It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anone else feel like this place has turned "clickey"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I do, obviously.

We're losing members because of it. Its a shame. It doesnt matter what the subject matter is, or how dumb it is, as long as its started by a "click" member.

I feel like i'm in highschool competing for peoples affection or even a nod from a member saying "yes, you matter- i hear what you're saying"

WORLD ENDS- 1250 views and no responses, on the other hand if someone writes a thread about their bowel movements, it gets 30 pages!

I feel sorry for ATS. Things are really going downhill.

Too bad.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You mean cliquey?
Like high school groups in the lunchroom?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I think you got it.

btw, i dont think that's how you spell it either. But in any case, i have seen worse things mispelled here- much worse.

Yes, that's what i mean, ???

[edit on 3-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Haha, I was expecting to read about 'mouse elbow' or something from too much clicking.

Root is clique. The adjective version which is a neologism, but acceptable useage, would be to add a 'y'.

en.wiktionary.org...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't think ATS is "clique" oriented at all. There are way too many people with varied interests on here to have that happen.

I would imagine that you think this because people with shared interests congregate on the forums that post threads in the topics that interest them the most.

Therefore, you might see the same large group of people posting messages in each forum.

Certain topics I am interested in might receive 200 views, and a handful of posts, then disappear into oblivion. This doesn't mean that the person who posted the thread didn't have enough ATS "friends" to make it more popular IMO, it just means that only 200 people looked at it, and the others that saw it and didn't look at it, weren't interested enough about the topic to read the thread.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thank you both for your sensitivity and English lesson.

Obviously, i'm in this alone- how stupid of me to feel left out by bunch of pixels?

How stupid of me to even care what a bunch of pixels feel for me?

I will get a grip. I have no friends here. My friends are only in the real world, and i know those because i can feel them and touch them and hug them.

You cant hug a pixel

[edit on 3-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thank you for speaking to me, Late. As always you are compassionate and a delight. Thank you for being "real"

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Seriously

I didn't know what you meant...I mean I do click an awful lot around here!

I just think we've reached a critical mass..Where the whole site used to be the clique..Now we have roving bands of sub-cliques within the giant clique.

check out the clique beetles..notice they are all alike, wearing the same clothes and all..

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ah!
thanks for that, Space.

Thanks for the memories!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

You bet Dg..

I'll always luv's ya, even if I'm not responding to your posts all the time..
You joined right after I did..Back in the day.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Geee, aweeeeee shucks, thanks

spacedoubt is probably right ...I like that....

I just think we've reached a critical mass..Where the whole site used to be the clique..Now we have roving bands of sub-cliques within the giant clique.

I love that "roving bands of sub-cliques" ...I picture a hoard of ATS members rampaging through the site typing furiously and posting wildly

[edit on 3-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You cant hug a pixel

I'm part of your clikky and you can hug my pixel anytime.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Seriously, dg, why are you picking up any hostility.

There is NONE, zero, nada. As a fellow 'writer' I consider you a good buddy.

No spelling flame at all, in fact it was just mildly humorous title word mixup, that's all.

I don't know about cliques, but remember the best posts often get only one or two replies because people read them and say 'hey, that says it all and it is correct'.

Only the contentious posts get a lot of traffic and comments.

I posted a whole 9 part thread on the JFK thing and newer evidence and a bunch of vids, several of which were newer and only got two replies, and the whole thing was buried in a day or two. I spent a whole afternoon setting that up.

But that's just the way things are. Don't sweat it.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

You cant hug a pixel

I'm part of your clikky and you can hug my pixel anytime.
I love you and i will hug your pixel. You're a sweetie!

I'm going to be gone for awhile. Seems that is the thing to do following such a thread.
Everyone i know is gone now anyway, so, see you later!
I do love you whaaa, and others here.
Farewell. I shall return just to see whats going on.

So long pixels.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I feel the same way and I didn't log on for a week.

The place is not the same without Vic and Beachcoma.

It's OK, happens to everyone.

Take care.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg I have seen a little of what your talking about but I don't think it's as prominant as your portraying it out to be.

Also I understand the post reply debocle and I made a point about it in a recent thread. I created a thread just for shock value and to instigate a lot of back and forth talk. It worked well. Heck that thread even made one member aparently puke. (I just love that for some reason)

but there are internal groups here I guess you can call them cliques or whatever but they aren't the majority of posters. Most of us do find friendships here and also comraderie among our fellow posters in different areas of the board.

Its a huge board after all. Probably the biggest I have ever seen. With this many people contributing and with this many people posting you have to expect a little group activity going on behind the scenes.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

WORLD ENDS- 1250 views and no responses, on the other hand if someone writes a thread about their bowel movements, it gets 30 pages!

Hi DG. I know exactly what you mean with the above quote. I've seen it. The more "out there" the thread, the more interest in generates. I don't understand it myself. I just pick and choose.

There are some ATS-er's that I do seem to "click" with more than others, some I've become "online" friends with because we seem to have alot of interests in common. Some enjoy my jokes and others don't. But, I don't choose the topics that I participate in based on whom I'm most friendly with.

I guess I havn't been at ATS long enough to know whether or not it is going downhill, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm a stay at home mom who needs adult interaction while I'm staying at home being a mom so I love ATS and what it has to offer.

The ATS-er's I'm most worried about are the ones who are so serious about finding the answers for everything and see so much conspiracy in everything that they forget how to laugh or how to smile and forget how to enjoy the world around them. You know, the ones that can't see the beauty of the blue sky for all of the contrails. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't take things here seriously, I do, but I also have a family that I have to raise in this world, and all the conspiracy aside, it's still a pretty great world. I'm not going to teach my kids to look out for ufo's everytime they leave the house. That's just not healthy. It's a balance that I have found.

I have always enjoyed your posts and would like to see more of them. Hang in there, girl.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Different" movements" draw different attentions and responses, dg... or, of course, the lack thereof is an ever present possibility. Nothing to stress one's self over, mind you, just keep on keeping on...

You've been though worse times.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]
I'm liking hsur2112's "outlook", myself.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I don't think she's from Texas, mate.

Also, it's not Halloween anymore, in case you haven't noticed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join