably BS anyways, but the rationale that charging money is in itself an indicator of fraud is erroneous.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
To some of the above posters: I agree that Jane Roberts "Seth" and Esther Hicks "Abraham" is really good stuff, high-quality-channeling.

But since this is the UFO-Forum, I also mean to remind of Extratrerrestrial channellers or channellers who talk at length about UFOs, ET-Civilizations, Abductions, Government Projects etc.

Interestingly, not many seem to be familiar with the ET-Channeling-phenomenon.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ok , if we accept that the channeled info was genuine - then such details about your mother IMHO reveal a near omnicience , and should convey an ability to discern accurate info about ANYONE on planet earth

so , i would have one instant question :

where is Madeline Mcann ?

again , i do not particulary care - but know that the true answer would help her family immensly - even if she is dead - they can have a funeral and grieve

Nancy Lieder claimed to `channel ` zetan alien info - and made a series of very silly statments concering the Chandra Levvy case

and i asked @ the time why do aliens 100s of light years away care where a disapeared congressional intern is - and got baned from a zeta talk forum for even asking the question

these channeled aliens claim to be benevolent beings of light - how about they show some compassion and offer helpful information ?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My take on channeling is that we have too many agenda contradicting each other making this issue a laugh and a ridicule.

What you will never get to see or ear is the people that channels with out publicizing they report. I have attended one of this session once and had find nothing to believe or disbelieve.

The experience lives you more questions then answers. Why is that?

Later I find out that my approaches to this issue was self beneficial driven and with this kind of fuel my quest will not get answered because only you have the answer about your-self.

Nothing extraordinary ever happen in my life and I seem to focus more energy on what is not happening hence my participation of this channeling.

This in my view a metaphysical issue and will remain this way for many years in to the future.

Channeling in his core is not helpful, if you are left only with your inner self to deal with life then true sentiments rise to uplift your senses of knowledge. Where by the ultimate truth will be shown by your self acquire knowledge and not by any other means. This is true uplifting, it is up to you to live what you want to be.

Kacou.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

so , i would have one instant question :

where is Madeline Mcann ?

I dont know where she is. Channelling is the ability to access certain streams of energy, not all of them.

But we all know of stories of how police officers made use of the help of psychics to help their searches.

However, as stated in the OP this is not a thread on "Channeling: True or False" but rather "genuine vs. fraud"

Nancy Lieder claimed to `channel ` zetan alien info - and made a series of very silly statments concering the Chandra Levvy case

and i asked @ the time why do aliens 100s of light years away care where a disapeared congressional intern is - and got baned from a zeta talk forum for even asking the question

these channeled aliens claim to be benevolent beings of light - how about they show some compassion and offer helpful information ?

Some are frauds, some are just mediocre channels and sometimes information is not given for other reasons.

The fact that you got banned for asking questions shows that you were involved in a less-than-sincere group of people.

We can use our own "channeling" abilities (intuition) + common sense to discern scam-artists from more honest folk.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I have personally felt the energy of Channeling, like I say though when taking full responsibility, it was really just being in the moment completely.

Yes. Id also say that making music or writing a book or acting in a movie requires a sort of "channeling".

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Boy, your English has improved! I remember your very first posts here.

(Sorry for the off-topic comment)

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by atlasastro

So do you think its only them updating their message to adapt to modern times (contactees were very different in the 50s) or them having access to more as the planets "frequency increases"?

I believe that if you look back at this phenomena in its earliest stages you will find references to aliens and alien contact originating from our solar system( Martians for example), as our knowledge was very limited on exactly what was out there. As our knowledge increased , you will find, so too does the distance in origin of many of these beings. Also you will find that the main themes of those contact experiences are often contemporary to the issues of the era of contact. What does not change however is the underlying message from these beings( who now have replaced spirits, angels, demons, past lives etc. etc.). This message being always of great import of mans need to change, of love being the supreme, to avoid an impending danger or catastrophe of our own doing.
books.google.com... =uCuVfm3AyNcZj3gDwZ7-B6aSoTg#PPA48,M1

The mission is frequently described as one of redemption. Among the more common themes contained in messages from aliens are cures of all diseases, the deliverance from destructive forces of atomic power, and the transportation to a new plant where there will be complete security, wealth and co-operation. UFO and alien literature of the 1950's and 1960's is full of warnings about the potential outcome of atomic fallout and wars(Mitchell and Mitchell 1959;Strangers 1960), thus stressing that humanity needs redemption.

To emphasise my point, here is a link to an ATS member members.aol.com... who has his own site and claims to be an intermediary between higher alien beings and us. He nearly ticks all the boxes in the above quote which is taken from The Gods Have Landed:New religions from Other Worlds by James R. Lewis.
And here we see the same from ashtar......impending catastrophe and danger.....

ones desire to instigate world situations which would produce
chaos and disorder within the Earth family and result in
tremendous unnecessary loss of life from this platform of
evolution. Growth and evolvement would be disrupted for many
souls, as well as ultimately defeating the Glory of God
intended to fill Earth with Love and Grace.......The ultimate
goal is nuclear war and destruction of the present prevailing
economic system. The final idea of enslavery of mankind and
total subjection of humanity to the ruling few would result in
total extinction of freedom of will and man's right of choice
to determine his pathway.

And the solution and salvation through ashtar......

Earth changes will be the primary factor in mass evacuation of
this planet. We will be standing by while the entity Earth's
efforts to protect itself, shakes off its irritants and
destructive elements.
The planet entity
will enter a period of cleansing to prepare itself for its
Golden Age. You are a part of that heritage and you shall
inherite the Earth and its glory. In the Light of Our Radiant
One, I depart now. This is Korton, of Mars, speaking for the
Ashtar Command. Adonai."
ashtar.galactic2.net...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes...Im very aware of the phenomenon of contactees/channellers changing their story throughout the decades to be more similar to the times they are in.

Things like ashtar being the worst example of this.

Some people are even still "stuck in the 50s" in their view of ETs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join