It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anone else feel like this place has turned "clickey"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

You have to admit though that the end of the world can be pretty darn entertaining.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

You got a point.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
When I first joined ATS dg was one of the first members I took any real note of. I've never become even reasonably close to her but I respected her contributions. That she feels the way she does and the apparent lack of interest in her concerns shows how BTS has changed.

I think if members not in a certain clique had made as many off topic posts they would have been given a gentle reminder to stay on topic by now?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Frankly, A BTS thread in General Chit-Chat doesn't get the same kind of Mod attention that a thread gets under a NON-General Forum.

thats why it's chit-chat, generally.

I also saw quite a few people come to this thread to wish DG the best.
And it looks like others might have just been trying to make her laugh a little.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG, I certainly would like to apologize if my prior post was offensive to you in any way. It was not my intention to make light of, joke about, or derail your very well meaning thread.

If you've read many of my posts you could see that I do like to joke around a little, maybe sometimes too much, and it certainly wasn't meant to be at your expense.

I've only been at ATS for about five or six months, but in that short time I can see that you are a very well respected member.

Again, I'm sorry if my post was disrespectful, I truly didn't mean it as such.

Rush

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

And it looks like others might have just been trying to make her laugh a little

That's all I was trying to do spacedoubt.

Sorry DG if I offended you in anyway.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I suggest that we respect the authors topic and not derail threads.
while the forum subject is general chit chat that does not mean you should disrespect the person posting a topic by just posting random things that pop in your head that are not even remotely related to the subject.

I suggest that being an ATS related forum we put a limit on just how childish a post can be. There are many subjects to discuss in the range of general chit chat that do not sink to the level of lets all go to the bathroom at the same time.

I have to say when I saw that I had to wonder just how old the topic author was and why we don't question membership when someone makes posts of such a anti-quality. My 8 year old twins might have found that hilarious.. I however.. found it sad.. a reminder that content no longer seems to be moderated in this branch of the ATS family very well.

You can't force people to be cordial or social with new people.. however you can stop them from hi-jacking a thread or posting content that is not even at a middle school intellectual level.

I love ATS... this makes me sad. It really does.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cliques just seem to naturally form. It's human nature. Programmers often jokingly defend their dysfunctional software by saying, "That's not a bug, that's a feature!" So here's today's story about how to add social networking features to any website:

www.washingtonpost.com...

Cliques for all?

Here is the PC_World story on Google "Friend Connect" feature from one hour ago. Within that story, the embedded link to the Google "Friend Connect" page should become operational later tonite:

blogs.pcworld.com...

[edit on 5/12/2008 by Uphill]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
this place was clikey from day one if you ask me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join